Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Idea Of Evil.1845

Idea Of Evil.1845

Hello guys i play gw2 for like 5 months and i only play pvp as thief and mesmer and i can say 1 thing the Medi dps guards are cancer if the guardian knows what to do vs a class they can easily kill everything and i mean everything from condition builds to zerker
i know that they may get countered from like 2-3 builds like wp condi engi but really u hardly find that build at tpvp and it’s like unfair that they can own most of power builds and can stand very well versus the most others,they have a tone of blocks a freakin op burst and they also have a tone of healing and if i try to play them from afar they get me half life easy and the thing is that i dnt have so many escapes to deal with them even if they apply burning to me it rekts me hard and if they mix burst rotation is way to hard to stay alive and still manage to kill them and what rages me is that they can do it on all glass builds and still manage not to have a hard couner i even tryed all condi mesmer builds and he still killed me

(edited by Idea Of Evil.1845)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Hello guys i play gw2 for like 5 months and i only play pvp as thief and mesmer and i can say 1 thing the Medi dps guards are cancer if the guardian knows what to do vs a class they can easily kill everything and i mean everything from condition builds to zerker
when they will get nerfed kitten

Sorry, dear newcomer, but meditation guardians happen to be extremely strong against both power thief and power mesmer. It’s not a balance issue: they are super easy to kill with, say, an engineer. Yes, it’s a braindead build, so it’s extremely frustrating to lose against it. But you should just avoid them.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Medi guard is countered by all 3 celestial classes and many other builds that arent meta. It dosent need nerf because as Sorel said it does have an advantage vs thief/mes so you shouldnt be screaming OP when it happens to be your counter.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Medi guard is countered by all 3 celestial classes and many other builds that arent meta. It dosent need nerf because as Sorel said it does have an advantage vs thief/mes so you shouldnt be screaming OP when it happens to be your counter.

I don’t really….. See a good Medi Guardian being overly “countered” by a shout warrior. They shout be able to out-pace them, I would think… I could see the other two.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Highlighted the important part of your post there.

The guardian does not need a nerf. It’s in a very good spot now. It’s good enough to be in the meta, but not at all overpowered. The DPS mediguard is a build that is as good as the user is. It’s not overpowered and it’s not easymode cancer like for example the turret engineer used to be.

If you’re a thief it’s only natural you get countered hard by good guardians. That’s just how this game is. It’s not made for 1v1s and you can’t expect to always be able to win any 1v1 against any class against any build. GW2 is like rock-paper-scissors. A good guardian might counter a thief, but the thief counters a mesmer and the mesmer does well against other classes, etc. etc. etc.

Please Anet, don’t listen to the OP, don’t nerf DPS mediguard, they’re in a really good and balanced spot right now. If anything I’d say guardian is a little UNDERpowered, but only a little.

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I don’t really….. See a good Medi Guardian being overly “countered” by a shout warrior. They shout be able to out-pace them, I would think… I could see the other two.

Shoutbow hardcounters mediguard, like, really hard, actually you just need to bait the mediguard’s burst and pay attention to which weapons the mediguard is using. If he switches to hammer, use bow. If he switches to scepter/focus, use sword/warhorn. If you get captured by his Ring of Warding, throw a firefield underneath you and force the guardian to distance himself from you. If you can’t, use sword/warhorn until you can.
As long as you keep the guardian at a distance and save your condi-cleanses for when he uses Chains of Light or his Zealot’s Embrance, you should have no issue to out-sustain him. Eventually the guardian will run out of skills to use and that’s when you will peel his health and eventually kill him.
It also really helps if you interrupt his no. 6 heal. Shelter is pretty easy to interrupt so as soon as you see him pop it, make sure you interrupt it.

As long as you do the above, you should never lose to a mediguardian as a shoutbow warrior, never ever.

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Medi guard is ok now. After the trait system changes I think it will become OP. My suggestion is nerf the base healing on meditation’s trait and make them scale better with healing power. It is stupid the ammount of hp regen a zerker medi guard can get investing nothing in healing power.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Being a Guardian primary player since the first Beta Testing. I can easily tell you that a Medi-Guard happens to be exceptionally easy to kill when you know what you’re doing. I have a build that I love using that completely out shines the Medi-Guard build. So keep in mind there are things that are far worse for you to run into than just a burst happy hammer swinging Medi-Guard ^^;

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Are you kidding me DPS guardian and guardian in general is probably the most balanced profession in the game. DPS guardian is a risk rewarding play style how its meant to be and they actually use berserker amulet for main offensive dps unlike the other broken celestial dependant professions.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Are you suggesting the only valuable build for guardians atm to be nerfed, because you can’t kill them? Have you thought to ask for help and advice instead of coming here to cry for nerf? It will be a refreshing variety, don’t you think? I know a thief who pretty successfully deals with DPS guardians, so there is a way if you are really keen to learn.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

They are balanced but kinda easy compared to other zerkers, save for in fights vs cele classes.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’m still wrecking them with celestial bombs. regardless, you’re playing the two most meta glassy builds (they are ultra glass) so you are criminally easy to own. perhaps it’s time for you to learn the second important element of pvp, not dying. learning how to kill is only part of the equation, ya gotta learn how to survive too.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Sooo…

You are capable of killing 7/8 professions on your Mesmer and Thief right?

I would say that this is some good balance then

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i played medi guard in pvp like a year ago, i start to play pvp again like a month ago and people say its brain dead -__-

[SA]

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

Highlighted the important part of your post there.

The guardian does not need a nerf. It’s in a very good spot now. It’s good enough to be in the meta, but not at all overpowered. The DPS mediguard is a build that is as good as the user is. It’s not overpowered and it’s not easymode cancer like for example the turret engineer used to be.

If you’re a thief it’s only natural you get countered hard by good guardians. That’s just how this game is. It’s not made for 1v1s and you can’t expect to always be able to win any 1v1 against any class against any build. GW2 is like rock-paper-scissors. A good guardian might counter a thief, but the thief counters a mesmer and the mesmer does well against other classes, etc. etc. etc.

Please Anet, don’t listen to the OP, don’t nerf DPS mediguard, they’re in a really good and balanced spot right now. If anything I’d say guardian is a little UNDERpowered, but only a little.

I play vs a guard that is actually very pro he was in the pvp leaderboards and anyway i mean that he knows what to do and yh maybe he is countered from a build or 2 like shoutbow and condi engi but even if he is he owns most of the other classes i tryed vs him with all mesmer condi builds and with all thiefs also with ele and read the wind ranger and still he can outmatch me my point is that even if he get countered from like 2-3 builds he owns way more and can play versus all other builds without problem witch is a bit OP in a way because as a mesmer and thief(i talk only about them because i play them most)u get countered from way more and u can own other glasses build with is kinda unfair,with guard u have a ton o blocks and some of the most powerfulls bursts x(

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

Are you suggesting the only valuable build for guardians atm to be nerfed, because you can’t kill them? Have you thought to ask for help and advice instead of coming here to cry for nerf? It will be a refreshing variety, don’t you think? I know a thief who pretty successfully deals with DPS guardians, so there is a way if you are really keen to learn.

First of all i dnt cry fot nerf i came here to take opinions and elementalist dagger dagger was the only viable build for pvp but it got some nerf and maybe the thief u know doesnt play with good guardians if they dnt know when to block is logical to get there kitten beaten..

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I’m going to diagnose you with a clear case of L2P. This can be fatal, but I have good news! It is 100% treatable. With moderate effort and a small amount of dedication, you should have this cleared up in no time!

Baer

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

Couple of things:

• I can barely understand what you mean due to the lack of proper written sentences – this makes it frustrating for debate since I have no clue what you mean
  • Leaderboards mean absolutely nothing
  • Title literally says Nerf but what do you want to get nerfed? Their burning damage? Their Tomes? The ability for them to WASD? You are vague, and highly uninformed as it seems
  • Educate yourself before expressing yourself on these boards with random talk about nerfs

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

This is what I do:

- Land a GS burst on guard
- Dodge his meditation and Hammer 2 (which should be obvious)
- Autoattack trough his Focus 5
- Autoattack trough his elite invulnerability
- Shatter combo’s in between (especially F3 makes him panic)
- Save F4 for Hammer 5 or stomp
- Mind trick and fake your position with decoy
- Blink or Phase Retreat to kite after his teleports have been used
- Save Phase Retreat for immob to get out of Scepter 2

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Medi guard blows up glass builds. That’s all the build’s good for but it does a really good job at it.
The thing is, against any slightly more durable build, the medi guard just runs out of breath. It got tons of blocks and invulnerabilities and a lot of instant burst, which is hard to predict, but as soon, as he runs out of procs and bursts, it’s down to swinging a hammer around, hoping to connect with something.
When I played thief, I was afraid of medi guards. When I played turreteer, they were a joke. Not even two of them posed a threat.
Nowadays, I run a tanky melee ranger build. Again, medi guards are a joke. Not to the degree as when I ran turreteer and had a big hp pool to make up for mistakes(sentinel amulet really only helped the turreteers… So why did ANet add the amulet to pvp only to nerf the hell out of turreteers a mere two months later?) but I’d still rather face a meditation guard than a cele rifle.

To sum it up: Medi guards are strong against glass canons but against tanky builds, they need someone to pin down their target, or their attacks will hardly connect after the initial burst.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

In higher levels of play, DPS guards don’t even counter thieves that hard, it’s quite close to a 50/50. DPS guards are fairly telegraphed – yes you can argue that they have an insta cast teleport, but if you see someone start a GS whirl or hammer leap from 600 range away, they’re quite obviously about to teleport into you…
If the hammer ring screws you up, just don’t stand on top of them and they’ll have a hard time getting you inside it. Again with the insta-teleports, if they use a melee animation from range, the they’re probably teleporting into you.
Besides that, it’s just about kiting them around when they have their blocks/invulns.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

Couple of things:

• I can barely understand what you mean due to the lack of proper written sentences – this makes it frustrating for debate since I have no clue what you mean
  • Title literally says Nerf but what do you want to get nerfed? Their burning damage? Their Tomes? The ability for them to WASD? You are vague, and highly uninformed as it seems
  • Educate yourself before expressing yourself on these boards with random talk about nerfs

well all of ppl understand what i say except you so maybe you have the problem m8 check it out

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Thieves and Mesmers as power relies on spike damage.
Guardians counter spike dmg with blocks and aegis.

DPS Guardian is strong but predictable. Its a very simple kit and rotation.
The moment you realize you cant apply basilisk Venom on a Guardian with your first hit, you will see a bright light of knowledge strike you and voila, you are good to go.

On mesmer: Dont stealth, sword 3, swap, GS 2→BLINK→Shatter→3→4→Dodge→Shatter… Obviously they just pop a shield and survive and kill you instantly because you suicided by wasting all your skills when the Guard still got his active defences up.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

it’s not easymode cancer like for example the turret engineer used to be.

It is easy mode cancer, just not as extreme as turret engy was, for a zerker build it is absolutely easy mode cancer compared to others, go stick a mediocre player on medi guard, they will roll their face across the keyboard and be effective, go stick that same player on shatter mes and they will be a liability.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

Thieves and Mesmers as power relies on spike damage.
Guardians counter spike dmg with blocks and aegis.

DPS Guardian is strong but predictable. Its a very simple kit and rotation.
The moment you realize you cant apply basilisk Venom on a Guardian with your first hit, you will see a bright light of knowledge strike you and voila, you are good to go.

On mesmer: Dont stealth, sword 3, swap, GS 2->BLINK->Shatter->3->4->Dodge->Shatter… Obviously they just pop a shield and survive and kill you instantly because you suicided by wasting all your skills when the Guard still got his active defences up.

i dont just talk for power builds i tryed all condi builds and still they can kill me

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

I liked that you changed your topic to help instead of nerf. So Ill give some infos about how to beat guardians like me.

- Kite me strong with short bow (poison all time) until you see the right time of jump with dagger on me.
- Don’t use the venom without stealth its so easy to blind/block it.
- If you go inv and will prepare a burst and I’m with focus scepter. You should know what skills i have in cooldown like focus 5 and how its going my endurance.

I can kill 90% of the thieves that i face, I’m natural counter, but sometimes i got someone real good that can outplay me. You have only 5 months of game, need to learn a bit much. Don’t use forums to call nerf without great experience.

yh maybe nerf was a bit rush but was because i had anger i was playing 1vs1 with a very good guard and i tryed every build i had condi and power and he still could beat me i won some too but like 2out of 7 and he even killed me with dd ele

(edited by Idea Of Evil.1845)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

it’s not easymode cancer like for example the turret engineer used to be.

It is easy mode cancer, just not as extreme as turret engy was, for a zerker build it is absolutely easy mode cancer compared to others, go stick a mediocre player on medi guard, they will roll their face across the keyboard and be effective, go stick that same player on shatter mes and they will be a liability.

They press about the same amount of buttons, have less dodges and are very predictable.
Lowest base hp ingame, bad mobility, but alot of heals and blocks and cleanses.

Guardians: Heals, Blocks and Cleanses
vs
Thief/Mesmer: Stealth, Evades and Mobility.

Take your pick, both are good in different situations.

But yes, they are far from a free kill compared to other zerkers that you jump.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I applaud the op for having the decency to change the title.
+1

To be honest, almost every class can beat the guardian 1v1. It’s a matter of out sustaining him. Whether that be from kiting or having high sustains like any of the cele trio classes =/

Thief
Thieves are debatably one of the best 1v1 classes around. As long as you dodge guardian’s ww and overall burst then you’ll be fine. Don’t EVER facetank a guardian as if you’re a warrior, especially if you’re in his symbols or his ww is up.
-Kite his Greatsword until ww and binding blade is used. Pop his aegis (if any) with ur bow or dagger. Your engagements usually last 3 seconds. Then you blink away and mock him from a distance. Use stealth abilities when appropriate. You’re allowed to burst longer than 3 seconds when his shelter and elite has been used.

Mesmers
Mesmers are usually a hit or miss. You either hit him with your burst shatter skills or the guardian Elites, Blocks or dodges them through sheer luck. Just play as defensive as you can while also minding which weapon set he’s in. Again, kiting him and pulling off your bursts is key.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

Couple of things:

well all of ppl understand what i say except you so maybe you have the problem m8 check it out

Keyword: Barely – I am able to read what you said…

This said, I am glad you took the oppertunity to change the title… At least one out of a dozen understands that making threads with a title like the previous one does not get far

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Greatsword med beat shoutbow as well.

hammer doesnt.

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Hello guys i play gw2 for like 5 months and i only play pvp as thief and mesmer

Learn the skills of other classes – including the guardian – so that you know what to watch for and what to avoid, and when it’s safer to land steal.

and i can say 1 thing the Medi dps guards are cancer if the guardian knows what to do vs a class they can easily kill everything and i mean everything from condition builds to zerker

This is true of any class/build if the opponent is inexperienced or less skilled. It does not have a 100% win rate against thieves. Celestial ele is a strong counter to medi guard.

i know that they may get countered from like 2-3 builds like wp condi engi but really u hardly find that build at tpvp and it’s like unfair that they can own most of power builds and can stand very well versus the most others ,they have a tone of blocks a freakin op burst and they also have a tone of healing

They can be worn down; their healing abilities have long cool downs. Just beware the blocks and blinds. Their burst is telegraphed. Move out of range with your mobility or evade, and be sure to look at their class so you know what skills do what and how hard they hit.

and if i try to play them from afar they rekt me with just auto attack

As you range or approach, if you strafe side-to-side slightly, all the projectiles will aim for you to those sides leaving you mostly untouched.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Aztex.4895

Aztex.4895

The medi guard build is one of the most balanced in meta builds, you can change it a bit to be more efficient against certain builds but then you get weaker against other builds.
So many people can’t use it because is too glass cannon, but you can do some modifications and get other classes by surprise.

I can use 2p on zeal so I can kill players faster after burning them, but that means I lost my only stability on courage that can be really weak against thiefs and other classes who use their CC well.
If I want to become more offensive, i can have my meditations traited to give fury all the time, but I get even more fragile. I can take this off by making chill appear on hammer crits, becoming more defensive and giving me enough time to recover with LOS.
As said above, using GS intead of Hammer brings another playstyle, but against good players the ammount of burst and CC gets reduced because it’s easier to counter.

One thing I find easy to conter in thief and mesmer is stealth. I’ve practiced so much against it that I can subconciously predict when the stealth players are going to attack me and then I use CC or dmg burst to make them regret their decisions. If you think beeing in stealth is enough to counter medi guard youre dreaming. You need to know when to attack them and force them to use their skills before going for the kill. As someone said before, medi guards are easy prey on long fights.

(edited by Aztex.4895)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

i know that they may get countered from like 2-3 builds like wp condi engi but really u hardly find that build at tpvp and it’s like unfair that they can own most of power builds and can stand very well versus the most others,they have a tone of blocks a freakin op burst and they also have a tone of healing and if i try to play them from afar they rekt me with just auto attack

A D/P-Thief isn’t designed to win 1v1’s if you use the common panic-strike build, but a Medi-Guard is strong in 1v1’s and because of his blocks, very strong against thief. If you really wanna 1v1 him, the best advice is probably to stay away from him and bow him while kiting the Scepter-Auto’s. Keep shadow-steps available for Hammer5+teleport. You simply won’t be able to hold a node against him though…

S/D-Thief might be a bit better: set a teleport somewhere with infiltrators strike so you can get back out of Hammer5 and cleanse off Immob from Scepter 3 and just evade the important stuff like Hammer 2 and 3 while training him down with flanking Strikes and some auto’s. Haven’t really played many 1v1’s as S/D against Medi-Guard, but in theory it sounds doable – at least way better than with D/P.

As a Mesmer it’s not much different – very unfavourable MU for you again. You probably will again have to LoS and kite the Guardian and train him down with Illusions and finish him with a well-timed shatter-spike.

Medi-Guard is kinda weird I know, I mostly dislike it because of the undodgeable Hammer 5 + Judges Intervention and the almost unavoidable Immobilize on Scepter. But the class is somewhere in between DPS/Support and Sustain, so it has a hard time against “true” sustain builds like Cele-Engi and Cele-Ele.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I play a own modefied Medi-guard… It is very good and kinda feels OP from time to time, but once I meet a condition build I go down pretty easy, I can’t block conditions and I can’t take them away forever. Though most power builds is very easy for a Medi-guardian to beat as we have so many blocks and heals.

I dunno what they are named but these Lich Form Necromancers kills me in one or two hits if I am unprepared.

Turret engineers are easy to handle with my build, but grenade or bomb engi’s is more of a problem to me.

Condition Mesmers is a pain in the behind.

Thiefs, Warriors and Guardians rarely kills me 1Vs1 though in bigger fights a thiefs timed backstab is redicelous.

Rangers… Well I have yet to see a ranger who isn’t just standing ~1800 away and pewpew … They are annoying but rarely any problem to outheal/block.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OP, medi guards are hardcounter to thieves. I would avoid fighting them and go help teammates somewhere else unless you are forced to fight them (see 4 medi guards on enemy team, yes it happend to me multiple times; eff you marvin for trying to counter and camping mah alt thief, I SAW THROUGH YOUR SCHEME).

If you really have to fight them, try to kite them at begin of the fight as most medi guards usually spam their CDs trying to nuke you. If you avoided that and have still decent amount of HP left you have good chance of killing them. Best way to learn it is probably play medi guard yourself to see how they work though.

Note: this applies only to noob/average medi guards. If medi guard is one of the top players you won’t be able to beat them unless you outnumber them.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

medi guard is pure faceroll,
its time to boost guardian in other ways than this easy mode build its too easy to be the best guardian build

action combat made mmos better lol

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

OP, medi guards are hardcounter to thieves. I would avoid fighting them and go help teammates somewhere else unless you are forced to fight them (see 4 medi guards on enemy team, yes it happend to me multiple times; eff you marvin for trying to counter and camping mah alt thief, I SAW THROUGH YOUR SCHEME).

If you really have to fight them, try to kite them at begin of the fight as most medi guards usually spam their CDs trying to nuke you. If you avoided that and have still decent amount of HP left you have good chance of killing them. Best way to learn it is probably play medi guard yourself to see how they work though.

Note: this applies only to noob/average medi guards. If medi guard is one of the top players you won’t be able to beat them unless you outnumber them.

The point is i dnt care about tpvp i care most about 1vs1

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

okay no one in this thread is really completely right. I play guardian probably most competitively out of the people I saw posting here (unless theres some EU dude i didnt recognize).

Thief:
One of the best ways to win is to save skull crack until your steal is back up, use it, force a stunbreak, then f1+f1 to steal skullcrack AGAIN right after his stunbreak. This is honestly one of the best ways to beat a guardian if youre doing consistent damage over the duel. Its one of the strategies some of the best dueling thieves like Caed uses. Furthermore using steals out of stealth is helpful, since they’re very unlikely to just rng dodge or block it if you learn the timing from practice. If youre going against very skilled opponents, dont use steal off cd cuz they might be counting it.
Save shadow step for rings or immobs that you didnt see coming. Use panic strike + daze to your advantage cuz if they’re low on cd’s it might mean a straight up 3s STUN which is instantly death with little cds. Use cd’s to extend the fight as long as possible.. typically the longer the duel the more likely you’ll win IF youre doing consistent damage. You can also try to predict shelters (I honestly shelter unconsciously when you refuge) by basi+ sb4 since its unblockable. So a refuge> basi cast> sb swap> sb4 as fast as possible will get a lot of guardians.
And theres a little luck in improv lol. I usually lose a duel to thieves who get their improv proc’d on the first 2 steals (happykid lol)

Mesmer:
There’s only one mes on NA i lose to (sorry night its not you) and that’s zeromis. He runs greatsword sword/focus with DOUBLE ENERGY. Don’t be thinking you have to run air/fire because its high dps, the double energy IS more dps cuz of shatters as well as more survivability. Save blurred frenzy defensively. Use diversion to prevent invulns/shelters to land a good mindwrack+mirror blade. Use ileap for a GS swap to land your burst because a ileap+BF is far too predictable. Blink is typically used for when youre caught in a ring or immob you cant invuln, and should be saved for such; don’t waste it. You have so many utilities to dodge hammer burst and outdamage scepter burst that if you play perfectly throughout the fight and dont eat a stupid mighty blow because you forgot to dodge, you’ll win most of the time in perfect play vs perfect play. Just try to use these tips as much as possible. You can also whisper zeromis and see what he thinks though i dont know how much he wants to be bothered.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

The point is i dnt care about tpvp so much i care most about 1vs1

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

okay no one in this thread is really completely right. I play guardian probably most competitively out of the people I saw posting here (unless theres some EU dude i didnt recognize).

Thief:
One of the best ways to win is to save skull crack until your steal is back up, use it, force a stunbreak, then f1+f1 to steal skullcrack AGAIN right after his stunbreak. This is honestly one of the best ways to beat a guardian if youre doing consistent damage over the duel. Its one of the strategies some of the best dueling thieves like Caed uses. Furthermore using steals out of stealth is helpful, since they’re very unlikely to just rng dodge or block it if you learn the timing from practice. If youre going against very skilled opponents, dont use steal off cd cuz they might be counting it.
Save shadow step for rings or immobs that you didnt see coming. Use panic strike + daze to your advantage cuz if they’re low on cd’s it might mean a straight up 3s STUN which is instantly death with little cds. Use cd’s to extend the fight as long as possible.. typically the longer the duel the more likely you’ll win IF youre doing consistent damage. You can also try to predict shelters (I honestly shelter unconsciously when you refuge) by basi+ sb4 since its unblockable. So a refuge> basi cast> sb swap> sb4 as fast as possible will get a lot of guardians.
And theres a little luck in improv lol. I usually lose a duel to thieves who get their improv proc’d on the first 2 steals (happykid lol)

Mesmer:
There’s only one mes on NA i lose to (sorry night its not you) and that’s zeromis. He runs greatsword sword/focus with DOUBLE ENERGY. Don’t be thinking you have to run air/fire because its high dps, the double energy IS more dps cuz of shatters as well as more survivability. Save blurred frenzy defensively. Use diversion to prevent invulns/shelters to land a good mindwrack+mirror blade. Use ileap for a GS swap to land your burst because a ileap+BF is far too predictable. Blink is typically used for when youre caught in a ring or immob you cant invuln, and should be saved for such; don’t waste it. You have so many utilities to dodge hammer burst and outdamage scepter burst that if you play perfectly throughout the fight and dont eat a stupid mighty blow because you forgot to dodge, you’ll win most of the time in perfect play vs perfect play. Just try to use these tips as much as possible. You can also whisper zeromis and see what he thinks though i dont know how much he wants to be bothered.

Thanks for the advices m8 i run the same mesmer build as ur friend i will try to practice on the things u told me

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Idea Of Evil.1845

The point is i dnt care about tpvp so much i care most about 1vs1

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

game is not balanced around 1v1

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Help Beat Guard DPS MEDI

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945