Guild Wars?

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Where are “Guild Wars” in Guild Wars 2?
Can’t find them,
there is not even a guild tag shown in the gw2 ladders.
Is there any button, i can challenge other guilds in spvp to show off my guild is the best?
Ps. I want my gold cape!

Any advice or help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

(edited by Bart Weird.9671)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

There is none.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The name comes from a war that happened in the lore centuries before the game takes place.

Still, I agree the name needs more guild features. They’re lacking in every aspect of the game.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

NEVER SEEN THIS THREAD BEFORE

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

We’d like to incorporate guilds into the ladder/season system when we come out with it next year, but nothing is very concrete yet. Personally, I think it would be awesome to look at the ladders and see guilds listed rather than individual players. That said, this could pose issues for more casual players who like to ‘team hop’ or pug about.

I’m probably opening myself up to some interesting suggestions, but imagine you’re in-charge of creating the ladder/season system.

• How would you design it?
  • How would you incentivize teams to stay together?
  • Would you penalize them for splitting?
  • What types of rewards would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder?

Note: I’m talking about futures seasons/ladders, not the current system.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

We’d like to incorporate guilds into the ladder/season system when we come out with it later this year, but nothing is very concrete yet. Personally, I think it would be awesome to look at the ladders and see guilds listed rather than individual players. That said, this could pose issues for more casual players who like to ‘team hop’ or pug about.

I’m probably opening myself up to some interesting suggestions, but imagine you’re in-charge of creating the ladder/season system. How would you design it? What types of rewards would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder?

Mega Secret New Years Update go?

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Good catch. I’m on vacation and losing track of time.

Next year!

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

We’d like to incorporate guilds into the ladder/season system when we come out with it next year, but nothing is very concrete yet. Personally, I think it would be awesome to look at the ladders and see guilds listed rather than individual players. That said, this could pose issues for more casual players who like to ‘team hop’ or pug about.

I’m probably opening myself up to some interesting suggestions, but imagine you’re in-charge of creating the ladder/season system.

GvG needs to be it’s own game type, mixing GvG with tPvP feels like a cop-out for the lack of game modes.

Being no Trinity for PvP, team fights don’t last more than a minute.

The ideal game mode for GvG would have MANY objectives that are easy to understand. Look at PvP games that doesn’t have the Trinity PvP like League of Legends and…

There are plenty of ideas for PvP objectives but good luck finding good ones.
Have fun.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Have it be similar to GW1. You have a team of 5, all 5 must belong to and be repping the same guild. They queue as a team, their positioning in the guild-based team ladder qualifies them for “open” tournaments every so often. Their placement in those open tournaments gains them qualifying points for the closed, big tournaments. A few closed tournaments feeds into the season-end big tournament. This can be done at multiple levels as well (like LoL does), if the playerbase supports it, or you could use the weekly/monthly/yearly system to phase the best teams up and out of the “normal” brackets and into their own higher brackets. So if you qualify into a monthly tournament, you are not competing with my scrub team for rewards, but others like you.

Teams are encouraged to stay together because the guild is what gets you into the big, important events. You aren’t directly punished for splitting up, but a new team = new positioning, so teams who stay together a long time will get the best seeding into the tournaments.

Rewards should include unique skins. If you win a season-end tournament, you should get skins that are impossible to get any other way. Even if you use the base model of a “normal” skin and just spruce it up (like you did for the gem store recently), the winners should be able to join a game with that unique skin, and everyone should know what they won. Obviously include lower rewards as well: skins that can only be gained via weekly and monthly tournaments, and rewards based on division.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Guild leaderboards means pug hopping isn’t an issue, but little penalisation. If a ‘tourney’ guild was limited to 8 players, and your guilds rating was aesthetically visible it would reward players for sticking together

Phaatonn, London UK

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

try to google GvG GW2 you will probably find website that update these stuffs

unfortunately you will have to lv and gear up characters not just make lowbies

BG

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Can’t find them,
Is there any button, i can challenge other guilds in spvp to show off my guild is the best?
Ps. I want my gold cape!

Any advice or help?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Oh I meant team leaderboards… Nm me then!

Phaatonn, London UK

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

If guilds were to be apart of PvP then there should be more ovo elements to a guild. Currently its all over and wvw. Would be even cooler if there was a pvo guild option or a “team” instead of a guild.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Can’t find them,
Ps. I want my gold cape!

Any advice or help?

Guild Wars 2 is so named because it’s the sequel to Guild Wars.

Guild Wars was called such for two (probably related) reasons.

1. Guilds played a much larger role in PvP, particularly in guild battles (“GvG”). Calling the game “Guild Wars” described the central focus of the game’s PvP scene.
  2. A very obscurely mentioned (and practically insignificant) piece of lore was the “Guild Wars,” which ended at the very beginning of the first chapter of the game. It had very little bearing on anything that happened in the story of any part of the games, and if the player never heard of the “Guild Wars” in the game’s lore, nothing would be lost.

Personally, I think the lore was probably written in to justify naming the game for a PvP feature. To support my theory, I postulate that a handful of NPCs mentioning the event is insufficient reason to name the entire franchise after it. Otherwise, they would have named it something like “Chosen,” a term which actually became important in the storyline. Calling it “Guild Wars,” though, meant any RPG fan would know what it was about— one group of players competing against another.

The guild functionality of the first game was very different. Only one guild could be joined at a time, there were no guild buffs, and guild missions hadn’t been invented yet; however, guild battles and guild halls gave us options that are currently nonexistent.

Regardless, the name has been set and can’t easily be changed. Only the game can be changed to fit the name, but that probably isn’t a priority at this time. (It’s encouraging to see Josh’s comment above, though.)

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Pretty sure grouch is just looking for a way to add guild visibility and ability to showcase one’s guild into the existing SPvP, while a full GvG mode is still up in the air or going around the concept table.

Please guys, it’s rare for anyone to just say “Here, design this for us!” He asked specifically about the design of season leaderboard and guild representation within those boards. Let’s keep the discussion of GvG as a gametype elsewhere.

Sorry for the slight derail OP, but I believe a few of us can see where this might be heading

Also: hi Chrono

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Can’t find them,
Ps. I want my gold cape!

Any advice or help?

Guild Wars 2 is so named because it’s the sequel to Guild Wars.

Guild Wars was called such for two (probably related) reasons.

1. Guilds played a much larger role in PvP, particularly in guild battles (“GvG”). Calling the game “Guild Wars” described the central focus of the game’s PvP scene.
  2. A very obscurely mentioned (and practically insignificant) piece of lore was the “Guild Wars,” which ended at the very beginning of the first chapter of the game. It had very little bearing on anything that happened in the story of any part of the games, and if the player never heard of the “Guild Wars” in the game’s lore, nothing would be lost.

Personally, I think the lore was probably written in to justify naming the game for a PvP feature. To support my theory, I postulate that a handful of NPCs mentioning the event is insufficient reason to name the entire franchise after it. Otherwise, they would have named it something like “Chosen,” a term which actually became important in the storyline. Calling it “Guild Wars,” though, meant any RPG fan would know what it was about— one group of players competing against another.

The guild functionality of the first game was very different. Only one guild could be joined at a time, there were no guild buffs, and guild missions hadn’t been invented yet; however, guild battles and guild halls gave us options that are currently nonexistent.

Regardless, the name has been set and can’t easily be changed. Only the game can be changed to fit the name, but that probably isn’t a priority at this time. (It’s encouraging to see Josh’s comment above, though.)

The lore is the entire foundation of the story…and the reason the world exists as it does…

also: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-Where-are-the-Guild-wars/first#post1621260

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Pym.2356

Magnus Pym.2356

Add capes for &?% sake. Gold, Silver and Bronze. Make them cool, make them like you would have to wear them. people are gonna want them for prestige.

That’s how you keep the ’’team’’. Just like in GW1.

And create another title track for guild tournaments. Champion is already taken, so it cannot be a continuation of Guild Wars (1). Legendary Gladiator, Legendary Mercenary, Legendary Avenger, Legendary Ransacker, Legendary Marauder, Legendary Ravager, e.t.c.
Or come up with another that is really cool; Mist Brawler, Mist Destroyer, Mist Obliterator. Along with Season titles. each season (accompanied with a ladder reset) would have it’s own Title for those who finished in the top 50, top 25 and top 5.

If you give titles and backpiece skins, people will want it for good reason. You can merge the backpiece reward with the top (50, 25, 5) reward.

You could hold sponsored yearly tournaments who’d give weapon OR (even better) armor skins to finalists (Gold and Silver) (winner and loser of the final, the loser skin available to the both)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Capes are way too complicated. The amount of technical support required to avoid clipping is not worth it, especially when character models vary so much from race to race.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

If we cannot have capes, at least add something like the tabards that WoW has. Back on topic… anything making this game more “Guild Wars” is good.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

My personal suggestions are the following:

• How would you design it? I would create separate rosters known as Teams. Each team can have 5-10 people (maybe 2-10 later on as 2v2 and 3v3 are added). Each player can be part of 5 different teams. Team Ladders can track each team and its roster. Team MMR or TMMR is calculated per team (has nothing to do with individual stats) so you’re only tracking a team’s progress no matter who is in it.
  • How would you incentivize teams to stay together? With seasonal rewards. Basically design the system so each member of the roster only gets the seasonal reward(s) the team achieved if he/she has played at least 10 (this number can be different) games with the team.
  • Would you penalize them for splitting? Yes, but not directly. If any player is kicked or leaves a team, he would lose all seasonal rewards he achieved with that team.
  • What types of reward would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder? The simplest thing would be to add capes for both ladders at the end of each season. For example, pretend there will be bronze, silver, and gold divisions for both Team and Solo(/Duo please add duo queue. PLEASE) ladders. Add gold, silver, and bronze capes and make the ones you earn from Team Ladders have a gilded border. These capes should be unique and only obtainable through seasonal rewards in SPvP (WvW and PvE can have their own design). Picture for clarity: http://imgur.com/xUZ5DpR. You could also add a number to represent what season it was acquired in or something, you can figure it out.

Let me know what you think!

(edited by Acandis.3250)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Monthly tournament like in GW1, yes please! And make daily automated tournaments too! Just like GW1, this is already so much competition.
Oh and with monthly, dont let everything shoutcast, but put the games on observermodes. Keep shoutcasting for special tournys like ESL or something.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

silly question: Who is Grouch?

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I think a Guild Ladder has to be completely separate to what we have now. Simply because it’s a lot of work to take team arenas and sandwich it into a guild system.

So with a completely different Guild ladder, teams have to sign up as a team. Whether they split up, or change member, that team name is what takes the losses or Wins.

REWARDS and INCENTIVES;
- Unique Weapons designed for each major tournament. Just like Eve online does unique ships that they give away, unique weapons and armour with the tournament insignia on them.

- Gems.

- Unique finite finishers. Only available till the next season.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

make teams max 5 people
and make team can represent a guild

so there can be team leaderbaord seasons and there can be guild leaderboard where guilds can have more than 1 team

but plz let this ZERGvZERG thingie in wvw

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Kenshin.6154

Kenshin.6154

How would you design it? Guild Wars? Separate roster with 5-10 people. You can be part of only 1 team.
How would you incentivize teams to stay together? You need to be member of a team for at least X days and you need to play at least Y matches to get rewards for that teams placement on ladder.
Would you penalize them for splitting? You cannot join another team for 1 week.
What types of rewards would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder? Capes and trims! That’s it, everything else can just be your good will to add, but capes and trims would be enough already.

“Axios!”
Kenshin [Foo] ~ Piken Square
http://www.twitch.tv/pewpewkenshin

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

How would you design it?
- i will call it “random guild arena”

concept:
- all 5 players in the team must represent the same guild
- guild team enters queue
- 30 seconds wave count down
- fights another guild team queued when timer reaches 0
- no match making, truly random, like guild wars 1 random arena
- except teams from the same guild, other teams all random match up
- any 5 person can enter the guild random arena as long as they represent same guild
- both teams will return to pvp lobby upon match end, after grace period
- random game mode (conquest, etc)
- random map

rating:
- all guilds start with 0 GP guild points
- all players start with 0 PP player points
- guild earn GP for wins, player earn PP for wins
- guild loses GP for loses, player loses PP for loses
- a guild can have multiple teams participating at the same time
- a guild’s GP may fluctuate a lot if they have good teams and bad teams
- a guild’s GP may be 0 always if all their teams lost very often
- a guild’s GP may be always rising if their teams keep on winning
- high GP team loses much more GP if they lost to low GP team, vice versa
- high GP team earns much less GP if they beat a low GP team, vice versa
- similar rating gain loses for PP as well
- both GG and PP will decay if guilds do not send teams to participate

How would you incentivize teams to stay together?
- no need for teams to stay together
- everyone in the same guild can represent the guild
- guild with high GG may enjoy extra guild benefits

Would you penalize them for splitting?
- they will lose out on the awesome guild benefits if they leave guild

What types of rewards would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder?
- various guild benefits for guilds with high GG

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

How would you design it: 8v8 10v10 team/guild open field deathmatch(points per kill only) 5mins timer per match(yes 5mins, killing is my profession and killing is my business)

How would you incentivize teams: Gems every end of the month/season (we need more skins in gemstore!, and hopefully animated skill skin in the future and those double,triple,quad kill,in my screen annihilation also via gemstore)

Would you penalize them for splitting: fair enough

What type of rewards would you include for ea division on the ladder: Regional Tournament(sponsored), Continental Tournament(sponsored), International Tournament(sponsored). did i over extend? i don’t think so i just want it to be more competitive and be realistic so i demand the impossible.

PS. we don’t care on those ingame reward.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Imagine you’re in-charge of creating the ladder/season system.

We know a little bit about the upcoming ladder design from John Corpening’s blog post: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

^For those who haven’t seen it. Quote:

“At the end of a season, players will earn PvP-specific rewards both for their ladder standings and for their level of participation. "

I will talk about season end ‘ladder rewards’ and ‘participation rewards’ separately.

Season based. Season duration – 2 months per season, 3 max. Quarterly seasons are very simple to track and would be plenty long enough for players to persevere through RL barriers to playing a healthy amount to place in the proper rungs of the ladder. Enough time must be reserved for teams that break up to reform and re-place on the ladder, as well.

Team based. Similar to how guilds function, I feel striving for a ‘team’ identity, and promoting ‘teams’ would definitely be the way to generate the most interest. Teams are memorable to viewers, and teams are the glue that holds player commitment to each other strong. A TEAM PvP interface tab is ideal, with cool PvP Features: Active Timeline: Events noted in timeline: adding/removing individuals from roster, placement in tournaments, as well as previous seasonal ladder positions. The date, ranking, and event names are included. Active Roster: Roster of 10 slots available for the team. Displays all members based on character that was present when the last tournament match ended. Beside each member of roster, displays profession logo, WINS, LOSS, % of total games played.

In the Roster, a player can take on one of 3 categories: “Captain, Member, or Sub” would be displayed on the roster, as well. Each player is permitted to be a ‘sub’ on up to 3 teams – the player cannot generate end of season ladder rewards from playing as a sub, but can generate participation rewards. This is because often times a casual team will not always be able to get together in a week’s span.

Participation required! No carrying by ‘subs’. To be eligible for rewards at the end of season, a player must have participated in 33% of the team’s games.

This relies heavily on the rewards. The rewards for making an attempt at conquering the ladders must be very sexy, that is obvious. But incentives directly tied in to keeping teams together?

Rewards for consistently playing every week! We can build off of the ‘participation’ rewards for players by increasing the participation reward by 20% each consecutive week that the individual player has participated the minimum amount on that team. Stacks 5 times, to a maximum increase of an 100% increase to participation rewards. Players can only generate this participation buff by playing on their team – playing as a sub generates participation rewards, but not this stacking buff.

Teams would forego the stacking ‘participation’ buff that they had accumulated if they choose to split and play for another team. This should be a big deal, if done correctly. Forming a new Team would be associated with a decent cost, as well. Adding a full member to the team should have a cost associated as well. Replacing someone who didn’t work out should be a minor cost, but one that adds up quickly.

UNIQUE, kitten SKINS!!! Once/if there is something like a properly working ‘wardrobe’ function where aesthetics are universal in all game types, unique, rare skins are going to be all the more important. Armor/Weapon sets, minis, town clothes, everything – top PvP players should be equally decked out as any fractal goer.

UNIQUE, kitten FINISHERS!!! The game still needs to be as de-cluttered and clear as possible, but there are so many possibilities for finishers. They don’t need to remain as a flag to the face, either. Truly, the sky is the limit. Literally – for a Top ladder spot finisher, there could be an account unlocked finisher that literally causes clouds to appear far and wide overhead, and destroy the stomped victim with a flash of direct lightning. Put those artsy arts guys to work, or something.

Titles, based on ladder performance: this is a secondary reward compared to unique skins & finishers, but still very important. Noobs must see the great PvP titles and tremble, etc etc.

That’s all I got! Fo’ now.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Add:
- Do you want to “Continue” with this party? button.
-Vote one member out of your excisting party. button.
-Rewards: don’t reward ranks, reward playtime.
-/resign

cheers

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Fire.7459

Fire.7459

guild wars has become famous for its gvg .. it is very easy to create a ladder for guilds and a championship … this is the real reason to return many players of GW1 behind …. the automatic tournaments are in gw1 been the focus of PVP that made him lived for more than 7 years ….. think this is one of the most important tred never appeared in this forum

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

How would I design it? (10v10)

You can be in any amount of teams/guilds but you can only be registered in one team and guild at a time. Awarded rewards will be based by the registered team. When you register a team, the team’s rating will be reset.

Max 3 registered teams per guild based on guild size. 4 guild team members can substitute players in one match in other guild teams but rewards are based on their own team. Team size is 14 players, teams smaller than 7 players will be removed from the public ladders.

Only players that are registered to a team under a guild can play in the guild’s registered teams.

Make a system that any team can challenge another team for an unranked match. (this would make community tourneys easier)

How would I insentivize teams to stay together?

I think the “you need to be a member for X days and contribute in Y matches to get rewards” format works the best as mentioned above there somewhere. Unique rewards at the end of seasons and big tourneys. Small rewards to everyone who participated during the season for Z matches.

Would I penalize teams from splitting?

Rewards based on the highest registered team’s division you had during the season note, top 3 rewards are only given to teams that are top 3 when the season ends. Players need to wait X days to register in another team after leaving a registered team.

What types of rewards for each division?

Seasonal rewards (annual):
R1. gems, a gold colored back item, title “Season X Legend of <guild tag>”, a shiny golden account bound dye
R2. gems, a silver colored back item, title “Season X Champion of <guild tag>”, a shiny silver account bound dye
R3. gems, a bronze colored back item, title “Season X Hero of <guild tag>”, a shiny bronze account bound dye

The dyes should have some glow effect in them or something.

For everyone except top 3 teams, a back item colored by the division and some gems to higher divisions. The design of the back item would change every season. A unique dye for everyone who participated enough during the season.

Weekly and monthly participation rewards could be implemented to the current daily/monthly achievements system, just keep expanding the things you can buy with laurels or something, unique skins etc.

(edited by DarnDevil IV.2143)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

I definitely agree that the game modes should not be tPvP over again so at least 10v10 why not even 20v20 at least for unranked play.

Game modes I’m thinking are something like siege (attack/defend a castle or guild lord) and clash (arena, once a player dies he/she is out for the round). Clash being the quicker gametype for fast games (under 10 min) and Siege being something like 15 to 25 mins.

Please, no more capping points… I have never liked capping points and that has been the only reason why I don’t play sPvP and tPvP

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

The name comes from a war that happened in the lore centuries before the game takes place.

[needs source]

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

1) The Guild Wars are hardly obscure.

2) You CAN make a sequel to something and make a title that is the same, but with a small difference. Heck, look at most films that have sequels associated with them. Same universe, different story. Its okay, guys.

3) The in-game definition of a Guild is a small-ish group of capable adventurers that generally stick together for one common goal. This is all OVER the freakin’ place in the game. Technically, sPvP, dungeons, and small-scale WvW activity IS Guild Activity.

Now, all that having been said, I do agree that some sort of Guild versus Guild gameplay would be an interesting addition to the game. I just don’t like that everyone treats the dev’s like they’re liars when they clearly aren’t.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Romek.4201

- Teams like mini Guilds 1-10 Players
- Teams can present Guilds (Guild can have more than 1 Team = Guild Ladder)

- Teams should have own Influence System like Guilds. For working on Rewards
- So Players bring Influence to Team with Playing and Win A lot (should be Wins in a row give higher % Influence – capped on 10 wins – reset to 0 when lose)
- Teams can work on Rewards they wanna play for
- Influence Player-bound so Team can kick a Player but lose Influence this Player made

- like the Point before

- Influence System for Team should can work for things like:

• Division 1 (rank 1%-80%)
    - +5 more Rankpoints, Gold, Glory, Magicfind(you guyz said it will be important)
    - Tier 1 Armorset/Weapon Set
  • Division 2 (rank 81%-500)
    - +10 more Rankpoints, Gold, Glory, Magicfind
    - Tier 2 Armorset/Weapon Set
  • Division 3(rank 500 – 1)
    - +15% more Rankpoints, Gold, Glory, Magicfind
    - Tier 3 Armorset/Weapon

Top 100 get
+ gold, Archievement/Title something like like “Hero of the Mists Season 1”
top 20 get
+ gold, Title “Champion of the Mists Season 1” and Bronze star on the name
Top 10 get
+ gold, Title “Elite Champion of the Mists Season 1” and Silver star on the name
Top 3 get
+ gold, Title “Dragon of the Mists Season 1” and Gold Star on the name
Top 1 Get extra a Legendary Chest where can choose the Weapon he want (Accountbound)

- star on name im talking bout the symbol ppl get for world complete^^
- Player get the Top Reward for his position at end of season + ALL Rewards from the positions lower than him

AND

At End per Season rest Influence converted to Gold for all Members in Team

Done

(edited by Romek.4201)

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

make teams max 5 people
and make team can represent a guild

so there can be team leaderbaord seasons and there can be guild leaderboard where guilds can have more than 1 team

but plz let this ZERGvZERG thingie in wvw

Your max has to be 10 for subs, if you limit to 5 it will be really bad and unpopular.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Romek.4201

read the post before you

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Great feedback so far guys! This kind of stuff is really useful for us. I’ll be checking back in daily to catch-up on the posts…In between vacation shenanigans, that is.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

Imo more players should fight than only 5 vs 5. It have to be at least 15 vs 15. Also it have to be connected somehow with guild progression itself.

My idea is:
Guilds can build their own fortress. They can upgrade fortress, build stronger walls, cannons and all kind of defensive stuff. The fortress itself generates some kind of resources (something to upgrade fortress + maybe something usefull for players, like crafting materials that players can gather) every day. Other guilds may try to attack your fortress, but one guild may try to attack only one fortress per week. The event is started the same way as other guild challenges / puzzles etc, opponent is picked up based on the rating of the guilds. When the guild leader is starting the event, the guild who haven’t been attacked this week is picked.
Players of the attacking and defending guilds will see the date and time of attack / defense events.

The whole battlefield may include few objectives.
- Capture the outer wall:
Attacking and defending teams can use siege weapons. The outer wall have weak defense. Easy to capture.
- Capture the inner wall:
Attacking and defending teams can use siege weapons. Inner wall got strong turrets that defending players can operate. These turrets can be upgraded using these guild resources. It’s pretty hard to capture it.
- Kill the guild lord:
Attacking and defending players can no longer use siege weapons. Defending guild have to defend the guild lord (NPC). Guild lord is also protected by some guards or turrets or he is pretty strong himself, so it’s extremely hard to kill him together with 15 other players defending him.

The whole PVP event lasts around 30 minutes – 1 hour. Players can participate in 2 events per week (one attack and one defense).

Attacking guild can capture some part of the defending guild’s resources (the reward depends on how many events they accomplish in the given time, for example:
- Capturing outer wall – 30% of the weekly production of the resources.
- Capturing inner wall – 50%
- Killing guild lord – 60%

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Maybe something like guild achievements, which function pretty much like personal achievements except you work on them with the entire guild.

It’s not original, because it’s seen in World of Kittencraft, but their guild achievement system is actually pretty neat (the guild XP system much less) and relatively simple. It can be integrated into a ladder system, possibly divided by category so you could see how much WvW/sPvP/PvE achievement points a guild has. And like WoK, you could give rewards for certain achievements like minipet unlocks or (minor) guild bonusses.

You’d basically be tracking the guild’s overall proces, not the individual player’s participations should they decide to hop guilds.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Kenshin.6154

Kenshin.6154

Ok ditidi’s please read the questions that were posted. The discussion is not about the game-mode. It’s about the ladder system and the rewards for spvp.
There was a CDI about new game mode already.
And thibash please enlighten me how is that what you wrote different from the current influence system?

“Axios!”
Kenshin [Foo] ~ Piken Square
http://www.twitch.tv/pewpewkenshin

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I say make GvG 15v15 minimum with options to go to 20v20, 30v30, 40v40 and 50v50. Anything smaller would be like watching PvP which is one of the most boring face-slam-on-keyboard things to watch. Make objectives optional as well, add variance to them, i.e. 3 capturable points, 2 escort/ capture the flag, 1 based on total kills etc. per map. Make the biggest GvG map no bigger then 3x the biggest PvP map so there is action around every corner and so guilds wouldn’t have to spend 10 minutes running to find a fight. Do not add too many death by falling damage types, NPCs, siege, unfair terrain advantages (obviously some for both sides) etc. REMOVE sigil stacks, there is no reason for your enemy to have an advantage over you because your other team failed. It destroys fairness, balance, and all those good words. Guild Wars GvG should be about WAR, not 24/7 siegers, solo roamers, PPT people, or anything else not essential to large scale guild battles. The game already has those things covered for the people who care about them. I guarantee GvG has a lot more eSport potential then PvP. Why? Simple, it is a lot more entertaining and engaging to watch and be a part of. That is what draws more people into games. I think you guys have a pretty solid monopoly on the GvG idea, so why not capitalize on it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Fire.7459

Fire.7459

to understand something in this game it takes the team to be composed as it is now in 5vs5 spvp

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

8v8 3 lane Guild Wars. – So many ideas but the main reason is I would love to see games pushed into mini 2v2 3v3 for an intense match with each lane as equally important.

Add the spice: As each match waits to start your team can pick 1 spirit hero to help them (Majority wins vote).

Some examples would be:

Spirit of Balthazar: If the enemy team gains a 150 point lead your team gains a 1 minute fury buff.

Spirit of Dwayna: If your entire team simultaneously dies you are all resurrected with 10% health.

These are just some random examples but think they could be what helps give that ‘on the edge of your seat’ game play and put an end to the massive point gap matches.

1) Simply put; Add guild halls, the first one costing a large amount of gold, or glory etc and additional ones requiring X games won or other missions to unlock as a group.

2) Since you can’t do capes I’m going to suggest a rework of the ‘guild armor’ namely the chest piece. Make it look kitten hot and since every color is already taken up have different color slight ‘glows’ for the edging of the armor. – Furthermore to join the guild wars queue your full team must be repping the same guild. All players that load into a tournament are seen with the guild chest piece on automatically with there current armor runes.

You unlock NPCs in the guild halls that only your account can see. By leaving a guild you lose all of those NPCs and have to start again. If you are kicked from a guild you lose only half of your NPCs.

Aside from this after having to work so hard as a group to build up your guild halls your already being penalized if you split.

Battlefield 4 has a great way of keep casuals and the hardcore highly interested and the great news is you already have the data.

I would like to see rankings from ladders divided into divisions.

I.e. *R1 – R100 (Na + Eu) – Division 1 World Team Arena
*R101 – R500 (Na + Eu) – Division 2 World Team Arena
*R500 – R2000 (Na + Eu) – Division 3 World Team Arena

and so on…

With this even a casual Div 3 looks better than say the current number you get like 82% as an example. And the top players get to see a number 1 which is always nice

You could also use the same method for showing off other things such as

*Division 3 World Kill Death Ratio or

• Division 2 World Ranger Tournaments Won

For the hard core I would like to see a proper tournament style ladder with guild names rather than players.

TLDR – Battlefield 4

IGN: Aussie Archer

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

My personal suggestions are the following:

• How would you design it? I would create separate rosters known as Teams. Each team can have 5-10 people (maybe 2-10 later on as 2v2 and 3v3 are added). Each player can be part of 5 different teams. Team Ladders can track each team and its roster. Team MMR or TMMR is calculated per team (has nothing to do with individual stats) so you’re only tracking a team’s progress no matter who is in it.
  • How would you incentivize teams to stay together? With seasonal rewards. Basically design the system so each member of the roster only gets the seasonal reward(s) the team achieved if he/she has played at least 10 (this number can be different) games with the team.
  • Would you penalize them for splitting? Yes, but not directly. If any player is kicked or leaves a team, he would lose all seasonal rewards he achieved with that team.
  • What types of reward would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder? The simplest thing would be to add capes for both ladders at the end of each season. For example, pretend there will be bronze, silver, and gold divisions for both Team and Solo(/Duo please add duo queue. PLEASE) ladders. Add gold, silver, and bronze capes and make the ones you earn from Team Ladders have a gilded border. These capes should be unique and only obtainable through seasonal rewards in SPvP (WvW and PvE can have their own design). Picture for clarity: http://imgur.com/xUZ5DpR. You could also add a number to represent what season it was acquired in or something, you can figure it out.

Let me know what you think!

It’s a good design imho.

For rewards i’d like to see too:

- unique titles
- unique weapons/armor
- in general unique items/stuff for ladder position.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Bart Weird.9671

Since you directly replied to my thread Josh,
I will take the time to talk about all my thoughts concerning spvp.

How would you design it?

The ladder/season system should display a team not a single person since the format is based on a 5vs5. I think the easiest method to implement this is to post the actual guild name for the team, it’s also easy to just make a guild for a team since you can have more than one. If you think further, it’s important that not anyone of the guild is allowed to start a match which counts for your actual guild rating. The easiest solution would be to have guild officers allowed to launch a match, if you have 5 people in your guild/team you can easily grant everyone this rank, if you have a greater guild, let’s say around 40 people let the officers be responsible of what they are doing.

How would you incentivize teams to stay together?

I think it’s important to have at least 3 of 5 people of your guild to start a match. The possibility to have two guests is important if someone disconnects in a tournament and isn’t able to log back on or if there’s simply not everyone online and you want to start a rated match (reason therefore could be some more points to qualify for an important tournament). Teams would stay together if you bind the seasonal reward to a guild/team. If a person has more than a single guild/team he will only get the rewards for the guild he achieved the highest rewards with.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Bart Weird.9671

Would you penalize them for splitting?

There should be a two weeks time frame you have to stay in one guild to play the tournaments with (note: I’m not talking about rated matches). In the season there are daily / weekly tournaments you have to attend to qualify for the seasonal tournament which happens at the end of each season, to show which is the best guild of the season. After each season the ladder resets aswell to avoid having the same team in the top scoreboard with several names or removing dead guilds/teams from the list. Note there is just one guild/team who is able to take the cup.

What types of rewards would you include for each ‘division’ on the ladder?

Rewards are nice to have but not the primary objective. Gold/gems are no rewards in the form of prestige and aren’t worth to actually play for. A cape with a gold/silver/bronze trim would be more noticeable around the world. Also there are the options with backpieces (possible capes aswell), weapons/armor only obtainable through tournament WINS or for example dyes which have for exp. no real color but effects like clouds/storm/rainbows.

Tiny spvp improvements with high impact

1.There must be a “/resign” function for solo and teamq
If everyone of your team knows the game isn’t winnable anymore and everyone is afk in base just to end it quicker there must be a function to end the match. If someone types /resign there will be no action but if everyone comes to the same agreement and types it in the game should be over.
It’s better to have it this way then punish a group with a leaver and fights 4vs5 for another 8minutes.
2. Also there should be the function to report someone who is afk on purpose for the rest of the match so people who actually abuse the system get their debuff and sorted out for the next match.
(4 penalties and after the 5th taking action sound still fine).
3.A tutorial in the heart of the mist or a sentence at the beginning of each match telling every player not to get rank points for the points he scored! He receives just the same amount of rank points as everyone else in his team at the end of each match. The internal scoreboard and getting points for kills/capturing are misleading for a lot of newcomers. Imagine 4 persons on the same spot to capture a single point cause they want those 10 points for their rankup.
4. The observe mode should only be able to retrospectively display your last match and matches of top teams playing at the current time. You don’t need an observe mode in hotjoin to look at not proper geared teammates you need to observe the top teams and your own errors to get good.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Bart Weird.9671

Spvp structure improvement

1.The soloq ladder should be removed since it’s not representative.
It’s impossible for a single person to carry another four in a capture based mode.
If you for exp. have a 4vs5 the outnumbered team is losing in most cases and
four other random teammates shouldn’t be able to decide the outcome of your actual rating since it’s yours and shouldn’t be affected by others at all.
2.Hotjoin servers should be removed aswell, it’s not necessary to split the community into two pieces, if you have more people in soloq you have quicker matches and also a nice reward with the 450 rank point bonus if you win at the end of a match. The argument hoping in and out of hotjoin if you want to play some matches is just not valid since you only get rankpoints and glory at the end of a match and not after you for exp. killed a person.
At least the servers you are able to rent/host should stay since they provide mode diversity (for exp king of the hill) or allow people to test things out on their private server also they are very good for self initiatives no matter what.

Adjustments

1.Displayed casting times for skills and their name so that they are easilier readable for newcomers and to understand while they play against another profession/race.
2. The possibility to switch skills and select between the weapon sets like with your utility skills, so that you can easily rerange them (for exp. switch shield skill four with five) This also opens for releasing new weapon skills in the future

Long term goals and not as easy to implement

1. Mode diversity (new game modes) based on 5vs5 or tinier groups
(there is no need to go bigger since it’s hard to balance and even harder to form groups, I saw a lot of interesting interaction happening trying out 3vs3 for example)
2. Some sort of serverwide heart of the mists
(maybe even for NA/EU players to play together and form teams)

Thanks for the read, I hope i could give some insight and help.

Guild Wars?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Honestly, I think an almost direct port of the GvG from GW1 would work well…