Guide to winning in new SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

- dont flame your teammates – you have to fight with them not vs them
- you are not rambo – dont run solo in 2+ playerz
- dont think you r godlike and the otherz have to do what you say – they have their own brain – work around

oh and the best:
- dont learn your cool new class or build in tournaments^^ – do it in hotjoin

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

- Be ready with 2 or 3 diferent classes with the overpowered specs (for example, guardian bunker-support, necro condi-terror, ranger spirits…).
- Balance the team in the preparing phase, change to the overpowered spec/class needed, so the team is balanced and has as much condis and overpowered specs as possible.
- Start spamming ur overpowered skills that do aoe condi, or do damage and evade, or give boons and cleanse condis at the same time.
-Profit.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

- dont play overpowered specs cause ppl say in forum they are overpowered – when you fail on this classes you make your enemyteam overpowered^^

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

- dont play overpowered specs cause ppl say in forum they are overpowered – when you fail on this classes you make your enemyteam overpowered^^

That’s right, make sure they are played in top teams first .

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Read the forum for tips.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Que with 1 or 2 of your buddies and check roster when it appears and disband if your not with them.

The roster will be hidden in Solo Q so this doesn’t happen.

Thank you kind sir, oh thank you lord!!

Altho I’m still a bit afraid we might see teams of 2 people of the same guild in the same team… Chances for that of course depend on how many people will que and how the system works?

Does it wait a certain time interval, take the players it got in that interval and randomly puts them into the team, or are teams composed in real time as players sign-up (which would lead to sync entering…)?

(edited by samo.1054)

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Que with 1 or 2 of your buddies and check roster when it appears and disband if your not with them.

Altho I’m still a bit afraid we might see teams of 2 people of the same guild in the same team… Chances for that of course depend on how many people will que and how the system works?

Does it wait a certain time interval, take the players it got in that interval and randomly puts them into the team, or are teams composed in real time as players sign-up (which would lead to sync entering…)?

Actually, the more iformation we get about it, the easier people find a way around it.

Also, if you fail your sync and will face each other, that’s a rating loss for oen of you, so I don’t think it will worth it. Mostly because a successful sync is just 1 match, not 25 like in GW1.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

samo.1054

You got the point there I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I have one concern regarding the solo Q… Invading roles were way more rewarding than bunkers, so do you think that we will have people willing to play bunkers? Or will we have teams made of 5 berserkers?

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Roll a necro. If not just make sure you are selfsustained enough and don´t need babysitting. Don´t rely on your team. If possible make sure you can carry your team if its just kitten s all over.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

don’t run hotjoin builds (ie p/p thief, glasscannon 100b warrior) or builds that rely heavily on team support (ie staff ele, venom share thief, banner warrior…), you seriously cannot trust anyone to help you

if you know you have zero chance of killing the bunker/neutralizing the point, then don’t bother

if you’re a necromancer run the res signet, if you’re a warrior then run battle standard, don’t be selfish

don’t zerg mid

know what classes/specs you’re strong against and what you’re weak against

in a team fight target/focus the biggest threat damage-wise… they’re also usually the weakest defensively

be smart with your cc, for example, a rifle engineer can launch someone and then immobilize or stun them to neutralize the point

call incs, don’t be the silent guy (especially if you’re a bunker…)

if you know you’re playing a build with little defenses then don’t rush in guns blazing

if you’re downed and have virtually no chance of getting up (ie no teammates around) then don’t bother using your 2 or 4, the quicker you can get back to the waypoint, the better seeing as you aren’t helping your team at all by bleeding out on the ground

don’t try to roam if you’re a slowpoke (ie no leaps or movement skills)

edit: don’t waste dodges in combat, i see people senselessly dodging around all the time for no reason

edit 2: if can stomp without fear of dying/being cced then stomp, keep in mind that instant skills can be used while stomping (ie smoke vent, stand your ground, dolyak signet), if you have no stability/blind/aegis then dodge the 2 ability, it’s usually very obvious, either thieves (ie steal, infiltrator’s signet, shadowstep) or guardians (judge’s intervention… i’m not sure if flashing blade works though since it activates the auto attack) can stomp thieves

im hurt…65% of my yoloq are 100b berserker

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

… Don´t rely on your team. If possible make sure you can carry your team if its just kitten s all over.

It’s impossible to carry a bad team by yourself. You can only be one place at a time, and this is conquest mode. Points have to be held. You may be able to get a lot of kill pts by yourself, but you cannot assure the win with that kind of play.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

samo.1054

I have one concern regarding the solo Q… Invading roles were way more rewarding than bunkers, so do you think that we will have people willing to play bunkers? Or will we have teams made of 5 berserkers?

I wouldn’t be concerned about that, also I can’t see why invading roles would be more rewarding. The most rewarding is that your team actually wins. I guess the rewards won’t change, so for winning you get 200 glory + the glory for your game + chest. Only looking glory-wise you can hardly ever sum up 300 points in a lost game…

I think (and hope) people will want to win in Solo Q, which means, that if they realise there isn’t enough bunkers, they will roll Guardian…

Anyway people should be aware that doing solo Q you will hardly ever have a perfect team comp, so keep that in mind when you press that “Join Solo” button…

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Hotkeys that announce and acknowledge things to your team such as “Player_A is requesting reinforcements at location Y!” and “Player_B is on route to location Y!” would be useful.

Eg if you are stood on a cap and notice 2-3 people incoming, you press the key to call for backup. This creates a quest circle on your team’s map.

One or more of your team press a hotkey to tell the rest of the team they are moving to position (3 cap points = 3 hotkeys, 5 cap points = 5 hotkeys etc. For example alt+1 announces that you are moving to cap point 1, alt+2 announces that you are moving to cap point 2 etc. #

This could be linked to the minimap and automatically draw arrows showing player movement for a much better strategic style of play for solo qs.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

fadeaeway,

Right now you can announce before the game that when you need help, you will “ping” the minimap, causing a flashing red circle. (Just shift click on the minimap. See more things you can do in the minimap above in my earlier link post.)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Currently it creates a team based around rating, regardless of what profession and rank they are, then it creates another team or faces you against a premade of same rating.

I know this because I’ve had same solo que, with one or two new people going up against the same kitten premade.

This is matchmaking issue of premade vs solo que, and obviously why I tell these anet folks to wait for a pool of 10 players then do the matchmaking rather than 1st five people of rating 1-1000 are a team, next 5 people of rating 1-1000 are another team, no rank is checked, no profession is checked. Now you got Zoose, Jumper, Ostrich on same team because they did a 1 2 3 solo que. Now obviously it wont work if people are already waiting but it’ll work most of the time because there matchmaking system is junk.

I know this because I been doing a lot of solo que and every now and then me and somebody else will be running to tournament master and click join solo and woopdee do we on same team. I have a bad habit of rushing solo que after a game even though I know I’m going to face that kitten ed premade once again with pretty much the same exact team.

All I gotta say is 1 guy go near 4 guys go far, take down gate and lord rush right away, will destroy solo que every single time, especially when they specced to take down lord instantly and steamroll over 1 or 2 people that get in the way spirit ranger style.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Play balanced a d unselfish selft sustainable builds is probably a big one for me. You would want a decent mix of CC, healing, damage and mobility to cover yourself and set up kills.

I think this is pretty good advice. Some people will say you can discuss roles in chat and switch characters during the warmup but in reality that is a pipedream imo with random people. Many people don’t load in until the match is seconds away from s tarting and many people are attached to certain specs and or only play one class. Something well rounded that can do multiple things (albiet probably not at the highest level) will probably be the best way to go most of the time unless we are talking about Guardian Bunker if thats your speciality you should probably run it.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Since in random soloQ you don’t know what kind of team you are going to get, you cannot ever expect to be supported. You have to be ready to be self-sufficient if you don’t get any support classes.

For this reason we can expect that people will tend to play classes that can 1v1 without assistance. I suspect that will be typical in 90% of SoloQ matches.

So the task at hand will be to forge a win with 1v1 player classes. I do think there will be an abundance of bunkers. People know that bunker/buffers will be needed in a team-based win.

But I just wonder how many “middle-of-the-road” high-versatility classes we will see, since they cannot survive without assistance, even though they excel at assisting.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

We should have a new title “King of SoloQ” for those who become Top 1 in SoloQ leaderboards.

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

• Don’t reinforce fights your team has no chance of winning, communicate and regroup!*

“Why arent you helping??? you noob”
is a common response to people who have brain enough to follow that advice

i know, pretty off topic but i wanted to say it :v

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

We should have a new title “King of SoloQ” for those who become Top 1 in SoloQ leaderboards.

How about King of real RNG? Since it really is kitten luck based who your
teammates and enemies are.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I think reading the map and your allies’ lifebars might be crucial:

for instance, if one of your points is contested, and you don’t see any teammates there in the minimap, you can assume there’s one enemy capping it. If you are confident enough, you can go and try to defend it.

If you see a teammate there, you might need to look at his healthbar to see how the fight is going, and if there are more than one enemy there.

And if you are tanky enough, going in battles you can’t win just to buy time might actually win you the match.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

redslion.9675

fadeaeway,

Right now you can announce before the game that when you need help, you will “ping” the minimap, causing a flashing red circle. (Just shift click on the minimap. See more things you can do in the minimap above in my earlier link post.)

I fear many players don’t look at the minimap often…

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

A guide to whining in soloq would be more useful

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

A guide to whining in soloq would be more useful

I think the spvp forum has got that side of things down. It’s the winning that seems to come hard.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

redslion.9675

Read the forum for tips.

Logical.

Write in a topic about tips that you should search the forum for topics about tips.

You just want to watch the world burn, don’t you?XD

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

if u play with me ! u will get a tsip : jianji.de and u get a strategy from me what to do.. where to go/hold and who to focus. i hope they make the soloqueue so that i wont have to play with 5 bunkers.. i hope u can login as a role and that the comp should be 1 bunker 4 roamers or 1 bunker 1 support 3 roamer….

good thing about soloqueue is it will help the community about strategy classes and maybe we see new talented players/lamers

(edited by Ultima.8673)

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Play balanced a d unselfish selft sustainable builds is probably a big one for me. You would want a decent mix of CC, healing, damage and mobility to cover yourself and set up kills.

in that case. Roll clerics ranger w/spider and canine.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

I would see playing a bunker guardian having a high win rate, especially if you can swap to necro when needed.

But really the gamemode means one player doesn’t have a large effect on the outcome and a lot of it will come down to luck. There is no scaling factor based on personal success and objectives never condense to a single place. Without scaling the points earned are static and doesn’t necessarily predispose future success, this gives a single player a direct contribution of 1/5th. Now with scaling the potential contribution of a single player increases beyond the fraction of the roster they make up as small skill advantages procure larger benefits.

Also there is no progression towards a condensed area. A player is never put directly in the path of the outcome, only a piece of the outcome and as such may never play a part in some of the critical fights.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

When you get games like this, try not to rage because it doesn’t do jack kitten.

You will get games like this because anet hasn’t hotfixed there matchmaking yet.

Just do your best and pray for the best.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

if u play with me ! u will get a tsip

I hope this is reportable. When I see someone offer means for voice communication. That’s the whole god kitten point of soloque that there is no advantage of voice chat and EVERYBODY is on a 100% level playground.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

When you get games like this, try not to rage because it doesn’t do jack kitten.

You will get games like this because anet hasn’t hotfixed there matchmaking yet.

Just do your best and pray for the best.

Did you ever realize that matchmaking happens by rating, not ranks? That screenshot is a perfect example of hotjoin hero r30 guys who play like rabbit rankeds. Rabbits almost won.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

you wont need any tips, solo queue will be 30min+++ you quitt game before nerdraging

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

NICE! good job!

also

it will all be about getting a good team

win / loss pretty much only depend on that in soloq

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

So the higher ranked people on the leaderboard will be the people who gave their team a small edge. Over time, they would tend to win a little bit more.

I would expect that the win percentages of everybody on the SoloQ leaderboard would be pretty close. You won’t see any 80% win percentages.

My guess is that the top win rates will be near 62%, but the guy 100 ranks below will still be about 60%.

And even the folks in the bottom 100 will be about 40%.

This is assuming it really is only solo players without voice communications and is truly random team matchmaking with no significant cheating of any kind.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

So the higher ranked people on the leaderboard will be the people who gave their team a small edge. Over time, they would tend to win a little bit more.

I would expect that the win percentages of everybody on the SoloQ leaderboard would be pretty close. You won’t see any 80% win percentages.

My guess is that the top win rates will be near 62%, but the guy 100 ranks below will still be about 60%.

And even the folks in the bottom 100 will be about 40%.

This is assuming it really is only solo players without voice communications and is truly random team matchmaking with no significant cheating of any kind.

Those numbers are low, solo que right now has so much stuff into it like people duo que, premades and such that’s why winning solo que is so low right now. I had a 18.18% win rate one day because of a number of factors that made it extremely difficult if not impossible to win.

Duo que makes a huge kittening difference rather than straight up solo que. I’m glad duo que is out

But if you want to win solo que, this is how you do it, just look at the pic it explains everything.
IMG 1 is how you win SOLO QUE
IMG 2 is how you lose SOLO QUE

A lot of solo que has to deal with luck because GW2 matchmaking system is a joke.

Attachments:

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

UberKK,

My reasoning is that a lot of people will try out the new SoloQ. And matchmaking will initially be pretty good because the matcher programming will have a lot of people in the pool to draw from. As to team composition, there will be a random mix of mostly overpowered 1v1 classes on each team, and always bunkers, but fewer of them.

This will tend to 50% losses, 50% wins. It’s going to be really hard to sustain a high win ration when you are assigned to a team randomly.

And the really clueless players will be assigned to both teams. They will always be there in the match, holding both sides down, balancing the talented players on the same team.

I am going to guess that for each talented player there will be a weak player or two to “carry”.

in PvP

Posted by: Wanbe.3504

Wanbe.3504

mute your chat in advance so you will not get angry from the 10 year old kids spamming. i suggest going offline mode or do not disturb mode while playing so they cant pm you neither.

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

Use simple chat codes:

c = close
m = mid
f = far

Two incoming on close = c2
Close is safe again = cs

Games like LoL use things like that too, so why not GW2? Its hard to see the pings on the minimap when your eyes are in the fight and on the animations of your opponent. Reading the chat is far more easier.

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

being a team player who look at overall map, use communication tool and know where to go is the true road to winning in SoloQ.

also some times there’s some one who like to command other people in the every wrong direction, you have to figure it out if its right to follow his command or not.
and depends on situation, some times even tho the command might be right, you need to look at your team, if no one is responding, then you better keep doing your thing as well…

sure there will be mismatch with lv1s, but it only happens once a while.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Use simple chat codes:

c = close
m = mid
f = far

Two incoming on close = c2
Close is safe again = cs

Games like LoL use things like that too, so why not GW2? Its hard to see the pings on the minimap when your eyes are in the fight and on the animations of your opponent. Reading the chat is far more easier.

Someone should make a thread with a list of commands

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Know the overall strategy for a given map. For example, in Khylo you simply must kill the treb ASAP once the enemy starts using it…if not before.

in PvP

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

I queue with my mace+shield/hammer warrior and tell ppl what to do while marking targets and stunning as many of enemies as I can so my team can burst them down fast while receiving very low damage in the act.

Communication and utility builds are of the most importance.

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Only one rule: don’t even bother. It’s bad enough now, just imagine what it’ll be like with all the promotion about it with the upcomming patch…

There seriously needs to be a skill/knowledge check before you can even venture outside of sPvP and into soloq. Want to do soloq? then you need to show that you understand how to communicate, play a good build, when to rotate/support, what not to do, etc.

Straight-up joining soloq and expecting it to just be sPvP but with less players is a recipe for disaster. Not only will you likely not win(unless you get carried hard), but you will end up getting raged at by players there to win/have a good fight.

in PvP

redslion.9675

Only one rule: don’t even bother. It’s bad enough now, just imagine what it’ll be like with all the promotion about it with the upcomming patch…

There seriously needs to be a skill/knowledge check before you can even venture outside of sPvP and into soloq. Want to do soloq? then you need to show that you understand how to communicate, play a good build, when to rotate/support, what not to do, etc.

Straight-up joining soloq and expecting it to just be sPvP but with less players is a recipe for disaster. Not only will you likely not win(unless you get carried hard), but you will end up getting raged at by players there to win/have a good fight.

Talking about that, I think training grounds outside of the Mists should have some more advanced modes, for more complex situations than “stomp the downed guy”, like trying to ress someone while many are trying to stomp him and so on.

Same thing about the AI sparring partners of all classes. I think more should be added, with builds more similar to the ones you might actually encounter. Let’s take a look at mesmer, for example: he is completely different to the ones you meet in combat, and too easy. He doesn’t spawn clones nor phantasms. I think AI should be reworked on many of them (for example, only the Guardian uses his healing skill).

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Let people bleed out.
If someone dies on a node that you already captured, just let them bleed.
I’m surprised not everyone does this, you really only see good players do this, in the tournament you saw how the top teams made there opponents bleed out and not rush to finish them because they wanted 15 points.

You play to win not for points, make your opponents take forever to respawn and keep them out of game as long as possible.

in PvP

redslion.9675

Let people bleed out.
If someone dies on a node that you already captured, just let them bleed.
I’m surprised not everyone does this, you really only see good players do this, in the tournament you saw how the top teams made there opponents bleed out and not rush to finish them because they wanted 15 points.

You play to win not for points, make your opponents take forever to respawn and keep them out of game as long as possible.

But… but I want to show the enemy my manhood is bigger than his by stomping him… T_T

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Please don’t let them bleed out if you have no map awareness. Just stomp.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: jkough.7316

jkough.7316

what exactly is the purpose of SoloQ?
-better rewards and more strategy.
So that beggs the question, what is the purpose of hotjoin?
-no rewards and no strategy.
Why is there a hotjon at all?
-oh yea so we can duel, why do we duel, so we can figure out who to cry op about(which i enjoy just as much as you).

so now that we have caught up with our-selves just coming out of beta again whats next for spvp? tournaments with no rating probably. then a second hotjoin npc. and even more hp on the target golems

Pancake Boy

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

For people who are dissing Solo Q
TEAMQ —-———————→