Guild Wars 2 without the Guild..

in PvP

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

So… has there been any word, and are we going to see GvG in Guild Wars 2? I miss a lot of the old vibe GW1 settings and wondering if we’ll see or has been any talk about it, while I see we do have 5v5 tournaments and a leaderboard to showcase the top teams plus spectator mode in hotjoins it’s still lacking..
Guild Halls
8v8 capture the flag/guild lord
Spectator tournaments which are intense and fun to watch like in gw1 unlike hotjoins of unskilled players.
Guild capes (which I assume will never come in this game due to all the backpacks etc.)

The games been out a year… while a lot of changes and improvements have came over the year, it’s getting abit redicilous and I’m stunned this wasn’t in the game during launch, key parts of the game that made Guild Wars simply that… Guild Wars.

in PvP

Posted by: Tron.7639

Tron.7639

I talked about this in other posts and I have to agree, the sense of “Guild” doesnt exist in sPvP.
I miss the Guild Lord and thats why i think Foefire is the best Map in the game, though i actually think killing it should grant victory just like GW1, though they have to balance the current difficulty of killing him.

Also Guild Ladder, there is none. team ladder is individual and thats a shame.

There should also be a spectator just High Level Solo Q and Team Q just like the one we had in GW1.

Not sure about 8vs8, i think GW2 is centered around 5vs5 and i dont have a problem with that. Getting 8 players together in GW1 was a pain and i agree with the decision to make it 5vs5, especially since there are no Monks.

But mainly, and i cant say this enough, we need Daily/Weekly/Yearly Automated Tournaments, and thats what i REALLY miss.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Guild could be meaningful if they would add something guild related, like GvG.

But the GvG name is being disgraced by zergs atm and seems like GvG will be the name of ZvZ (zerg vs zerg). Sad.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

You know, that “Guild Wars” refers to lore, not to PvP or guilds made by players… right?

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

You know, that “Guild Wars” refers to lore, not to PvP or guilds made by players… right?

Since they coulndn’t come up with better names for a war between different races.
I guess race wars wasn’t that good of a name ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Dagins.5163

Guild Wars is about three human kingdoms fighting each other (Ascalon, Orr and Kryta), not betwen different races. But in GW2 two of these kingdoms are already destroyed, so the game’s name is more like historical.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

The lore was added to justify the pvp mode and game name, not the other way around.

in PvP

Dagins.5163

@milo
Nonsense. In any true RPG game like GW, lore is in the first place..

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Tron.7639

Tron.7639

GvG is a reference to the competitive PvP that existed in GW1.

Regrettably ANet decided to slash the GvG concept from GW2 and instead came up with sPvP, a concept where individuals from one team fight with individuals from another team…

Also, who cares about lore, this is a PvP subforum.