Hacking Going On in Tpvp

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

Hello ,

i’m noticing an increase number of hacks , for example a thief player last night kept spawning thief guild elite which suppose to have a 90seconds cooldown

and today early morning i played another tpvp a game where a mesmer kept moa-morphing me every fight like 30 seconds between fight , as far as i know that elite skill has 3 or 4 minutes cooldown

can someone confirm , or there’s something that can reduce the cooldown of those elite and i’m not aware off

thanks

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I’ve seen speed hacks and the like in WvW as well.

Its amazing how quickly people get hacks to games….you’d be surprised.

Hopefully Anet is being as ‘on top’ of this as they possibly can.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

Moa has 180 sec Cooddown. that isnt that much.
I know your feeling with moa’d ever fight. But u cant engage the same person in a pvp game every 30sec with your downtime and runtime etc.
It feels like he’s morphing every time but he has to wait his 3 mins

i’m playing mesmer too and often recieve flames for moa. its normal. It’s just the lack of knowledge of the people.

And i played 503 Tournaments and have 496 wins and NEVER noticed any hack in Tpvp.

so far. and here is a tissue for you

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

no no i attacked after i ressed the same person , cause last night one of thief kept spawning thief guild maybe 2 times in a fight which has a 90seconds cooldown , and i wanted to confirm , so 99% there’s hack i searched the net right now and i found something related to speed hack and other multi hacks for gw2 , so probably there’s hacks out there , lets hope those people gets the ban they deserve , the game is already full of botting and gold selling and other s……

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Redscope.6215

Moa has 180 sec Cooddown. that isnt that much.
I know your feeling with moa’d ever fight. But u cant engage the same person in a pvp game every 30sec with your downtime and runtime etc.
It feels like he’s morphing every time but he has to wait his 3 mins

i’m playing mesmer too and often recieve flames for moa. its normal. It’s just the lack of knowledge of the people.

And i played 503 Tournaments and have 496 wins and NEVER noticed any hack in Tpvp.

so far. and here is a tissue for you

lmao dude…wow

There ARE hacks in this game…the OP knows what he’s talking about

Way to “L2P” this post without considering he’s telling the truth…[golf clap]

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

on a side note i haven’t played as much as you in tpvp but i have like 280 wins out of i don’t know , and it wasn’t untill last night that i started to see some strange attitude like those described so yeah i played a lot

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Redscope.6215

on a side note i haven’t played as much as you in tpvp but i have like 280 wins out of i don’t know , and it wasn’t untill last night that i started to see some strange attitude like those described so yeah i played a lot

You don’t have to justify yourself to that scrub….he’s obviously a trolling fk.

There ARE hacks in this game and many have seen and/or reported them. Anet is doing all they can to police this but the hackers don’t make it easy…

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Carrioncrow.6872

Carrioncrow.6872

There were a few times when I’ve ran into people starting tourney’s outside of their starting area (Literally capping right as the game started)

And a few other times i’ve noticed people starting the match with Flesh reaver (26 stacks and it spawns) or 25 stacks of Bloodlust ect ect.

But I haven’t seen it lately, which makes me think the Sept 25th patch took care of it.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

I just googled gw2 hack/cheat

if they are not fake and laced with troyans to steal your account then it seems that there are hacks availlable.

i doubt someones account will live for very long though. Either it gets perma banned or hacked.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The thief got a short CD skill that is half Thief’s Guild called Ambush trap. Are you sure he was using the elite itself?

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

well ambush doesn’t trig 2 thief , or does it ? + how can he spawn them before getting inside the battle , and u gotta trigg the ambush to call a thief , i’m a thief so im kinda fimiliar with the mechanic , never used the ambush elite though , i dont find it appealing myself , however everything is possible the game is filled with buggs so who knows what the hell was happening in there :xD

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

well ambush doesn’t trig 2 thief , or does it ? + how can he spawn them before getting inside the battle , and u gotta trigg the ambush to call a thief , i’m a thief so im kinda fimiliar with the mechanic , never used the ambush elite though , i dont find it appealing myself , however everything is possible the game is filled with buggs so who knows what the hell was happening in there :xD

I reckon he placed a trap, and waited for the cooldown of the trap to reset.
You triggered the first trap, causing a thief to appear. Then he quickly laid down a new trap because it was off cooldown, and then you triggered that as well.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Zachariel.5463

Zachariel.5463

I would have to aggree with Rika as there is no video to support your claims. Your best option is to report players if you suspect them of hacking or send an email to their exploits department and give as much detailed info as possible. They appreciate it and it helps everyone else out.

EDIT: By info I mean time of tourney and names of the ones you think were hacking as well as your information.

(edited by Zachariel.5463)

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

It’s the internet, people assume guilty until proven innocent – along with the absence of all the other social norms you would expect from a civilized culture and not a slobbering cesspool of angst ridden e-savages.

- Hold on, I have to smile for moment. That felt good.

Ahhhh~ Ok.

While people are not beyond hacking, keep in mind that most cases of suspected hacking are in fact people utilizing skills in ways you weren’t aware of before. It could have been two ambush traps in the same location from two different thieves, or someone wise to his positioning and cooldowns.

Had a ‘omg hacker!’ moment myself when I found myself getting moed twice in a row by what LOOKED like the same Mesmer, turned out there were two mesmers, identical models, playing ‘identical twins’ and rotating their Moa on me.

Frustrating as hell then. Hilarious now.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Zachariel.5463

It’s the internet, people assume guilty until proven innocent – along with the absence of all the other social norms you would expect from a civilized culture and not a slobbering cesspool of angst ridden e-savages.

- Hold on, I have to smile for moment. That felt good.

Ahhhh~ Ok.

While people are not beyond hacking, keep in mind that most cases of suspected hacking are in fact people utilizing skills in ways you weren’t aware of before. It could have been two ambush traps in the same location from two different thieves, or someone wise to his positioning and cooldowns.

Had a ‘omg hacker!’ moment myself when I found myself getting moed twice in a row by what LOOKED like the same Mesmer, turned out there were two mesmers, identical models, playing ‘identical twins’ and rotating their Moa on me.

Frustrating as hell then. Hilarious now.

I giggle when I moa someone…but then I crap kittens when I see someone I should have saved my moa for. Its a major DOH moment.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

I don’t use Moa often. I find Mass Invisibility or even Time Warp tends to be more effective in long runs, due to the massive cooldown the ability suffers.

I also don’t like the ability thematically – we have a ton of manipulation skills illusion skills, but there just does not seem to be a justification for us suddenly having a transform skill in our kit. I would have preferred a ‘perfect clone’ ability, that either I produce an illusion that acts and hits like me (duplicating my dodge when I dodge, using my skills on targeted enemy when I use that targeted skill)

or! And this would be hilarious.

Turn my opponent into me, and make them vulnerable to ally damage for 10 seconds (meaning they can get targeted and attacked by their enemies.) They can either keep their kit and just have my appearance and name, or perhaps get MY kit and be forced to play a mesmer for a moment.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Zachariel.5463

I don’t use Moa often. I find Mass Invisibility or even Time Warp tends to be more effective in long runs, due to the massive cooldown the ability suffers.

I also don’t like the ability thematically – we have a ton of manipulation skills illusion skills, but there just does not seem to be a justification for us suddenly having a transform skill in our kit. I would have preferred a ‘perfect clone’ ability, that either I produce an illusion that acts and hits like me (duplicating my dodge when I dodge, using my skills on targeted enemy when I use that targeted skill)

or! And this would be hilarious.

Turn my opponent into me, and make them vulnerable to ally damage for 10 seconds (meaning they can get targeted and attacked by their enemies.) They can either keep their kit and just have my appearance and name, or perhaps get MY kit and be forced to play a mesmer for a moment.

LOL oh god, if they had to play a mesmer all the forum OP posters would be crying that they had to play a mesmer.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Zachariel.5463

And sorry to the OP as it kinda got off track of your post. But I hope we helped solve your problem.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

lol, this would have been a more unique moa morph when in comparison to other games coutnerparts.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

I usually defend the first closest node in tPvP matches, so I would say more often than not I’m the guy on the team that gets the big 1v1 matches as they send their best guy over to try and take down the guardian, and there’s a couple of things I saw recently that I wanted to know if they were hacks, some class mechanic I am unaware of, or just an semi-exploit of an in game mechanic.

1) An engineer that I would take down, and he would be in downed state for maybe 2 seconds before he popped up with half of his life, like an auto-rez. I remember someone saying something about an elixer glitch with this I think, or is this something engineers can trait for? Essentially I had to down him twice before he would stay down.

2) A thief that was almost perma-stealthed. He would blink in for a second, and the moment I hit him, he was stealthed again for a minute or more straight. I kept checking to see if he just ran behind something but it was wide open, and it seemed to be based off of when I hit him, because as he was running to the point, he was visible, the moment I made contact with him, he never showed up again until either I went down or he did due to lucky AoE spam from me. Easily he was visible maybe 5 seconds of each minute long or so fight.

Anyone had these problems? Are they hacks?

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

aydenunited:
1) <<Toss Exilir R>>
He tossed a exilir on the ground before he get in the <<down state>>
As long as he or any team8s are inside the radius on elixir R , are revived/healed 20% of their max hp every 1 sec :P

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

Nah.

The elixir issue isn’t a glitch, it’s actually Meant to function that way. Same thing with the resurrection Ult on Rangers (Annoying as all F by the way.)

The Thief was burning his initiative on all stealth skills. A few of them actually took him away from the battle for a while and he returned. Best way to describe it.

Take a look at a You Tube video of a stealth thief. Actually, get in the habbit of watching each class on You Tube. It’s the best way of seeing how these classes can play.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

But then if that is the argument you must know that timewarp has a even longer cooldown.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Neither the engi or thief thing were hacks. Engi thing is intended, its a thrown elixir that simply works that way. Thiefs have a bug where they will not appear on your screen (thiefs enemy) even when unstealthed. This basically makes it seem like they have 0 cooldown on stealth or any ‘recently stealthed’ debuff, and it can totally overwhelm you as you will simply not be able to see him at times. I very much wonder what thiefs are like after this is fixed, even though they’d still be strong/OP.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Visualize.4319

Visualize.4319

Lol I love how everyone always discredits claims of hacks. Remember when everyone said League of Legends was unhackable because its server side only? HAHA fun times, hacks stayed forever because people were so ignorant. People only started getting banned because they had big mouths and wanted to show everyone how leet their hacks were. 12k HP on trist naturally without tank items O.o soooo OP

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

Lol I love how everyone always discredits claims of hacks. Remember when everyone said League of Legends was unhackable because its server side only? HAHA fun times, hacks stayed forever because people were so ignorant. People only started getting banned because they had big mouths and wanted to show everyone how leet their hacks were. 12k HP on trist naturally without tank items O.o soooo OP

I love how people jump on the drama gun prematurely.

Do you want to know how that thief got to use his elite so quickly? It is a in game mechanic , it is a build. I changed my mind tho and im not going to take the trouble telling you because it must be a h4xz right?

More fun that way in the forums amirite ?

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

GankSinatra.2653

Yeah we’re denying that those are hacks not because they simply arent hacks, but that we are hackers ourselves. kitten you totally got me.

You seem a bit angry and not all that open to actual common sense arguments so whatever.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

It is possible to glitch on the maps and start the game out side the starting area. Has happened to me a few times. I didn’t cap anything even though my team was yelling at me to.

There are also some glitches at clocktower that let Thief’s move around much faster than they should.

Setnnex-Necro

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Yes, I’ve also seen this Thief Guild hack/exploit. There is definitely something fishy going on.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

There is a readily available (non-exploit, non-hack) technqiue for a Thief to summon 2 Thieves without using Thieves Guild.

1. Ambush Trap
2. Merciful Ambush

Thief goes to start reviving downed ally, automatically places a trap. Thief immediately places another Ambush Trap on top of it. Enemy then runs into the traps (trying to melee him, for example), and triggers 2 summoned Thieves at once, same effect as Thieves Guild.

so please please please can you verify that the player is not using a legitimate tactic? calling “hack” on something without proof is pretty terrible.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

There are so many ignorant people it’s ridiculous.

Just for example, today in the Mists chat one Necro was QQing about a Thief fearing him, not aware that it was a stolen ability and not a native Thief skill. On a related note, there was another person still convinced that stolen abilities are random.
Several days ago in a tournament, one of the players accused one of ours being a “bot” for teleporting from point to point and threatened to make a report, not aware that I was dropping Mesmer portals between points.

Conclusion – People will rage and QQ without getting all the facts straight.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Deadshade.5361

Deadshade.5361

I’ve played my fair share of tournaments and so far I have not seen any “hacks”. While this does not mean there are none; this game has tons of exploits and bugs, not hard to believe hacks are now a problem. I’ve heard someone talk about “speed hacks” which could be easily mistaken. As an elementalist I can have a perm 25% movement speed bonus from my traits, a 10% from a signet and then if there is a thief on my team using combo fields we can generate a 50-60 sec swiftness buff. That Sirs is a lot of speed for a long time and could be easily mistaken for a speed hack. However because of this post (and others before it), I’ll be keeping a closer eye out for any “hacks/hackers”.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

GankSinatra.2653

Sounds like you mad, funnier though, I wasn’t even directing at anyone but baddies got BU77 hurt. XD win win

0/10

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I’ve seen speed hacks in one game. It was a ranger, and he was pretty much moving at 10x my speed and leaping ridiculous distances.

He was on my side, but i still reported him.

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jerzor.8153

Jerzor.8153

On more than one occasion I’ve seen Warriors with Haste uptime into the 15-20s duration. Just last night I watched a Warrior run @ about +60% speed while using 4 Greatsword jumps consecutively. It was impossible to catch him after a shadow step, double arrow step, & Steal with my Sword/Gun Thief. I know they have 2 jumps, but don’t they have CDs longer than 1-2 seconds? :p

Hacking Going On in Tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

It’s possible to hack. Doesn’t mean there is hacking for this, or that this specific case is hacking. There are also in game ways to mistakenly think that someone is doing this as well, however. The internet is also full of lies and exaggerations in general too, so take everything with a grain of salt here. I think far too many people are too emotional on this subject.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper