Heart of the Mists Megaserver?

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Will the new system introduce also Heart of the Mists Megaserver?

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

With the launch of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’ll be activating the megaserver system on our level 1–15 maps, main cities, and the PvP lobby.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

Holt kitten, this is amazing.

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

This will be awesome. It’s been a long time since I’ve had some long discussions in the pvp lobby, definitely a welcome change!

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

With the launch of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’ll be activating the megaserver system on our level 1–15 maps, main cities, and the PvP lobby.

Is this ligit? Where did you find that quote?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Is this ligit? Where did you find that quote?

It’s from today’s article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

anet has outdone themselves very awesome /clap

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Awesome, this patch keeps getting better

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

With spvp small population, we should be able to the entire of NA in 1 spvp lobbey and the entire of EU in another lobbey…lol

Oh the fun we will have…

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Confirmed! I’m pretty excited for this.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

With spvp small population, we should be able to the entire of NA in 1 spvp lobbey and the entire of EU in another lobbey…lol

Oh the fun we will have…

I agree. Now if only the was a patch coming soon, that gave a reason for 99.9% of the fanbase to consider doing SPvP because the sPvP isn’t separate from PvE anymore and actually gave decent rewards.

I mean IF only.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This is exactly why the rank change is a good thing. tPvP groups can’t discriminate by rank like they did all throughout the days of Heroes Ascent in GW1. Now all they have to do is fix the leaderboard so people can discriminate by that or else some guy that was in the 30th percentile who hasn’t played in 3 months who gets 2 random wins via carry and launches himself all the way to top 500 status and gets on a relatively good tPvP team and then gets cussed out by all the classy top tier players for being terribad.

I think I liked it at first and then talked myself out of it, but I am not sure.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

That’s pretty awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Patch is keeping getting better but without reworked leaderboard still not enough.

Can’t wait for a league-like system

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

::excited::

Sooo which part of HotM is going to become the new Bank Steps of LA? Most worlds’ lobbies aren’t really busy enough to have such a thing yet, though folks on Gunnar’s Hold tend to congregate around the rubble between forge and training gate, or on the ledge above that next to the amulet vendor. What’re other worlds like?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Good news!

But i hope there won’t be so much lag :\

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Awesome, indeed! A step in the right direction, for sure!

Did you consider that the league status (in addition to friends, guilds language ….) of a player could also have a value when choosing a map-instance of the Mists for a particular player? That would bring people of the same skill together in one instance.

Although I see that this could lead to elitism somehow i like the idea!

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

The amount of trolling that will happen in map chat . . . will be immense.

edit: Just thought about the amount of rage building up for the rank 5 that decided to soloq and did nothing all game

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Probably the most exciting thing I have heard for the megaserver actually.
I look forward to learning new tricks to take back.

I hope ANET gives an indication in their blogs on the size range (population) they will be shooting for on each map. Love to know how massive versus manageable the size will be.

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Mists chat after the patch

Attachments:

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

guys can you stop it with the leaderboards thing?

After the good-vs-bad team fix, they ARE working, only problem is totally new players are still put too high at 50%.
What killing the boards is ZERO rewards, so no one is actually trying and bad balance, which causes low population.

Anyway, GREAT news, a more lively mists map will be awesome for finding new pvp friends and showing off some skins.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

kitten…… The /m drama will be so real.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

That’s funny, it’s so much easier to understand you when you’re typing compared to when you’re shoutcasting xD

in PvP

BLUna.7928

That’s funny, it’s so much easier to understand you when you’re typing compared to when you’re shoutcasting xD

Attachments:

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Hasn’t this always been there? I was under the impression that the HotM was anyway a “megaserver” where everyone from the entire EU or NA region would be. I don’t think I’ve ever had an “overflow” in PvP.

Or am I not understanding the way this works?

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Hasn’t this always been there? I was under the impression that the HotM was anyway a “megaserver” where everyone from the entire EU or NA region would be. I don’t think I’ve ever had an “overflow” in PvP.

The actual games themselves have always been region wide (tying in everyone that is queueing in either NA or EU) but the Heart of the Mists (the lobby you are in between games) was only people that were on your server up until this patch

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

The actual games themselves have always been region wide (tying in everyone that is queueing in either NA or EU) but the Heart of the Mists (the lobby you are in between games) was only people that were on your server up until this patch

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is a good addition for the PvP lobby. Some servers such as TC already have a great lobby, but if you go to Anvil Rock, it is a ghost town.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This is a good addition for the PvP lobby. Some servers such as TC already have a great lobby, but if you go to Anvil Rock, it is a ghost town.

Which is sad because Anvil Rock was literally the PvP server until like a few months ago where everyone either quit due to balance reasons

in PvP

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

At this moment, you have my undivided attention.

That is all.

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

Which is sad because Anvil Rock was literally the PvP server until like a few months ago where everyone either quit due to balance reasons

Balance is just one of the issues for players leaving, but the game got really stale because of the one game mode and that’s why I stopped playing myself. I can deal with the imbalances, but one game mode just made the game extremely boring. New game modes would shift the balance in favor of other builds that aren’t the meta (such as a siege map that would make condi builds less effective overall).

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Hoping the more populated mists and the new reward system will bring people back to PvP and attract first-timers.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Am I right in thinking a map can hold 400-500 players now, all at once or is that too many?

If I am, the lobby is going to be soooo much fun and those completely over the top raging players who have a meltdown after losing in hot join are awesome free entertainment.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

This is insanely good for player morale. Servers on WoW like tichondrius with there massive pvp population make the game actually feel alive, rather than some dead empty heart of the mists.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

This is a step in the right direction for promoting a competitive PvP environment. A pvp lobby megaserver will make it much easier for players to assemble teams.

Now we just need dueling options implemented for build/skirmish testing, and a free-for-all pit within the lobby for a complete sandbox PvP customization/tinkering experience.

For the free-for-all pit, make a jump puzzle that leads up into a floating island in the sky where FFA PvP is enabled. The simple jump puzzle will act as a “respawn timer” for dead players in the free-for-all pit, and it will also keep the lobby nice and tidy without graphical clutter.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

I love You Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Will the new system introduce also Heart of the Mists Megaserver?

jeeez fuchs you start a thread instead of taking those 5min reading the news
you should better come teamq!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

The amount of trolling that will happen in map chat . . . will be immense.

edit: Just thought about the amount of rage building up for the rank 5 that decided to soloq and did nothing all game

Yes, but there is still a report verbal abuse button and much easier to get more reports and for GM to take action when it’s only checking one place.

Too many kids who played these lame mobas like Dota and want to behave the same way. It’s one of the depressing changes from GW1 to GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

This is a step in the right direction for promoting a competitive PvP environment. A pvp lobby megaserver will make it much easier for players to assemble teams.

Now we just need dueling options implemented for build/skirmish testing, and a free-for-all pit within the lobby for a complete sandbox PvP customization/tinkering experience.

For the free-for-all pit, make a jump puzzle that leads up into a floating island in the sky where FFA PvP is enabled. The simple jump puzzle will act as a “respawn timer” for dead players in the free-for-all pit, and it will also keep the lobby nice and tidy without graphical clutter.

Seriously, give this man a cookie. 100% agree.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

This is cool and sorely needed.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Starcrusher.4172

Starcrusher.4172

Zoose got his wish! Manvil Rock is back!