Have you stopped playing the league?

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m wondering how many people currently posting on the forums have called time on the league after a little over a week?

After a day of games, and unenjoyable win’s/losses I’ve called it quits.

Good luck to everyone still playing in the league.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: ranciddy.8243

ranciddy.8243

I’m having a great time with PvP. I’ve not been able to play as much as I’d like to, and I’m having no problems progressing. In 5 games I was able to go up 2 tiers in Sapphire playing a class I’m just learning.

Looking forward to having some time this weekend to commit to PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

No I haven’t stopped the League.

Yes, I have had bad teammates, who after the game (won) I asked, he said that was his 2nd match with Reaper (explained the bad positioning). But overall, it’s better than S1.

Also, a lot more people are switching to new professions for the achievements after they reach Ruby/Diamond. So be ware of more bad match making.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Yes, I have had bad teammates, who after the game (won) I asked, he said that was his 2nd match with Reaper (explained the bad positioning). But overall, it’s better than S1.

Must’ve been a balanced matching then, who would’ve thought.

To answer OP: for the moment I’m just playing the 3 daily matches and that’s it. I’ve better things to do in life than playing vs a stacking, kittened algorithm. Like ramming my head on the wall corner, way more enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Still playing earned two tiers in sapphire yesterday, standing at tier 4.

To OP, I know this feels unfair and believe me I’ve been on a losing streak 2 times to get to this place, but I notice a difference the more I play even If the system is bad.

Remember with this system good TEAMS will go higher, good solo players will reach mid tiers (ruby/diamond)

Casual players will on average get to ruby with a lot of hardship and effort.

Keep on it and don’t give up.

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Just want to get to ruby and ill stop. 60+ games in sapphire 5.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well…my personal goal is to claw my way (kicking and screaming if necessary) into Diamond…so, still gritting my teeth and pushing through atm. Limiting myself to the 3 games for the daily on weekdays (if I log in at all) and we’ll see how the weekend goes.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I LOVE the system, and have had the best/closest matches against 10 equally skilled opponents I’ve ever had. However I’ve stopped playing because every day another 500 people convert to necro. I’m not playing anymore until something is done to dissuade 8 necro matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Forlt.6207

Forlt.6207

I stopped too, right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

I’m done with spvp. Last season I had a 50/50 win/lost ratio. Now I don’t even count my losses anymore it wins to hours. Played 6 hours straight won 3 matches in that time. Just gonna play 3 matches a day and that’s it till they fix this garbage. Hey anet I was gonna buy that new glider but not after this bs and you can check my 2 accounts on how much I spend. It’s on freeze till I have fun again in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

Startet Leagues playing alot. Went spirale down. Reducer gametime 90 % went om necro doing around 0 to 5 matches a day. Glose to 0 mostly. Winning om necro so will propperly balance out agin from all the loss at some point.

My only regret is That i did NOT choose to NOT play the first 14 days. Them all the Pro could eat all lows and average would still be average.

It feels like tings Are gradually better. But omg i still hate the match ups Were the who expected to win is so clearly

in PvP

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I’m calling it quits too as of now, started ok, but now after 200 games I’m stuck in t3 emerald with lose after endless lose. last game a guy left so we ended 4 vs 5. so yeah, I’m done. meta is awful too. There is no balance. Only thing I get out of the game is anger and rage, one has to step back and ask “why?” why am I putting myself through this pain and torture? it was meant to be for the fun of it……… ha no more I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Ovi Caloni.1853

Ovi Caloni.1853

Í quit.
I made it to legand last season with almost only solo q. Was not easy but possible. But this matchmaking right now is just broken for me. Anet hates people doin solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

I stick to daily now, because everything else aside a game should be fun, and this season is anything but. Losing xx-500 isn’t fun, winning 500-xx isn’t fun, playing with random people who don’t understand the basic mechanic of gw pvp isn’t fun.

Personally I liked the fights more, the games that even when you had lost 498-500 everyone left saying gg, knowing it was a game well played. In this season for me it was just stomps on either side mostly with a lot of flame & hate in teamchat during the match (no matter if we were winning or losing).

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Update: I made it to Emerald T3! Woohoo! I know, not that exciting, unless you’re me.

Of course, if I have to keep putting up with people like I ran into last night, I might just go postal on someone.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Halfway through Sapphire I started getting really good games and it has continued into Ruby. Very good season so far.

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

Games are games… they should be fun fun. Challenging, of course, but fun. This game just isnt’ fun anymore. The brief moments of satisfaction are drowned out by hours upon hours of frustration.

I love challenging and rewarding games… this is definitely not one. It is such a shame to see a good friend quit yesterday. He is also not the only one who I know quit because of how bad this game has become.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’ve actually noticed that in a lot of cases people at Ruby are some of the worst players in the game. The reason is not their own personal skill, but they’ve grinded so much that they only know how to play one way. They can’t adapt to the flow of the game.

They won’t ever make it to Diamond.

It is odd.

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

If this is what have to expect from season 3 again, I may as well skip it as soon as I get my wings this season. Almost there anyway…just 1 more division.

That said,

Halfway through Sapphire I started getting really good games and it has continued into Ruby. Very good season so far.

I’ve actually noticed that in a lot of cases people at Ruby are some of the worst players in the game.

It is odd.

How can experience of two players playing the same game in the same division can be so diametrically opposite? Looks like they are playing two different games altogether assuming both are stating their experience truthfully.

My take on this ruby situation is this.. people grinded up to unlock Year IV achievements; and then they realized they have no further up to go or they don’t really have to. But, they need to finish the achievements w/ different classes to get the wing. So, I believe, most people are doing this at Ruby as only a few unlocked year IV in Sapphire and very very few in emerald and amber.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

in PvP

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I’m enjoying playing with my thief. If I have a bad night I just call it after a couple of games and pick it up the next day. If I quit every game after a few bad days or even a week I wouldn’t have any online games to play.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I’m wondering how many people currently posting on the forums have called time on the league after a little over a week?

After a day of games, and unenjoyable win’s/losses I’ve called it quits.

Good luck to everyone still playing in the league.

i still play, i am doing much better than last season. I didn’t have any incredible winning streak, but i am winning more consistently. I only play 2-4 games per night and always go to bed with more pips than what i had.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Still playing Ranked but less..

I play PVP in GW2 because it never used to feel grindy.

This feels insanely grindy now though. You can get stuck in a spot for ages – then the win streak God steps you up the next Threshold. You didn’t suddenly get better, you just got better matches. Too random.
Two equal skilled players could have the same win rate and MMR – yet one could progress and the other go nowhere, simply depending on the order of the wins and losses and the way you win and lose pips and can’t be demoted down through certain thresholds.

Rank is supposed to represent player skill – it didn’t in Season 1, but atleast the games were generally evenly matched and everyone felt like they could progress.
Rank still doesn’t represent player skill in Season 2 – this is much worse because that’s basically ALL season 2 is about.

In Season 1 the best players still held the top spots but it didn’t feel as special because players were able to achieve high ranks just by dedication. The best players still got where they should be, they just didn’t like being challenged ALL the way there and didn’t like sharing it. Sounds harsh – but I don’t even think it’s a particularly unfair complaint.
Personally though I think the cost of trying to make the top players have an easier journey and feel like special snowflakes is too high, and alienating too many people.

Clearly Season 1 OR Season 2 isn’t the answer. If they could have both those game modes they’d be closer. Unranked doesn’t cut it because it’s unrewarding so people aren’t invested in it enough. As such people are in there mucking around, trying new classes, new builds, experimenting etc.

First whiff of a decent alternative to GW2 that I get into… it’ll be a final fairwell to a game I’ve had a lot of enjoyment from if things don’t start to FEEL better.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Red Alert 3 had a mission where you could destroy the HQ of Electronic Arts. Anet should make a map where players have to defend Anet main building that is being attacked by one group of players who want to destroy it and defended by another.
PvP population might get a brief spike out of, if nothing else, the hatred toward the anet devs who pretty much rip off of everybody of their money by luring them into this cesspool of a game.

I think what he’s saying is:

“Yes”

in PvP

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

It’s really interesting, actually. I have definitely improved in terms of personal skill since last season, even with the changes to certain professions. I have a better sense of strategy, better understanding of multiple professions, and better reflexes. I have had some good matches both winning and losing where player skill and sportsmanship were at good levels. The season is definitely helping me to become a more skilled PvP player in both sPvP and WvW encounters (e.g. knowing builds and how they tend to be played, how to adapt to the map, etc).

I have also had some atrocious match-ups (also on both winning and losing sides) that have been stressful to the point of physical pain. I am currently stuck between the first and second tiers of ruby, bumping back and forth on a 50/50 win-loss ratio. That is not a consistent 50/50, mind you: some days it is 75/25 (or worse) in one direction or another. With the removal of things like the “no pip loss for close loss” mechanic, it is difficult for me to advance, and I plan on reducing (or ending) how much I play in ranked after I log at least enough dailies to finish up T3 of the achievement (I might play a bit more just to make some headway in T4 so it will be easier to complete next season).

Frankly, the achievement is simply too time-consuming and too frustrating to be worth a serious investment on my part. Additionally, the fact that some of the achievements seem to contribute to a “binge playing” behavior (e.g. accumulate X wins in a single day) just is not good for my health, especially with the odds being fairly good of encountering plenty of “toxic” players along the way. I will treat this as an opportunity to develop my senses of patience and delayed gratification.

in PvP

Posted by: rozer.8042

rozer.8042

yep i stop play

in PvP

Posted by: John Kemp.2736

John Kemp.2736

I haven’t stopped why would I with anets amazing league system. I mean season 1 was ok but season 2 man its the best game ever. between the perfect class balance and superb matchmaking I dotn even know what I expect next; especially since its now the most watched and played esport. I literally cant see the next logical step.

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

I don’t dare play unless I have a full group of my friends on otherwise I log out and play Smite or Dota or League. Solo q in this game is a joke. I wont waste my time or money on gw2 anymore though.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Im ruby now, and tired of this flawed matchmaking so as of now ill just play when i feel like it.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

So I dont get the backpiece… after 3 days of hell, getting matched with scrubs against premades… loosing and winning alternately all the time making progress impossible, no matter how close the win… no matter how unfair the matchup… no matter even if there’s been a kittening afk on my team, or a dc…

Im done. Season two finished what Season one started. Im done with gw2 pvp. Probably done with gw2 in general, since pve is even more of a grindfest.

As long as anet tries to force quick solutions onto absolutely GAMEBREAKING problems (powercreep, matchmaking, no soloqueue) … so long will PvP get worse and worse and worse and worse…. dont waste any more time on something so kittening broken, just because you lived with it for years already.

It will keep on getting worse, that trend has been absolutely obvious for a year now. There will be no “fix” that actually fixes anything. There hasnt been a fix in over 1.5 years worth mentioning.

Read the writing on the wall… and leave rather sooner than later, otherwise you will bite yourself for all the time you wasted on an absolutely broken game.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

Yeh they drew us in with the AP and backpack and made it achievable for everyone.

More of us could have enjoyed ranked pvp, outside of the rewards, if they addressed any of the problems with the gameplay we mentioned during season 1. However we could still ignore all that to get the rewards. Now they’ve changed their story and we can’t get it without an incredible amout of grinding while other people sail through. No plans to fix except a flimsy promise for next season after they screwed us over.

Anet you can have a well deserved screw you too.

in PvP

Posted by: DoingDaMinimum.4530

DoingDaMinimum.4530

1st season of ranked in this game. Made it to emerald with a hard slog thru many matches; taking a break for now but might jump back in. I gotta say tho that unranked has far better matchmaking. That last ranked match I had with a team full of mesmers and me a thief makes me wonder if any type of fix is on the way.

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

uninstalled.

can really not understand why it can take so long to ballance classes. Warrior and Thief trash. and class stacking matches all day. frustrating and not worth it. ill enjoy the summer and see you next vinter.