HOW TO: Get Arcane Crystals and Arcane Slivers

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

I have seen way too many people complain both on the forum and in general chat. Many of these are legit cases of just being unlucky.

However, I have seen my share of ‘omgehrd I opened 20 copper chests and no sliver’ as well.

If you’ve no clue as to how to get’em, this will be a long read but do give it some time.

it’s not so much the quality of the chest. it’s the quality of the items you get from it

I’ll use tourney token weapons as an example

There are four tiers to the tourney tokens.

1. The default ‘PVP’ weapons. E.g. PVP bow, PVP pistol etc.

2. The priory pvp weapons. E.g. Priory bow, Priory pistol, Priory Hammer, etc.

3. The vigil pvp weapons

4. The whisperer pvp weapons.

There are four tiers like this for almost every token. The dolyak token weapons include forest, flame, … well you see where I am going with this.

To create the first tier, you need 5 dusts + orb + animal/tourney token + armor/weapont oken

You have a chance to proc second tier.

With crystal you have a chance to proc third tier, with a high chance of getting second tier. You will not get first tier.

You get fourth tier if you are lucky with sliver, but will get third tier most of the time.

And that’s essentially how it is with salvaging.

If you salvage a fourth tier weapon/armor, you will have a chance of getting dust, sliver, animal/tourney token, or weapon/armor token

If you salvage a third tier weapon, you will have a chance of getting crystal/sliver, animal/tourney token, or weapon/armor token

It salvages into one of the components that you would use to craft it. So it is not possible to get orb from salvaging a third tier item like Vigil. (as a note, due to a glitch, priory/vigil hammer have a chance to give tiger token)

The reason why you buy gold chests is to increase your chance of getting a rare item, which means higher chance of sliver

I am rank 23, and I have gotten somewhere between 30~40 slivers. I have a full set of mist walker set, which is a tourney token 4th tier armor set for medium. It works for me, it will for you as well.

TL DR;

orb -> tier 1 (maybe tier 2)
crystal -> tier 2 (maybe tier 3)
sliver -> tier 3 (maybe tier 4)

salvage tier 1 item -> orb, dust, token
salvage tier 2 item -> orb/crystal dust token
salvage tier 3 item -> sliver/crystal dust token
salvage tier 4 item -> sliver dust token

in PvP

Posted by: Hid.7890

Hid.7890

Btw he put a TL DR at the end of the thread which is quite useful for those of u that didn’t read his post. I was having trouble getting slivers, so this should solve that. thx for the help

GM of Pve is too hard

in PvP

Jae.5138

Btw he put a TL DR at the end of the thread which is quite useful for those of u that didn’t read his post. I was having trouble getting slivers, so this should solve that. thx for the help

you’re welcome! glad it was of help

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Thank u m8 , for this great* thread

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

This should be a sticky!

Thank you so much for this post.

in PvP

Jae.5138

Glad I helped! If you guys have any questions I’ll keep checking the thread till the end of today.

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

I see how it is now, thanks a lot for this.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Jae.5138

bump for knowledge!

in PvP

Posted by: kabaal.1832

kabaal.1832

I don’t think i’ve had a single Crystal from Dolyak and ive bought a lot, i go back and buy the lower tier gold boxes and i get them every so often. I don’t know whether it’s just pure bad luck or the chance of them is lower in that tier through design or a bug.

in PvP

Jae.5138

from my experience I’ve gotten more slivers from higher animal rares than lower. Personally i don’t remember getting any from rabbit rares.

I’m sure that’s bad luck on my part, just as it is on yours.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Heritage Armor baby!