Has Something Changed...

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: audkyrie.5096

audkyrie.5096

with soloq’s matchmaking system?

I lost 10 matches in a row today. Despite dropping from 700ish rank to 94% I am still losing games. Every match I play there is at least one person on my team who simply can’t compete with the people on the other team. That person isn't me.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky?

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

A simple question: that person that can’t compete whit other players… is you?
Only a joke, sorry ;-)

However, your team and your enemy team has the same chance to find a n00b or more by it’s side.
If you’re luky you find lesser n00bs than your enemy team. That’s all.

When the match begin try to make a little strategy, ask what’s the build of your allies and if you need play a role that isn’t really your but that you can do better than another player of your team.

At last try to curse yout enemy team players whit some woodoo magic. I’t work, sometimes!

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: NoNameNoob.9758

NoNameNoob.9758

Just more players from PvE joined the PvP after the last feature Patch
And maybe some PvE’ler are hyped for the WTS and started to play PvP

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

No, nothing has changed. You’re trying to evaluate a trend based on 10 games, which is ridiculous.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s soloq for you. Only thing you can do is just focus on doing your best and making the best plays. At the end of the day the only person you can rely on in soloq is yourself.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

There are a bunch of new players from the free trial period who don’t know how to rotate.

I was just in a game where a bunch of people thought it was a good idea to split 1 home, 1 mid, 1 chieftain, 2 svanir. What is this solo Q? Needless to say we were down by 100 points 90 seconds into the game.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’ve actually found that even as a solo player, going into team arenas results in much more interesting matches and more wins.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

It’s solo queue, and there are many factors which can lead to a lose. It happens that i’m losing 4 matchs in a row too.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Solo q has a lot of quirks to it. You can game it best by queuing when a lot of people of similar skill are playing. Then there’s resolving gaps on your team by rerolling. The matchmaking is hardly ideal currently, for numerous reasons, such as too many squishing on a team, 4v5s, outlier players (both low and high skill).

The thing about conquest is that a low skill outlier player impacts score a lot more than a high skill outlier player, from what I notice, but my perspective is limited to matches with lots of skilled players.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

If you lose that many games, and you’re still playing to the best of your ability, just chalk it up to a bunch of noobs playing and switch gears to doing something else. If I lose 3 games in a row or have a bad percentage for the day, I usually just do something else entirely.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Well, I switched to Staff ele to try something new today, and did my usual single team queue. Lost 8 games in a row… close ones, most of them.
I did think trying something new had to do with it. I admit I played ridiculously badly xd (lack of sleep? Is jus rly badd?)

Pugging is like this, don’t worry about it too much. You win some, lose some. If you are on a lose streak and it’s affecting you, take a break.
I hope you feel better now…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

More people seem to go to solo queue for now (queue ups were quicker for me a few hours back), but no, nothing changed.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

No, nothing has changed. I’ll take a look at your data tomorrow to see if anything might have happened.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

i know it wont work 3 out 4 attempts , but you should really try to communicate with the team on start by writting on team chat.
Tell what build ou play if its not obv , say where you go and the role u want to assume ( close , Close holder)
1 other very important thing @ soloq is : watching mini map a lot and try to anticipate where they are going to need hlp , which is not easy because lot of ppl loose 1N1 that they should not or team fight in their favor.

But the best advice has already been given , “at the end of the day you cna only rely on yourself”.SO dont take it too seriously and be aware that team Q is mych more interesting to play → make a team :p

Tapss

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

No, nothing has changed. I’ll take a look at your data tomorrow to see if anything might have happened.

could you take a look at my data as well, since i seem to win a lot of games in a row but never ever rise in the spvp ladderboard.
others win 3 games and rise to top100 with 20 played games, while i win 5 games in a row and my rating is even lower than before, so i am still stuck at the lowest of levels, playing with the lowest of lifeforms

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

welcome to my life
every time i get to 500-400ish i start to get those matches where it is 4v5 every match or i don’t have a single teammate that even thinks about going to capture any points no matter how much ask them

the best one was when some player said he was rank 1 (new to game) and didn’t know what to do (while everyone else was shark-dragon), eventually he rage quit the match out of frustrating of being killed every time he left spawn point

sitting in 4v5 rig now (or rather 3v5 since 1 thief decided to afk at spawn half way through the match) with 3 thieves on my team while writing this message~

i mean i personally couldn’t care less i guess, the issue starts when i lose like 8 matches in a row due to afk’ers, trolls and just bad match making so my mmr goes down by a lot… which results in me would facing those very rank1-20 players which would get obviously demolished… it is not fun neither for me nor for them and mostlikely cause new players to quit pvp and i really wish we actually had bigger community

surely you can’t just take pvp rank into account but i think adding ready button and putting at min rank 10 restriction for ranked would fix the matchmaking a bit

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

well blame your team if they are not enough smart to reroll when you have 3 thiefs.If you cant play more than 1 class , you should try to learn another one asap just for this and cuz of the meta/gamebalance that is mooving.
Tbh multiclass player are usually better players than mono class users , becuz they know the mechanics of what they are fighting ( assuming they already played this build) , and it hlps a lot to take someone down in a tf or 1N1.

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

well blame your team if they are not enough smart to reroll when you have 3 thiefs.If you cant play more than 1 class , you should try to learn another one asap just for this and cuz of the meta/gamebalance that is mooving.
Tbh multiclass player are usually better players than mono class users , becuz they know the mechanics of what they are fighting ( assuming they already played this build) , and it hlps a lot to take someone down in a tf or 1N1.

eh i have played other classes i just don’t trust thieves on my team, most of them are usually pretty bad and i need high moblity or bunker guard if i want to have any chance to win game

All is Vain~

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

eh i have played other classes i just don’t trust thieves on my team, most of them are usually pretty bad and i need high moblity or bunker guard if i want to have any chance to win game

There should be a test to play thief.. seriously so many bad thieves out there

At least once a day I get condition thieves on my team – so useless

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

there are bad players on every class, which is ok… the issue with thief particulary you want only 1 thief on your team and that thief has to be good… it is not exactly noob friendly class when it comes to pvp (in team effectivness that is)

condi thief is just bad and i wish it was deleted since it worthless for team and gives thief players bad habbits

also lol @ test to play a thief, just add rank restriction to do ranked games

All is Vain~

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

No the OP is right, something is very wrong with Solo Que as of about the last month.
You can play 10 Solo Que games in a row and repeatedly lose every match. I don’t mean just lose a match, these loses will be so imbalanced that the que feels almost rigged in the opposing teams favor, as if some of your players are purposely throwing the match or the other team has “all champion & legend titles” whilst the opposing team has all “combat medics & default armored characters”. I have personally seen extremely imbalanced Solo Queing happen for longer than 10 matches, at different times of day and any day of the week.

I don’t know if there is some method of tracking server joins in solo que “so they only join when they see each other and people they know” or a way to synch que “like the old GW1 RA synch methods” or maybe even people on multiple accounts that are somehow manipulating the leaderboards “too many methods to cover here that would be easy to do” but A-Net needs to look in to it.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

there are bad players on every class, which is ok… the issue with thief particulary you want only 1 thief on your team and that thief has to be good… it is not exactly noob friendly class when it comes to pvp (in team effectivness that is)

condi thief is just bad and i wish it was deleted since it worthless for team and gives thief players bad habbits

also lol @ test to play a thief, just add rank restriction to do ranked games

plz Justin listen to this . . . rank restriction will reduce a lot of issues we have now like:

- Less trash talking against new people learning.
- A lot more chance to get a fair match.
- New people will not feel that bad when they try to play SPVP for the first time.

I know the main issue is that the matchmaking will take longer, but you put a option to select between ranked and no ranked games and you will make a lot of people happier.

And probably this feature will increase the quantity of new people that plays SPVP.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s the new players from the trial period..

New players are actually rated somewhat highly in this ranking system, so you get matched with a total noob on one team vs an experienced vet with the same rank on the other.

Anyways the trial is over, and the new players from the trial are now more properly ranked for matchmaking purposes now that they have a few games under their belt.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I suggest to post here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-Coming-to-the-NPE/page/14#post4463695

And i agree, this fact (trial account and new player in ranked match ) is a strong contraddiction with the new npe system.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

as far as new players being ranked high goes, i really wish we had something similar to league divisions where you actually have to climb up and won’t end up playing vs diamonds right away

All is Vain~

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

no but srsly if you want to play thief in solo q before you click submit a warrior npc should spawn and if you get kittened by the npc the queue will reject you with the message “you are not prepared”.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

no but srsly if you want to play thief in solo q before you click submit a warrior npc should spawn and if you get kittened by the npc the queue will reject you with the message “you are not prepared”.

LOL

Love this please implement Anet

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

tanztante.6532

i support this 100%

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Bahaha this would be great. As for anyone else, it should spawn Svanir or chieftain. Can’t say how many games I’ve been in where someone either downs or dies to either of these fellas.

Säïnt

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

a few months back in 3 days i did over 40 soloqueues and won 1 single game.
i was in the 500’s and went down into the 90’s% i also asked A-net what was wrong and why was I being place in the same team with clearly less skilled players.

the answer was, nothing is wrong, every this is fine! and since then i never entered a solo queue again…

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

@audkyrie.5096
I took a look at your history but couldn’t find anything out of place. I definitely saw the 10 losses (11, actually) in a row, but there were no unusually MMR shifts that would explain the trend. On the bright side, it looks like you’ve been on a roll and have already made up the difference.

I’ll keep an eye on your account for a while longer, just in case.

@tanztante.6532
Your data looks good, nothing out of place. Let me know if you do see anything strange though.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: audkyrie.5096

audkyrie.5096

Thanks for looking into that, it definitely puts my mind to rest.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It’d be nice if we could see this data ourselves. Considering you have our MMR on-hand, why not just put it on the leaderboards? Every other competitive game I know of already does this.

remember what happend when people could see heir personal ratings/mmr in wow?
also remember why anet removed rank indication from scoreboards in matches?

simply put, it leads to nothing more than exploiting and griefing

All is Vain~

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

tanztante.6532

@tanztante.6532
Your data looks good, nothing out of place. Let me know if you do see anything strange though.

thx a lot man, so now i know it’s not my account.

wait, that leaves me to blame! NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

kidding aside, alright, i’ll look if i spot anything. although i don’t understand one thing about the matchmaking: how can people with 30/30 rating on my friendslist get on top 300, while i never seem to make any progress?

oh and yes, i tried to understand the system, i actually did get the math behind it, i just don’t understand, where the extreme amount of outliers is coming from, especially around the lower numbers. this is a regular thing that’s happening here, so the system from 10-50 games played is somehow flawed.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Volrath.1473

I told you!

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

nothing has changed same old boring conquest mode…….cant blame ANET dont know how to develop other game modes tho…..

AND HEY THEY DELETED 8vs8 most fun hot joins oh yeaaah

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Volrath.1473

nothing has changed same old boring conquest mode…….cant blame ANET dont know how to develop other game modes tho…..

if you like zerg vs zerg so much go play wvwvw

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

if you like zerg vs zerg so much go play wvwvw

To be fair, most leavers are either beginners or “ranked” players.

I previously suggested a split between ranked and not in soloQ. and a split to beginner 8v8 and advanced hotjoin 5v5. it would let beginners mess around with skills and mechanics.. (rush into mid without looking on a minimap or score etc)
and advanced beginners can join 5v5 when they feel they want to get more map awareness and see if they can improve.

Removing 8v8 was a bad idea because now the beginners must fight in a match where it will become obvious from second 1 if they had practice or not.. resulting in flames and rage quits most times.

let the kids play till they grow up and want to become “serious” in hotjoin and maybe even soloq.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

They can’t release a new game mode because the game is already balanced around conquest. Any other mode like TDM will be a disaster when you see it dominated by trash running p/d shadow art thief or pu mesmers.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

@tanztante.6532

thx a lot man, so now i know it’s not my account.
wait, that leaves me to blame!

i just don’t understand, where the extreme amount of outliers is coming from, especially around the lower numbers.

You’ve probably been Voodoo, who knows?.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

tanztante.6532

wha? vodoo? huh? this system is not vodoo, it’s based on an algorithm, and it’s public. you CAN and you SHOULD definitely look into it. it’s interesting.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

No the OP is right, something is very wrong with Solo Que as of about the last month.
You can play 10 Solo Que games in a row and repeatedly lose every match. I don’t mean just lose a match, these loses will be so imbalanced that the que feels almost rigged in the opposing teams favor, as if some of your players are purposely throwing the match or the other team has “all champion & legend titles” whilst the opposing team has all “combat medics & default armored characters”. I have personally seen extremely imbalanced Solo Queing happen for longer than 10 matches, at different times of day and any day of the week.

I don’t know if there is some method of tracking server joins in solo que “so they only join when they see each other and people they know” or a way to synch que “like the old GW1 RA synch methods” or maybe even people on multiple accounts that are somehow manipulating the leaderboards “too many methods to cover here that would be easy to do” but A-Net needs to look in to it.

I witness this a lot. My soloq is very streaky. When I lose I am often on repeated teams of people who cannot win a one on one. Many people on one team will be in default gear while the other team looks like the box cover.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Has Something Changed...

in PvP

tanztante.6532

i just played two matches of yoloQ, one i had someone from ESL in my team, the other was with smoozi from ilogic squad, the rest of the team had 30 matches in tq and sq COMBINED. enemies were from pwn and asdf and so on and so on. very flawed system, i tell you.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]