Guide to make this game attend the next MLG

in PvP

Posted by: Naito.5693

Naito.5693

Hey, Jonathan! You want this game to bring money? You probably do. So, listen up.
I am sure as hell not as qualified as your PvP design team (heh), but I want this game to succeed because I like it and I want to go pro.

Make Heart of the Mists free to play.
What does it mean?
You can create an account for free, download the “pvp part” of the game which includes: heart of the mists(duh), 3 tournament maps, 5 hotjoin maps and whatever (hopefully) comes within the next month i.e. ladder, spectator mode, custom servers etc. and have access to pee vee pee with no restrictions. You won’t be able to even complete the first quest in PvE, though.
This way people can just jump right into the game and have fun in hotjoin. Once they feel like they actually want to try and play the game more consciously, they can find a team, try playing free/paid tournaments, spend their hard earned gems in the gem store (hopefully, fully reworked with lots of cosmetic armor, weapon skins etc) and maybe even buy the game for the PvE part of it.

What will we get out if:
Crazy amount of new players trying such innovative pvp game, kittenes going crazy over the cuteness of asuras, new blood for tournaments, more build ideas, better community.

What will Jonathan get out of it:
MONEY

Naito for Anet pvp department, yay!
Discuss.
p.s. I’m world first in QP ladder. My opinions matter.

Attachments:

A Lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

Very unlikely to happen after watching this forums for few months but

+2 Syko

in PvP

Posted by: Lorienda.1349

Lorienda.1349

mehkittentokyo u got in before me
+1 Jexster
lets hope this thread will stay and wont dissapear randomly this time

Jexster ~ Chieftain Ninjas

i cant have a bad picture i dont know why,ask god.

in PvP

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

+1 Crs Danto

Make sure to remove tickets once you implement the Matchmaking system!

I’m the best Guardian in the World, my opinion matters.
Make it happen ANet!

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

(edited by Danto.6748)

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

+1 for this thread, I think it’s the first time I actually support Naito. Feels weird.

I am fluffy and wear catear hoodies, my opinion matters.

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

EU Meta too stronk.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: Rol.6938

Rol.6938

what are we waiting for? lets do this!

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Yes for more pugs-stomps !! Naitoswag for president!

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: MrBLoc.1732

MrBLoc.1732

The idea its good but i still prefer the one that some one dont remember who said in SotG
about profession rotation and if we want to get that profession we need to pay like 10 euros or something like that

or like in betas just having norn , char , human and need to pay to get sylvary and cute asura

xD U can run but i will kill u xp

(edited by MrBLoc.1732)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I have 1 QP. Do my opinions matter?

I approve that, but it isn’t going to happen at least not in the near future.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

J Sharp will be quite busy this week, so many important threads lol

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

You literally took what the host of sotg said and called it your own lol w/e i’ll support it.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

What the host said was a pure copypaste from what forumers said the last week. So was the whole Sotg tbh.

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

What the host said was a pure copypaste from what forumers said the last week. So was the whole Sotg tbh.

Last week ? Nah saw this suggestion back 1 month ago in forums, it was trolled and closed or something .

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

1 and also ELO SYSTEM ASAP or something similar for solo queue and team queue!!! and ye f2p seems the only way to advertise this games pvp atm since its losing most of its already existing playerbase on pvp.
2 months ago the tournament queue was popping every 8 seconds at peak hours now its every 3
minutes on average.

Jim Battlemaster

in PvP

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Great ideas Naito senpai but these in practive would never work and cause the dwindling community to get worse and worse, let me stat why.

1. Your idea to make “Hearts of mist” a completely separate section of the game will only end up with a negative out come on the community.

As it stand there are 3 types of players, the Pvers, the Pvpers and the Casuals which in turn fit between both sides. By further separating the Heart of Mists aspect of the game you will further separate the small community that pvp. Hardcore pvp players forget the game doesn’t cater solely to them so when thinking of how pvp can be improved they must consider how it can be improve across the board for everyone rather than just like players like themselves.

Creating a separate “game” would be the down fall of GW2, pvers are getting bored of repetitive content or grind and are not completely dedicated to pvp, limiting their options. Think about it all the people (who are the majority in the game remember) who pve do not like how their pve rewards, effort or time is in anyway presented in pvp, pushing them out further by making them download a separate “game” will just push them out of the game.

2. More builds, more this, more that, the way GW2 combat, skills basically everything that the combat mechanics are built on are very limited. You will not be seeing a large variety of builds in the future, the meta we see today will not change as drastically as you think because it cannot the mechanics don’t allow for such drastic change.

5 stats with predetermined traits that favor 1 weapon type rather than another, E.g power guardian traits favor the greatsword with traits that provide 5% more damage or 20% reduced cooldowns on greatsword. You will never see a power staff or mace guardian because the combat mechanics do not and will not allow it. So build variety suffers.

in PvP

leman.7682

Why isn’t there the EU vs. NA argument in this thread yet?

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

+1 but I’m not sure it’s ready for that yet. Still needs matchmaking and something besides hotjoin for random vs random. I think it would be smarter to wait until some other important features are in before going F2P.

On the other hand, maybe they should just do it to try to bring numbers up so they can better implement matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Topics like this pop up every month probably (have seen 2 or 3 myself), but they got no attention so far, maybe this one would be the lucky one. +1

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Because Japan and China are better than both

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

/disagree

i payed money just to play pvp so i want to be refounded in someway. even giving me some kind of 30-40€ in gems. assuming everyone has bough the game till now, it won’t matter economy of the game neither black lion trading company, because free users won’t be allowed to use it.
give me my money back and then i can deal with new f2p pvp mode.

even in gw1 you had to buy the pvp account (cost less ofc) to play gvg, ha,ra,ta,etcetc.

TL;DR: J Sharp, do you want to make money? split the game in pve/pvp and let new players buy them at less cost.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Great idea, probably won’t happen though

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: MrBLoc.1732

MrBLoc.1732

Because Japan and China are better than both

so kitten true

xD U can run but i will kill u xp

in PvP

Posted by: Psyco Flipside.1936

Psyco Flipside.1936

Naito has said what I’ve been saying for ages. F2P sPvP!
That’s the only way for this PvP to attract people.

+ More people playing -> Famous game
+ More viewers
+ People will end buying either the skins or the full game -> More money to ANet -> Greater rewards for tourneys -> More players -> eSport
- Greater charge for the servers
- Recognising that nobody is playing sPvP

We want the PvP to triumph, be pro gamers and earn money thanks to streamings and tournaments. Now the question is on your side, ANet, do you want to have a successful PvP? Is doing our idea profitable for your business? Or just focus on the PvE which gives also a lot of money? Let us know.

(edited by Psyco Flipside.1936)

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

I’ll throw my 2c in.

I know everyone has their own ‘ultimate fix’ for turning GW2 around, even if they’re ignorant of the logistical difficulties and cost barriers to do so. With that in mind, here’s my grand vision for GW2. (Entirely my own opinion, of course.)

My “AMAZING OMG THANK YOU GROUCH” plan is composed of two parts:

1.) Revamping the current tournament system.

-Use the existing tournament system exclusively for DATs (coming soon?) and MATs. (Automated tournaments)

-Create a MMR-based single-round matchmaking system on random maps. This will allow paid queues to pop at literally any hour of the day, compared to currently mostly being able to queue for paids during NA primetime.

-Separate queues for solo and 5 man. QP’s only awarded to 5 man rosters. (Reduced QP per win. (You’re playing 1/3 less for it, you know.)

-Tournament ticket system needs to be revamped. If it’s going to be single round, the cost should be reduced by 1/3, right?

2.) Turning Heart of the Mists into a standalone (but still integrated for full game purchasers) free-to-play client.

F2P games for the most part enjoy the benefit of robust player population, obviously attracted by the option to trial something for an extended period of time without obligation. I don’t think that anyone is going to argue against an injection of new blood into the mists.

In my head, it works much the same was as (gasp) League of Legends. When you initially download the HoM standalone client, you are given one character slot. With this character slot, you are free to create any one of the three professions in the ‘free to try’ rotation, however this one free character slot is only able to play one of the trial professions. Once the rotation is up, you’ll have to recreate your character, or purchase that profession. Ideally, the price for a profession or slot is around $5.

Buying all 8 professions will put you out roughly $40, less than the current non-sale price for standard digital edition.

Additional benefits or limiting factors could be introduced to make flat-out purchasing the complete Guild Wars 2 client (PVE funtimes included) more beneficial. I have yet to map these out.

I’d like to stress that I’ve only spent limited amounts of time fleshing out the free-to-play HoM model, and if you have criticisms or feedback, feel free to do so. I’d like to see the idea evolve somewhat, even if it does seem a bit far fetched.

I’ll probably tune this up later on. Have to head out!

Here’s my post on the subject from about a month ago. I don’t care who gets credit as long as it’s taken into consideration.

Grouch

in PvP

leman.7682

snip

Here’s my post on the subject from about a month ago. I don’t care who gets credit as long as it’s taken into consideration.

The first part is a must if we want to create a natural rating system. The tournament system got to be used only, I emphasize, ONLY for dATs or mATs. This system of 3 round tournaments is not only too short and boring, but also doesn’t fit traditional matchmaking.

What they simply need to do is scrap it, let us play solo queue ranked matches (with duos possibly allowed) and team queue ranked matches like in LoL or GW2. Tournament system should be reserved for more important events like aforementioned dATs.

What I’m afraid about is – what I could understand from Jonathan Sharp’s statements during the first SOTG – they aren’t going to listen us and they will just revamp the matchmaking for the tournaments, so it somehow protects PUGs taking ranks into account. He said something like ‘a PUG of highly ranked players can still win with some premade teams’, which is horribly wrong direction.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Minerva.7109

Minerva.7109

Just reset the QP ladder. It’ll encourage new players to queue up for paids so it’s no longer the same 40 ‘top’ players farming each other.

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

If this goes through, I want a refund on the game because I don’t play PVE.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Brock.7253

Brock.7253

+1 !!! free or low price pvp access, + pvp content (legendary skins ?) in the store + ladder + only tournament system is weak (Did a game have ever be so hard ? u need to win 3 differents teams to win, n this is the only mode ! + kitten ? 40 players to begin 1 game ? + kitten ? if ladder is implemented, good teams will win 3 games when if u losse 1st map, u can play only 1 n waiting for the queue to pop again so good teams will make much more elo) + spectating mode
looking for next big changes.

(edited by Brock.7253)

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

Well to be serious I think there are better ways to make gw2 popular and attend mlg. To make it popular I agree with helseth to incorporate a solo queue to give all the fresh blood a chance to win tournaments. To include MLG… Well almost any game is in mlg even super smash brawl… I mean if we had custom servers mlg could host gw2 on their next event even lol. At least that’s my understanding of how things work.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

lol you could pay people to play hot join and they would quit after being zerged by insta kill thief and mesmers. this game had tons of pvpers already and they quit, bringing more wont change anything without a major overhaul.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

lol you could pay people to play hot join and they would quit after being zerged by insta kill thief and mesmers. this game had tons of pvpers already and they quit, bringing more wont change anything without a major overhaul.

A bit more pessimistic than I’d phrase it, but there’s truth here. GW2 PvP is still a few patches away from being ready for a major influx of new players. I would say at the bare minimum we’d need matchmaking for single matches of team vs team and random vs random. It would probably be smart to wait until a new game mode or two can be added as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

/disagree

i payed money just to play pvp so i want to be refounded in someway. even giving me some kind of 30-40€ in gems. assuming everyone has bough the game till now, it won’t matter economy of the game neither black lion trading company, because free users won’t be allowed to use it.
give me my money back and then i can deal with new f2p pvp mode.

even in gw1 you had to buy the pvp account (cost less ofc) to play gvg, ha,ra,ta,etcetc.

TL;DR: J Sharp, do you want to make money? split the game in pve/pvp and let new players buy them at less cost.

yes scorched earth! i like this guy

-1 from kitten pray

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I agree. An idea to make the game cost viable aswell could be the free pvp part but with 2 character slots only. For those players that want 1 of every class, Anet has made thier 60 bucks right there. Some people will stick with the 2, that’s ok though.

in PvP

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

+1

Made the same suggestion in a post sometime weeks ago but it got buried with the rest of the shiz on this forum.

On a side note, Asian Pryde Mufffugas [APM] b’cause our APM is over 400 son

side note #2, EU hair meta is pretty strong

Kanto

(edited by Klassic.8057)

in PvP

Posted by: Posi.4251

Posi.4251

+1 Posi / SN.
Like lowell i dont want to support naito but i must to because he has reason.

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Also, reduce the cost of paid tournies alot. Honeslty teams would Q more if they didnt have to spend soo long farming tickets. And nobodys going ot pay real money to get farmed while they learn. It prevents new teams from forming so hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I would love to see a “Guild/Team” summit done by arena net similar to what happened with SWTOR after release. All though that game sunk faster the. The titanic, a 1st quarter of 2013 summit where they invited teams from all over to take place in a summit, showcase up and coming features, how they will work and cost with timelines and get player feedback would be fantastic.

Live stream it, YouTube it and watch it explode.

in PvP

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

The problem is they they are thinking:

E-Sports Success → Popular Game

They need to realize it goes the other way around

Popular Game → E-Sports Success.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

E-Sports Success -> Popular Game

Popular Game -> E-Sports Success.

this is largely true.
I think its a bit of mutual causation. Once a sport gets esports attention, that in turn helps it grow even further.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Yup but they don’t need to make it f2p to make it popular. Many games don’t.
They just need to generate more interest. Hell if there were custom arena’s people would probably of run their own tournaments by now. Not like Fighting game fans wait till Tekken is F2p, they’ll start interest themselves.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

Yup but they don’t need to make it f2p to make it popular. Many games don’t.
They just need to generate more interest. Hell if there were custom arena’s people would probably of run their own tournaments by now. Not like Fighting game fans wait till Tekken is F2p, they’ll start interest themselves.

Son, to generate interest, there must be something that ATTRACTS interest loOoOol. Will a potential buyer look at Gw2 and say “HORRY SHET dis game has da custom arenas I must buy” It’s too late for that shet now, there are too many good games coming out in 2013, this bad boy must go f2p, at least the SPvp portion of it.

Kanto

in PvP

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Uhh, in GW1 you could either buy the (any) game for $40 or buy a PvP version for $15. The PvP version had access to those, but if you had the normal game you could also access it.

As for buying the game for only PvP, that’s your call, I don’t see why ANet should refund you. It’s like saying I only wanted to play PvE, I should get refunded 2/3 the cost since I don’t want to WvW or sPvP. (That’s an example, not actually my thoughts.)

in PvP

Posted by: EvisceratriX.1750

EvisceratriX.1750

wtf.. this was my idea… someone stole my idea… da faq… oh well, hope this gets implemented.. then we go esports, yey!

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
http://twitch.tv/evisceratrixtv

in PvP

Posted by: Azadoras.2790

Azadoras.2790

Nice idea. Might actually really help.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

+1.
You nailed this one Naito.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I like it, seems legit.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Sjadi.6589

Sjadi.6589

This was actually a very great idea! Im sure that some % of the new players who try the pvp will HAVE to buy the game to try every other aspect of it. Would be win/win, hope the devs listens to u

in PvP

Posted by: ripshocks.2753

ripshocks.2753

Hey, Jonathan! You want this game to bring money? You probably do. So, listen up.
I am sure as hell not as qualified as your PvP design team (heh), but I want this game to succeed because I like it and I want to go pro.

Make Heart of the Mists free to play.
What does it mean?
You can create an account for free, download the “pvp part” of the game which includes: heart of the mists(duh), 3 tournament maps, 5 hotjoin maps and whatever (hopefully) comes within the next month i.e. ladder, spectator mode, custom servers etc. and have access to pee vee pee with no restrictions. You won’t be able to even complete the first quest in PvE, though.
This way people can just jump right into the game and have fun in hotjoin. Once they feel like they actually want to try and play the game more consciously, they can find a team, try playing free/paid tournaments, spend their hard earned gems in the gem store (hopefully, fully reworked with lots of cosmetic armor, weapon skins etc) and maybe even buy the game for the PvE part of it.

What will we get out if:
Crazy amount of new players trying such innovative pvp game, kittenes going crazy over the cuteness of asuras, new blood for tournaments, more build ideas, better community.

What will Jonathan get out of it:
MONEY

Naito for Anet pvp department, yay!
Discuss.
p.s. I’m world first in QP ladder. My opinions matter.

Make it all of that , but put a cap to the rank max like for example rank 5 or 10 max. And no glory earn for them otherwise it would be free and addicting and i wouldnt pay to buy the full game then for instance.

But nice +1 ! HEAR THIS ANET ! kitten /p>

in PvP

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

Why would they make the PvP aspect of this game F2P?

E-Sports don’t bring enough money to justify making your game free. The only way to profit off of a F2P is if you sell items/gear that make you better (i.e. P2W).

Just sell PvP game as a standalone game, like you did with GW1. Make it $20 or something.