Guild Wars, we loved you, and we miss you.

in PvP

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

Agree fully.

The game needs:

1) GUILD HALLS – to make having a guild actually meaningful..also this would negate the need for custom games as u could just invite people for Guild battles from 1 vs 1 to 8 vs 8.
2) HEROES ASCENT – if it’s not broken don’t fix it, getting to the Hall of Heroes and holding it for hours upon hours is so much better than Tournaments. It actually mattered the whole game world would see that it was your guild dominating.
3) /RANK – bring it back when I /rank I want to see my Wolf. I should be allowed to stroke my ego and create a wolf any time i wish not just for stomps.
4) There’s a lot more but I’m tired…

P.S. I love GW2 as a game but some things have been changed needlessly, also nerf Guardian Bunkers please

in PvP

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

not tired any more lool.
5) More game modes we need Team Deathmatch type maps with priests like in GW1, we need King of the Hill maps. we need the HALL OF HEROES.

The reason we need all this is because we PVPers need a reason to play, we need progression we need to feel like we are going somewhere, we’re a sad bunch but feed our egos and we’ll keep your game alive for years and years

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I think most of you guys are totally high on nostalgia. I bought GW1 at launch got to 20 first week and played for like a month before giving up to go back to DOTA.

GW1 was interesting but pretty crappy at launch. No one had any organization and there was only the HoH if I remember right.

Stop pretending that because after a month and a half this doesnt live up to nostalgia fueled memories of a game that was developed over 6 years IN ADDITION to development before launch (because some of you like to pretend that pre-launch development only counts for this game).

Could this game be better? Yes
Will it get better like GW1 did? Absolutely

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I had nostalgia before I even played for an hour in gw2 beta!

My class oh god my class, the formats, oh god what have they done here.

A huge part of mesmer was a psychic theme (Distraction, instability, +more, getting to know the enemies play style better than you know your own), and that is long gone, along with the formats.

I hear gvg is in the works but that could just be he say she say.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in PvP

Posted by: Savoritias.8194

Savoritias.8194

I don’t know if the other sections of the first game were better that the second game but the story was far more epic the GW2. I wonder what the expansion will add.

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

I think most of you guys are totally high on nostalgia. I bought GW1 at launch got to 20 first week and played for like a month before giving up to go back to DOTA.

GW1 was interesting but pretty crappy at launch. No one had any organization and there was only the HoH if I remember right.

Stop pretending that because after a month and a half this doesnt live up to nostalgia fueled memories of a game that was developed over 6 years IN ADDITION to development before launch (because some of you like to pretend that pre-launch development only counts for this game).

Could this game be better? Yes
Will it get better like GW1 did? Absolutely

I desperately hate this argument. First of all, guildwars had GvG immediately. Even in beta, it existed. You had to buy a cape and a guildhall first. The cape cost about 2k if I recall and the guild hall cost in excess of 100k or a lucky win in HoH. The game they offered to us at release was in fact 100% of what they promised. They promised a game that would have instanced pve, a good story line, no gear requirements, and pvp that was played alongside of the pve.

You could do arenas at level 10. To get out of pre-searing you did a pvp match. Your next arena was at 15 and then at 18 for RA. HoH winners determined which region could use toa. Not to mention HoH was about the only way you could progress into GvG without having to spend a lot of time to get a lot of money.

Point being, they didn’t release a game with a promise and then not live up to it.

Further, they spent a massive amount of time (hopefully) LEARNING from gw1. Why is it that after all that time we end up with a game that is BEHIND it?

in PvP

Posted by: Seis.4091

Seis.4091

All Gw1Pvp vet knows that they won’t be able to experience the same things as they did in GW1. No matter how long you will wait, Gw2 will always be a different on so much points.

We bought the game with the hope to experience something similar to Gw1. At least there is more difference than common points between both Pvp. It’s not just about lake of mode, or whatever. There’s a whole kind of “spirit” which is gone with Gw2Pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Reve.3578

Reve.3578

Every movement was magic, every swing of your weapon meant something, everything was calculated, like a match of chess, where your ability to predict your enemy was crucial.

i literally loled.

OMG i thought I was the only one. I laughed at work while reading this garbage. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

(edited by Reve.3578)

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Every movement was magic, every swing of your weapon meant something, everything was calculated, like a match of chess, where your ability to predict your enemy was crucial.

i literally loled.

OMG i thought I was the only one. I laughed at work while reading this garbage. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

he said “Like everything is calculated”

and i was like “Like 3-2-1 spike.” yeah you base your calculation on that 3-2-1.