HAMBOWS. i've had enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

6 months of these clones. I’VE HAD ENOUGH
pvp is unbearable right now.
in any decent mmo this crap would have been nerfed within weeks,
how the hell have we gone over half a year of this kitten?
honestly i’m through… fix your game anet….
your 6 month vacation is over, DO SOMETHING.

but lets face it, you’ll just delete this thread and never balance your game.
go ahead, give me an infraction for speaking the truth.

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Wait 7 days……

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: cap.1394

cap.1394

shots fired. pew pew pew

in PvP

Liewec.2896

Wait 7 days……

for what? an 8% nerf to 1 of their 3 healing sources and a 20% decrease to the damage of one of their skills? yeah that’ll fix them…

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

HAMBOWS. i’ve had enough.
DECAP ENGI. i’ve had enough.
BUNKER GUARDIANS. i’ve had enough.
SPIRIT RANGERS. i’ve had enough.
PISTOL WHIP. i’ve had enough.
MINION MASTERS. i’ve had enough.
PU MES. i’ve had enough.
Ele….wait nm

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

We cant say exactly what will happen post patch, they may get stronger due to on swap sigil changes or weaker from nerfs given.

Wait till after patch.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Wait 7 days……

for what? an 8% nerf to 1 of their 3 healing sources and a 20% decrease to the damage of one of their skills? yeah that’ll fix them…

Also Pin Down is getting its cast time trebled and the Lyssa set they all rely on for that ridiculous cleanse/boons combi is getting changed away. Possibly other changes that haven’t been mentioned.

A good number of nerfs affect this build, it just sucks that it was completely broken for three months and has been pretty overpowered for another four more (after significant damage reductions on Dec10).

Shaving: it needs to happen when something dominates the meta as hard as hambow and decap Engi have done. Letting the meta settle apparently now just means letting it stagnate.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

PU MES. i’ve had enough.
Ele….wait nm

What does it say when every major spec is horribly frustrating to play against? =D

Oh yeah, cap points is a terrible game type for this combat system.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Liewec.2896

We cant say exactly what will happen post patch, they may get stronger due to on swap sigil changes or weaker from nerfs given.

Wait till after patch.

we’ve waited long enough, hambow needs to go.
i don’t know if anet pay you but how you can advise someone to “wait” after 6 months of a ridiculously low skill/high reward build is beyond me.

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

I agree with the OP.
Hambow’s are hard overbuffed in relation to other classes.
The gigantic HP pool combined with massive defense and dps at the same time is unacceptable in any way.
Berserker’s Stance even is a problem on the way how it works.

The upcoming changes to “solve” this unbalancing making me really laugh.
Honestly I’ve stopped playing this game because of so many still existing unbalances.
Same goes for some other classes as well.

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

In the end, they ruined warrior class.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Wait till after patch.

we’ve waited long enough, hambow needs to go.
i don’t know if anet pay you but how you can advise someone to “wait” after 6 months of a ridiculously low skill/high reward build is beyond me.

JinDaVikk is right, there is too much going on to be able to imagine what is going to happen.

Yes, the past month were horrible, and a big mistake from ArenaNets side.
There will mostly again be some OP-specs once the patch hits lives, and I hope ArenaNet has learned from the past mistakes, and will then be quicker with their balance updates.

But I don’t really see the point of complaining now about certain specs, since everything might be changed within a week.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Everyone agrees hambow is out of control, and we can’t say how the combo of nerfs (healing signet, pin down, arcing arrow, lyssa) and buffs (more sigils) will play out, but I have a feeling it will be enough to kill them now. Without pin-down to set up insane burst, its much easier to out-play them through dodges and blinds as every attack is telegraphed. They also don’t nearly 1-shot you from 5→2 anymore. That will be big.

Regardless, just take a 1-week break and either play other game-modes or other games, then come back on 4/15 when interest spikes again and changes are made.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

No, because this game is based upon sitting on a point. As long as you can get 500+hp/sec healing + heavy armor + condi immunity + stability + 3 condi removal every ~8 seconds, it’s going to be broken.

And not everyone agrees hambow is out of control —- Hambow Hugh – thanks so much.

Your best AoE weapon should never be your best CC weapon and your best single target dps weapon

I can only hope that ESL and Blu start banning HS from the tournaments. Then maybe ANet will wake up to see what a joke it is.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Hambow is only a symptom of the bigger problem. The REAL problem is ANET’s excruciatingly slow balance process. ANET get your crap together and roll out balance patches more often.

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

They never will. This is why I proposed they simply open things up and let the community balance the game via custom arenas.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Let-Us-Tweak-Skills-Talents-in-Custom-Arenas/first#post3858168

My recommendation is not to come back on 4/15. Come back to the forums on 5/1 and see if anything is different.

in PvP

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

If you haven’t learned how to counter a hambow by now something is clearly wrong with you.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

If you haven’t learned how to counter a hambow by now something is clearly wrong with you.

its not about counter or not. its about we are sick of it. boring!

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Either that or you aren’t playing thief or spirit ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

its not about counter or not. its about we are sick of it. boring!

It’s never boring. I love the free kills on my zerk guard.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in PvP

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

PU MES. i’ve had enough.
Ele….wait nm

Pretty much this…

ANet has a tendency to introduce cheesy builds with their “balance” passes, and then instead of doing something to bring them down to the same level as other, more reasonable builds available, their idea of “balance” involves introducing new, equally cheesy builds on other classes.

This process has led to the cheese-filled meta we have today where everybody plays builds that are incredibly tedious and frustrating to play against because they’re the only builds that are even viable against all the other cheese the enemy team will surely bring.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in PvP

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

ANet aren’t going to nerf their pet class. However, if another build of another profession becomes viable for even a second, or threatens the Warrior’s position in the meta, it will be surely nerfed into the ground, and then some, just for good measure.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

ANet aren’t going to nerf their pet class. However, if another build of another profession becomes viable for even a second, or threatens the Warrior’s position in the meta, it will be surely nerfed into the ground, and then some, just for good measure.

Stop talking crap like most ppl on here.Pet class ? Take a look at some of the nerfs a warr has received in the past,i wouldnt call a 20% dmg nerf on a weapon a way to show its their “pet class”,you guys are ffing delusional.

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Once they make my other weapons actually viable, I’ll gladly use them. I enjoy Rifle in PvE, taking it to PvP? There’s gotta be a joke about that somewhere.

From what I’ve seen, the choices are Sword Condi War or Hambow. Yeah, great variety.

Duty is heavier than death.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

A single Hambow isn’t really a big issue, several of them on the same team working in unison spamming stunlocks and knockbacks, yeah that’s an entirely different matter…

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

PU MES. i’ve had enough.
Ele….wait nm

So 7 out of the 8 character classes currently have a workable spvp build. Isn’t that balance?

Rather than nerf any of those builds on the 15.4.14, Anet should have concentrated on creating a decent build for the Ele and then trying to create an additional build for all 8 classes besides the ones above.

If Anet did this spvp would be more vibrant with more and more builds available to all classes.

Because they are of course nerfing on the 15.4.14, it would not surprise me at all, if rather than 7 viable builds you have now, you end up with fewer variety after the 15.4.14, with just 2-3 builds running around supreme. Basically going backwards…again…

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

PU MES. i’ve had enough.
Ele….wait nm

So 7 out of the 8 character classes currently have a workable spvp build. Isn’t that balance?

There is a difference between working TPvP builds and builds that are annoying to play against. The list is just the latter one.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi,

We welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it is respectful and constructive. Since this thread doesn’t respect those rules, we’ll now close it and invite you to re-post your feedback in a more constructive way.

Thank you for your understanding.