Help with mesmer please

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Ok…

I started as a PU mesmer, my team raged at me for not holding cap points while in stealth, fair enough…

Changed to illsuion/shatter sorta build, enemy team told me to take “my meta build back to hotjoin”

So changed my build again to condi, again enemy team thinks "that my cheese build is all I have and I should l2p b4 q and go back to hotjoin…

Now I’m using a zerker lockdown build with insane amount of stuns and boon stripping and both the enemy team and friendly team think I’m using a “broken Build that takes no skill”

What build can I use to shut everyone up? (not keen on blocking all chat either)
Gets a bit old that every match there is someone constantly crying about something wrong with a mesmer build….

I’m rank 27 so I’m not a “pro” but I’ve had my mes for over a year as a solo roamer in WvW so I know my class well enough to know how to fight other people.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Welcome to pvp

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

The QQ won’t stop. Play what you enjoy. Also, shatter’s a build with one of the highest skill ceilings and is in no way “meta”.

Thief

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Play whatever you want… mesmer is not overpowered at all, I’d argue it’s underpowered in this current meta.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

People will always be... unfriendly, yeah. Play what you enjoy, aim to constantly learn and improve, and try your hardest to ignore the trolls and not reply to them.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.2679

Sweetbread.2679

It’s more of a mesmer/thief being explicitly designed to be as unfun and gimmicky as possible to fight thing than a spec thing. Not really sure why Anet thought that a stealth/ai spam class would be a great idea.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

A father and son were once taking a donkey to sell in town…

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: lesalthg.4536

lesalthg.4536

I’d recommend shatter

Larix Kaemp || Blackgate || Mesmer

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

What build can I use to shut everyone up? (not keen on blocking all chat either)
Gets a bit old that every match there is someone constantly crying about something wrong with a mesmer build….

Well, heres what you can do: Absolutely Nothing.
No matter what build you use people are going to rage at you for one of the following reasons:
– You do not play the match the way the selfproclaimed (but unannounced to the rest of the team) leader wants you to.

- You beat that fotm player on the other team and in a hissy fit he proclaimed that your build/profession is the wrong build/the easiest profession because technically he should have beat you there.

- You LOST to that fotm player on the other team and he explains to you with simple words(because he knows no other) that you should go play game X or go back to PvE because he clearly beat you with an inferior build.(Altho, if you should beat this one later, please see: “You beat that fotm player…”)

I’m rank 27 so I’m not a “pro” but I’ve had my mes for over a year as a solo roamer in WvW so I know my class well enough to know how to fight other people.

WvW is fairly different from sPvP but as a mesmer you’ve got plenty of options that works, it all depends on WHAT you are interested in doing in the matches.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Play what’s most fun to you.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

play a ranger, involves some mad skills like actively reacting to passives

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

There is no room for “fair” builds (ones that have clear telegraphs and allow your opponent to react to important skills) in this game right now, as everyone plays the cheesiest stuff they can find. If you build is “fair” and actually requires landing skillshots or baiting dodges, you are gonna wrecked by the mindless, highly effective specs of other classes.

You are better off playing something like lockdown, as your instant 2.5s immob + damage from halting strike can’t really be counterplayed. If it is someone glassy, you can instantly win. If its not, you might actually need to land more than one wombo combo, where their cheese will probably outclass yours.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Ok…

I started as a PU mesmer, my team raged at me for not holding cap points while in stealth, fair enough…

Changed to illsuion/shatter sorta build, enemy team told me to take “my meta build back to hotjoin”

So changed my build again to condi, again enemy team thinks "that my cheese build is all I have and I should l2p b4 q and go back to hotjoin…

Now I’m using a zerker lockdown build with insane amount of stuns and boon stripping and both the enemy team and friendly team think I’m using a “broken Build that takes no skill”

Learn to revel in the tears of the scrubs you crush underneath your boots. Use the build that works best and wins the most for you.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Ok…

I use a hide-chat build, very effective against any kind of PvE-PvP-WvW jerk. I suggest you to give it a shout

\||||||/
O°v°O

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Yeah, like actively reacting to Incendiary Powder or Backback Regenerator or Automated Response or Protection Injection

Ranger//Necro

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I use a hide-chat build, very effective against any kind of PvE-PvP-WvW jerk. I suggest you to give it a shout

I approve of this, though it’s important to keep chat up open at the start of the match just in case your team isn’t made up entirely of eejits (and so that you can use it for actual communication rather than an abuse-hurling medium).

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: BoB.6082

BoB.6082

You’re not that good. Mesmer is one of the worst spvp classes atm.

Engineer | Mesmer | Thief

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Yeah, like actively reacting to Incendiary Powder or Backback Regenerator or Automated Response or Protection Injection

#nice1

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You’re not that good. Mesmer is one of the worst spvp classes atm.

Not keen on rolling condi bunker warrior, minion mancer, bomb engie or spirit ranger.

Tried out guardian for a while but no one ever helps home in solo que when you say there is 3, I’m a horrible thief and ele aswell…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

From shatter mesmer main in tpvp for more than one year……

Go warrior..if you want to go tpvp aside from portal you’re gonna be way more effective rolling your face on kb with warrior than playing shatter mesmer in piano mode..

Sad but true

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

The muting build will help, it doesn’t mess up with team or map chat, just the kitten in particular.

Help with mesmer please

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Play the strongest build you can. Don’t care about whiners.