in PvP

Posted by: Breakin.2409

Breakin.2409

10/10 would read again

Guru-State of the Game is a joke

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I wish there was a way to subscribe to this thread and it send texts to my phone whenever someone posts.
Best.Thread. Ever.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Euros are definitely way better and innovative in pvp than americans. Nothing new there. I played on both sides and I can confirm that.

in PvP

Posted by: Maze.5283

Maze.5283

For the EU guys that are in here supporting the OP, how about you grab your team and come play with us? You run your mouths too much. Quit giving off the excuse that “paids don’t pop NA”. If you want to keep talking, grab your sack and prove your worth over here. Scrubs.

Now, this Ace of Spades guy (whoever he is) isn’t known… I had no idea who Super Squad was until today. As a matter of fact, I didn’t know 90% of the people in the last SOTG but that didn’t bother me. I knew that whoever was hosting it did their homework and tried to pick up some great candidates for it. I listened to it, and enjoyed it.

What IS the meta, EU players? Do you sincerely think you set the standard? Arrogance.

Just a few lines I’d like to respond to;

Hey come on, you’re going to be on TV tomorrow and your out here calling people Scrubs, you’re meant to be representing NA’s opinion on the meta dude, set an example.

Anyway, some of the people your play among (won’t name names) have agreed in the past that the EU meta is superior to the US meta, and even tried to come up with new strats to take back to NA from us, just sayin. Me personally, I have no opinion which is stronger, and I don’t really care.

Surely a man with such confidence in his meta/playstyle would not have to spend as much time as you have defending himself from arrogant wildmen from Romania.

And the fact you didn’t know who SS where until today (or yesterday) is a little strange. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying omgad SS are the greatest, and all who don’t obey will perish! I’m just saying, even when you type GW2 into YouTube, SS will pop up somewhere. So i’m not sure whether you’re new to the game (or at least relatively new), or you just don’t do your research on EU teams and the EU meta, which would explain why you haven’t a clue on how advanced it is compared to the US meta I guess. But once again, I don’t have an opinion on this topic, i’m just acting as this threads Columbo.

Tokyo

in PvP

Posted by: Khayn.6475

Khayn.6475

I’m so glad xeph will be there, he’s cool, dont really know who are the others but i dont really care.. to be honest i will not even watch it.. as far as i concern there’s nothing they can say that could really be interesting to me in any kind,but only for new and less expirienced players and you know why? No DEVELOPERS in it.

btw this thread is hilarious although if NA teams come to EU it will be amazing, stop bi t c h ing each other, we can take an advantage of this thread. More teams, more competitivity. More q pop. I also suggest to go back to sync tourneys just to make devs understand that Paids are a joke, the whole tournament thing is a joke and that we want single games and matchmaking.

Kitiara – Warrior – Team Hyperactive [HYPE]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

I’m still waiting for the explanation of this “super evolved” meta I keep hearing about. 3 nodes go!

in PvP

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

It’s a very nice warm up before tomorrows STOG.
I hope it will be as entertaining as this thread, but maybe more productive.

PS. Can’t wait to some intercontinetal clash!!
PS2. I can’t say Danto is best in the UNIVERSE until he takes me down – (in game) Mr Mooo, guardian – defender of the uniwerse
PS3. Does PSing become rly fashionable lately or just in this thread?

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

Defend Murrica! Bald eagles and mullets baby!
HOLD THE LINE.

#WeGetHype

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

The new evolved meta=pvp on the forums

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Nearest SOTG’s topics rundown:

1. EU or NA – who is the best?
2. EU or NA – who is the best?
3. EU or NA – who is the best?
4. Danto.
5. Vain.
6. Exhibition Allstars Dissfight: Top EU vs Top NA.
7. …
8. …
9. ?
10. GW2 PvP Discussion.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Nearest SOTG’s topics rundown:

1. EU or NA – who is the best?
2. EU or NA – who is the best?
3. EU or NA – who is the best?
4. Danto.
5. Vain.
6. …
7. …
8. ?
9. GW2 PvP Discussion.

i think it will be more like this.

1. balance is good just need bug fixes, casuals just need to l2p
2. shatter mesmers and bs thief are loleasy to counter, casuals need to l2p
3. why arent casuals having fun? idk next,
4. why do so few teams do paids? idk next,
5. we like tournaments even though everyone else wants single matches
6. we have no clue what the euro meta is

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

leman.7682

+ Special Guest PvP Lead JSharp: Hi, guys, I agree, I’m a fan. Danto best guardian universe <3<3<3. Ladders are almost done, just 3 more months!

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

7. Miku
8. Portal should be pve only.

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

9. this thread is awesome

in PvP

leman.7682

Guys, guys, word is that NA is still changing their weapon sets for swiftness in tournies!

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

Looking forward to seeing some of these EU v. NA games on stream. Is that ever going to happen? It really should not be that difficult to coordinate some weekend sync queing at a mutually convenient time.

I’m an NA player, but my money is on EU. With a few exceptions, the “top” NA players seem to be mostly average players that simply kept playing after everybody else realized that this game was dead and moved on to do other things until it was fixed. Not sure if that’s true on the EU-side of things, but at least I know who SS is, a group which has been solid since launch, even without Erho.

Taking down some top EU teams would certainly prove that our NA players are not just afterthought scrubs pug stomping casuals in a dead game. Let’s see it!

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

These kittening Euro guys, all I have seen from them is huge egos, and blatant arrogance. The Na teams here have not only been playing at an extremely high level, but they have also been putting a HUGE amount back into the community. QT Vain has helped out so many new and frustrated players (including me). I have a lot of respect for people that don’t let their egos get out if control, while still being top notch players, and then still giving back to the community and helping new players out.

Ace of Spades, get off of your high horse mate, your playing a video game, your not a kitten elite Olympic athlete or something. It’s actually hilarious to look at from a real life point of view, keep acting like you are god in a world full of pixels.

NA teams, we will start seeing you guys in paids more, we finally may have a finalized paid team. GL HF

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Eristina.5967

Eristina.5967

Troll thread :O
It’s nice to have NA point of view to in state of the game, because it’s overall and not only EU. It’s good for the community.
To answer to people what is the current meta in EU it’s :
EuroComp :
Guardian
Thief DD with macro
Ele
Necro
Shatter Mesmer (20/20/0/0/30)
Some teams plays with Ele double dagger tf, other go for bunker ele s/d, far point.
Necro condi/bunker or double weels carrion or power.

Some teams like the spanish one plays double ele, we play double guardian/ranger, but 95% of teams are playing the setup above.
Maybe because it’s the strongest one ? because it has the most broken spec in it (ele tank/thief dd).

Origine-online – http://www.twitch.tv/ooeristina
Mains Thief – Necro – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

the pvp on this thread is better than the game itself

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

My meta is bigger than your meta

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Tru fax

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

EU guys, I propose this….
3 matches in your region, 3 matches in ours.
Whatever team holds the highest point difference in a match (500-100 lol) at the end of the 6 games chooses where they want the final match to go down at. (Assuming both teams won 3)
It’ll be done in frees running sync que so we can get past the timezone issue and we will do it on a weekend.

You got called out EU.
What is going to be the next excuse?

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

and it is attracting a lot of players. i think no queue for this pvp

in PvP

Syko.3726

I’m surprised this thread isnt closed yet and all the posters infracted..

I just got infracted cuz I said +1 on some other thread, seems legit .

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

better delete that or youll get infracted for mentioning you got infracted (no joke lol)

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

You should be infracted for suggesting this post be closed…+1 infraction has been levied on your account.

in PvP

Syko.3726

better delete that or youll get infracted for mentioning you got infracted (no joke lol)

Lolol true story.

You should be infracted for suggesting this post be closed…+1 infraction has been levied on your account.

Who said I want it closed ? it’s funny, just noticed it tbh

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

Lolol true story.

Who said I want it closed ? it’s funny, just noticed it tbh

I was just joking around pal.

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

Who knows, maybe the next big patch is the implementation of cross region pvp and they’re welcoming the conflict. Conspiracy theories

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Whatever team holds the highest point difference in a match (500-100 lol) at the end of the 6 games chooses where they want the final match to go down at. (Assuming both teams won 3)
It’ll be done in frees running sync que so we can get past the timezone issue and we will do it on a weekend.

You got called out EU.

I’m completely up for this, though a better way of setting it up would be joining a hotjoin game with 10 slots together and playing for however long you guys want to.

Send me a message if you wanna go into details. I’ve been trying to get an USA team to practice with for a while (I actually think I contacted you about this but not sure if it lead anywhere)

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

I’ll message you in game later tonight if your still on. It may end up being sometime tomorrow Helseth.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

So much love for Danto in this thread! <3 Yay! ^^

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

wasn’t NA providers >>>> EU providers ???

lag wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

You got called out EU.

Well played, sir. NA team calls out EU. There’s really no excuse for, at a minimum, Ace’s team (SS) agreeing to come play. If there’s any concern about server transfers, I’m sure we can arrange to have some accounts set up to facilitate the matches. Looking forward to watching these teams go at it on steam — there haven’t been any worthwhile rivalries in this game for months.

Edit: I would add that most people are likely back from holidays, particularly video game lifers, so really there shouldn’t be any reason you can’t do it this weekend, right? RIGHT?

(edited by Atlas.6901)

in PvP

Posted by: Smellyead.4107

Smellyead.4107

Get out Danto, nobody loves you!

in PvP

leman.7682

BTW, are you still QQ’ing about the build lock?

Leman

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

I’ve got an absolute crap ISP and there was some ping issues for me, but it wasn’t unplayable.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Breakin.2409

Breakin.2409

42 rank thief lfg paids

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

Keep the Podcasts going. There isn’t enough stuff to listen to at work as it is. Good job guys.

in PvP

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

People taking a game too seriously, and even one with such bad pvp lol…the Lols man the Lols

in PvP

Posted by: Tenderly.7019

Tenderly.7019

It’s nice to have NA point of view to in state of the game, because it’s overall and not only EU. It’s good for the community.
EuroComp :
Guardian
Thief DD with macro
Ele
Necro
Some teams plays with Ele double dagger tf, other go for bunker ele s/d, far point.

Some teams like the spanish one plays double ele, we play double guardian/ranger, but 95% of teams are playing the setup above.
Maybe because it’s the strongest one ? because it has the most broken spec in it (ele tank/thief dd).

That’s pretty standard everywhere, except you see 100b warrior more and staff ele less in NA

in PvP

Posted by: FuVirus.6398

FuVirus.6398

EuroComp :
Guardian
Thief DD with macro
Ele
Necro

That’s pretty standard everywhere, except you see 100b warrior more and staff ele less in NA

What what??? no….
dont look at qt’s comp and say its the meta
not even close….

FuVirus Top 30 NA leaderboard/

Mesmer / Elemntalist / Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Eristina.5967

Eristina.5967

EuroComp :
Guardian
Thief DD with macro
Ele
Necro

No one play warrior and/or staff ele in eu. Thief does a warrior’s job better, and s/d is much better than staff.

Origine-online – http://www.twitch.tv/ooeristina
Mains Thief – Necro – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

So, I’m going to hijack this awesome thread for a moment.

I’ve been reaching out to some of the more prominent players, looking for things that they’d like to see discussed on tomorrow’s State of the Game. However, I don’t know who everyone is.

If any of you guys would like to contact me directly and discuss the content of the next show (what you want to see discussed, what you don’t want to see discussed, etc) feel free to contact me in-game today. I’ll try to make it a point to idle in the Manvil Rock Mists (top of the stairs!) for the rest of the day.

In fact, if you want to tell me your favorite kind of cookie, or something like that, I’d be happy to discuss it with you as well.

In game: Nord.5360.

(If I don’t respond immediately, I might be afk. Feel free to send me an ingame mail, or a private message on the forums, and I’ll get back to you.)

Cheers.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

This thread is a perfect example of the collective disgusting narcissism rampant in the ‘pro’ pvp ‘community’.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Tenderly.7019

Tenderly.7019

EuroComp :
Guardian
Thief DD with macro
Ele
Necro

No one play warrior and/or staff ele in eu. Thief does a warrior’s job better, and s/d is much better than staff.

I meant s/d less, not staff, my b. Most ele’s offensive D/D. And ocassionally you’ll see a warrior, thief is still pretty much on 99% of the teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

I apologize for my bad english

Java is from the US, they are 1 month behind in the meta, all the US teams got stomped when they came in EU.

Xeph is a cool guy, but i haven’t seen TP in paid for more than 1 month, and the meta changed a lot meanwhile.

And who is ‘’Vain?’’

It’s just my 2 cents, but i think that doing this kind of thing is pretty arrogant, at least win a lan event and prove that you’ve a deep knowledge of the meta before talking.

Maybe it’s just me thinking that it’s arrogant, it’s a subjective opinion, and i might be wrong. The main problem i have with this kind of things is that it might end up like the other time, where that guy Meteor said a bunch of stuffs that weren’t true.

I don’t think i need to explain why having a bunch of people, (that may or may not have the knowledge) talking to a big crowd, could mislead the community into believe in something that is wrong.

Firstly, I would like to say that I have deep respect for “SS” and especially lowell.

Secondly, if you feel that I am unfit to do the podcast than I would be happy to step down and you can take my place; I have no problems or quells with that; I was just contacted by the hosts of the show and they asked me to make a reappearance, but if you feel that you are more fit to take my spot, than by all means go ahead.
Also, this show is meant to be a collection of opinions some may conflict and hopefully spark good discussions, people in the community will be able to tune in, ask questions and hopefully join in on the discussions; I don’t understand what you think this podcast is meant to be ?
Our initial hope with doing the podcast was to give the pvp community a little boost and entertainment; I don’t get why you are taking great offence to that, our why it is that you feel people need to win some sort of “lan event” before being given the right to make a podcast, which essentially is just a collection of players discussing the state of the game from their prospective.

I also feel that you made a poor choice in words when talking about the NA scene, I have recently played with QT (really really nice people, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from them at the same time), and I don’t feel that they are behind in the meta at all; I am actually every excited to see the EU Meta meet the NA Meta, because they are two different playstyles and it would be interesting to see how they fair against each other; there is no such thing as “Our meta is more advanced than yours”.

Anyways if people feel that I am unsuited to do the podcast, than I am more than happy to step down and have someone else take my spot, the only reason I signed up for it was to give back to the community and keep it growing, but if you feel that you have something more valuable to offer, than I will not hesitate to give you my spot.

Thank you,

Much love to EU and NA!

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: marshy.1387

marshy.1387

All you keyboard warriors furiously slamming your keyboard defending the kitten of you region are wasting your time. This game is terrible. There is no and will be no esport scene.

Also, quit comparing QPs all it shows is that you’re a massive loser and have enough time to play that much. Take a shower, get out of mom’s house and get a job.

in PvP

Posted by: Pride N Greed.8106

Pride N Greed.8106

All you keyboard warriors furiously slamming your keyboard defending the kitten of you region are wasting your time. This game is terrible. There is no and will be no esport scene.

Also, quit comparing QPs all it shows is that you’re a massive loser and have enough time to play that much. Take a shower, get out of mom’s house and get a job.

PURE WIN!!! SO true!!!LMAO.

Were are this so called pro teams all i see in tourneys are grinders. Didn’t know that makes you pro. Just shows that you have nothing better to do :P

in PvP

Posted by: Tixe.3684

Tixe.3684

Firstly, I would like to say that I have deep respect for “SS” and especially lowell.

Secondly, if you feel that I am unfit to do the podcast than I would be happy to step down and you can take my place; I have no problems or quells with that; I was just contacted by the hosts of the show and they asked me to make a reappearance, but if you feel that you are more fit to take my spot, than by all means go ahead.
Also, this show is meant to be a collection of opinions some may conflict and hopefully spark good discussions, people in the community will be able to tune in, ask questions and hopefully join in on the discussions; I don’t understand what you think this podcast is meant to be ?
Our initial hope with doing the podcast was to give the pvp community a little boost and entertainment; I don’t get why you are taking great offence to that, our why it is that you feel people need to win some sort of “lan event” before being given the right to make a podcast, which essentially is just a collection of players discussing the state of the game from their prospective.

I also feel that you made a poor choice in words when talking about the NA scene, I have recently played with QT (really really nice people, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from them at the same time), and I don’t feel that they are behind in the meta at all; I am actually every excited to see the EU Meta meet the NA Meta, because they are two different playstyles and it would be interesting to see how they fair against each other; there is no such thing as “Our meta is more advanced than yours”.

Anyways if people feel that I am unsuited to do the podcast, than I am more than happy to step down and have someone else take my spot, the only reason I signed up for it was to give back to the community and keep it growing, but if you feel that you have something more valuable to offer, than I will not hesitate to give you my spot.

Thank you,

Much love to EU and NA!

Spoken like a true ambassador of the game. Leave the egos at the door and enjoy the show.

Demonsurge/Nerdmagnet – Anvil Rock server