GvG Deathmatch Arena with Spectators

in PvP

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I love reading the gvg = skill stuff. Watch videos, people macro #1 spam and just mash all their dmg or heals. Any more then 8v8 and its beyond messy

My only question: what horrible GvG videos have you been watching?

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I love reading the gvg = skill stuff. Watch videos, people macro #1 spam and just mash all their dmg or heals. Any more then 8v8 and its beyond messy

They just need to give you guys 20 v 20 options in Custom Arena, so we don’t ever have to hear this GvG garbage in SPvP again.

I’ve watched many video’s of WvW guild’s and I was mind blown that you guy’s called it skill all you do is PRESS 11111111111 and move in a ball over the top of the other ball. How the hell is that skill.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

2 things a 20v20 GvG will have that 5v5 PvP will never have.

A better chance for every profession to participate.
A better chance for a variety of team composition and builds.

I’d add a 3rd:
A monkey can participate and be successful.

If you feel that way, why don’t you form a tPvP team…scrim a top tier team with your top tier WvW team and see who wins. I can set this up. Hit me ingame.

You want a 5v20 in non-existing PvE gear or…?

keep up. i’m telling you if tpvp is so easy a monkey can do it, get a team together of your people 5v5 in tpvp and ill set you up with a team to scrim. since it’s so easy you will destroy them.

in PvP

fugazi.5139

2 things a 20v20 GvG will have that 5v5 PvP will never have.

A better chance for every profession to participate.
A better chance for a variety of team composition and builds.

I’d add a 3rd:
A monkey can participate and be successful.

If you feel that way, why don’t you form a tPvP team…scrim a top tier team with your top tier WvW team and see who wins. I can set this up. Hit me ingame.

Wait.. did you realize that we are both on the ’GvG belong to PvP and what they are doing is ZvZ" side or am i wrong?

No, I have a headache. Good night.

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

GvG = killing players to see group can bunker down/DPS and maneuver in combat
Spvp/Tpvp = being bunker to stay on a point longer than the other team…..no one has to really die just hold the point longer.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

I’d just like to mention that saying that conquest is a competitive mode sounds wrong to me. I guess it’s just this game’s style, even if I don’t like it.
Now you guys try to say the same about GvG.
As hard as it might be to believe, GvG does have a ton of tactics involved. I’m talking about calling out CC, banners, movement, FIELDS, time warp, veil, reflects etc.
Just because everyone is running in 1 stack doesn’t mean that they’re just spamming 1 on everything in their way. The stacking during a fight is because of the 5 man AoE cap. Maybe if that was removed in a GvG arena mode things might look a bit different.
Also PvP-only free food buffs? Why not? Might end up making things a bit more interesting.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

This is what they call GvG, biggest part to there tactics is after the GvG watching the video playing Spot the SKILL.

If anyone can find it please let me know. Between the running in zerg ball spamming I was major confused on when the skill comes into the fight.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

I know from my experience of sneaking into wvwvw guilds once in a while that wvwvw builds are specifically studied to deal with large number of players and, as such, are often different from spvp builds. I think it would be nice to have an organized 20vs20 mode to bring some build diversity into the game.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

This is what they call GvG, biggest part to there tactics is after the GvG watching the video playing Spot the SKILL.

If anyone can find it please let me know. Between the running in zerg ball spamming I was major confused on when the skill comes into the fight.

that is a total mess. but it is presented well enough and it looks like more fun than most tpvp matches i saw. there is certainly some skill in there, but there is skill in peeling a potato too.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Since when has GvG been 20v20? Did anyone play guild wars1? 8v8, kill the enemy lord using your guild hall (the pre Faction ones looked cooler) as the battle ground.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

They just need to give you guys 20 v 20 options in Custom Arena, so we don’t ever have to hear this GvG garbage in SPvP again.

I’ve watched many video’s of WvW guild’s and I was mind blown that you guy’s called it skill all you do is PRESS 11111111111 and move in a ball over the top of the other ball. How the hell is that skill.

Like I said before, you must not be watching good GvG videos… it is not simply PRESS 1111111 and if you believe that, you must be very easy to convince. Bring 15 people and just press 11111 and see how quickly you guys die.

I don’t know why people say GvG is good in sPvP – sPvP is probably the WORST place for it. I agree with you there but sadly ANet does not and won’t give GvG a specific arena.

As hard as it might be to believe, GvG does have a ton of tactics involved. I’m talking about calling out CC, banners, movement, FIELDS, time warp, veil, reflects etc.
Just because everyone is running in 1 stack doesn’t mean that they’re just spamming 1 on everything in their way. The stacking during a fight is because of the 5 man AoE cap. Maybe if that was removed in a GvG arena mode things might look a bit different.
Also PvP-only free food buffs? Why not? Might end up making things a bit more interesting.

This, exactly this. GvG is about composition, positioning, timing and everyone doing THEIR job at the exact moment it is needed. There is an easy line to see the guilds that do this and the guilds that don’t. That is why there is very rarely a GvG that doesn’t end up in a shutout (5-0 or 7-0).

There is tons of theorycrafting that goes into GvG. It isn’t just a pure melee train with Guardians/Warriors (you’d get destroyed) it’s “ok we need guardians” How many? what spec? DPS? Heal? “ok we need warriors” how many what spec what weapons? “ok, do we need an engineer?” So on and so forth.

Almost every WvW meta that has existed in this game as come from GvG or organized guilds theorycrafting builds and comps to fight other guilds.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Has anyone been doing organized 8v8 deathmatches in arenas?

No one caps, just see who wins based on points from kills.

in PvP

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Guys, this GvG stuff is silly. Everyone knows real GvG is 80v80. T1 NA is the only place that does it right.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I agree they should just increase the custom arena cap to 20 player teams so these guys can hurry up and get tired of there garbage play and we can forget it was ever brought up.

At least until Anet makes real gvg. Then we can all enjoy a real game mode with real tactics, and say do you guys remember those dbs that made a pretend game mode of this lol; how pathetic at least they were able to say they won at something.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

Like I said before, you must not be watching good GvG videos… it is not simply PRESS 1111111 and if you believe that, you must be very easy to convince. Bring 15 people and just press 11111 and see how quickly you guys die.

I don’t know why people say GvG is good in sPvP – sPvP is probably the WORST place for it. I agree with you there but sadly ANet does not and won’t give GvG a specific arena.

This, exactly this. GvG is about composition, positioning, timing and everyone doing THEIR job at the exact moment it is needed. There is an easy line to see the guilds that do this and the guilds that don’t. That is why there is very rarely a GvG that doesn’t end up in a shutout (5-0 or 7-0).

There is tons of theorycrafting that goes into GvG. It isn’t just a pure melee train with Guardians/Warriors (you’d get destroyed) it’s “ok we need guardians” How many? what spec? DPS? Heal? “ok we need warriors” how many what spec what weapons? “ok, do we need an engineer?” So on and so forth.

Almost every WvW meta that has existed in this game as come from GvG or organized guilds theorycrafting builds and comps to fight other guilds.

Yes you need specific classes with specific build its called preparation you have the same in tpvp. I see some tactics from the start and beyond its just aoe spam nothing else. I dint see 1 portal use I dint see any change in tactics it was just ‘’kill the all’’ in smaller numbers you can change the tactics in mid game you can outmaneuver you enemy. Like this you can’t get a proper target you can’t focused anyone its just aoe and hope you kill the before they do

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

in PvP

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Until now, I don’t get it what GvG is. Should GvG always 10 v 10, 15 v 15, or 20 v 20, or 80 v 80 ?

From other game (from MoBA, FPS, MMORPG, etc), the only 1 thing I know about GvG is 2 teams, fighting each others, while each team player comes from their own guild. No matter the size (but its more than 1 of course), it still called GvG.

From this point of view, why SPvP 8v8 in controlled map with strict rule cannot be a GvG (lets say the map Legacy of the Foefire, location of fight graveyard, winning condition point capped or all enemies died (which mean you cannot fight outside of circle too long), respawn type: wave, spectator: on, etc) ? The basic meta ? Almost the same (the different only nerf in some condition and skill). Strategy ? You still need to think how many from each class should I brought, what their build, how the battle should be done, which player should I choose, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Until now, I don’t get it what GvG is. Should GvG always 10 v 10, 15 v 15, or 20 v 20, or 80 v 80 ?

From other game (from MoBA, FPS, MMORPG, etc), the only 1 thing I know about GvG is 2 teams, fighting each others, while each team player comes from their own guild. No matter the size (but its more than 1 of course), it still called GvG.

From this point of view, why SPvP 8v8 in controlled map with strict rule cannot be a GvG (lets say the map Legacy of the Foefire, location of fight graveyard, winning condition point capped or all enemies died (which mean you cannot fight outside of circle too long), respawn type: wave, spectator: on, etc) ? The basic meta ? Almost the same (the different only nerf in some condition and skill). Strategy ? You still need to think how many from each class should I brought, what their build, how the battle should be done, which player should I choose, etc.

GvG is supposed to determine which guild is better, which is the more “skilled”. In a 80v80 or even a 10v10 AoE spam you will get totally random results with no need for tactics, no need for coordination, no need for situational skills, you just go and burst.

GW1 had GvG and that was the hardest part of PvP, in GW2, the sequel, half-PvE guys spamming each other with totally randomness hoping that something will actually happen.. and they call it GvG, asking for a gamemode in PvP where they can zerg each other with spectators!.. kitten es off veterans.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Ppl here is still talking about the name?

jeeez, you can call is GuidSpanking or whatever, it’s named gvg just cause it’s 2 guild teams killing each other, it has nothing to do with Gw1 GvG – is it so hard to understand? Or it’s just a useless argument to take away credit from that fighting?

You talk about skill, but Gw1 PvP (not even GvG) was already better than the top of Gw2 pvp, so that’s not a argument. You don’t like it’s called gvg? Deal with it, that’s the name most used atm. You don’t like that some players wants a pvp based, idk…about actually killing opponents to win instead of sitting on a cap point? Or that 5 is a too small number for have some mechanic to be part of the game? (and before you say that so many ppl makes it too messy, in spvp effects are bad enough already to give the same “wtf is going on”).

I’m the first one to have doubts about gv- oh sorry – “guildteamskillingeachotherinopenfieldcauseAnetdidn’tgaveanytoolstohavesomethingbetter”, and critiques, but as long as everything you can say about it is “It’s not GvG how dare you use that name”, you look silly.

And i do have played Gw1 a lot, yet i’m not so bothered by that. It’s just the freaking name.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in PvP

fugazi.5139

Ppl here is still talking about the name?

“guildteamskillingeachotherinopenfieldcauseAnetdidn’tgaveanytoolstohavesomethingbetter”

Best thing I have ever seen on this forum. +1

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

GW1 GvG was almost an art form. This game will never achieve that level of intricacy in its combat because of class design and the overall lack of precision in combat. Legacy of the Foefire actually draws some inspiration from GW1 GvG, but entire games can be fought and won without the enemy’s base even being a factor.

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Do you mind stopping with the “GvG stands only for what we did in GW1” comments?
Let me give you a hint: GvG=Guild versus Guild. Just like PvP=Player(s) versus Player(s). It doesn’t mention amount of players ANYWHERE in the name. It could be 25v25 capture the flag, 2v2 death match or 1v1 duel. Stop with the pointless “GvG is only 8v8 and you’re all bad for calling that GvG”.
Also I know that it’s hard to see what’s going on without listening to the commander of a team. The ridiculous amount of spell effects makes it hard to see anything. It takes a bit of time to get used to large numbers inside a splash of particles but it is possible to tell what’s happening with some practice.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

milo.6942

this is guild wars. this game series’ most well known pvp was called gvg. it’s completely rational that pvpers from the first game would be angry about newcomers taking over the name. that’s all there is to it. wvwers should come up with a different name if they don’t want to get into pointless arguments.

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Shouldn’t they be mad that there’s no game mode other than conquest first? Sounds logical to me. :P

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Since when has GvG been 20v20? Did anyone play guild wars1? 8v8, kill the enemy lord using your guild hall (the pre Faction ones looked cooler) as the battle ground.

Since in GW1 max guild size was 100, 8v8 only took a minimum of 8% of your guild to play. Now you can have guilds with max of 500, so 40v40 would be the scaled version for THIS game. (Anet wisely responded to player complaints and raised guild maximum for GW2)

The reason 15v15 and 20v20 is thrown out is that in WvW you can easily have a guild group with that many in it any day of the week. Also taking 20 away from the total map population doesn’t restrict the “non-GvG” players from being able to play the way they want to play. Most of the larger WvW guilds in the top 6 servers can field up to 60 players on reset night. (Hopefully Anet will likewise respond to player initiative and incorporate a GvG option)

I don’t foresee a quick implementaion of GvG just because of the delay in getting a third map for WvW or even removing the krait/quaggan has taken months after the initial player complaints. I also realize that Anet would have allocated resources for and have a schedule made for content that they wanted to be in GW2 and any player requested changes would have to be fit into that plan and wouldn’t happen quickly.

But the longer players form their own GvG community, and that community continues to grow, the more likely that Anet will accomodate them, irrespective of whether you think GvG should only be 8v8 or that only skilled PvP players play 5v5.

in PvP

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Random Arenas in GW1, when you get the perfect roll with a kitten near perfect team = PRICELESS!

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in PvP

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

i think a lot of people are still stuck on the name thing.

Yeah theres 1 spam in the frontline but you’re watching the wrong videos if you think that is all it is.

This is why the videos we release are going to include voice comms/other perspectives for people to see the behind the scenes fight that goes on in the background so people understand that the surface show of heavies isn’t the only (or smart) focus of the fight.

We try to get away with the smallest frontline we can in this deathmatch play while still keeping it as a factor the other team has to deal with.

For now, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNClvV5UR8

also the famous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrQMoOBqaI

I think watching videos with voice comms gives you a better idea of the pace/focus difference of WvWGvG and ZvZ- but thats just me

Sorry about the music for those who dislike it.
The point is, this is much different pace than zvz at 15v15 deathmatch. Auto cleave doesnt work when there are thieves countering your waterfield providers.

Honestly I wish more spvpers would get involved in this scene, with more individual skill- you can do more risky compositions and it pays off. Our composition sounds absolutely stupid with how many glass we ran this fight, but I am proud to say our glass cannons are extremely focused and can pull it off. One wrong step and that hammer cleave kills us.
The better your small scale = the better your large scale, assemble the crew, join the deathmatch! Play risky and bring fresh ideas to the mix up!
Show me a 15v15 made up of 3 top tPvP teams in voice comms, I would love to deathmatch with a group like that. Of COURSE the frontline/ele builds are supporty, but the selfish ones are also necessity for focus fire.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

(edited by Odinzu.9645)

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

I think your barking up the wrong tree man have you ever done 8v8 hotjoin? You might like it. Raising the custom arena cap is a grand idea though lets get the "GvG"ers off the streets lol.

in PvP

Leuca.5732

Do you mind stopping with the “GvG stands only for what we did in GW1” comments?
Let me give you a hint: GvG=Guild versus Guild. Just like PvP=Player(s) versus Player(s). It doesn’t mention amount of players ANYWHERE in the name. It could be 25v25 capture the flag, 2v2 death match or 1v1 duel. Stop with the pointless “GvG is only 8v8 and you’re all bad for calling that GvG”.
Also I know that it’s hard to see what’s going on without listening to the commander of a team. The ridiculous amount of spell effects makes it hard to see anything. It takes a bit of time to get used to large numbers inside a splash of particles but it is possible to tell what’s happening with some practice.

It’s not that it only stands for what we did in GW1; it’s just embarrassing to really compare to two. The GW1 crowd is used to GvG being much more precisely skill oriented.

in PvP

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

I am a WvWer mainly and I think 20v20 GvG is a sideshow and the current meta is a joke. The current GvG meta can be emulated in 10v10 easily:

Current 20 vs 20 GvG meta:

10 frontline:

6/7 Guardians (Cleansing, buffing, blast healing)
3/4 Warriors (War Banner, some buffing and blast healing)

Backline:

4/5 Elementalists (Water/Fire field passive cleansing with traited water fields, CC)
4/5 Necromancers (AoE spamming,some CC, plague form)
1 Mesmer (veil, nuff field, portal if group is acting risky)
1 (wildcard) Sniper, D/D Elementalist for aura and blasts or 1 of the other prefered profession

Remove the Wildcard Profession, keep the Mesmer and divide the cookie cutter professions by 2 and there you have it a 10v10 version of GvG.

I respect that guilds want an even 20v20 deathmatch rather than testing their guilds skills vs 2 or 3 times their number but these GvG detrails the follow to WvW and just kitten off a lot of players in the end. I never played GW1 but 20v20 GvG is just like Wow Arenas IMHO.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

If I remember right arenas were 2v2 3v3 and 5v5. I miss arena…. I know i can do it here, but it takes way more time than wow I could just grab my partner and doe see doe.

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Wryog.5073

It’s not that it only stands for what we did in GW1; it’s just embarrassing to really compare to two. The GW1 crowd is used to GvG being much more precisely skill oriented.

The mighty GW1 GvGers started comparing them. I don’t see why you’re mad at us.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

If I’d be able to make a second account with the name Wryog and would flood the forums with BS you would be fine with it I guess.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Wryog.5073

If I’d be able to make a second account with the name Wryog and would flood the forums with BS you would be fine with it I guess.

Yeah, I would. Because it won’t have my account number, it won’t have my post history and it’d most likely get reported.
But by all means, go ahead and spend your money in a bad attempt to troll me.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Yeah, I would. Because it won’t have my account number, it won’t have my post history and it’d most likely get reported.
But by all means, go ahead and spend your money in a bad attempt to troll me.

There’s a thing in the GW universe called GvG. Calling a totally unworthy thing GvG is just entirely wrong.

i bet if we would actually get GvG in GW2 at some point, 90% of the WvW guilds would get smashed or would never participate because it wouldn’t be 20v20 aoe spam.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Wryog.5073

“Totally unworthy” lol. Are you actually serious?
90% wouldn’t participate because they’re not in guilds or they’re in casual guilds.
And if you’re talking about the current GvG teams… well I’d love to see you try a S/D ele in your team. Or a non-SB thief. You’d lose so fast with the normal sPvP builds.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Wryog.5073)

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

You’d lose so fast with the normal sPvP builds.

You never played GW1, I played both, yes I’m serious.

If I’d lose with PvP builds because some of them doesn’t spam AoEs fast enough, then you agree that WvW is a non-coordinated PvE spamfest.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

If I’d lose with PvP builds because some of them doesn’t spam AoEs fast enough, then you agree that WvW is a non-coordinated PvE spamfest.

There is a place for brawler builds in gw2gvg, it’s on the player- not the class.
You have to have a backbone of support (in your group composition) but after you figure that out a good player can run anything as long as it is run correctly.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in PvP

Wryog.5073

And sPvP ATM is totally not a non-coordinated spamfest.
coughspiritrangersandconditionbuildscough
Play it before you can say if it requires skill. You’re just looking bad ATM.
I also played WoW. Calling 20v20 an arena is also weird to me because in WoW that was 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5. But guess what? It’s a different game.
You’re never going to get a GW1 copy with better graphics. Stop asking for it

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Leuca.5732

Perhaps we did draw up the comparison ourselves, but that’s partially because those of us who played GW1 rather extensively really wanted a viable GvG format in GW2. The difference in skill level between GW1 GvG and the attempts in WvW is pretty laughable, not to mention the complete lack of a guild hall, which was why it was called GvG in the first place, especially when there were other formats in which guild groups would face each other. What’s worse is that WvW has even less balance than SPvP; you have rampant PvE exclusive equipment and access to ridiculous setups that shouldn’t even exist, leaving those of us who care for balanced PvP in the dust.

For my own part, it’s more frustrating that the game was sold on being so skill-based, but turned into this; I can’t seriously play any sort of PvP without feeling sort of ridiculous.

in PvP

Wryog.5073

The difference in skill level between GW1 GvG and the attempts in WvW is pretty laughable

I thought that that applied to the whole game?
At least with larger groups people use combo mechanics as support and not self-buffing. That promotes group coordination and coordination in the actual fight other than calling out a target.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Wryog.5073)

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Actually I bought the game because the devs themselves promised this in their manifesto. Word by word.

Btw yes Pvp balance is terrible atm, but that will pass, but 20v20 will always be a spamfest.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Leuca.5732

The difference in skill level between GW1 GvG and the attempts in WvW is pretty laughable

I thought that that applied to the whole game?
At least with larger groups people use combo mechanics as support and not self-buffing. That promotes group coordination and coordination in the actual fight other than calling out a target.

The problem with larger groups is the lack of precision within the combat system. Unfortunately the mechanics in this game aren’t really conducive to large group-based organized pvp.

Also, are you seriously nitpicking at that one part of my post when it does nothing to detract from my point? I even added a more global statement at the end of my post; did you even read it?

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Actually I bought the game because the devs themselves promised this in their manifesto. Word by word.

Btw yes Pvp balance is terrible atm, but that will pass, but 20v20 will always be a spamfest.

Didn’t you at least see that the ONLY sPvP game mode is conquest before getting the game?
I won’t say anything about the spamfest comment because that’s just throwing around insults now. You obviously have no idea what exactly people do in GvG(not that many people do tbh).

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

Why don’t people give it a try in custom arena with organized 5v5, 6v6, etc… in Legacy of the Foefire, turn off the capture nodes, and killing enemy lord is the only way to win

I guess more rules could be added later, but at least start from the basics.

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

milo.6942

Why don’t people give it a try in custom arena with organized 5v5, 6v6, etc… in Legacy of the Foefire, turn off the capture nodes, and killing enemy lord is the only way to win

what’s there to try? only way to win would be lord rush

in PvP

Wryog.5073

That would work if we wanted GW1 GvG.
This thread is asking for 20v20/15v15 death match. At least increasing the player limits in custom arenas would help a LOT.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Title says it all.

Could we get a dedicated GvG Deathmatch Arena with spectators and it’s own ranking system.

The WvW community has been asking for this type of arena since forever in the WvW forum but I believe they are not asking at the right place. GvG is sPvP deathmatch with more players so it seem fitting to ask it to the team that create all the PvP arenas in the game.

no no no. This is NOT what GvG people want. Most want to be able to use their own gear combinations and food buffs. GvG is way more strategic with all of the different combinations possible than what PvP allows.

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Adding food buffs to sPvP might end up being interesting. Free food buffs, of course, and they get removed outside of PvP.
Also being able to mix stats more is important. Maybe sPvP should get a full set of jewelry for stat customization?
There’s a lot of stat customizations that sPvP is lacking. It might really make build creation for sPvP more fun.
If they don’t want to do that then we should just get custom arenas with 40 players cap and an option to use PvE balance and equipment. I think that would be enough. GvGers can calculate the rating and stuff themselves.
We just need something to get rid of the ridiculous transfer costs when we want to play against a new enemy.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

milo.6942

food buffs, pve armors, unrestricted stat combos… you guys are really in the wrong forum.

in PvP

Wryog.5073

food buffs, pve armors, unrestricted stat combos… you guys are really in the wrong forum.

We’re getting told to come here every time that we try to talk about this in the WvW forum. Apparently we can’t ask for a game mode there because the purpose of asking for it is to get GvGs OUT of WvW.
We can throw a thread in the suggestions forum and it’ll get buried before it’s even noticed. Or we could throw it in the general discussion where it’d probably get even less serious comments than in here(sorry, but a lot of the posts are pretty much talking about what happened in GW1 instead of giving ideas, showing support or giving a real argument on what they should spend their resources on).
This is the only forum that we can actually get this thread up and keep it alive without pages of useless information. If this game mode like this is going to happen anywhere, it needs to be in sPvP.
Also I don’t really get why you’re so much against more customization. It’s not like I’m suggesting Healing/Toughness/Vitality gear. More customization options=good(as long as they’re not imbalanced).

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Wryog.5073)