Heads up or what?

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

Why hasnt anet fixed spvps problems? Were almost 2 months in now and theres still huge gamebreaking problems imo, just to name a few big ones

-No hot join 5v5? like what the hell? 8v8 is just a massive zerg fest and when i want to play an ACTUAL pvp game i have to do a tournament against much better people running premades… Its a joke. Its not like making half the servers 10 player cap would be hard…

-Elementalist downed state – STILL ridiculously underpowered. I dont have to comment on this one.

-The point system? Rewards selfish play, and doesnt reward defending or supporting. Makes everyone in hot join run glass cannon builds and the whole thing becomes a zerg fest. I recommend gw1 points system, where glory is done by team.

-We have to PAY to have a server? On a game we already bought? That’s just stupid. I dont know the details on this and i dont want to know, because having a server for just you and your friends should never cost anything.

-Raid of Capricorn is the worst map ever created in any game. Ever. Still waiting on an option to not play it that doesnt cost money, like owning a private server.

-No ranking system? I dont know if this will be implemented soon or ever, but it needs to come for this is be a competitive game.

-I heard they’re putting in k/d ratio? I hope thats a joke on a game like this.

These are just some of the problems i can think of off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s many more. The balance is pretty good though, i suggest anet takes a step back from balancing (after ele downed state gets reworked) and focuses on some other problems.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

-We have to PAY to have a server? On a game we already bought?

you have to PAY for an add-on. It’s like your cellular dataplan. You have the base fee and if you want to add 4g lte, you have to pay extra.

Yes you have to PAY to have a 4g LTE, on a phone plan that you already bought.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

Some good points, except maybe for the having to pay for a server. They need to generate revenue somehow because programmers working on improving the game have to be paid.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

“They need to generate revenue somehow because programmers working on improving the game have to be paid.”

Because 2m game sales x $60 wasn’t enough? Unless they pay their developers in Bugatti Veyrons, I am missing your point..

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

3m x $60 = $180m

Gems for server pale in comparison.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

“They need to generate revenue somehow because programmers working on improving the game have to be paid.”

Because 2m game sales x $60 wasn’t enough? Unless they pay their developers in Bugatti Veyrons, I am missing your point..

N-O--S-U-B-S-C-R-I-P-T-I-O-N--F-E-E

Honestly… it costs money to simply run the servers we’re playing on 24/7 pay the groups that are updating the game, and all the staff in between. The revenue from those initial sales will run out, and this game is supposed to carry on. Anet has just given us the option if we would like to help out or not with buying gems.

And yes… you missed the kittening point.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: AnthonyZdravko.2051

AnthonyZdravko.2051

Except that’s what the gems are for, people spend more money on gems than a subscription fee, i can bet money on that one.

They don’t need to milk us for things like a private server.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Because 2m game sales x $60 wasn’t enough?

3m x $60 = $180m

Gems for server pale in comparison.

You can’t take $60 x # of sales and proclaim it all profit, business 101. That money fills the hole in Anet’s pocket from salary already paid when developing the game, it pays for marketing, it pays for boxing/distribution, as well as many other things. Its not as if each game nets them $60 in pure profit.

Gems and revenue from server rentals, on the other hand, ARE 100% pure profit…

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Selfish play is rewarded in the short term, but will lose you a match over a team game. Rewards for defending would be nice but I tend to run near the glory cap anyway, so I fail to see what the gain would be.

If you want to play 5v5, you have tournaments with a token entry fee.

If you want to play what random arenas used to be, well… yeah, that is a different beast than organized PvP. You will never have the same strategies work when you remove the team component.

Unles there is information I haven’t seen yet… the fees for custom arenas are all speculation from the line “You rent a custom arena.” by Jonathan Sharp. Rent says nothing about the form of currency used. It could be gems, it could be gold, it could be glory, it could be influence or unidentified dyes or 4-slot account-bound bags. Nobody has said anything about this yet and I expect that influence or glory will be the currency of choice, not gems.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

First of all let me say I like very much Raid on the Capricorn. It’s a fun map. People just don’t understand how Ruins is important.
And second:
I don’t understand the usage of the word “kitten”. I’ve seen it used as a transitive and intransitive verb, adverb, adjective, sometimes as pronoun. Why people keep stuck with the first silliest fashion they see?

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

@ saboth…. kitten is anets sense of humor. It is what replaces inappropriate words.

Also @saboth, capricorn is not a good map. It essentially makes it so you have to cap the ruins first or avoid it all game and work really hard. It is the worst secondary mechanic in that it is hardly even a secondary mechanic. The third point IS the secondary mechanic. That’s not really good design.

About server cost, keep in mind that if servers were free, everyone would have one making it either a huuuuuuge list or limiting it and having to listen to people constantly complain about not getting one. Why not charge a little for it to help solve the problem?

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Prancer.5680

Prancer.5680

Everyone understands how important the ruins are in Capricorn, They just avoid capping it for two simple reasons:

1. Water combat sucks
2. Winning doesn’t matter

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

@ saboth…. kitten is anets sense of humor. It is what replaces inappropriate words.

Also @saboth, capricorn is not a good map. It essentially makes it so you have to cap the ruins first or avoid it all game and work really hard. It is the worst secondary mechanic in that it is hardly even a secondary mechanic. The third point IS the secondary mechanic. That’s not really good design.

About server cost, keep in mind that if servers were free, everyone would have one making it either a huuuuuuge list or limiting it and having to listen to people constantly complain about not getting one. Why not charge a little for it to help solve the problem?

Thank you for clarification. I though it was some new silly internet fashion.

Anyway I don’t agree: I like water combat and I like that map. Again: if your opposite team get Ruins it is just silly to go alone.

Instead we can argue it’s not worth recap that point again but this is a flaw in the point system, not in the map itself.

The problem is people talk about mechanic and tactics in a skirmish mode with random player… maps are designed to be fought together, as a team. But if your team go randomly around the map mindlessly how can you think to win?
I’ve seen players avoid to ress other players and go straight to get the kill of a low health enemy or avoid to cap a point even if it’s just in front of him. In sPvP (actually) you can only farm or train your builds.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Diage.6451

There are half a million reasons I can say its not a great map, my favorite of these reasons is the fact that every map was designed so that you captured points, and on top of that, there was some secondary objective that helped you to win the game besides capping the points. Capricorn is not that way. It is the only map in which one of the three points IS the secondary objective. So, holding one point means you both gain the points for that AND as well as the extra benefits from the secondary objective. That is just bad design for a map in general.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Do people forget about the cannon/Elixir of Heroes on the ship? I bet the Elixir is designed to help ward off sharks for the decap at least.

Underwater combat has its problems, but I personally like what they tried to do with Capricorn. It may not work for people and is therefore considered “bad”, but I’d rather see them try and fail with maps than do the same old song and dance.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Diage.6451

No, try and fail is why you beta test something. You should never, ever release something to paying customers that is not to the best quality you can provide.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

Why hasnt anet fixed spvps problems? Were almost 2 months in now and theres still huge gamebreaking problems imo, just to name a few big ones

-No hot join 5v5? like what the hell? 8v8 is just a massive zerg fest and when i want to play an ACTUAL pvp game i have to do a tournament against much better people running premades… Its a joke. Its not like making half the servers 10 player cap would be hard…

i can agree 110% on this one for sure.. its boring having a pug with all sub optimal classes face off vs guardians mesmers and engineers and burst elementalists.. with team communications the moment you are 1 on 1 and it goes bad there way bam you got 3 people more on you..

might not be that bad if it happens 1 time but running in 3 or 4 pre mades the first match in 5 games and losing badly is not really building confidence for the pug community.. and this is just some random matches i run this evening.. it has barely anything to do with skill anymore..

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

Is Capricorn poor quality, or do you just not like it? I think it’s fine for a fun map. It has no place in a competitive environment, and as a result, it isn’t in the tPvP rotation.

People take losing so hard, even in scenarios designed to just be fun, that incorporating new/interesting mechanics is always going to be dangerous. Personally, I almost wish they would create a map where the third point is in the middle of a large minefield that randomly blows you all over the place, just for gigs. Unfortunately, hot-join PvP is serious time, so I’ll have to stick with the serious maps people decide are best.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Prancer.5680

If it’s not fit for tPvP, then it isn’t fit for the game.

Why does sPvP hotjoin have to be full on derpmode? What is there to do as a mostly solo player?

The map actually hurts my enjoyment of the game, and lots of others. Everytime it pops up I want to leave the match. If tPvPers don’t have to tolerate it why should anyone else?

Tell you what lets make it fair for everyone, put it in tPvP aswell, I enjoy ruining other peoples fun too.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

If it’s not fit for tPvP, then it isn’t fit for the game.

Why does sPvP hotjoin have to be full on derpmode? What is there to do as a mostly solo player?

The map actually hurts my enjoyment of the game, and lots of others. Everytime it pops up I want to leave the match. If tPvPers don’t have to tolerate it why should anyone else?

Tell you what lets make it fair for everyone, put it in tPvP aswell, I enjoy ruining other peoples fun too.

So leave the match. It’s hot-join. It means absolutely nothing, and people can repopulate any server they want at any time.

Eventually, it’s possible an FPS model will fully form with custom arenas, and you’ll get your public customs for guilds or what-have-you that only include certain maps in the rotation. Then you can join something that guarantees your favorite maps.

Until then, perhaps we should calm down. It’s one map, and it’s highly avoidable with absolutely no actual consequence.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Prancer.5680

I don’t like quitting which is why I don’t, even if im losing 0-500. I try to learn what I can from a losing game and just enjoy the fight. Nothing is gonna make me so mad that I just ragequit…. except maybe Capricorn. heh

I want to win, I don’t play to fill up purple bars. I play to have fun and win. I thought this game was designed for people like me. I’ve been mislead, owell

So when Capricorn pops up I know exactly what will happen… I’m going to go alone to the ruins even though I despise water combat, because no one else will. If the other team completely ignores it I can move on. If some poor sap from the other team goes for it then I know the rest of the game is going to be dueling in the water with clunky combat and sharks. The downed state is 100x more annoying in the water.

People abuse the water, using it as an escape tool if they own it. It saves teammates lives and forces ninja cappers to take more direct routes to the beach/dock. It’s not only a winning objective, it’s a strategic asset. It’s the strongest capture point in the game. Once owned it is easy to defend. How can I ignore it?

At the end of the day, it forces people to participate in possibly the worst aspect of the game: water combat. Most PvPers don’t enjoy water combat, so that makes it a bad map in my opinion.

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’m gonna love K/D ratio on my Elementalist. 0 kills / 5 000 000 deaths. Not cause a I’m a bad player but because I run one of those builds that don’t get 1 shot, the support / bunker that can’t do any damage to kill anyone lol.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Heads up or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

@TGSlasher, with staff ele spam aoes on the point / on yourself when theyre melee and things will die and you will get points.