Guild Wars 2 is bad.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: raw.6857

raw.6857

SHOCKER!

With the realisation that GW2 is terrible slowly creeping in on many people, I feel the need to contribute my share to the onset of the storm.
Now I won’t be writing a long winding essay here and rip apart why GW2 is bad on the microscopic level. People more intelligent and versed than me have done that and will continue to do that and post that here and across the rest of the intertubes.

Because I am an evil man I measure the value of things on their merit to exist. Why does this game exist? I am not going to answer that question here, you should meditate that question with yourself, especially so if you are an A.net employee.

However, to help you answer that question for yourself, lets go back in time, the year is ca. 2007. The competitive PvP scene in GW1 is dieing the excruciating death of mismanagement and neglect. It’s the time when A.net first annouced they were working on the successor to GW1. In the following months and years PvP is literallykittenseveral times, because A.net decided it was a good idea to experiment with PvP, to see what works best for the successor – at least so we were told. A noble goal.?

Fast forward to early 2012. Guild Wars 2 is finalized and soon to be released. From the many diverse PvP modes (GvG, AH, AB, RA, TA etc.), after years and years of violating Guild Wars 1 in the name of finding “what is right”, one lone survivor climbs the top of the collective A.net Desk Of Design. Years of experience and willful mutilation – sorry, experiments – condense in the ultimate solution to All Things PvP in GW2: A 08/15 Alliance Battles blend that is just as bad and trivial as it was in GW1.

This is
pretty.
kitten.
sad.

Ground Zero.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

I’m sorry I find your post hard to understand…I don’t really know what to answer. Could you make a short concise statement of what you mean?

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

raw.6857

I’m sorry I find your post hard to understand…I don’t really know what to answer. Could you make a short concise statement of what you mean?

I was being intentionally vague, however if there is one concise point I made it’s “After all these years of GW1 PvP all I get is this lousy AB”. T-Shirt imprint.

I think it’s the most fundamental question to consider, we know A.net can do better but they deliberately chose not to. After all is said and done they were more concerned with releasing another World of Warcraft Expansion than actually pursuing their own IP.

(edited by raw.6857)

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

why compare AB to Conquest? Don’t you even know that the profession mechanics also changed?

yes, your 3 2 1 spike build doesn’t work. it’s not your old boring deathmatch where you can kill the guild lord and /resign. i’m not forced to grouping myself to 8 people anymore. small scale fights count a lot. you need to be skilled 1 vs 1. in Guild Wars 1, 1vs1 is non existent.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

They have designed abilities based on GW1 but the mechanics are different than in GW1. Since they made a new game with different mechanics, I think they can’t implement similar pvp modes right away. They have no metrics that can give a clue about class balance. Once the game is a little older, they will have a better idea of where the class balance stands and will be able to tweak classes. Once the classes are tweaked they will be able to release more pvp games, which will lead to even more data that they can use to keep trying to balance all the classes.
I don’t think I would have wanted another GW1 expansion. I really like the game we actually have now and it has tons of potential. If they stay true to tweaking and improving it constantly, then we will end up with a really good game. It will just take some patience.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaniro.7809

Kaniro.7809

I hate GW2 hotjoin pvp.
I’ve never liked WvW iterations.
I like GW2 pve & dungeons.
I like GW2 crafting.
I like GW2 tourneys, although wish they were going to be ranked/laddered/paid soon.

ymmv, and the OP’s has. Not “good riddance” and “see ya” and crap like that, it’s more I’m sorry you spent 60 bucks and didn’t find it fun. I hope you do have fun in whatever you do elsewhere, or if you continue to play here, that it gets better for you.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

raw.6857

why compare AB to Conquest? Don’t you even know that the profession mechanics also changed?

Yes, and that is precisely the point I am making here. The reason conquest “made the cut” of all the other things they could potentially have done, is because the mechanics are utterly flawed. It is probably impossible to implement GvG with the core mechanics of GW2.

The meeting on this issue must’ve been something along these lines:

>> “Finally, we made a new World of Warcraft Expansion! Good job everyone!”
> “But boss, the core game mechanics are now utterly incompatible with any form of comeptitive play!”
>> “Bah, Just put Alliance Battles in. Teen Girls love Alliance Battles!”
> “Brilliant! How does he get these ideas!”
> “That’s why he is our boss!”

yes, your 3 2 1 spike build doesn’t work. it’s not your old boring deathmatch where you can kill the guild lord and /resign. i’m not forced to grouping myself to 8 people anymore. small scale fights count a lot. you need to be skilled 1 vs 1. in Guild Wars 1, 1vs1 is non existent.

I am sorry that you never understood GW1 but that doesn’t not automatically allow you to post nonsense.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

it is you who is posting nonsense since you already know and we do that guild wars 2 and guild wars 1 are completely different games.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

raw.6857

I hate GW2 hotjoin pvp.
I’ve never liked WvW iterations.
I like GW2 pve & dungeons.
I like GW2 crafting.
I like GW2 tourneys, although wish they were going to be ranked/laddered/paid soon.

There is a reason I post this in the sPvP section and not the PvE section, you know. PvE is traditionally borderlinekitten in the GW franchise and quite frankly, I don’t care one bit what the whiney neckbeards spend their time with.

Guild Wars 2 is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

This thread is not providing meaningful feedback, please remember to stay constructive on the forums.

Thank you.