Helseth Vs Anet LOL

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This must have made its round on the forums but this is the first time im seeing this

This is what happens Anet when you refuse to take class balancing seriously. Keep this video in mind while you are patching classes next month. If you don’t know what to do, ask.

Posted this several hours ago and im still dying.

“I can smell the half delivered patches”
-Lord Helseth

Hey guys, I just wanted to add that the reason why this video is funny isnt because Anet lost the match but because they went through the same class inequalities that everyone goes through. Like Helseth’s team dominating the dev necro showing how bad their defences are and how helpless they were against his condi mesmer. It is extremely hilarious because we talk about what happened in this vid all the time but the devs act like they dont even know what classes are in the game. O and Helseth lmao i just cant…

(edited by Ragion.2831)

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

LOL. They’re play NEC!
They’re play NEC!
They have dev PLAY NEC!!!
LOL!

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I see Grouch :o

Next patch:
thief: nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

ive seen Anet premades in past seasons, its either they are teseting certain builds or have no idea what they are playing.

If you see them enough you have to know they know balance is at a all time low. The fact helseth can win a 1 vs 3 vs them should let them know something.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You shouldn’t be surprised that a game comprised primarily of pve developers are terrible at pvp. As if the balance changes weren’t proof enough.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

what a nerd. i wonder why everyone gets so excited when they see anet employees in game lol, especially in pvp as if they were proving something by beating them in a match.

The fact helseth can win a 1 vs 3 vs them should let them know something.

ikr, it’s so crazy that they lose to a world champion player right? i don’t get why you would think that working at the company that made the game somehow makes them any better than a regular sapph/ruby player lol.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

If ( a certain person who shall be un-named) died, thief will certainly see the nerf hammer.

Mesmerising Girl

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Trini.3576

Trini.3576

I can’t stop laughing!!!!!

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

what a nerd. i wonder why everyone gets so excited when they see anet employees in game lol, especially in pvp as if they were proving something by beating them in a match.

ikr, it’s so crazy that they lose to a world champion player right? i don’t get why you would think that working at the company that made the game somehow makes them any better than a regular sapph/ruby player lol.

You took this thread waayy too seriously lol.

But you’re absolutely right. Just because the person made the product doesn’t mean he’s an expert at it. The man who invented the guitar hated the instrument and was not a pro.

The video just defines irony and Helseth was hilarious.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I can’t stop laughing!!!!!

i know, this is the funniest thing ive watched this year. Helseth is a complete savage

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

That was surprisingly funny. I didn’t think I’d enjoy it but I did.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Laffings

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

The 3 things I agree with.
1) He is right about sapphire and legend. Some players are exceedingly expert, however by and large the only difference is whether you had the time to grind.
2) Not having heard of abjured. Why are they being paraded to me and what significance is a tournament to me? I don’t know them, I have too many others to do in real life than watch a game when I could play a game and lastly I wasn’t invited to play in any tournament. For 99% of us, these people mean nothing, these events mean nothing. We have no connection to them.
3) Let them experience what we have all had to experience every time we login into PvP. It’s one thing for your job to trial run play a few matches and see things aren’t quite right. It is another to log in voluntarily with the expectation of fun and see things aren’t quite right and have never been right for some time now. You still have the odd enjoyable day, but most days with each change made the game feels like you’re being trolled and getting told it’s challenging, when you can clearly see it isn’t challenging..its just annoying mechanics all stacked on top of each other.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I see Grouch :o

Next patch:
thief: nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf

Or Anet migh increase all damage on other classes, to make the game more easier for every one.

“i died as class X?” lets increase damage to compensate.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Guy makes money from playing game, openly trash talks games developers calling them kittenes and kittens….

Doesn’t seem like a good employment decision >.<

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Guy makes money from playing game, openly trash talks games developers calling them kittenes and kittens….

I dont see it has trash talking :\~

I think it helps more pvp than it hurst, for game hurting u have the balance team already…

It shows how easy this game is, all u need is damage and if aoe the better.

Besides devs have dodge issues :P, no wonder they need to increase damage on classes…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

I am still laughing. Was nice to see a lighter side of Helseth for a change. Maybe he is human after all? lol

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

You took this thread waayy too seriously lol.

But you’re absolutely right. Just because the person made the product doesn’t mean he’s an expert at it. The man who invented the guitar hated the instrument and was not a pro.

The video just defines irony and Helseth was hilarious.

The video is hilarious and helseth is the only person streaming GW2 thats worth watching simply because he does top level play and is fun to watch. Seriously helseth farming leeto greatest match ever.

I have serious question about the game, helseth clearly the best mesmer in the game with 200+ ping 1 vs 3 Anet, why are they matched up with him?

to recap the fight for those not seen it, he is 1 vs 2 and is winning and downs a player. A team mate thief comes in and another enemy and its now 2 vs 3. His team mate thief goes down and he rezzes him and then proceeds to kill them all.

Im not saying Anet should be good at the game because clear evidence shows they are not but why are the in the same match as a ESL players when he could literally go 1 vs 4 against them and we would have to take bets/ find vegas odds makers/ or go to fan duel to see who everyone is betting on.

If i can, its hilarious, helseth is always funny to me but it just brings up more questions for me about the game.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: joshmossas.6542

joshmossas.6542

Im not saying Anet should be good at the game because clear evidence shows they are not but why are the in the same match as a ESL players when he could literally go 1 vs 4 against them and we would have to take bets/ find vegas odds makers/ or go to fan duel to see who everyone is betting on.

If i can, its hilarious, helseth is always funny to me but it just brings up more questions for me about the game.

Helseth is an EU player, but in this video he was playing on an Alt account to mess around on NA. So the most likely reason is that the MMR on his NA account was fresh and hadn’t been fully developed yet.

Click for dumb PVP videos and probably some other nonesense :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSzslxjEkG4oZJ4ubPZHIg

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Helseth is an EU player, but in this video he was playing on an Alt account to mess around on NA. So the most likely reason is that the MMR on his NA account was fresh and hadn’t been fully developed yet.

Thats fine but Helseth has posted many videos on what was wrong with ranked and unranked.

For instance after season 2 or 3 he was doing unranked matches. (they were posted on this forum) Maybe 30 sec into the match he found it not worth his time and starting farming the other teams mesmer.

Literally killing her in 5-10 sec every time she left the respawn point. He did the same thing with Leeto and probably countless other players. Someone posted a video of him in S1 winning a duo que vs a full premade ESL team and he lost a pip.

Now this is a alt account, if its his dont you think that the MMR on the mesmer will be pretty high? Being that he is literally farming people to the point that team mates of his get free cap points and to wander like robots since he is winning 1 vs 3 on a alt account?

Seriously the more i think about it the more im like my god Anet doesnt have a MM system at all. Its season 4 and people still have no clue where they are suppose to be and now we have literally video proof of people being farmed like cows.

This video is hilarious, the idea of it is why the PvP forum looks the way it does.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

This is old. I saw this 4 months ago

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Thats fine but Helseth has posted many videos on what was wrong with ranked and unranked.
(…)

This video is hilarious, the idea of it is why the PvP forum looks the way it does.

Anet developed the game to be like this, metas were sopose to cut the pro players skill and non pro players skill intervall much shorter (close gap between those 2), why every one playes the easy damage output build every will look at least decent, so they cant see it has “what is wrong”, for them use builds that do 3 hit to kill players is called players skill, and thus makes game more easy for alot of players.

The videos also demostrates what makes people quit the game, but not because it is hard to survive, it is because the effort to kill isnt that much Anet carries alot of players reason metas are created over class balance wich make some classes even loose its objectiveness with all this free and achieveble damage that groups skill is a thing of the past (not taking credit out of Helseth he is a good player and he is showing how easy this game is to play).

Gw2 is known to be a dumb pvp game overall, a pretty game with dumb gameplay (nto my words, but ive learned to see the game this way), to much spam, aoe’s and cleave’s, Anet did a huge mistake by fast combat while they dont even know how to do it.

Gw1 > Gw2…

QQ mode off, and sorry about the awfull enlish.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I have serious question about the game, helseth clearly the best mesmer in the game with 200+ ping 1 vs 3 Anet, why are they matched up with him?

Because Anet knows Helseth is a streamer and probably intentionally rigged it to be put against him.

Anytime Anet is using their “official” accounts it’s going to be for some type of PR stunt. And PR stunts work best when done against youtubers and streamers.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

People who think thief will be nerfed shouldn’t be commenting on balance at all. As it stands, Thief is still a B tier class with niche uses and only pulled off well by excellent players (which none of you are, unless you’ve been part of a sponsored team and have your name out there and others have commented on your superb mechanical skill) in organized team comps.

Engineer, Revenant, and Druid are top tier at the moment. I’m not saying everything shouldn’t be nerfed, but those three in particular are part of the problem.

Please, before you bring up Dragonhunter you should learn to counter them, or reroll Engineer, Ele, or Druid.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Cynz.9437

People who think thief will be nerfed shouldn’t be commenting on balance at all. As it stands, Thief is still a B tier class with niche uses and only pulled off well by excellent players (which none of you are, unless you’ve been part of a sponsored team and have your name out there and others have commented on your superb mechanical skill) in organized team comps.

Engineer, Revenant, and Druid are top tier at the moment. I’m not saying everything shouldn’t be nerfed, but those three in particular are part of the problem.

Please, before you bring up Dragonhunter you should learn to counter them, or reroll Engineer, Ele, or Druid.

Considering video is months old and that Anet did nerf thieves (across the board) last balance patch, the comment wasn’t so off. Just says a lot about devs.

All is Vain~

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

Class balancing has been going downhill since HOT.

Constructive feedback: Devs should seriously consider undoing many of the pre-HOT nerfs to standard builds in an attempt to bring back diversity. They started to do it with mesmer GS #2 skill.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is quite old from before he won his 1st World Championship I think. It is very funny though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I was very confused about this because helseth was pretty smitten about winning the last world tournament. He even said he likes gw2 pvp now.

Lo and behold, the video is le old

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Considering video is months old and that Anet did nerf thieves (across the board) last balance patch, the comment wasn’t so off. Just says a lot about devs.

This is coming from a guy that said :
‘’i dont play Stuff thief , but as long as you can pricesly time your cc between the evades , you can beat them’’ 3 months ago ?

So if the personally skill needed to beat them is higher than the skills needed to use it , then it is ok….
This just says alot from a Tief players :P

Just stop my dear WoW player about blaming the Devs for you lack of creativity , just ask Helseth for that spec (which havent been nerfed or discovered by Pro Tiefs since season 1) :P

-_-

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

(…)

Anet developed the game to be like this, metas were sopose to cut the pro players skill and non pro players skill intervall much shorter (close gap between those 2), why every one playes the easy damage output build every will look at least decent, so they cant see it has “what is wrong”, for them use builds that do 3 hit to kill players is called players skill, and thus makes game more easy for alot of players.

The videos also demostrates what makes people quit the game, but not because it is hard to survive, it is because the effort to kill isnt that much Anet carries alot of players reason metas are created over class balance wich make some classes even loose its objectiveness with all this free and achieveble damage that groups skill is a thing of the past (not taking credit out of Helseth he is a good player and he is showing how easy this game is to play).

Gw2 is known to be a dumb pvp game overall, a pretty game with dumb gameplay (nto my words, but ive learned to see the game this way), to much spam, aoe’s and cleave’s, Anet did a huge mistake by fast combat while they dont even know how to do it.

Gw1 > Gw2…

QQ mode off, and sorry about the awfull enlish.

I agree that they are making the meta easier for everyone but there has always been a gap between the Pro Players and the rest of us.

The video of Helseth farming Leeto is before HOT and he kills him i want to say 12 times in 1 game.

Obviously there was some builds that needed looked at such as spirit ranger, hambow, turret engy etc. The difference is before HOT GW2 had multiple builds/weapon sets you could play and the better players stood out.

Which once again im all for it, sure what ever Anet wants but when your MM is so bad that a player doesnt even care about the score and is simply farming you can still win the game by 100+ points. I mean please can we ask for a slightly better system here?

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Because Anet knows Helseth is a streamer and probably intentionally rigged it to be put against him.

Anytime Anet is using their “official” accounts it’s going to be for some type of PR stunt. And PR stunts work best when done against youtubers and streamers.

I have to disagree with this, in season 1-2 i saw Anet staff running a premade. Heck they had a name for the premade and had anet staff as the title as if it was a guild.

I was with some other people and every time we saw them we destroyed them. Now take away the fact they were Anet and it becomes a little joke about beating the people who make the game and take a second to realize we were doing the same thing to everyone else that week.

In season 1 they had to know MM was bad, in season 2-3 they gave the legendary players what they wanted which was a fast way to get there. Yet they havent given us a real PvP leader Board and have not given us a real ranked game.

Something for me to add is they might be playing on there own time, yet they are playing unranked? I believe the season is going since they were talking about it which brought up a few things in my head.

Does Anet care about Ranked? – I dont think they care

Do they want leader boards or a real items for PvP players? – Again i dont think they do

I have a few more but im rambling, all in all the only thing i took away from this video is even Anet doesnt like the PvP seasons. They cant believe that PvP is “fun” since they were being farmed by “some guy on a random account” and they cant be doing this for PR because I and my friends crushed them and it is hilarious watching 1 person solo all of them which can not be good for outsiders looking at this game. They say hey Pro Players stand out them come to GW2 forums and see the millions of complaint threads on the exact same issues.

If its PR stunt, i say a hilarious fail.

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

this is the video that got the thief nerfed

im bad at sarcasm

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

so was playing the new map and fought 3 ANET players and we rekt them pretty bad. also fun fact if u kill them u get achievement.

Attachments:

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I have to disagree with this, in season 1-2 i saw Anet staff running a premade. Heck they had a name for the premade and had anet staff as the title as if it was a guild.

I was with some other people and every time we saw them we destroyed them. Now take away the fact they were Anet and it becomes a little joke about beating the people who make the game and take a second to realize we were doing the same thing to everyone else that week.

In season 1 they had to know MM was bad, in season 2-3 they gave the legendary players what they wanted which was a fast way to get there. Yet they havent given us a real PvP leader Board and have not given us a real ranked game.

I’m not saying any of that is false, I’m simply pointing out that the reason Anet’s scrub team played Helseth was likely because Anet specifically rigged it so.

Something for me to add is they might be playing on there own time, yet they are playing unranked? I believe the season is going since they were talking about it which brought up a few things in my head.

Unlikely. If they where on their own time they would presumably be using unmarked personal accounts, not their official accounts.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Cynz.9437

This is coming from a guy that said :
‘’i dont play Stuff thief , but as long as you can pricesly time your cc between the evades , you can beat them’’ 3 months ago ?

So if the personally skill needed to beat them is higher than the skills needed to use it , then it is ok….
This just says alot from a Tief players :P

Just stop my dear WoW player about blaming the Devs for you lack of creativity , just ask Helseth for that spec (which havent been nerfed or discovered by Pro Tiefs since season 1) :P

-_-

- i am not a guy
- i indeed don’t play staff
- pretty sure i said it about condi d/d but yes same applies to staff thieves
- i never said vault spam was ok, if you are diligent enough, you could even find posts where i said it needs to be toned down because evade + high dmg + gap closer + relatively low ini costs is too much in one
- exactly what it says about thief players – let me know all about it
- i haven’t touched WoW in years and not planing on doing it any time soon, i think i played GW2 long enough to be considered GW2 player, thank you very much
- “blame devs for my lack of creativity” – wat? I blame devs for forcing us (at least someone that wants to win matches) into HoT specs, i blame devs for lying to us (MMR reset, elite specs being on same level as core etc.), i blame devs for many things that they they could have done better (and had resources for it)…. lack of creativity though? Please….
The thief nerfs from last patch affected literary every build (and were frankly uncalled for given current state of the classes), i don’t see how your comment is any relevant unless it is pathetic attempt at flaming. I stand by my previous comment.

I really hope for your own sake that you don’t truly believe in clueless garbage you posted.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Helseth Vs Anet LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

For some reasons i get mixed feelings about blaming the devs and being a girl
My proccesor will explode ….just give me some time ….