Halp! Deleting all Past PvP Dailies???

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Took the time and effort to put this together for constructive ideas to help the players of gw2!

please read fully to get a complete understanding of the constructive thoughts in this post thank you!

timeline of the events that occurred:

First time we hear of pvp glory removal, no date was given nor any indication it was anytime soon.
Player vs. Player Rewards Roadmap
by John Corpening on December 2, 2013
Updated Reward System

“We are not ready to discuss this system in detail yet, as it is still being developed, but more information will come as we get closer to being able to release this system.

Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game. All existing glory vendors will be removed at this time. We will give advance warning when this is coming so you can spend all of your existing glory before that happens."

Glory Boosters stopped being being sold in the Gem Store at February 11, 2014

I believe the next post is the first we hear of the glory boosters just being deleted and that this would happen on march 18th I don’t believe we were given a date before this: however, if I am wrong please post first time.

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

“No, the glory boosters will not be replaced, but they will be removed. The new rewards system is going to be awesome, so it should balance out. I realize that’s less than ideal, but it had to be done. " February 17, 2014 22:55

Unless there is mention of the date glory is being removed or mention of boosters just flat out being deleted before this, I would like to draw your attention to the dates.

feb 11 boosters stop being sold in gem store

feb 17 told boosters would just be trashed/deleted no compensation whatsoever 5 days “after” they stop selling them………seems legit or fair?

continuing on

tues feb 25th

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Q: Why aren’t people with glory boosters being compensated with different boosters or something along those lines?
A: We will not be converting glory boosters because we announced that we would be phasing out glory in John’s blog post and it wouldn’t be fair to the players that used up all of their boosters since then in preparation for it. However, players that spent gems to purchase glory boosters directly that have not used the booster will be eligible for a refund. For those that did purchase them, they can file a ticket here.

hmm

so we were told dec 2nd in vague detain that glory would be removed at some point in the future with no date.

feb 11 boosters stopped being sold

feb 17 we are told they will be deleted march 18th

so people saving boosters for free times like summer break from school or vacation from work get told in dec that there are plans to remove glory as a currency sometime in the future but not given a date or told any time soon; start using their 500-900 glory boosters casually lets say 1 or 2 a day given that they could play pvp a solid 1-2 hours every single day.

dec 2-march 18 = 107 days

lets go for minimum 500 boosters just doing dailies and ach chests

500/107= 4.67 hours pvp only daily

900/107= 8.41 hours pvp only every single day

we are people not bots we need to eat, sleep, some work, some have school. ect

not to mention other things such as sickness, unexpected issues, if you want people to enjoy other aspects of the game such as living story or rl things like friends, Olympics, socializing. yes these are not necessary except eating and sleeping and some school and work to pay for stuff that supports this game.

my point is the last post says:

" it wouldn’t be fair to the players that used up all of their boosters since then in preparation for it."

people that have been with your game since beta/3day head start of gw2 that have been saving these boosters by either working hard and diligently go collect them every day for the higher ranks having 500-900 you cant ask people to play 5-10 hours only pvp every single day we are not bots; how is deleting their hard work “fair” to them or is being fair to all your players not a high priority?

those that used their boosters got the use and glory out of them by using them, im not asking for anything free or unfair. I am not even asking for the glory that would have been gained by actually using the booster here look at this:

booster lasts 1 hour lets say 15 min game is 4 games every 1hour
if game lasts 15 min that’s 100 ex glory 100×4= 400 glory per booster minimum if used
even if you just rewarded half or less say 100-200 glory per booster you could let those that worked hard and diligently to collect these get something for their hard work!

thank you for your time and consideration!

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

…. sooooo you played pvp for the boosters?! sorry but this post is bullkitten. there is no reason to not use your boosters while playing, because you only get more glory, not rankpoints. (you can stack them btw to 10h)

I still have around 500 boosters left and i dont even care, if they get deleted lol.
I rlly dont get why people are crying about this.

greets

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I dont know where the post is, but they let us know they were throwing around the idea before christmas of last year.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I still have around 500 boosters left and i dont even care, if they get deleted lol.
I rlly dont get why people are crying about this.

So if you don’t care, nobody else should either, right?

in PvP

cerberus.1937

hmm lets try a different route glory = for pvp what karma = for pve I know pvp player base is small but how do you think pve players would react if suddenly they decided to drop karma as a currency then take away all karma you had earned from dailies of the past. remember back in the good days when dailies were giving karma jugs and they made that mistake of nerfing karma bonus in the amount each jug would give with bonus ( this is only boosted portion) That made such a fuss in pve they reverted it and gave them the time they needed to use them . All im asking is that we can actually use what we earn and if there is not enough time give us less than if we had actually used it, because one way or another we either had to earn it in game by doing dailies or paid for them in the form of bl keys or outright in gem store.

they want to treat their player base fairly right why should pvp get one of their main dailies just deleted when you know what a fuss that would make in pve?

double standard? I like to think not!

feel free to agree or disagree

if you agree with op then +1 maybe dev will notice and do at least something (probably not, but were staying positive here)

if you disagree or feel something in it should change state what or why

in PvP

cerberus.1937

oops forgot they were deleting crafting mats too so I guess all the work from pvp dailies is getting deleted.

why does anet treat its pvp players so badly? I am sure you would know how the pve players would react if you up and decided to delete all their past pvp dailies.

I can see it now karma is no longer a currency we will now be deleting all past karma those of you that saved it will lose that amount and those that spent it will go into negative kama you will have to earn your way back to 0 karma; the mystic coins and currency that was earned needs to go to as to be fair to pvp players (this would never happen but you get the point).

If you claim you want to be fair then do something fair that’s all we ask!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Yes cerberus you are right, nothing much we can do about it though.

I guess its easier to do this kind of thing in spvp because the currency and crafting items have little or no impact on the game economy and since at least some pvpers don’t focus on rewards or need them to progress in the spvp part of the game.

Of course it is still quite insensitive to spvpers, I just hope the new rewards are actually worth working towards.