Halloween pvp items drop from chests?

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

any dev can confirm if halloween pvp skins are dropping from chests like past year?

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Bumpppppppppppppp

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

i opened about 120 old chests and got a pumpkin dye. So who knows..

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

Nah, you have to buy it in Lions Arch from this Black Lion Weapon Merchant.

So no way to get it by playing PvP.

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

Django.5923

last year it was possible

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Why this year isnt possible?
I didnt have the luck from chests last year…

Too bad

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

can we please get official word on this for god’s sake?

everytime there are new items we are never told if they are or aren’t (safe to assume aren’t, but official word would be nice.) in the chests. Serioulsly.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Django.5923

We are fully aware of the problem of lacking communication and will pass this constructive criticism on to the team. keep up the good posts!

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

We are fully aware of the problem of lacking communication and will pass this constructive criticism on to the team. keep up the good posts!

GG

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

If you want skins you gotta buy em :o
Anet makes like 5-10 new skins every month they deserve yo money.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

You cannot earn any of the Halloween skins from PvP alone this time around. Once our progression/reward system is in place we will be in a much better place for dispersing gear for PvP accomplishments.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

You cannot earn any of the Halloween skins from PvP alone this time around. Once our progression/reward system is in place we will be in a much better place for dispersing gear for PvP accomplishments.

I kinda wanna ask when but I know the answer to that question it’s been drilled into my mind…

So instead; is there anything else about the rewards system you could give some substantial info about? ;3

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

This is so sad, so very sad. Absolutely no care for PvP events rewards. I wanted an item one year ago on the Holloween 2012, and now I thought that finally I have chance to get it, but it seems not.
Thank you very much ArenaNet for the PvP customer care. You are the best.

in PvP

Posted by: anoobis.6179

anoobis.6179

This is a huge kitten you to the PvP community, congratulations ArenaNet. You obviously know how to keep us around.

Mini Bruja | Wiitch [Necromancer] Pug Star.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

I have never encountered a game with such slow progress regarding its pvp community. How hard would it have been to make those items a reward in a ranked match chest?

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

dropping the bomb first, then suddenly “new forum conduct rules”.

Smart move indeed.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Smart move indeed.

^ haha, it’s official, this isn’t a democracy anymore.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

hopefully u then introduce a chance to gain all old skins!

whats so wrong to put pvp-eventskins in tourneychests now and not in several months? i mean u have all u need. u has the items, u has the skins, u has the chests.. all u need is changing the pool of possible items. is it that hard to implement that it cant be done before next year or do u dont want provide something in the meantime to the playerbase?

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Smart move indeed.

^ haha, it’s official, this isn’t a democracy anymore.

Well, I think we’re still allowed to yell at Anet for it, just not single out the employees.

Don’t kill the messenger lol..

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I have never encountered a game with such slow progress regarding its pvp community. How hard would it have been to make those items a reward in a ranked match chest?

For a organized, structured company mabye 2-3 months for designing and coding.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

CHILL GUYS, it’ll take it’s time but in the end it’s gonna be great and the waiting will pay off. Just like leaderboards!

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

And My Axe!

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

thanks for the answer, but wow that’s is unbelievably dumb

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Right now you can get the skins and bring them over. You do that by getting the tickets for the black lion weapons vendor.

I can’t release information on our rewards system we are working on but I can give big emote smiles about it!

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Right now you can get the skins and bring them over. You do that by getting the tickets for the black lion weapons vendor.

I can’t release information on our rewards system we are working on but I can give big emote smiles about it!

which means grinding pve the nexts months cause u dont want release a small improvement. pretty dumb if u ask

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I’m assuming you will allow pvp players obtain ALL the skins that have come out somehow because we’ve missed and entires years worth of skins that we could not obtain by doing pvp. If not then there are no smiles to be given

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

In other words…still nothing for pvp players…thank you, i don’t even want to complain anymore…and for sure not spending worthless words asking when the kitten this new reward system is going to be “in place”

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Understood ppl? Go buy those skins with the tons of gold you earned in one year of pvp…oh wait…..oh well you can still go pve to get pvp items….

SRSLY….

Oh and no need to suggest the right place to put your emotes in? Right?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Dunno maybe it’s just me but that emote sounds like a teasing.

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

And what about the event items that and are not on the Black Lion vendors? I have waited a year with hope (since Holloween 2012) and items are still not available in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This system will be retroactive for weapons we lost?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

CHILL GUYS, it’ll take it’s time but in the end it’s gonna be great and the waiting will pay off. Just like leaderboards!

Thanks for that, I spit out my water all over my desk.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Lol it’s almost like he’s mocking us. Not being rude, but no crap we can dish out 100 bucks , get it from the BLC and convert it to pvp… Everyone knows that.
Never knew a smiley face could kitten me off to this degree lol

Holycowow

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

I think sPvP in GW2 peaked last year.

The meta was best in beta and shortly after that.

sPvP was active, we didn’t have such prolific condition spam and we got rewards from holiday events for playing.

But for the last year it’s been downhill, numbers keep dropping, queue times increase and the game play becomes worse and worse.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

sPvP was active, we didn’t have such prolific condition spam and we got rewards from holiday events for playing.

But for the last year it’s been downhill, numbers keep dropping, queue times increase and the game play becomes worse and worse.

Devs have confirmed that the PvP population has risen constantly since launch.

Condition spam was strong in beta, engineer pistol bleed was twice as long. Engineers didn’t even take kits, they literally just spammed pistol 1-5. That’s it. After launch, we had a ridiculous burst meta and an equally ridiculous bunker meta before things evened out around the first of the year. OP bugs and traits/skills (mace block, juggernaut, smoke bomb, others) made things interesting—but only because not everyone had discovered the OP stuff yet. You never knew what you were going to run into.

Queue times have increased, unless you’re talking about team vs. team tournaments, which only popped in primetime (sometimes). Free tournaments were faster due to zero matchmaking/pugs vs. premades.

Ah, the yearning for the good old days…?

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Devs have confirmed that the PvP population has risen constantly since launch.

Condition spam was strong in beta, engineer pistol bleed was twice as long. Engineers didn’t even take kits, they literally just spammed pistol 1-5. That’s it. After launch, we had a ridiculous burst meta and an equally ridiculous bunker meta before things evened out around the first of the year. OP bugs and traits/skills (mace block, juggernaut, smoke bomb, others) made things interesting—but only because not everyone had discovered the OP stuff yet. You never knew what you were going to run into.

Queue times have increased, unless you’re talking about team vs. team tournaments, which only popped in primetime (sometimes). Free tournaments were faster due to zero matchmaking/pugs vs. premades.

Ah, the yearning for the good old days…?

Why is it ok for other classes to win by spamming 1-5 but engy’s can’t lol?

And yeah, I actually do prefer the old days. In a time where everyone one was OP in there own ways, made the game much more interesting.

It’s what I think is fun about DotA, they don’t completely strangle the fun out of all the abilities for “balance”, they let everyone be OP/unique and it balances itself out.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Why is it ok for other classes to win by spamming 1-5 but engy’s can’t lol?

Because if engies could do that, they would cease to be the same profession that I enjoy playing the most.

Also, everyone being OP in their own way is the perfect description of the game at the moment. I’m a bit uncomfortable with the power creep, but it is exciting as you say.

And I was really just pointing out that there are no “good old days.”

in PvP

Posted by: Conebeast.9425

Conebeast.9425

im sure there will be a hack out in the next few days to pull Halloween gear out of thin air

you know to go with the speed hack teleport hack infite energy hack instant rez hack infinite heal hack gcd reset hack thats has been out since kittening beta and nothings been done

has to be the biggest joke troll western mmorpg company ive ever kittening seen live it up cause you monkey devs aint ever getting another job in the industry after this kittening mess

in PvP

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

I believe this question specifically refers to items such as The Crossing, which were available in PvE as a crafted item and PvP as an item from chests last year.
This made perfect sense.

These items have come back as PvE items but as they were implemented before the idea of a skin that could be used in either PvP or PvE, it is my belief that the newly crafted versions of these items are PvE weapons only, as they were last year. The recipe itself didn’t actually go inactive until this September when the magic find patch came in and has now reactivated.

While this makes sense to me, I take issue with the following scenario:
These weapons have been brought back (and importantly, the mats that are needed are reobtainable) in PvE, but are not obtainable in PvP

I myself wouldnt be too irritated if the items that you craft have been changed, and are now skins, so they are transferable to PvP given considerable effort in PvE. I understand that its not the fairest way to do it and some people might be miffed by that, but at the same time Paid Tournament chests were a lot harder to obtain this time last year, and there needs to be some effort going into getting these skins.

Id be relatively pleased if they were just in the chests now, though I think its a tad unfair for the reasons I just mentioned. When you said right now you can get the skins and bring them over, I presume youre talking about the Bloody Prince Staff Skin and the like (I’m into staffs if you didnt already realise), but we’ve had no confirmation on the others availability. It would just be nice to know where you stand on those weapons

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I can’t release information on our rewards system we are working on but I can give big emote smiles about it! :DD

Omg, I’m gonna cry :’)

I can’t wait :D

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.