Heart of the Mist Design

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

With the changes of April 2014 patch, I’m wondering if there will be a change to Heart of The Mist in the future? Quiet frankly, I never liked it since beta and I feel like it’s necessary to address this issue now.

Now I’m not sure with the history of the heart of the mist, but from what I see it looks like a run-down war zone that’s been through a lot. It makes sense. It’s a PvP zone after all but there’s something about it that I just don’t like and here’s why.

From a design point of view, the current Heart of the Mist has all the essentials that every player has access to. However, there are areas I feel that need to be improved, changed, or modify.

Click Below

First I will isolate the current map with what we have and know.
Then I will list things that could be a possibility.

1. PvP Lobby
This is the primary hub that many pvp players and travelers are very familiar with. They spent majority of their time here. The key component that makes this area great are the following:
- PvP browser
- Portal to Lion’s Arch; now Gendarran fields
- Tournament Master
- Profession Trait Trainers
Add: In-game PvP leaderboard
either through pvp browser tab or a board-object that will state it
Possible issues: Slow down on database server due to traffic

Wardrobe Banker only
Show a list of all possible skins unlocked or not obtained yet. Similar to how the normal banker functions except just the Wardrobe.
Change:
One Merchant
Condense all the tabs into one NPC, now that the armorsmith, weaponsmith, and Sigil masters are useless due to the new easy-to-use PvP Builder.
———————————————
2. DPS Trials
Now currently the area is filled with a lot of Golems for players to test their skills, but I feel like they’re limited in their potential use.
Add: Target Golem Sign
Primary function of this, is that it will tell the players the Health of Light, Medium, and Heavy Golem. That way, players can tell approximately how much they’re doing.

Damage Breakdown
Exactly like the Death Breakdown in normal pvp. But I will go in detail with this on Number 4.
———————————————
3. Artillery Practice
Honestly, I find this area a huge waste of space but this is subjective because people can dispute why it ‘can’ be useful. I won’t argue, however, I would like this area to be modified slightly.
Add: An Underground/cave or mountainside Jumping Puzzle in Heart of the Mist. Utilize the vastness of the area. Also not only in number 3 but possibly in other areas of Heart of the Mist.

A speed Buff NPC to allow players to run to target areas so they can become live test subjects, and also open up more area of target.
———————————————
4. Combat Training – Sparring NPC
Currently the combat trainers are okay to alright as they are. However, I’d to see a Damage Breakdown somewhere. Similar to a Death breakdown to see how much damage was inflicted on you after death. This Damage Breakdown works in the player’s favor and tell how much they did to the NPC. I don’t see any possible problem adding this one because it utilizes the Combat Log.

Also it would be nice to see variety types of Profession NPC Such as tank Guardian or Damage guardian, but that’s just wishful thinking.
———————————————
5. Underwater Combat Training Area
Now known as the Orbin Ruins. With the removal of underwater combat in sPvP, I can see a potential use for this area in the future. Dueling
Change: Duel System
By possibility typing ‘/duel @’ Both Players will engage in a bow then commence a duel with one another. However, I can see problems with this as I’m thinking both players become hostile with everyone else. So this technical part is beyond me. I can’t think of a way to figure this out, sorry.

Add:
- sPvP Leaderboard
- Wardrobe Banker
- Target Golem Sign
- Damage Breakdown
- Duel System
- Jumping Puzzle(s)
- Speed Buff NPC for Live Target Practice

I’m leaving this blank for now, but I want to see how well this post will go before I engage in a re-design concept of how Heart of the Mist can possibility look like. I can sketch out some concepts and lay out NPC placements.

Attachments:

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

(edited by Bluee.1425)

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like all ideas except dueling. I believe that it is not necessary for this game as it’s focused on capture points. People have to understand that 1v1 fights off points are not important.

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Bluee.1425

Well they did made a new map entirely devoted to fighting only lol

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

WTB a bank, mystic forge, TP.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Yea, they removed mystic forge for that dumb thing that nobody will ever read or care

and there’s no bank no TP.

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Bluee.1425

good idea, forgot to add Mystic Forge back!

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Bluee.1425

Bumping this up once.

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I like all ideas except dueling. I believe that it is not necessary for this game as it’s focused on capture points. People have to understand that 1v1 fights off points are not important.

What about 1v1s ON capture points

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Posted by: overlow.2980

overlow.2980

Well aside many people complaining of the unification of pvp stuff, i’m not one of those. They just forgot to unify it more, as forgetting to add stuff that is now essential for pvp player to the mists, aka TP and bank, really annoying to go get your new weapon from gendarran fields or maybe wanting to put some of your newfound loot to bank for waiting to be transferred to another character. Those functions should be able to be used from the mists.

And yes I’m aware that you can join pvp maches from anywhere in the world, whoever you are only able to modify your build in pvp thus if needed to get new weapon (that is usefull outside of pvp, and maybe save some charges on actually good skin) you have to get out of the mists which is pretty annoying

(edited by overlow.2980)

Heart of the Mist Design

in PvP

Bluee.1425

Aside from the map design, I think there needs to be more variety on stats choices and mixing.