Guild Wars 2 aka Dragon Hunter 2

in PvP

Posted by: nimbus.8490

nimbus.8490

Hi,

Dragon’s Claw -> Daze 1s -> Maw Barrier Duration 6s -> gg wp
Test of Faith -> Daze 1s
Procession of Blades -> Daze 1s

Please Dev Team, at least nerf the duration of that elite to 1s -.- (6 SECONDS PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE).
I already see the new meta, 2guard 2rev, i don’t think this is what you want guyz.

in PvP

Posted by: Exemplar.1479

Exemplar.1479

You literally can use ANY Stability-granting skill and walk right out of it. The senseless calling for nerfs (seriously…an ELITE that only holds for ONE SECOND is your desire???) needs to stop.

Stability. You can walk RIGHT THROUGH IT.

There are all kinds of strengths, but if you have strength of soul the others will follow.
Guardian Greatsword/Symbol Nerf – Please Adjust It.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Haha another one caught in a trap too bad you don’t have dodge or stability

in PvP

nimbus.8490

Ok 2 DH replied, sorry guyz but DH will be nerf, otherwise new meta → 2DH 2rev

Enjoy

in PvP

Exemplar.1479

Of course it will be nerfed. Because people similar to you complain instead of using the game’s mechanics, literally available to every class, to counter these very simple pubstomp techniques. It hasn’t even been two weeks and already everyone is crying for nerfs to things that are easily countered and avoidable by simply not STANDING in traps, dodging, using Stability…

There are all kinds of strengths, but if you have strength of soul the others will follow.

in PvP

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

xD look in ur settings… you can find an instruction on how to dodgeroll or just give urself stability…its not our fault when you don´t feel the need to equip some skill or trait that gives urself stability or invulnerability. One of the things DH was supposed to have is “Battlefield control” they won´t change anything about it..

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

But timing dodges would take skill and learning to be better while calling for nerfs only takes a minute to post on the forums, I find highly amusing that I never see threads that’s start off with, how to I counter X, or what can build x do to win against build y. But the problem is people want to blame others/other builds for being too “OP” instead of admitting they might be wrong or doing something wrong.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Ok 2 DH replied, sorry guyz but DH will be nerf, otherwise new meta -> 2DH 2rev

Enjoy

We did get nerfs so far, in 3 updates every update 1 nerf. But if you are dying now like before than you need to practice more. PVP is not for everyone.

in PvP

InViictuZz.1705

But timing dodges would take skill and learning to be better while calling for nerfs only takes a minute to post on the forums, I find highly amusing that I never see threads that’s start off with, how to I counter X, or what can build x do to win against build y. But the problem is people want to blame others/other builds for being too “OP” instead of admitting they might be wrong or doing something wrong.

you are so right… people don´t want to change their fav build, so instead of finding a way to counter sth and create new builds they scream for nerfs so they don´t have to change anything..

in PvP

nimbus.8490

Exactly, it’s not for kittened meditrap DH. It will be nerf and you will need to learn those ’game’s mechanics’ you like like to mention instead of putting random traps.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

You literally can use ANY Stability-granting skill and walk right out of it. The senseless calling for nerfs (seriously…an ELITE that only holds for ONE SECOND is your desire???) needs to stop.

Stability. You can walk RIGHT THROUGH IT.

Lol, an elite that CCs for a second is terrible amirite? Maybe basilisk venom would like a word with you. Thieves never get cool toys.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

I don’t play DH……. but an elite with 6 secs of Daze is not an Issue, it’s an Elite for crying out loud, with a long CD but instead of you double tapping a movement button you call for a nerf on something not needing it. Your mentality is mind boggling…. I can tell you probably haven’t been playing all that long so it might be hard to grasp but this game rewards and implements an active play style, you are as bad as People who QQ about Condi damage but don’t slot a condi cleanse…… you have 2 highly available options to learn to deal with this trap, learn DH animations and time dodges accordingly, or two slot a stability granting skill, which all classes have…

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

You can’t dodge out of it, I believe. Can’t even stun-break (e.g. “Lightning Reflexes”, tho I’m not sure if it’s possible to blink out of it)

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Beepboopbop, Basilisk venom is on a 45 sec Cd and gives 2 charges of it. It works pretty well especially as a quick interrupt and to stall up players, now that being said if thief wasn’t in a crappy position it would shine better like it did pre June 23rd, how I miss those days.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ski cask, if you Stab you can dodge out of it. And if you dodge through say when you see the DH use the skill through the animation.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

You can’t dodge out of it, I believe. Can’t even stun-break (e.g. “Lightning Reflexes”, tho I’m not sure if it’s possible to blink out of it)

Exactly.

I like DH, in fact I love DH. It is one of the best, most well thought out and synergistic classes/builds in the game. Many of the new specializations are like that, really well done. The trouble is they are so much better than much of the regular specializations.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Maw can be stun broken out of and stability prevents the barrier from holding you. Daze prevents the use of abilities (except stunbreaks) but you can still dodge.

If you can’t bring stunbreaks or stability, simply choose not to engage a DH since you’re clearly not equipped for it.

in PvP

Miles Smiles.8951

Ski cask, if you Stab you can dodge out of it. And if you dodge through say when you see the DH use the skill through the animation.

You mean stabbing through Dragon’s Maw like you stab through the Entagle’s roots? It works like that??

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Half of you you nubs come talking all this good stuff about learning how to play when you don’t even understand the mechanics of your own trap. Maw can not be dodged out of. You must dodge before it clamps or else you are stuck inside of it. Rangers for instance cannot even use Lightning Reflexes(stunbreak with movement evade) to get out of the trap. All of our active defenses are movement based which cannot be used inside it.

To address the stab: oh wow that’s a great idea, too bad once again Rangers for instance don’t have instastab or a tele. Your only option is to either have SoTW on your bar which is unlikely in most builds or to pop SotP, both of which skills are 1s cast time. And if you manage to do either of those then hopefully you don’t get rupted or die by the time you are able to cast them and get out.

If you want to tell people to l2dodge or something you should at least know what you’re talking about and recommend things like telling people they absolutely have to dodge before Maw clamps and to look for things like getting dazed right before a trap will activate.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in PvP

Miles Smiles.8951

Maw can be stun broken out of and stability prevents the barrier from holding you.

So the “Maw” works just like the hammer skill 5 (“ring of warding” or whatsit), right? And I couldnt stunbreak out of that “Maw” via “Lightning Reflexes”, that’s for sure.

in PvP

InViictuZz.1705

dodging dragons maw is easy, you have quite some time before the maw “closes” the moment u see the teeths just dodgeroll… there are tutorials on how to counter traps…

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

dodging dragons maw is easy, you have quite some time before the maw “closes” the moment u see the teeths just dodgeroll… there are tutorials on how to counter traps…

Ppl don’t want to watch videos, they whine instead. DH who uses dragons maw is kill or die scenario. He have no survivability what RF offers.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ski Cask, with this I’m talking about before the full effect triggers since one it has a cast animation when they set the trap and two it has an activation animation before the effect is fully activated both of those give more than enough time to say dodge through/out or to Stab up. If you get caught in it after both of those very obvious animations that’s your own fault.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

This is reminding me of turret engineer all over again. A spec that focuses on positioning and placing their damage in a specific location. Lacks mobility, and can be easily focused from range.

I really found turret engineer fine back in the day. And I think the nerfs to them were too extreme (see how they do not exist in any match anymore). I really hope they don’t get rid of trap dragonhunters. I agree that they have some strengths that aren’t always easy to deal with, but they also have weaknesses. I think they are balanced. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t even have a guardian on my account. I found the playstyle crippling on BW3, I’m not a fan of the design and felt weak as a DH. Fighting them so far has been fairly easy, minus a few slip-ups. I also like that I can use my allies traps as cover from enemy thieves and mesmers. I think it made a great addition to the game for those that want to play a direct damage trapper.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

So what would you guys say about giving ranger traps daze, stability, blind, swiftness, vulnerability, stun break, instant cast, revealed, protection, fury, slow, and might, bump up the damage 50%, and give shortbow a knockback proc every 10 secs and change shortbow 5 to a 1200 range unblockable pull?

Should be ok right since its so easy to deal with traps and all.

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

“Just use stability to counter traps” yeah sure but do you realize how overpowered a skill is if its only counter is stability?
People need to save their stability for stomping/ressing, not to avoid OP instant death traps on 30sec CDs.
DH traps basically remove our ability to stomp/rezz, not only is that blatantly overpowered it’s also game breaking.

Traps should either do huge damage OR strong CC…not both.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Looks at ranged attacks

Looks at DH on point and knows traps are set

Runs onto point, dies

Cries on forum for nerf to DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Normally I don’t promote my own video’s but I highly recommend watching this. It goes over exactly how to fight DH’s traps and long bow pretty handily.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

“Just use stability to counter traps” yeah sure but do you realize how overpowered a skill is if its only counter is stability?
People need to save their stability for stomping/ressing, not to avoid OP instant death traps on 30sec CDs.
DH traps basically remove our ability to stomp/rezz, not only is that blatantly overpowered it’s also game breaking.

Let’s see what’s wrong with most of what you say. One the only counter is not stability, you can dodge through it causing it to activate and being useless, it’s hardly insta death if you get caught in it, people shouldn’t be saving Stab for only stomp/rez it should be used when most effective, which means to counter CC….., oh and it’s not a 30 sec CD it’s 75 Secs, all on top of a very obvious casting Animation and a highly visible activiaton animation. Both of which provide you with time to a) dodge through the trap. b) activate Stability. and c) getting away from it while it’s being cast, also known as positioning. If you get caught in it generally boils down to being outplayed.

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

idk about you, but i found out that dh is actually weak against other ranged classes like long bow/ gs ranger. Warrior is also another good contender since they can use endure pain to waste 3 of their trap utilities bar. p/p thief maybe if you can ambush them.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Let’s see what’s wrong with most of what you say. One the only counter is not stability, you can dodge through it causing it to activate and being useless, it’s hardly insta death if you get caught in it, people shouldn’t be saving Stab for only stomp/rez it should be used when most effective, which means to counter CC….., oh and it’s not a 30 sec CD it’s 75 Secs, all on top of a very obvious casting Animation and a highly visible activiaton animation. Both of which provide you with time to a) dodge through the trap. b) activate Stability. and c) getting away from it while it’s being cast, also known as positioning. If you get caught in it generally boils down to being outplayed.

You do realize it has the exact same animation as any trap in the game of a simple hand down motion for .5 seconds right? If you somehow see it being placed what if it was actually Procession of Blades or Light’s Judgment with the exact same animation, what if they Judge’s mid cast?

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

You do realize it has the exact same animation as any trap in the game of a simple hand down motion for .5 seconds right? If you somehow see it being placed what if it was actually Procession of Blades or Light’s Judgment with the exact same animation, what if they Judge’s mid cast?

You do realize, that if you notice them casting a trap the best way to render it useless is to dodge through it, since that’s why they give most skills casting animations, to properly time dodges….. now if you do get caught you can clearly see the maw close and before it does you pop Stability to render it useless.

Your response just asks for me to say L2p since that’s your issue…..

in PvP

glaphen.5230

You do realize, that if you notice them casting a trap the best way to render it useless is to dodge through it, since that’s why they give most skills casting animations, to properly time dodges….. now if you do get caught you can clearly see the maw close and before it does you pop Stability to render it useless.

Your response just asks for me to say L2p since that’s your issue…..

Nice job ignoring everything I wrote.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

No I addressed it, let’s see same casting animation, so same casting animation, which is simple if he’s laying a trap he’s doing it for his benefit/damage you, or cc you. Now if you dodge through it oh what you eliminated the threat no matter what it was, and if it happens to be Dragon’s Maw even better. Since you know you have two dodges…. and shouldn’t be wasting Stability on anything like that since CD and all, now if you know for certain it’s Dragon’s Maw then you pop Stability since no other trap comes close to same activation animation….. so it looks like I answered your concerns twice. But hey not everyone is great at reading comprehension. Since I never said pop Stab on the casting animation.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

No I addressed it, let’s see same casting animation, so same casting animation, which is simple if he’s laying a trap he’s doing it for his benefit/damage you, or cc you. Now if you dodge through it oh what you eliminated the threat no matter what it was, and if it happens to be Dragon’s Maw even better. Since you know you have two dodges…. and shouldn’t be wasting Stability on anything like that since CD and all, now if you know for certain it’s Dragon’s Maw then you pop Stability since no other trap comes close to same activation animation….. so it looks like I answered your concerns twice. But hey not everyone is great at reading comprehension. Since I never said pop Stab on the casting animation.

What’s the point of dodging Light’s Judgment or Procession of Blades, even if you dodge the effect is still on the ground. Stability is something pre placed to stop stuns, it’s not a stun break that’s kept till after the CC is hit. You are also implying every class and build has stability or a teleport.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

LOL 1 sec elite duration? LMAO……
Still laughing…..

L2P or rather L2Dodge

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Every class does have stability, now some have varying degrees of stability and access but every class does have it… and I never said anything about teleports.. so…

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

And you clearly don’t understand positioning, hmm “even if you dodge the effect is still on the ground.”, let’s see to answer this.. don’t stand in the trap after you dodge through it….. so yeah about that.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Every class does have stability, now some have varying degrees of stability and access but every class does have it… and I never said anything about teleports.. so…

Engineers don’t have any reliable stability or teleports unless they are a Flamethrower build. What do? Also how about Rangers, they only have it on skills with a 1 second cast time and they can’t dodge CC in there.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Really, let’s see off the top of my head engi have Elixir B/ Toss Elixir B, they have Elixir X and you said they gain Stability from the trait with Flame thrower. So your point is invalid. Thats 2 skills and a trait which, which if you said thief you would have had a better argument…. since they reliably have only DS. Gg you know there’s a thing called making a build that is useful to you, if DH is so hard for you or cc is so hard for you to deal with you use the skills provided…

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Really, let’s see off the top of my head engi have Elixir B/ Toss Elixir B, they have Elixir X and you said they gain Stability from the trait with Flame thrower. So your point is invalid. Thats 2 skills and a trait which, which if you said thief you would have had a better argument…. since they reliably have only DS. Gg you know there’s a thing called making a build that is useful to you, if DH is so hard for you or cc is so hard for you to deal with you use the skills provided…

Elixir X has a 1 second cast time, elixir b isn’t very good and also has a cast time, DH has a ton of CC other than the trap and you cannot dodge inside there. I knew you wouldn’t even mention S which is why I brought up Engineer, L2P.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Let’s see a one sec cast time oh my did you forget you can dodge out of the trap before the jaws close on you or are you disregarding that once you stand in the trap if you don’t have Stab on by the time jaws close you are screwed. This is where you need to l2p and l2 position. All of your arguments are invalid, and I don’t play engi never have since the play style never called to me. But elixir s doesn’t provide stability, it provides invulnerability two different things. So gg and again I never mentioned teleports. Your reading comprehension still lacks like your positioning skills debate wise and ingame.

in PvP

Exemplar.1479

You do realize there are NUMEROUS skills in this game where the only counter is dodge or Stability?

People need to use Stability for more than just TWO scenarios (stomps/rez). If they use Stability when it could prevent a Stun or a critical CC, they might find they have less issues dealing with easily avoidable traps. Stability is LITERALLY designed to COUNTER CC. Use it.

An ELITE trap SHOULD deal damage and provide CC. NONE of the other DH traps provide hard CC, only soft (Cripple, Blind). There’s no complaint to be had here. There’s an issue with people refusing to adjust their playstyle.

Guardian has next to no hard CC in their kit. Now that they finally have a hard CC skill, people are complaining out the wazoo, when there are multiple ways to avoid and counter a STATIONARY trap. Every class has universal access to dodge, access to Stability and Invuln/Teleport, and is fully capable of dealing with the very limited CC the Guardian (finally) gains by going DH.

For once, people can’t just walk away from a Guard, with the Guardian too slow to chase and too incapable of punishing them for leaving/keeping their foe engaged…except that you still literally simply walk away if you use Stability or Dodge. Traps aren’t “OP”. People are just dumb.

(edited by Exemplar.1479)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Let’s see a one sec cast time oh my did you forget you can dodge out of the trap before the jaws close on you or are you disregarding that once you stand in the trap if you don’t have Stab on by the time jaws close you are screwed. This is where you need to l2p and l2 position. All of your arguments are invalid, and I don’t play engi never have since the play style never called to me. But elixir s doesn’t provide stability, it provides invulnerability two different things. So gg and again I never mentioned teleports. Your reading comprehension still lacks like your positioning skills debate wise and ingame.

I asked what you do as an Engineer, Elixir S is the only possible way to survive the trap without being Flamethrower build. As I said the trap has the exact same animation as two other traps that aren’t worth dodging, you aren’t reading an animation from a 1.2k range Judge’s that is already casting the trap. Also in my edit I mentioned Rangers too, how do they survive? They literally can’t without http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Anguish if they even took it and it was up.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

You do realize there are NUMEROUS skills in this game where the only counter is dodge or Stability?

People need to use Stability for more than just TWO scenarios (stomps/rez). If they use Stability when it could prevent a Stun or a critical CC, they might find they have less issues dealing with easily avoidable traps.

An ELITE trap SHOULD deal damage and provide CC. NONE of the other DH traps provide hard CC, only soft (Cripple, Blind). There’s no complaint to be had here. There’s an issue with people refusing to adjust their playstyle.

And then they got LB5, any LB attack at close range with grandmaster and Justice pull to also CC you from just DH.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

I asked what you do as an Engineer, Elixir S is the only possible way to survive the trap without being Flamethrower build. As I said the trap has the exact same animation as two other traps that aren’t worth dodging, you aren’t reading an animation from a 1.2k range Judge’s that is already casting the trap. Also in my edit I mentioned Rangers too, how do they survive? They literally can’t without http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Anguish if they even took it and it was up.

So your saying popping a lower CD utility skill to counter an elite is so horrible. I think you are under the impression that all builds should be able to counter all builds. And again if you see a DH casting a trap why wouldn’t you dodge through it?? There’s roughly a 33.33% chance it’s Dragon’s Maw, and if they do JI you can still dodge out of the trap before the Jaws close on you or are you ignoring that part. I don’t even play DH and I know you can dodge out of the DM before the jaws close. And on the ranger thing I never saw the edit so I never said anything against it.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

So your saying popping a lower CD utility skill to counter an elite is so horrible. I think you are under the impression that all classes should be able to counter all classes. And again if you see a DH casting a trap why wouldn’t you dodge through it?? There’s roughly a 33.33% chance it’s Dragon’s Maw, and if they do JI you can still dodge out of the trap before the Jaws close on you or are you ignoring that part. I don’t even play DH and I know you can dodge out of the DM before the jaws close. And on the ranger thing I never saw the edit so I never said anything against it.

Lol 33.33% chance on your 2 dodges. Yes you might be able to dodge the closing jaws but I don’t really know because the trap animation is invisible to me 90% of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Looks at ranged attacks

Looks at DH on point and knows traps are set

Runs onto point, dies

Cries on forum for nerf to DH.

OP is the same guy who threw out the words “tank”. Freudian slip, I think he comes from a different game considering his post count.

He is right about 1 thing though, a lot of newer players especially thieves, can’t handle DH in solo pvp. Yet, you can outplay them just as easily in any 1v1 fight. SoloQ are lacking experience players, coordination and team compositions.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Lol 33.33% chance on your 2 dodges. Yes you might be able to dodge the closing jaws but I don’t really know because the trap animation is invisible to me 90% of the time.

Why is Dragons Maw animation invisible to you but visible to EVERYONE else?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Why is Dragons Maw animation invisible to you but visible to EVERYONE else?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/DragonH-Barrier-cant-be-seen/first#post5693249
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Fix-invisible-dragonhunter-knockdowns/first#post5692461