Heart of Thorn is better than Path of Fire

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Scrapper can play many roles.

I’d argue that Scrapper only has one role: being a side-point duelist that has the added advantage of quickly resurrecting targets when it does occasionally stumble into a team fight. It doesn’t bring as much support as a Tempest does nor does it bring as much damage as Heralds or Reapers do, but it can cause a lot of grief over a neutralized side point and easily rope-a-dope a 1v2.

What Holosmith brings to the table is a specialization that actually has a good deal of cleave damage and spike potential. It’s a far stronger team fighter than Scrapper is; it just requires a bit of support from its allies to be most effective, which is fine. Glass cannons aren’t really supposed to be self-sustainable.

I think a Holosmith with a pocket healer/banana rider covering their back would be quite formidable. In fact, if a Holosmith traits to run super speed on their Holo Leap, they can actually work in tandem with a Scrapper to help with their sustain at the same time through Rapid Regeneration.

Running two engineers in Heart of Thorns was a seriously bad time, but a Holo+Scrapper duo-queue has real potential to be viable. This, I think, is what you’re neglecting to consider.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Lmao, Holosmith can do HIGH BURST with LITTLE CONSEQUENCE, both range or melee, both condition or power.

Holosmith can utilize ANY WEAPONS or BRING ANY UTILITY because it doesn’t lock you in anything. You go F5, have your fun, then go back to your original playstyle until the heat goes down. It’s a free berserk mode that’s stronger than berserker.

The F5 has insanely high range burst, melee cleave, cc, stability, leap that does 10k damage, and so on.

Have you really seriously tested Holosmith?

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Archer.4362

Archer.4362

You have not used the mesmer if you say they are just as balanced.

Chrono is 100% better

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

" – Holosmith got better damage??? But any class can go for high damage build. "

HaHaaa… cries in weaver

in PvP

Aomine.5012

" – Holosmith got better damage??? But any class can go for high damage build. "

HaHaaa… cries in weaver

Try “Scepter/Focus Weaver” with “Fresh Air trait”

Scepter/Focus Weaver does high burst damage

I suspect as much.

Personally I think Sword is not a good dps weapon.

I think fresh-air build really shines with just 3 sec swap cd.
Use your elite to make a even faster lightning burst.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Scourge >>>>> everysingle necro build/spec out there that ever existed….

your point op ??? its funny how you skipped the necro…

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Scrapper >>>>> Holosmith
- Holosmith got better damage??? But any class can go for high damage build.

You’re the only person that is not happy there is finally an elite alternative to being a Scrapper meat shield. Turn that frown upside down, sunshine

Dragonhunter >>>>> Firebrand
- Firebrand got better support??? But there are many other class that can support better.

Yes, Dragonhunter is god like compared to Firebrand so far, especially in personal survivability which is what counts. Dragonhunter counters most (95%) of PoF.

Herald >>>>> Renegade
- Herald trait line and Dragon stance are way better.

Yes, Herald is still extremely viable, and everywhere on the map at once in the right hands. Renegade is crap on a stick right now, zero personal survivability and I haven’t even been hit by one all demo weekend due to each one dying before getting the chance.

Chronomancer = Mirage
- Mirage and Chronomancer are well balanced.

No, and the rest of the experienced PvP community will near unanimously agree that Mirage misses the personal survivability of Chronomancer’s shield and has fewer conquest playmakers like Continuum Split&Eliteskill & Shield #5. It’s objectively a downgrade so far in PvP, maybe new methods of using Mirage will change that in the future

Berserker = Spellbreaker
- Berserker and Spellbreaker are well balanced.

No, Spellbreaker is the evolved form of Berserker – way more relevant with boon rips, way more survivable, able to kite and live 1v2 vs. nearly anything better than any class I’ve seen so far. Able to fit in more mobility. Berserker is only as good as his ability to land Skullgrinder, while very strong Berserker is just not nearly as versatile and useful as Spellbreaker.

Holosmith is the worst PoF elite spec

Scrapper
-Scrapper can do decent damage if you take Marauder/Paladin
-Scrapper can evade while doing leap finisher
-Scrapper can block and Scrapper can AoE stun
-Scrapper can remove condis and reduce incoming damage
-Scrapper can CC from 1500 distance
-Scrapper can go into stealth and reset the fight
-Scrapper can Revive and Finish from long range
-Scrapper have access to superspeed, protection,stability,lightning field and etc.
-Scrapper can heal back up very fast
-Scrapper can survive 2vs1 for very long time
- etc. etc. etc. etc.

Holosmith
- Holosmith can do High burst damage
- And what else??? Oh yeah!!! Holosmith can do High burst damage

But the other 8 class can also go for High burst damage build.

Holosmith cannot play bunker.
Holosmith cannot play support.
Holosmith cannot play assassin. (Daredevil and Herald are better assassins)

With the DPS meta, all Scrapper does is exist on a side node and surviving – carry potential only if you’re able to survive an assault by 2 or more people, relies on enemies misplaying. You can’t really count on reviving, it’s not a role anymore unless you can pull it off. Scrapper can’t support anymore than Holosmith, (Healing Turret and Elixir Gun are core Engi) which is sad.

Holosmith can be an extremely mobile +1 similar to Herald and it has way huger teamfight carry potential than Daredevil. It’s not inferior to either Herald or Daredevil in carry potential, just arguably survivability.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Blood.5607

Blood.5607

Scrapper >>>>> Holosmith
- Holosmith got better damage??? But any class can go for high damage build.

Dragonhunter >>>>> Firebrand
- Firebrand got better support??? But there are many other class that can support better.

Herald >>>>> Renegade
- Herald trait line and Dragon stance are way better.

Chronomancer = Mirage
- Mirage and Chronomancer are well balanced.

Berserker = Spellbreaker
- Berserker and Spellbreaker are well balanced.

Holosmith is the worst PoF elite spec

Scrapper
-Scrapper can do decent damage if you take Marauder/Paladin
-Scrapper can evade while doing leap finisher
-Scrapper can block and Scrapper can AoE stun
-Scrapper can remove condis and reduce incoming damage
-Scrapper can CC from 1500 distance
-Scrapper can go into stealth and reset the fight
-Scrapper can Revive and Finish from long range
-Scrapper have access to superspeed, protection,stability,lightning field and etc.
-Scrapper can heal back up very fast
-Scrapper can survive 2vs1 for very long time
- etc. etc. etc. etc.

Holosmith
- And what else??? Oh yeah!!! Holosmith can do High burst damage

But the other 8 class can also go for High burst damage build.

Holosmith cannot play bunker.
Holosmith cannot play support.
Holosmith cannot play assassin. (Daredevil and Herald are better assassins)

Firebrand is the second worst PoF elite spec
- Dragonhunter’s Wings of Resolve and Shield of Courage are way more valuable than those Firebrand Tomes.
- Dragonhunter Traps are way more useful and Firebrand Mantras are useless

Renegade is the third worst PoF elite spec
- Herald trait line and Dragon stance are way better
- I cannot find any reason to choose Renegade over Herald

All these new PoF elite spec are hard countered by Dagger/Pistol Daredevil
Dagger/Pistol Daredevil will stomp all these new PoF elite specs

Heart of Thorn elite spec are better for pvp
Path of Fire elite specs are fun to play but inferior in pvp

Good job deleting previous post on the Engi spec… kek. Also Scourge is NOT balanced. Its op as all hell

Power Rev Main (But Ventari best)|Wanting to Buy Gift of Masteries + 77 clovers for 700g! Pm me

in PvP

Posted by: santso.9201

santso.9201

Druid is way better than soulbeast at least. Even if you want to be yolo zerker lb, druid gives much better sustain and soulbeast doesnt give enough dmg to compensate sustain loss not using the druid.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Everyone complains about power creep, and the day we all find out there really isn’t any more power creep to come, everyone complains.

PoF classes shouldn’t be better overall, period.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Holosmith is best pvp spec in pof followed by deadeye and spellbreaker.

Scourge is best spec in wvw.

Havent tested mirage nor soulbeast.

Firebrand is trash in all game modes except in part which we do dmg to golem (poor guy).

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Everyone complains about power creep, and the day we all find out there really isn’t any more power creep to come, everyone complains.

PoF classes shouldn’t be better overall, period.

I agree to a point but the new elite specs should bring something to the table the other elite and core of that class don’t have. This isn’t always true with the PoF elite specs and some utilities, heals and elites are objectively worse traiting or not than core skills.

I’m not saying they need to be stronger but they need to be equal or at least have a niche.

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Well scrapper is great spec to pvp. He don’t have any big weakness. Look at DH…he use blocks and if you load skills with unblockable effect – you win (or cc). Scrapper combine offense and defense together which is pretty strong and still (even if I only play scrapper in plat/legend every seasson) I think that he is a bit OP. Holosmith looks more balanced at first impression. Selfish spec with heavy dmg. Every pof spec looks more balanced then starter hot specs.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

You can easily trait or slot some defensive abilities as a holosmith from base engineer.

Just like daredevil uses defensive mechanisms from base thief.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in PvP

Aomine.5012

I dont think Holosmith can replace Daredevil
I dont think Holosmith can replace Herald

Daredevil can insta teleport to target and insta CC
Holosmith cannot insta teleport to target and cannot insta CC

Holosmith burst damage is very strong
but its easier for Daredevil to land the burst damage
because Holosmith cannot insta teleport to target and Holosmith cannot insta CC

Daredevil have access to Stealth and many many evades
Daredevil can survive with Marauder/Berserker amulet
Herald have access to many defensive mechanics
Herald can survive with Marauder/Berserker amulet

Holosmith lacks defensive mechanics
It is really hard for Holosmith to survive with Marauder/Berserker amulet

Playing Holosmith felt like gambling
Flip a coin – Heads – You carry the team , Tails – You make your team lose
Daredevil and Herald are much more reliable investment

Don’t make me laugh.
You can go in F5 without any prior resources, and have access to high damage leap , high damage range attack (#4 = Rapid Fire of ranger, except HALF the channel time), and quick aoe CC that also does high damage.
There’s no risk or hindering mechanic to prevent a Holosmith’s burst.
All 5 skills activates quickly, have range burst and physical burst, can go either power or condition burst, can combine with any other weapon you like to use, etc. (P/P, Rifle, anything )

Heat mechanic is by far the easiest resource to manage over every other classes.
It does not reset upon death like Life Force / Astro-form.
It does not reset to zero out of combat or right after a burst like Adrenaline.
Go in any time you like (maybe right after cc), use your burst, then revert back, simple as that.

You can also grab alchemy / elixir to have very strong cleanse without sacrificing anything. People acted as if getting Heatmode is a trade-off, but it is not.
You got 5 utility bars and 2 other trait line to enhance your defensive ability.
Saying Holosmith lacks defensive mechanic is like saying every other non defensive specialization lacks defensive mechanic. (Soulbeast, Renegade, Deadeye traitlines barely have anything defensive to offer, and all require other traits from core class)
It’s just a silly argument.

The engineer community looks like they’re deadly afraid that their op spec will get nerfed and try to derail the real situation.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

The biggest problem with Path of Fire is it doesn’t seem to be trying to add anything useful to the game. GW2 PvP suffers from extreme spam issues and thus needs abilities that can counter and punish mindless spam better. The only new specialization to do this seems to be Spellbreaker, the rest are just random extra junk.

Take Renegade for example: interesting mechanics and new toys, but Revenant still suffers from poor choices in condition spam countering.

It seems like rather than understand the game and what could help it anets game designers just came up with ideas that “would be cool” rather than ideas that are actually needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Four of current core specs are irreplaceable.
Daredevil(Top predator), Chrono(Best utility), Scrapper(Great support + top duelist), Tempest(Best team support).

Doesn’t look like any of the PoF spec can challenge these spots. Even druid(a bit weaker than scrapper but better mobility) is better support than any of them.

The only shining PoF specs are damage dealers(holo and scourge) or a duelist(spellbreaker). Other specs have nothing to offer.

in PvP

Posted by: Toan.7326

Toan.7326

Who even designed D/D Warrior or tome Guardian lol ? I just died while I was watching preview. Yes, HoT is a lot a lot better than PoF for me.

in PvP

Aomine.5012

The biggest problem with Path of Fire is it doesn’t seem to be trying to add anything useful to the game. GW2 PvP suffers from extreme spam issues and thus needs abilities that can counter and punish mindless spam better. The only new specialization to do this seems to be Spellbreaker, the rest are just random extra junk.

Take Renegade for example: interesting mechanics and new toys, but Revenant still suffers from poor choices in condition spam countering.

It seems like rather than understand the game and what could help it anets game designers just came up with ideas that “would be cool” rather than ideas that are actually needed.

Scourge also gets huge aoe boon corruption, but it adds more cancer to this game than currently, and it’s even more spammy.

It’d be crazy is there’re someone that support the Scourge in a team fight.

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Scourge also gets huge aoe boon corruption, but it adds more cancer to this game than currently, and it’s even more spammy.

It’d be crazy is there’re someone that support the Scourge in a team fight.

I think a tempest + scourge would be crazy.

Scourge has 4 sec CD to convert 2 conditions to boons and can pump out barrier for both himself and teammate. Tempest now doesn’t need to worry about waste healing on shroud.

Even if tempest went down, scourge can now use sand well to port away and tempest just mist form through it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Chrono is 100% better

I say Mirage and Chronomancer are almost equal to each other

because

Mirage has better mobility (Mirage can close gap and leap away very often)

Mirage has more CC

Mirage has more evades

Mirage dodge duration is 1 second (Chronomancer dodge is 0.75 seconds)
(Mirage is the only class that has 1 second dodge
every other class has 0.75 second dodge)

Mirage dodge breaks stun and removes conditions
(This means Mirage can remove Stuns and Immobs every 10 seconds)

I think that you are looking at numbers on paper. From experience, Mirage is in no way equivalent to Chronomancer and is a little inferior to core Mesmer.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Chrono is 100% better

because

Mirage has more CC

Mirage has more evades

I think that you are looking at numbers on paper. From experience, Mirage is in no way equivalent to Chronomancer and is a little inferior to core Mesmer.

After testing Mirage myself. I came to the same conclusion. But hey it looked cool, right?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Chrono is 100% better

because

Mirage has more CC

Mirage has more evades

After testing Mirage myself. I came to the same conclusion. But hey it looked cool, right?

In all fairness Chrono set the bar insanely high…

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Chrono is 100% better

because

Mirage has more CC

Mirage has more evades

LOL, so many of his original comments are just wrong.

Mirage has more CC? What? He is counting sword 0.25 sec daze that almost never connects? And now you compare this to F5 moa or F5 gravity well.

Better mobility? I will give you that if you use sword. But that is just one weapon. Chrono has passive 25% speed boost.

Mirage has more evades. True with more vigor access. But nothing ground breaking when you look at what daredevil got over base thief.

Mirage dodge 1 sec durationg? Just plain wrong. Shows he didn’t even try this profession. Mirage dodge has the exact 0.75 sec duration. What gives 1 sec evade is the new mirage mirror mechanics. And we all know how useless the skills and traits are that spawn these mirrors.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Chrono is 100% better

because

Mirage has more CC

Mirage has more evades

In all fairness Chrono set the bar insanely high…

Well, it did ruin pvp season 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

First, Chrono didn’t ruin Season 1. It got monster nerfs.. ANET even went so far as to “emergency nerf” in direct contravention of stated policy.

Second, Season 1 isn’t a good comparison for much of anything. It was ruled by smurfing and “less than optimum” matchmaking.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I guess i should have said proleagues. It was the worst thing i have ever seen in pvp competitive matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I am just waiting to see if they can do justice to thief. They die in 5 aa from DH at 1/2 second cast time.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game