Hacking warriors?

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I down one in 1v1.

I walk up to him in downed state and drop black powder to stomp.

He teleports to another location while in downed state.

What is this?

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You sure he wasn’t a warriourous thief? :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

swinsk.6410

100% sure he was a warrior. 100% sure they don’t “teleport” away from me until AFTER I drop the black powder.

I’ve seen even some warrior teleport 2-3 times while downed, not just once. During the match these players play normal.

I’m thinking maybe this is some sort of lag or packet hack…

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Rance Webster.2635

Rance Webster.2635

I down one in 1v1.

What is this?

Teleports, or raise up from downed stated?

If he just rose up, most probably 3th downed skill, just either wait until he dies (and don’t die yourself), or finish off his HP, he won’t go to downed state and die immediately.

If he teleported… I still doubt hacking (my warrior once got blamed for hacking by using fear in Skyhammer… “fear me” anyone?), so could be either an ally’s shadow refuge which puts him on stealth, the mesmer’s elite skill that puts stealth on anyone.

If not either, then I don’t have a clue.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I believe there is possibly a new exploit/hack that allows players to use other professions abilities.

There is a thread in the Engi forum about how to counter a particular Guardian.

Then he goes on to describe the encounter and the abilities used against him were most definitely Guardian AND Warrior abilities.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

Wait… if such a hack exists… I want to see it in action! :O, war-gua-nec-ren-ment-mes-thief-neer, GO!

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Velron.3729

Wait… if such a hack exists… I want to see it in action! :O, war-gua-nec-ren-ment-mes-thief-neer, GO!

I agree! Can you imagine the hotkeys? So many skills!

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

I would like the elementalist’s conjure weapons on my warrior, that would be epic :P.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Gunna give Blurred Frenzy to my MM necro.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Velron.3729

I’m giving Blurred Frenzy and Distortion to every single one of my characters. Godmode here I come! IDDQD!

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I’m giving Blurred Frenzy and Distortion to every single one of my characters. Godmode here I come! IDDQD!

I accept your challenge and raise my MM Necro to have Blurred Frenzy, Distortion AND Decoy.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

Screw you, I’m getting double blurred frenzy!

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Velron.3729

Screw you, I’m getting double blurred frenzy!

Well if you’re gonna go that route, I’d suggest getting 6. Then you can just cycle through them for perma blurred frenzy.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

swinsk.6410

He teleported while in downed state to another location.

Imagine the thief teleport on a warrior, exactly that like.

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Or maye the War player s not that good even in God Mode. Human can not control God..

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

swinsk.6410

He died, but then because of his hacking he was revived by a teammate and then I got killed by both of them.

The other guy who was doing it a few days died tho, but because of his hacking he was able to vengeance every single time.

I don’t know how they are doing it, but there is a teleport lag hack people are using.

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Talking about hack, a while ago, I don’t know when, a guy shows a hack on YouTube using Elementalist char using skill with NO Cd at all. One Dragon’Breath after another, Fire Graps after another Fire Graps with no CD at all. I don’t know if this is the hack you see him using?k

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

swinsk.6410

There was no one else around. This was in the middle of the boat on capricorn. The 2nd warrior walked in later and revived him because he magically ported over to the doorway where he could be seen from the inside where he was about to be stomped.

Cheats.

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Warriors should be allowed to hack. We are still very honorable to even consider playing our class!!

Cheating on Warrior is still more honorable than switching to FOTM after each patch.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Unsurprising it seems the only 2 professions to have alleged hacks are also the only 2 heavy armour melee professions. Nobody as yet has seen a necro hacked to pump up the stats a bit…or mesmer…or any other profession.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Come on… such counterproductive posts on this thread.

I highly doubt that it was a hack. Don’t disregard the other possibilities and immediately jump to the conclusion that it was a hack. If you saw it being done over and over again in multiple scenarios then I would grant that you might have a good case.

1. Most logical conclusion is that you were having an internet issue creating lag.

2. Some anomalies do sometimes occur in the game once in a blue moon. Perhaps you were witness to one of these events. Most notable one is falling through the ground.

Once on my warrior an engi used his big knockback skill a and another engi standing a little farther away used his knockback skill; this resulted in a death during the first knockback, but before my body could hit the ground it was launched again. The start of the knockback chain occurred on the bridge by Bear and the eventual point of impact was supposed to be the wall at the corner between the two bridges on the way to Raven. Instead my body went through the wall and ended up on the bottom floor below the bridge.

There have been similar instances a couple of other times on different characters. More often than not you fall through the ground to your death.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I belive it was lag.

Lately i had 3 to 10 sec of lag everytime i enter a PvP match (only). When people try to finish me they need to stomp me 3 or 4 times because they are never in the right spot.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Velron.3729

Unsurprising it seems the only 2 professions to have alleged hacks are also the only 2 heavy armour melee professions. Nobody as yet has seen a necro hacked to pump up the stats a bit…or mesmer…or any other profession.

No, but I have seen a Necro who speed hacks across the map in 3 seconds if he’s about to die.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Maybe he vengeanced and had runes of infiltration which gives you a couple of seconds of stealth. I used those runes (in pve a couple of months back) and they were quite buggy. Usually stealth activates at 20% health i think but often they activated after i was downed.
Also runes of vampirism gives mist form i think.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

swinsk.6410

He did not use runes and vengeance. He never got to vengeance because it wasn’t up. I downed him. I bp’d. He ported to the doorway. I ran to him and bp’d just as his friend came to revive. It was 100% a hack. No one else has seen this before in hot joins?

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I have actually seen a warrior do something similar to a thief shadowstep in the last couple days. I think it might have just been a speedhack that he turns on long enough to get out of range but it causes him to look like he teleported. Don’t tell me it was lag, I know the difference after playing MMORPGs since 1997. lol

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

There’s definitely some sort of teleport hack out there, most of the people I’ve seen using it play mesmer or thief as it’s less obvious I think (took me a bit to figure out what was going on anyways). Only seen it in WvW though, never in PvP… don’t run much hotjoin though, mostly just tournies, so might be a thing there as well.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

I down one in 1v1.

What is this?

You mean another class used the same cheap broken mechanics that carry you against you? Shocking..

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

I’ve heard loads of crazy hacks used in WvW (the goon squad particularly). Also the only downed ability I need is Hundred Blades.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I down one in 1v1.

What is this?

You mean another class used the same cheap broken mechanics that carry you against you? Shocking..

we should report every kind of hack, it’s for the good of the game.
do not start a flame war against thieves even on a thread about hacking

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: hackdZ.6352

hackdZ.6352

I’ve seen a few erroneous things like this lately as well. But it’s only been happening for the last few weeks, that, or I never noticed it before. ;p

- Warriors that can Teleport
- Rangers that vanish repeatidly as if they were dropping in and out of Stealth (Including pets)

Either there are some serious hacks/bugs around atm, or I am losing my mind.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Stealth.9324

I’ve seen a few erroneous things like this lately as well. But it’s only been happening for the last few weeks, that, or I never noticed it before. ;p

- Rangers that vanish repeatidly as if they were dropping in and out of Stealth (Including pets)

Are you the one behind this madness?

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: hackdZ.6352

hackdZ.6352

Are you the one behind this madness?

Perhaps I am

You’ll never catch me alive! Leaps from cliff

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Yes I can. With my power, I pause your net mid fall. This power I call upon, O mighty Hack God. LoL

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon Sickboy.6250

Simon Sickboy.6250

Do rangers have a mechanic that makes them invisible when stunned/CC’ed?
I know there are runes that can give stealth but yesterday a ranger I fought got like 2-3 seconds of invisibility every time I stunned him on my warrior.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I know there are runes that can give stealth but yesterday a ranger I fought got like 2-3 seconds of invisibility every time I stunned him on my warrior.

There’s a trait for it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon Sickboy.6250

Simon Sickboy.6250

There’s a trait for it.

Makes sense. Is there no CD on it? I swear I shield bashed and he went invis, then when he came out I Skull Cracked and he went invis again :S

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There’s a trait for it.

Makes sense. Is there no CD on it? I swear I shield bashed and he went invis, then when he came out I Skull Cracked and he went invis again :S

There is an internal cooldown for it of 30 seconds
- ( Hide in Plain Sight) Applies camouflage when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, or stunned. This effect cannot trigger more than once every 30 seconds.

The other option they have is this:
(Shared Anquish)-Incoming disables (stun, daze, knockback, knockdown, sink, float, fear, launch) are transferred to your pet. This effect can only trigger once every 90 seconds.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

I came across this a few days ago while playing around with builds in hot join.

There was a player on my team complaining in map chat about these 2 warriors teleporting around and “hacking”. Naturally I shrugged off the that player thinking he is just raging because he is losing.

But then I came across one of the accused hacking warriors in a 2v1 (him being the 1) on a side point. I had him immobilized and my teammate and I were whaling on him. Suddenly the warrior just vanishes. I whip my camera around and I see him on the other side of the area we were fighting, and he just runs away from the fight. I thought that was weird, then I kept seeing the warrior do it over and over on the next match when I was on his team. After that, I was sure he was cheating in some way.

Now after seeing this thread, I really think there is some form of abuse going on. I’ll try to get proof next time I come across it again.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

swinsk.6410

Klinch, thank you for confirming. I don’t understand why people have to cheat. Game is fun without it IMO. I’m also going to record it next time I see it.

Just another noob thief…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

Lay off the alcohol Swinsk… Poor warriors need all the help they can get

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

New warrior skill – The flying dragon. 10s cd

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

There are no doubt some hacks going on but the ranger disappearing can be explained. There is a trait with 50s? cd (not 100% sure about the cd as I’ve never used it) and also I remember seeing runes with a stealth upon the 6th bonus.
So 2 stealths can be explained. Also was anyone near the ranger? like a thief or mesmer or such?

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

replace all my skills with every professions biggest heal skills

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

If we’re going to talk about hacks, has any1 else encountered people that seem to always conveniently rally even if it seems unlikely that someone the had attacked got downed. I’ve fought people on points that are guy them and yet manages to rally JUST as he’s about to get stomped. It may indeed just be good luck on their point but I’ve also encountered an Ele or 2 that manage to rally twice in a row.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Aegis / Reflect in block trait? Sounds not too abnormal…

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Pretty sure they’d just stick with necro.
No point risking the dice roll and ending up with warrior.

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Could that be a weird interaction with lag and the trait that cleanses immobilize on using a mobility skill?

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I’ve seen this a few times myself. I’m not sure if it is lag or an actual teleport hack. The player teleports all over the place. For example I was chasing a warrior and he ended up teleporting to a completely different route. I’ve also seen him teleport while downed

Hacking warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Aegis / Reflect in block trait? Sounds not too abnormal…

I had never seen it before but it seems it was legit just took me by surprise.