Guild Wars 2 PvP AUGUST POWER RANKINGS

in PvP

Posted by: Second Syg.7219

Second Syg.7219

GW2 AUGUST POWER RANKINGS
Ratings are based on a wholesome scale that includes but is not limited to: Mechanical Skill, Rotational knowledge and application, Decision making knowledge and application, and one’s ability to effectively communicate in a competitive setting. Inactive players have been excluded from the list. Due to bias issues I (Backpack) will be excluded from the list.

Ratings are calculated by the Gw2 PvP Player Association. Ratings are calculated by a complex algorithm that uses input from 1000s of players.

Guardian:
Naru – 91
Roy – 79
Half – 79
CJ – 76
Luck Slayer – 73

Thief (Power unless specified):
Edison – 90
Free-86
Wang – 86
Vallun- 83
Kronos (Condi) – 82
Steel – 81
Steel (Condi) -80
Zenyus – 76
Primal Strike -71
Olrun – 68
Olrun (condi) – 66

Mesmer:
Zeromis – 94
Caspian – 85
Zorh – 83
Steel – 82
CJ – 81
Kronos – 78
Basic Banjo – 75
Whispering Illusion – 73

Revenant (Power unless specified):
Helio- 89
Hazard – 81
Aditae – 79
Attributions – 77
Heapheus – 77
Spartan – 77
Mur – 76
Olrun (Condi) – 75
Mango – 74
Lora – 72
Kratos – 71
Rev of Boa (Condi) – 68

Elementalist:
Jeff -88
Ryan – 80
Guy E – 75
Scheraz – 70
Eros – 69
Taylor – 68
Mael – 68

Engineer:
Marvin – 90
Jeff – 90
Liderismo – 81
Lycarak – 79
Tab – 77
DropTop -75
Dolten – 73
Frosti – 70

Necro:
Karina – 85
Vallun – 77
Rendes – 75
Liam – 74
Contra – 74

Ranger:
Kraelle – 91
Helio – 84
Spam A or B – 69
Astral – 67

Warrior:
Tarcis – 87
Crysis – 78
Potato – 77
Rosales – 73

(edited by Second Syg.7219)

in PvP

Posted by: Zalpharx.9235

Zalpharx.9235

Fairly accurate.

Top 25 NA S5 Top 10 NA s7

in PvP

Posted by: HalfDevil.7863

HalfDevil.7863

that half guy seems like he should be higher than hazard

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlight.1985

Moonlight.1985

Who even are these people “Spartan” “Hazard” “Spam A or B”? The only good people I recognize are from one of the best NA PvP guild [ZLT] Sicario. Rendys, Potato, and Astral. These people are infinitely better than these other randoms. Also really sad to see A CHEATER FROM THE MONTHLY AT WITH THE HIGHEST RATING.

Resident of Piken Square. Formerly from Darkhaven.

(edited by Moonlight.1985)

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

There are no power ranks especially for those who got banned. Anyone can lose to someone, and anet has still yet to make a competitive pvp style of maps. Being on the top leaderboard for seasons 5-7 and soon 8 is equivalent to who sits front seat on the short bus.

You need a competitive game style (Not dancing in and around circles) before you can have a “Top”

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

There are no power ranks especially for those who got banned. Anyone can lose to someone, and anet has still yet to make a competitive pvp style of maps. Being on the top leaderboard for seasons 5-7 and soon 8 is equivalent to who sits front seat on the short bus.

You need a competitive game style (Not dancing in and around circles) before you can have a “Top”

sadly most classes are Balanced arround these Circles….
take that away and for example necro becomes useless
and mesmers/thiefs become the Kings…

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Didn’t even make the ranger rankings #feelsbadman

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

“These are the same people we have played with and hear in voip”.

Fake list. #5 best gerdien in wurld isn’t on there! …But seriously, what he heck is the “PvP Association” lol. A new side-job Abj has going on?

Agree with Moonlight though. Naru is good in kiting 1v2’s, initial bursts, and surviving in between cooldowns. Long enough for a +1 because Power DH wouldn’t be anything without a +1 Thief. Naru is good with his class but not the best player in game. Sad fact is he wouldn’t be #1 without the Thief boosting him. Now, I don’t mean “boosting” in a dramatic “i payed him” kind of way. I mean that Thief could boost ANY competent player to top 10… which he has.

The top ratings will always go to the Thief/Mesmer. These specific classes, individually, controls the rotation on a map, on a ridiculous level. Their individual decision making speed is quicker than a person can micro manage in comms. It’s just facts.

On that note, rating based on comms too? Everyone has their strategies and communications. But put the top 5 comms leads in the same group and they’ll kill each other. Likewise, you can put the best Thief/X duo on one team and suddenly all their ratings will go up. I doubt “communication rating” is anyway accurate on this list.

I’m not doubting these player’s skill by any means and it’s fine to make a popularity contest list based on high level play performances, but this list really is bias nonsense when getting right down to it.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

WHERE TF IS THERMITE

in PvP

Posted by: fahad.3491

fahad.3491

WHERE IS LORD AERDAN

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

WHERE IS ME

just joking….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

My rev is listed but my thief isn’t o.O………I barely play rev anymore……wat o.O

in PvP

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Hi,

If I pay $400 can I get on this list?

That’s how NA works right?

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Hi,

1+ rofl, this guy understands how the NA top scene operates.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Hi,

Hahahaha this comment is gold ( round of applause)

Also the list is a bit wack, the player base is shrinking terribly.

Thief alone is a bad sign without players like Caed, Muffins and Areoxe on it. ( unless i cant read and missed it)

Lets not put out a serious list of the best players in the game when a big percentage dont play anymore and/ or have been banned from the game.

Season 8 best players are 2-3 legendarys followed by a bunch of players in gold3 /plat 1 even though they really are gold 1 but dont know it since about 5 people are qued at the time with in there skill range.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Hi,

It’s $400 + new IP costs now.

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Hi,

Thief alone is a bad sign without players like Caed, Muffins and Areoxe on it. ( unless i cant read and missed it)

Lets not put out a serious list of the best players in the game when a big percentage dont play anymore and/ or have been banned from the game.

Season 8 best players are 2-3 legendarys followed by a bunch of players in gold3 /plat 1 even though they really are gold 1 but dont know it since about 5 people are qued at the time with in there skill range.

If they don’t play any more or have been banned, then who the f are they? They don’t exist. Why would anyone care who WAS good when talking about season 8?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Hi,

If they don’t play any more or have been banned, then who the f are they? They don’t exist. Why would anyone care who WAS good when talking about season 8?

If we are talking about competitively and you are fighting for a top 250 spot you want it to be legit right?

Like you dont want to be that guy ranked in the top 100 best players in the game and then some old Pro from TOL or WTS 1 and come and crush you with 0 titles. Examples in season 5 Darek or ThatESLGuardian played DH and i saw him a few times and he wrecked me each time.

For example you make top 50. You are now on this Leader Board, the games top 50 leader board and you got a little statue in the game for a tournament win. Anet decides to hold a real tournament and some players come back. These OLD players with top 250 titles come in and wreck you and your team of current top 50 players. It doesnt do much for the community.

If we are talking from a spectator point of view. Its exactly like the Jon Jones thing for MMA. This list shows the current top players in GW2. Thats great, its awesome. Except these are not the new breed of players, they are the old ones who are simply playing.

So we crown a new champ proclaim him the best but then everyone asks who is the best thief. You have to say ohh its NEW PLAYER hes great on theif but he gets a little asterisk.

Why you ask? Because the best player on theif actually plays another game and could easily come back and beat new best theif, poor new player.

So to answer your question in the basic form, do people still care about Jordan? Or Fedor? Tiger Woods? Pele? Tyson/Ali?

Like these dudes dont even compete anymore who are these trash guys? Ohhhh thats right all the players who competed in actual tournaments and won when we had a leader boards actually on the forum.

But hey just my point of view

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

LoL, this is exactly why Gw2 is not a competitive esport. Also if I beat players on this list do I get to be on it

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

FAKE list. Tabarnacos is best necro, engi NA rn no joke 100% serious

Also mango’s rev making power rankings? L O L.

Also I don’t see best power duo Thermite and Mayu so this list is just WRONG! SAD!

Tbh this list is obviously fake when you didn’t even include god tier EG Pvp player FORESTGREEN at all.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

Ratings are calculated by the Gw2 PvP Player Association. Ratings are calculated by a complex algorithm that uses input from 1000s of players.

What? Explain this.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Zenyus.2569

Zenyus.2569

Gw2 PvP player association LUL ok.

not accurate

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Gw2 PvP Player Association.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: LeRoy.3754

LeRoy.3754

I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t take this list seriously.

First of all, the title clearly states that is a ratings list run by the GPA, full title being the Guild Wars 2 PvP Players Association, which is a community driven, Arena net supported project, that was aimed at increasing competition amongst players, and benefitting the game mode.

Obviously, as this is the first power rankings released, it needs some work, on that I think we can all agree, however the algorithm used to calculate ratings is extremely accurate, and draws it’s conclusions from multiple different aspects of the PvP game mode.

As far as the GPA itself is concerned, they have worked on several different tournaments and leagues within the game, and been successful in bringing the PvP community closer and the game mode more enjoyable.

Now in light of recent scandals regarding the NA PvP scene, the GPA did release a statement declaring that they had nothing to do with the AT’s, the buying/selling of any tournaments or rewards in any way, and in fact even barred any of their members from participating in these Automated Tournaments. They are as far from this scandal as they can be, and I am completely assured of their integrity regarding these ratings, as should everyone else.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the Players on this list, you most likely just haven’t been paying attention to the latest developments within the most recent PvP season; now that is no slight towards your person, I completely understand, as I myself have trouble leaving the wonderful and challenging PvE content that this game offers. However, this list is current, and extremely accurate (I refer you again to the extensive algorithm used in this process) and even updates itself regularly to mirror any significant changes to the ratings themselves.

Hopefully everyone can now be on the same page regarding this list, as it only seeks to further the competitive and sportsmanlike nature of the NA PvP scene, in the current year of 2017. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to follow the GPA on twitter!

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t take this list seriously.

First of all, the title clearly states that is a ratings list run by the GPA, full title being the Guild Wars 2 PvP Players Association, which is a community driven, Arena net supported project, that was aimed at increasing competition amongst players, and benefitting the game mode.

Obviously, as this is the first power rankings released, it needs some work, on that I think we can all agree, however the algorithm used to calculate ratings is extremely accurate, and draws it’s conclusions from multiple different aspects of the PvP game mode.

As far as the GPA itself is concerned, they have worked on several different tournaments and leagues within the game, and been successful in bringing the PvP community closer and the game mode more enjoyable.

Now in light of recent scandals regarding the NA PvP scene, the GPA did release a statement declaring that they had nothing to do with the AT’s, the buying/selling of any tournaments or rewards in any way, and in fact even barred any of their members from participating in these Automated Tournaments. They are as far from this scandal as they can be, and I am completely assured of their integrity regarding these ratings, as should everyone else.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the Players on this list, you most likely just haven’t been paying attention to the latest developments within the most recent PvP season; now that is no slight towards your person, I completely understand, as I myself have trouble leaving the wonderful and challenging PvE content that this game offers. However, this list is current, and extremely accurate (I refer you again to the extensive algorithm used in this process) and even updates itself regularly to mirror any significant changes to the ratings themselves.

Hopefully everyone can now be on the same page regarding this list, as it only seeks to further the competitive and sportsmanlike nature of the NA PvP scene, in the current year of 2017. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to follow the GPA on twitter!

Oh….it’s super cereal…can confurm

Attachments:

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

still… I don’t know what is going on…

I tried to google it but… nothing…

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I love these type of lists.

I feel like Half should be higher. Seems good to me.

Mesmer list became invalid when I saw Mime wasn’t on it..

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: huehuehueh.5106

huehuehueh.5106

Its “Do I Spam A Or B” and you did forget Nighthawk who plays as Oedith. The dude even scored 10 points higher than me in last ranked season.

Im top super searie Gw2 PvP Player Association advanced secret algorithm power ranger gentleman

Go, go 69 Power Rangers!
Go, go 69 Power Rangers!
Go, go 69 Power Rangers!
Mighty Morphin 69 Power Rangers!

Go, go 69 Power Rangers!
Go, go 69 Power Rangers!
Go, go 69 Power Rangers!
You Mighty Morphin 69 Power Rangers!

Set controls to outer space now
Flying higher than ever before
69 Rangers (in Space!)

Go, 69 Rangers!
Go, 69 Power Rangers!
Go, 69 Power Rangers!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, 69 Rangers!
Go, 69 Rangers!
Go, 69 Power Rangers, go….in Space!

Only losing points because of spectrum screeching in discord im sure.

To be honest this list just looks like the aut istic greasy rubdown slipped out of rars discord and onto the forums.

QCP Leader

(edited by huehuehueh.5106)

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Hi,

1+ rofl, this guy understands how the NA top scene operates.

What is that ,,NA scene" your talking about?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

I can dig it -

Rev of Boa

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Xtrverz.4069

Xtrverz.4069

A U G U S T N A P V P P O W E R R A N K I N G S

rev/druid
Mini Helio or Kicked from Ash
s5 #76 s6 #10 s7 #2

in PvP

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I not on da list.

#sadness

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

lol this is cute. didn’t know this game still had a competitive pvp following.

in PvP

Posted by: Second Syg.7219

Second Syg.7219

UPDATE: Following a 500-60 loss in the AT, the following players ratings have been adjusted (Please see new values below)

Olrun (Ele) – 4
Zorh – 83
Steel – 79
Kronos – 75

in PvP

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

This is laughable

in PvP

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

lol this is cute. didn’t know this game still had a competitive pvp following.

It really doesn’t except for a few esports kids some of which were the cheaters who got punished like Naru last season for match manipulation among other things. They got off with a slap on the wrist for something that honestly they should have eaten an account ban for.

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

Guild Wars 2 Player Versus Player Player Association??

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Where am I on the mesmer list? FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Posted by: Philkafou.7481

Philkafou.7481

love it how you NA bois take this so seriously

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

UPDATE: Following a 500-60 loss in the AT, the following players ratings have been adjusted (Please see new values below)

Olrun (Ele) – 4
Zorh – 83
Steel – 79
Kronos – 75

UPDATE: Added a new Community Contribution algorithm to the equation, decided by the esports PvP Team Association located in Unicorn Fairy Land.

We added Jebro on the list as Rating 97 because of his Community Contribution and overall Communication skills. We’re pondering a “Weight” addition as well because health is an important factor. Stay tuned!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Xtrverz.4069

Xtrverz.4069

Me backpack :monkey: me play condi thief :monkey: me #3 on leaderboard :monkey:

rev/druid
Mini Helio or Kicked from Ash
s5 #76 s6 #10 s7 #2

in PvP

Posted by: Juidodin.5829

Juidodin.5829

why isnt wintrader #1 metrix not on that list ?