HGH Engi problem solved

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Tellah.8073

Tellah.8073

grenade skills apply only 1 stack of condition per toss not per grenade.

you’re welcome

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Sure, make that kit even more useless if untraited and/or without hgh.

If the problem is hgh, they just have to balance hgh.
Assuming there is a problem.

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

If the Problem is HGH, hardcounter it with Necro or S/D-Thief…..

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Is HGH still a problem ? The top engineers are not running with HGH anymore. The damage after Incendiary powder nerf is not that good. Survivability with nerfed Elixir S is maybe the worst of all possible builds.

I think HGH is balanced or maybe a little too weak instead of too overpowered. (I guess removing random stuff from Elixir H should be fine)

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Is HGH still a problem ? The top engineers are not running with HGH anymore. The damage after Incendiary powder nerf is not that good. Survivability with nerfed Elixir S is maybe the worst of all possible builds.

I think HGH is balanced or maybe a little too weak instead of too overpowered. (I guess removing random stuff from Elixir H should be fine)

That’s mainly cuz of S/D-Thiefs IMHO. HGH gets countered soooooo hard by them, because they can

- Easily jump to the Location of the HGH-Engi on most Maps
- Steal all their Boons
- Do insane DMG to them due to the often glassy Nature of the HGH (okay, most play them with tankier Amus now, but it’s still good DPS)

It’s absolutely a Metagame-thing, I think if they slightly nerf S/D-Thief (which a lot of Ppl want to see), but buff Necros (also good Boon-removal and good range to combat the HGH-Engi), it’ll be pretty balanced.

It’s IMHO not HGH alone anyways, but the Combination of HGH, Cleaning Formula 409 (what an obscure Trait-Name btw. ^^’) and Fast acting Elexirs that make the build so Potent. Also, the Nades profit very well from both additional Condi- and Physical DMG.

The build is definitely not too weak and if the Hardcounters to it aren’t played as often anymore and ppl aren’t as used to dealing with them as well as they are now (cuz so many teams run them), it can easily come back with full force again.

I think the build is fine though, I like the fact that there are a few builds that are very strong, but also have very strong hardcounters: It makes ppl think when coming up with their Team-setup and forces them to set Priorities, really analyze the Meta etc. This was a crucial Part of GW1 and I like that it can be seen in GW2 as well.

The first Top-Team that really utilizes counters and different strategies and builds on different Maps will IMHO rip apart everything else. It’s like in SC2 or any other RTS-Game: Against most Strategies there is a good Counter and if ppl play the same thing over and over again, they might simply get hardcountered and loose because of the Build-Order, or in GW2’s case, the Team-Setup and the Strategy.

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

yes, right you are. This build is countered and not op anymore.
Even without a thief the in your team you should not be worry about the engi. Because the build does not apply burning like hell anymore and the engineer is dying in no time without Elixir S.

It is not removed from the game like 100nades. It still works that’s all

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

You mean it is still OP, that’s all.

All is vain.

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Yeah engineer being viable sure is op.

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Nerf HGH? I don’t think anyone even runs that anymore. I think people just see grenade engi’s and assume they are HGH.

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

No one even plays HGH anymore (at least at the level of play I’m in). Engineers are pretty much middle of the pack right now and don’t need many nerfs or buffs as far as I’m concerned

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

PowerBottom’s post sums it up pretty perfectly, IMO.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

HGH Engi problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

HGH is only good in WvW where you have the ability to build up and sustain might, and also have tall walls and zergs to protect them from boon rips. Although it is dangerous for a S/D thief to rip boons amidst the hurricane of explosions that will follow, a zerker thief having 25 stacks of might that lasts for 20 seconds is a beast on the field.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.