Hats down to oRNG! Best matchup for the night

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

You guys have balls to go out with a teef and a DH and actually doing good in the current meta Hats down!

Your comp reminded me of that insane Boston WTS tournament you guys made last year.

10/10 most enjoyable game for the night here in EU.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

True. The game was nice to watch. The interview was a little disencouraging tho.
How do you deal with the supposedly strongest thief? Just ignore him.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

True. The game was nice to watch. The interview was a little disencouraging tho.

Yeah I’ve followed Sindrener a lot; learning tips from vids and having playing few games with him while climbing the ladder has been eye opening. (random matchmake)

Just watching that precision in blowing up meta builds was gr8 m8 Not to forget the combo teamplay they did with Tage. Fantastic!! xD

But yeah, counter thief by ignoring them. Very very sad. I actually figured that out on my own just playing the game.

The teef has become too elusive and its kinda hard to lock them down if they dont want to die and the damage is … meh? I mean .. sure … 3k backstab hurts. Necroes and other metas hurt a lot more though. So if you have to prioritize just attack the more powerful classes/builds and the thief will supposedly backpedal on all the AoE

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If there’s anyone that can pull off thief in pro leagues, it’s Sindrener.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I was rooting for oRNG for not playing meta comp….unfortunately meta is too stronk

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Was a fun game indeed. The others were snoozefest material.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

They had a good team comp for aggression, but they were unable to keep their caps. That is why the current meta is absurd: the sustain of all classes, including the damage dealers, is just OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

You interpreted that from your own point of view. I could propose that he meant that thief is so strong because it has such insane mobility that there’s no use in even trying to counter it.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

You interpreted that from your own point of view. I could propose that he meant that thief is so strong because it has such insane mobility that there’s no use in even trying to counter it.

No it was literally ignore him because he’s inconsequential.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

lol, sin went for a +1 on forest with tage on a scrapper and nearly got insta downed from just the residual AoE of scrapper hammer skill spam.

how far classes like scrapper and revs are ahead of the abused/ignored middle child melee classes like guardian, thief and warriors are is insane.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Meanwhile Anet pretends that revs/scrappers and co. are fine~

Back to topic: definitely enjoyed watching Sind playing. Hat down.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I was rooting for sind too! Did well considering.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Where do you watch there’s matches?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Asrat.2645

https://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/61394877
1st about 2:30, 2nd at 4:00 (rather 3:56)

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Was nice to see some non-meta builds, but as expected, they lost: Guess thats why the builds are non-meta.

I think the builds have potential, but you can’t just use them against whatever comp you like.

I mean: I can see the DH of TagĂ© doing well, but maybe if there’s 1 less direct counter on the team. For example if the enemy team has no scrapper.

I liked to combination of DH and Ele though, I can see this comp holding on against 3 players while the other 3 highly mobile dps-classes collapse on a point.

in PvP

Posted by: Notimik.3589

Notimik.3589

Can only agree most enjoyable match this round!

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Surely an entertaining match. Thanks to oRNG for giving us a good show. Best wishes to all of them.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Zelda.6325

1. Sindrener was all but inconsequential. You couldn’t be more wrong.
2. The best way to counter thief (exception mesmer portal) is to ignore it because you can’t outrun it anyway. If he goes for a decap the better play is this often to not follow. This does NOT mean that he is inconsequential. I’d argue tage was less helpful.

Saying that, of course thief is not as good as the meta professions (scrapper, rev, reaper, mesmer, tempest). That goes without saying.

(edited by Zelda.6325)

in PvP

Zelda.6325

lol, sin went for a +1 on forest with tage on a scrapper and nearly got insta downed from just the residual AoE of scrapper hammer skill spam.

how far classes like scrapper and revs are ahead of the abused/ignored middle child melee classes like guardian, thief and warriors are is insane.

Yeah he got caught in slick shoes afaik. Which is one of the few things you can’t dodge out of.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yeah it was good to see some deviation from the metas it’s just a shame that Rev, Scrapper and in some ways necro were so strong against DH and thief.

I also felt Baenz wasn’t that effective whether that be because of team comp, lack of play time together or whatever. I think a class with some support and sustain might have done better in his place. It seemed that whenever Sindreneer went to decap they had trouble keeping the outnumbered fights stalled till he came back especially vs the classes I mentioned above.

Anyway, well played to them all, I think Sindreneer and Tage being on their main classes really suited them and made the games much better than trying to play the meta.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I was really impressed by oRNG and the first time in GW2 ESL history I was taken by the game. So sad they lost but I must say best match ever.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

I don’t want to take anything away from the guys we played against but we had no expectations whatsoever coming into this, we are more or less just playing this PL season out hence why we went on other classes than meta to put on a show, we were expecting to get 500-0 more or less.

Also it was the first time we played with Skovo/Baenz who we just asked to help us to get 5 players, we were also not using TS. I’m still glad we did this, it was also very enjoyable for all of us even if we lost in the end

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Infernaeus.8473

Infernaeus.8473

I don’t want to take anything away from the guys we played against but we had no expectations whatsoever coming into this, we are more or less just playing this PL season out hence why we went on other classes than meta to put on a show, we were expecting to get 500-0 more or less.

Also it was the first time we played with Skovo/Baenz who we just asked to help us to get 5 players, we were also not using TS. I’m still glad we did this, it was also very enjoyable for all of us even if we lost in the end

Wow. No TS huh? It’s amazing you guys did pretty well with non meta classes and with no TS. Hats off to you dudes. The logo shall prevail.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

you are a hero we dont deserve :*(

in PvP

bluri.2653

Finnish people are antisocial by nature – Mancow2k15

in PvP

Zelda.6325

Finnish people are antisocial by nature – Mancow2k15

I am offended and i feel finnish

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

That explains a lot, thanks for the insight and in light of this new information I can only say well done to you all for giving them such a run for their money.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

That was a rather impressive match specially given your constraints.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Azukas.1426

2. The best way to counter thief (exception mesmer portal) is to ignore it because you can’t outrun it anyway. If he goes for a decap the better play is this often to not follow. This does NOT mean that he is inconsequential. I’d argue tage was less helpful.

Saying that, of course thief is not as good as the meta professions (scrapper, rev, reaper, mesmer, tempest). That goes without saying.

I’m not taking anything away from the fella. You’d be hard pressed to play thief better than he did.

BUT

I said he was inconsequential b/c once they figured out w/e he does doesn’t matter in the outcome of the match they put a whipping on oRNG. It has nothing to do with his personal performance and EVERYTHING to do with the state of thief in today’s game.

That being said i will say bad form on the saying you weren’t using TS. We don’t need to know that and you should honestly keep that stuff to yourself. Either way I finally enjoyed a pro season match. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

the matches with oRNG were the best interesting , fun and enjoyable matches since the HoT launch

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

How can you say that he didnt matter allthough he was the reason for plenty of decaps and serveral enemy teamwipes.
They did against CC nearly better than TCG and Sindreners thief was reason NR 1.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Azukas.1426

How can you say that he didnt matter allthough he was the reason for plenty of decaps and serveral enemy teamwipes.
They did against CC nearly better than TCG and Sindreners thief was reason NR 1.

Because they figured out that if they just ignore him they’ll win. You can’t say someone was of importance if the other team IGNORED him the entire match and WON. It’s just not logical.

Now I was hooting and hollering for their win with everyone else. I WANTED oRNG to win. When they lost I was actually upset b/c the big bad meta won and the oRNG freedom fighters lost. I just wish they never figured out that ignoring Sin was the correct thing to do…..would have been pandemonium with a oRNG victory.

in PvP

Asrat.2645

It kinda proves what we have been saying all along. No matter how useful you can make a thief, how much you rotate and how hard you try, in the end of a day a profession that has to avoid fights is not viable in a competitive enviroment.

But anyways. I’d all day rather watch an interesting matchup of people who play their own classes instead of some meta blop that is only the typical league performance on higher level.
They may not won, but for me as a viewer those matches were more memorable than the finals are probably going to be.
From this thread and the reaction of the commentators I believe many feel the same.
You clearly saw everyone just wanted them to win, it was truly beautiful.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

It kinda proves what we have been saying all along. No matter how useful you can make a thief, how much you rotate and how hard you try, in the end of a day a profession that has to avoid fights is not viable in a competitive enviroment.

But anyways. I’d all day rather watch an interesting matchup of people who play their own classes instead of some meta blop that is only the typical league performance on higher level.
They may not won, but for me as a viewer those matches were more memorable than the finals are probably going to be.
From this thread and the reaction of the commentators I believe many feel the same.
You clearly saw everyone just wanted them to win, it was truly beautiful.

This is why I argue for overall game balance where all classes are viable based on player skill. For some reason Anet has lost track of this goal and how it actually brings excitement over their game to the table.

That being said I do have to admit that, as a mesmer main, PvP games are just much more exciting when you have thieves in them. IDK why IDK how, but they just bring something to the viewers pleasure that the meta classes don’t. Same thing with Power Shatter Mesmers too.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Because they figured out that if they just ignore him they’ll win. You can’t say someone was of importance if the other team IGNORED him the entire match and WON. It’s just not logical.

Now I was hooting and hollering for their win with everyone else. I WANTED oRNG to win. When they lost I was actually upset b/c the big bad meta won and the oRNG freedom fighters lost. I just wish they never figured out that ignoring Sin was the correct thing to do…..would have been pandemonium with a oRNG victory.

Yes Im pretty sure they won because they “ignored” him.
Sorry but thats just a dumb statement and only here because the opponents said something like this in the Interview which is just super untrue imo simply because they didnt ignore sinds thief. Its not even possible to irgnore someone as long as he is present. They had to recap decaped points they wiped in teamfights and they died when sindrener played +1. Nice “ignore”. There may be 100 reasons they won the game but not because they ignored sindrener.

Nobody of you would have ever said that they ignored the thief if the enemy team wouldnt have mentioned sth like this in the interview where the people just say something to make a quick response to the question.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

bluri.2653

I’m not taking anything away from the fella. You’d be hard pressed to play thief better than he did.

BUT

I said he was inconsequential b/c once they figured out w/e he does doesn’t matter in the outcome of the match they put a whipping on oRNG. It has nothing to do with his personal performance and EVERYTHING to do with the state of thief in today’s game.

That being said i will say bad form on the saying you weren’t using TS. We don’t need to know that and you should honestly keep that stuff to yourself. Either way I finally enjoyed a pro season match. Thanks.

That’s why I said I don’t want to take anything away from our opponents, I just wanted to explain why some things might have seemed strange (communication wise) or rotation wise from our side, it was mainly due to this, no disrespect whatsoever towards anyone. In some weird sense I think that actually made us play better than with TS because calling out bad rotations might have made the games worse.

(edited by bluri.2653)

in PvP

Azukas.1426

BUT

That’s why I said I don’t want to take anything away from our opponents, I just wanted to explain why some things might have seemed strange (communication wise) or rotation wise from our side, it was mainly due to this, no disrespect whatsoever towards anyone. In some weird sense I think that actually made us play better than with TS because calling out bad rotations might have made the games worse.

Yeah this is the intrawebz…..don’t really work that way. I wouldn’t have said it b/c I know how I would have looked regardless of how I meant it.

in PvP

Zelda.6325

Yes Im pretty sure they won because they “ignored” him.
Sorry but thats just a dumb statement and only here because the opponents said something like this in the Interview which is just super untrue imo simply because they didnt ignore sinds thief. Its not even possible to irgnore someone as long as he is present. They had to recap decaped points they wiped in teamfights and they died when sindrener played +1. Nice “ignore”. There may be 100 reasons they won the game but not because they ignored sindrener.

Nobody of you would have ever said that they ignored the thief if the enemy team wouldnt have mentioned sth like this in the interview where the people just say something to make a quick response to the question.

Exactly. I agree.

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

The thing is this, and Asrat has been trying to make this point I believe, that the only way a thief can have an impact in the way we are meant to be played is if the enemy actually makes the mistake to dedicate resources to you.

Unfortunately once you realize that the thief is less impactful decapping and +1ing than an extra player in the team fight will be, the thief loses it’s legitimation.

The only way to make thief matter is to break out of the preconception of only decapping and +1ing fights and to actually participate in team fights like you would with another class. In order to do so, you need to be willing to accept that people will blame you for any lost fights, because they expect you to dodge fights altogether. Alternatively you need to be able to read the fights much better than everybody else and actually outperform the enemy.

I have 3 thief accounts on legendary on EU, 2 of which are accounts without HoT and I believe and subscribe to the latter mentality. I will be going for team fights and win them, which is the only way to carry matches. If I need to do it with a thief, so be it, it definitely beats playing my own mini-game of decapping and 2v1ing poor souls (as if only thieves could 2v1) and being almost inconsequential to the outcome of the match.

Disclaimer: I am not claiming that I have carried all of my matches to legendary on all 3 accounts. I have done my share of carrying and fully realize that you need team mates that allow you to win matches and matchmaking is out of your hands.

(edited by Slim.3024)