Helseth carries bronze 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

what does this prove? only that an experienced player on an alt account can take advantage of new/inexperienced players, and nothing more. although i do have a question about something i saw between 4:55-4:59 – how does helseth 1)phantasmal warlock, 2)cry of frustration, 3)phase retreat and end up with 3 clones (indicator says he has 3)? otherwise, all i see is an experienced player on an alt account trolling inexperienced players, which proves that people who know how to play can take advantage of people who don’t at lower levels. imho, nothing of value to see here.

People were saying that Players could not carry matches even if you are supposed to be in Higher divisions, Helseth apparently is proving that otherwise, now those same players are arguing that he is an ESL player so this doesn’t count against their main argument.

Also to answer your question The Chronomancer Traits Chronophantasma and Illusionary Reversion could be the answer if he started with two illusions, I can’t pull up the video right now so I can’t view the specific segment you are referring to.

He won’t be able to carry solo once he hits gold/plat. We all can easily 1v3 in low ranks, has been proven in previous seasons hence why legends started in sapphire and not in amber anymore.

I have played vs Helseth plenty of times – trust me, if he gets potatoes on team and enemy team is semi-ok, he can’t carry that. I am not top player by all means, he should be ranked higher than me (which he is on main accnt), but i have won games vs him simply because his team consisted of potatoes. So yes, even best player can’t carry crappy team.

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

what does this prove? only that an experienced player on an alt account can take advantage of new/inexperienced players, and nothing more. although i do have a question about something i saw between 4:55-4:59 – how does helseth 1)phantasmal warlock, 2)cry of frustration, 3)phase retreat and end up with 3 clones (indicator says he has 3)? otherwise, all i see is an experienced player on an alt account trolling inexperienced players, which proves that people who know how to play can take advantage of people who don’t at lower levels. imho, nothing of value to see here.

Um, the fact that if you’re in a division below your skill level you can push out of it? A couple here, and a running theme lately, has been that once people realized their skill level was bronze/silver they couldn’t come to terms with it when before they thought they were god’s gift to pvp, vets with thousands of games played so they started to blame everyone else and the system. Instances like these proves the system works as intended and that if you are infact the best player out of the 10 in the match you’ll go up.

It’s not ELO hell, it’s not RNG, it’s not bad teammates holding you down. After all, there are4 spots on your team not filled by you and 5 on the other, from the start if you’re the best out of the 10, the odds are already in your favor as there are less spots for the “bad” players to fill on your team.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

People were saying that Players could not carry matches even if you are supposed to be in Higher divisions, Helseth apparently is proving that otherwise, now those same players are arguing that he is an ESL player so this doesn’t count against their main argument.

Also to answer your question The Chronomancer Traits Chronophantasma and Illusionary Reversion could be the answer if he started with two illusions, I can’t pull up the video right now so I can’t view the specific segment you are referring to.

He won’t be able to carry solo once he hits gold/plat. We all can easily 1v3 in low ranks, has been proven in previous seasons hence why legends started in sapphire and not in amber anymore.

I have played vs Helseth plenty of times – trust me, if he gets potatoes on team and enemy team is semi-ok, he can’t carry that.

Yes my comment is mostly in regards to people claiming they are stuck in Low Bronze and Silver saying that no one can carry no matter how skilled and any upward movement is all RNG, then they double back and claim Helseth doesn’t count since he is an ESL player, and I would love to see once Helseth reaches Gold/Plat especially since once at that level generally there are less potatoes so he shouldn’t have to carry as hard but will probably still end up carrying.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

Um, the fact that if you’re in a division below your skill level you can push out of it? A couple here, and a running theme lately, has been that once people realized their skill level was bronze/silver they couldn’t come to terms with it when before they thought they were god’s gift to pvp, vets with thousands of games played so they started to blame everyone else and the system. Instances like these proves the system works as intended and that if you are infact the best player out of the 10 in the match you’ll go up.

It’s not ELO hell, it’s not RNG, it’s not bad teammates holding you down. After all, there are4 spots on your team not filled by you and 5 on the other, from the start if you’re the best out of the 10, the odds are already in your favor as there are less spots for the “bad” players to fill on your team.

I think you are missing the point. Problem is that gold player being in silver will probably never get to gold unless he is very lucky simply because the skill gap is not huge enough for him to win 1v5 match. Reason why Helseth is able to carry bronze teams is because the skill gap is insanely huge, once he gets to higher ratings, the gap will become smaller so he will start to struggle with so called “carry”.

Also, i still don’t understand misconception that to get where you belong, you are supposed to carry 4 potatoes on your team vs better players. I have checked my lopsided matches and it turned out that quite frequently i get teams in such matches that are hundred+ ranks lower below the enemy. The game actually handicaps you and expects you to carry such matches. This is really wrong on a lot of levels. Also, if by some miracle (e.g. someone dc’d, enemy team got too kitteny etc.) you actually won games vs by far higher ranked team, you gain almost nothing as far as rank points go. You are actually not rewarded for carrying potatoes vs better players. I have won games vs top 10 duos that were 300-400 ranks above me at times and yet i would gain 20 pts vs 16 pts loss. Honestly, wthhhhhh.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Still doesn’t prove that, all it proves is that the other team was not very good. If you get the same scenario where the other team is at least average in knowledge and experience, this isn’t even close.
With respect to my question, been running Mesmer for 3+ years now and i have 2 chronos along with all the other elite specs too, which is why I have the question; he started cold, just watch the video between 4:55 and 4:59 the indicator says that there are 3 (i do study other mesmers to learn so i do try and pay careful attention to details). otherwise, i stand by my evaluation, there’s nothing of value to see because it doesn’t necessarily prove anything other than the enemy team was greatly inexperienced.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

(edited by Soothsayer.9206)

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

But doesn’t this rest on the assumption that divisions accurately reflect player performance? If matches get progressively more difficult as you move up divisions, then aren’t they working as intended?

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

But doesn’t this rest on the assumption that divisions accurately reflect player performance? If matches get progressively more difficult as you move up divisions, then aren’t they working as intended?

as said before, given current system gold player would never get out of silver if he plays solo; he has to be at least plat skill wise to move up

in PvP

Honest John.4673

as said before, given current system gold player would never get out of silver if he plays solo; he has to be at least plat skill wise to move up

If a gold player can’t get out of silver then he’s…. not a gold player, sorry. He’s a silver player. By definition of him staying in silver.

More illusory superiority. But what would you expect from people who’ve been told they’re great and special their whole lives despite them really being a whole lot of mediocre? That’s the type of player ANet hopes to attract I guess.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

If a gold player can’t get out of silver then he’s…. not a gold player, sorry. He’s a silver player. By definition of him staying in silver.

More illusory superiority. But what would you expect from people who’ve been told they’re great and special their whole lives despite them really being a whole lot of mediocre? That’s the type of player ANet hopes to attract I guess.

You really don’t understand how the system currently works.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

So me playing from the very top of Bronze/bottom of Silver Solo to mid Gold? I must be a Platinum level or higher right? No I think I am where I am supposed to be until I improve myself at no point in that whole climb have I had a Win streak over 2-3 wins in a row and my Rating seems to have stabilized and I am against players that are of similar skill that make similar mistakes.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

So me playing from the very top of Bronze/bottom of Silver Solo to mid Gold? I must be a Platinum level or higher right? No I think I am where I am supposed to be until I improve myself at no point in that whole climb have I had a Win streak over 2-3 wins in a row and my Rating seems to have stabilized and I am against players that are of similar skill that make similar mistakes.

Did you play solo?

in PvP

Honest John.4673

You really don’t understand how the system currently works.

There have been instances this season where I’ve seen questionable matchmaking and ANet has had problems with it in the past. But there is nothing inherently wrong with using the Glicko2 algorithm (which is separate) for this game. It’s been proven and works with other games over the years (and people still use the same tired “arguments” against it there too, surprise). I understand how it works and have tried to explain it to people who think about it backwards to no avail, this is coming from someone who thought about it backwards for a while till I really read into it. But if you’re still unconvinced then go ahead and write your own algorithm to rate players with basing it off of “individual skill” whatever that means. Clearly Win/Loss is not a good enough metric and we should take into account the innumerable variables it takes to be called a skilled player. Throw Occam’s Razor out the window, nothing could go wrong there.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

If you watch the video you will see that despite Helseth winning every single 1v1 and a 1v2 and controlling the map with portal plays and getting bottom buff the rest of his team still almost find a way to throw the game. It’s worth mentioning that two different players on his team DC. So despite having arguably the best player in the game on their team it’s still almost not enough to carry a match in bronze.

in PvP

Soothsayer.9206

Occam’s Razor – all for that – start at zero every season, wins and losses only so you have to earn what you have; doesn’t get any simpler than that. although that would be ideal, people don’t want to have to play with “subpar” teammates (which leaves little to no room for growth in the sPvP community).

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Did you play solo?

For the majority of the season yes, would be nice if they tracked the duo/solo games played. the few times I was Duo Queued was with two guildies one was 739 Rating while I was 1476 the other was around 1250-13xx while I was already 14xx for a combined total of maybe 12-15 games out of 100+ (Not at my computer and don’t have a current screenshot of ranked cames played) Were duoed as I was trying to help them out during those matches my wins only award 2-4 rating increases while losses were between 13-26, so I stopped Duo queuing with my friends it was dragging me down. (Did get the friend at 739 up to 1000 the. He let his acct decay, when I lost approx 40 rating on two losses and each win with him was about 4…)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Note that he uses Team chat instead of expecting people to do their jobs automatically.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Honest John.4673

Occam’s Razor – all for that – start at zero every season, wins and losses only so you have to earn what you have; doesn’t get any simpler than that. although that would be ideal, people don’t want to have to play with “subpar” teammates (which leaves little to no room for growth in the sPvP community).

So months of bad matches for everyone to get where they’d end up normally? The beauty of the system is that it’s self-correcting.

Remove duo-queue and average out your season ending rating with the season average and watch the people who abused team-queues previously and duos during the season drop to where they belong, no need for everyone starting at the middle.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Did you play solo?

so your saying if you only play solo you belong in the division above whatever division you are in? What about the people who hit legend solo?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

There’s no carrying in gold league.

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

There needs to be division above legendary that no one can enter so that everyone is properly playing a division below where they belong.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Still doesn’t prove that, all it proves is that the other team was not very good. If you get the same scenario where the other team is at least average in knowledge and experience, this isn’t even close.
With respect to my question, been running Mesmer for 3+ years now and i have 2 chronos along with all the other elite specs too, which is why I have the question; he started cold, just watch the video between 4:55 and 4:59 the indicator says that there are 3 (i do study other mesmers to learn so i do try and pay careful attention to details). otherwise, i stand by my evaluation, there’s nothing of value to see because it doesn’t necessarily prove anything other than the enemy team was greatly inexperienced.

What’s happening is one of those traits is activating before the clones/phantasms have actually died so it generates a 3rd illusion that’s just there. The other 2 are on their way to splurge conditions all over their target but show on the UI till they die. You can see this happen a lot in WvW with a mesmer with a clone and 2 phantasms where he spams his shatters at a distance and you have something like 5 or 6 clones chasing you.

Edit: lol @ Katniss, taking the salt to the forums with the screenshot.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

So far his experience in Bronze only tells us division climbing is possible when you vastly outperform the playerbase there.

But he hasn’t experienced yet the situation a lot of people is stuck in, where there is a mix of unexperienced players and those with some knowledge of pvp mechanics and dueling ability. Here the division climbing starts to become harder, as you are continuously hold back by blowup matchups where carrying an entire team becomes nearly impossible (think about that 4vs5 where the enemy has 2-3 players that aren’t clueless).

It will be interesting if he keeps the experiment until he reaches Plat or if he stops at T2-T3 silver thinking he made a point, and where this edge starts.

He generates an iWarlock and just before he shatters the trait “Mental Defense” generates an iDefender after he gets hit. After shattering, “Chronophantasma” generates another iWarlock and iDefender, and the trait “Illusionary Reversion” creates a clone for shattering 2 illusions.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

All this talk over carrying but then you check your map and someone else is doing their job too. If they weren’t you would lose. That’s it. Going up tiers isn’t hard until you get close to your skill level where you will start to have to push to climb to your true rating.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Note that he uses Team chat instead of expecting people to do their jobs automatically.

And we all know how good team chat works when trying to coordinate people that don’t listen, already know everything or don’t even have team chat activated.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

And we all know how good team chat works when trying to coordinate people that don’t listen, already know everything or don’t even have team chat activated.

…and if you watched the stream it actually work’s most of the time.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ssssurree, even in plat people completely ignore map pings and team chat. I call enemies coming to our points but people are too busy chasing 1 thief on the beach.

I really should start recording my games just to show how potato your teammates can be.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

I’ve played with and against the two kitten talkers you had on your team.

I can’t believe they made it into gold because I saw them when I was in silver.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ssssurree, even in plat people completely ignore map pings and team chat. I call enemies coming to our points but people are too busy chasing 1 thief on the beach.

I really should start recording my games just to show how potato your teammates can be.

I said you should watch stream for a bit – of course he gets people totally blind to teamchat but mostly when they see him destroy everything 1v3 on far they start reacting.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I would win 3 vs 1 fights in gold league if i would know how to play better.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I would win 3 vs 1 fights in gold league if i would know how to play better.

Thank you, Junkpile, for that thoughtful contribution.

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Whats the point of this video? my 3rd match in gold tier was 4vs5 we win to 425 – 500 , and now im in gold tier 2 again, the way you get not noob, but bad players as team8s in gold and plat is hilarious, i should have stopped playing for like 3 weeks after i got palced into platinum, getting team8s in high gold who starts stomping downed thief with 5%hp is just ridicolous, maybe next time anet

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

So what are people’s excuses for Leeto then? Didn’t he start out in like bronze or something and clawed his way up to gold running some non-meta ax necro solo? You guys are going to start saying Leeto is a world champion pro player?

Or Marvin? Heard he got seeded into silver or something and still played his way out.

in PvP

Honest John.4673

So what are people’s excuses for Leeto then? Didn’t he start out in like bronze or something and clawed his way up to gold running some non-meta ax necro solo? You guys are going to start saying Leeto is a world champion pro player?

Or Marvin? Heard he got seeded into silver or something and still played his way out.

Olrun got placed sub 1500 too if I recall correctly.

in PvP

Soothsayer.9206

Ansau – "He generates an iWarlock and just before he shatters the trait “Mental Defense” generates an iDefender after he gets hit. After shattering, “Chronophantasma” generates another iWarlock and iDefender, and the trait “Illusionary Reversion” creates a clone for shattering 2 illusions."

I didn’t think Mental Defense would activate until you evaded or blocked, so I didn’t think the criteria was met? After watching it over again, I never saw Defender on video, that’s why I am wondering. Illusionary Reversions takes 2 clones to get 1 phantasm, no? Chronophastasma is 1 phantasm after shatter. Since the progression was Phantasmal Warlock/Cry of Frustration/Phase retreat, didn’t see anything that would account for 3 clones on the indicator. I also tried to reproduce it on my Mesmer and was wondering what I am missing, getting an extra clone out could be the difference between life and loss, so that’s what I am trying to figure out.

(edited by Soothsayer.9206)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

This isn’t a binary issue.

The forums have this weird habit of believing that the MM is either:
A) Works perfectly and everyone is placed correctly
or
B) It’s total RNG garbage.

But it’s more muddled that than. Glicko works well for the extrema, the top players shoot straight to the top and the absolutely worthless players go straight to the bottom.
However for players in the middle Glicko has a lot of trouble. Glicko isn’t Bayesian, and it wasn’t designed with teams comprised of different skill levels in mind. For players in the middle glicko requires truly absurd numbers of matches played in order to be accurate.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

katniss.6735

I stopped queuing after that game and went to WvW. lol

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Its probably best not to tell other people how to play the game.

You cant win games if your team quits because everyone is negeative.

Like helseth is laughing and making hilarious commentary about his team mates but he is not typing about how bad they are or what builds they are using.

Im in platinum and today i had a fresh air core ele and a signet warrior on my team. I was Duo que with another at a far lower level. I lost 20 rating but at least we fought all the way threw.

in PvP

katniss.6735

Its probably best not to tell other people how to play the game.

You cant win games if your team quits because everyone is negeative.

Like helseth is laughing and making hilarious commentary about his team mates but he is not typing about how bad they are or what builds they are using.

Im in platinum and today i had a fresh air core ele and a signet warrior on my team. I was Duo que with another at a far lower level. I lost 20 rating but at least we fought all the way threw.

Yeah, I realize that, but the way people type so much is amusing.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Ansau – "He generates an iWarlock and just before he shatters the trait “Mental Defense” generates an iDefender after he gets hit. After shattering, “Chronophantasma” generates another iWarlock and iDefender, and the trait “Illusionary Reversion” creates a clone for shattering 2 illusions."

I didn’t think Mental Defense would activate until you evaded or blocked, so I didn’t think the criteria was met? After watching it over again, I never saw Defender on video, that’s why I am wondering. Illusionary Reversions takes 2 clones to get 1 phantasm, no? Chronophastasma is 1 phantasm after shatter. Since the progression was Phantasmal Warlock/Cry of Frustration/Phase retreat, didn’t see anything that would account for 3 clones on the indicator. I also tried to reproduce it on my Mesmer and was wondering what I am missing, getting an extra clone out could be the difference between life and loss, so that’s what I am trying to figure out.

Now that I’m detailedly looking it, Mental Defense doesn’t proc and 2 clones are weirdly generated.

It seems Phase Retreat bugged creating 2 clones that weren’t shattered with Cry of Frustration. It can be seen as only 2 attacks are blocked (player and iWarlock) and the clones don’t attack or do any animation.
After that, Chronophantasma generates an iWarlock again and he shatters with Mind Wrack, this time everything being shattered as the warrior evades 5 attacks (probably the 5th is an AA).

Hard to tell if it’s a extremely rare bug of Phase Retreat or if it is caused by the near instantaneous combo that messed up the clone generation and shattering, probably involving Illusionary Reversion when it shouldn’t.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

lol, nice I got a laugh out of that.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

His stream proved what many have said and that’s a lot of players are clueless to PvP and are keeping average players dragged down.

Credit to him for seeing things from the low side, you can see his allies are very inexperienced and that the majority of them very well could be keeping a few average players down in the cracks of the system, so Thanks Helseth. I wish I had the skills to be pro and carry myself and my teams into the next divisions, but I don’t. I am just an average player, not new, just average.

And I think like others have said, it just raises another issue and that is after I carry 3 players into the next div, they don’t belong there and will drop with anyone who was unlucky enough to be put on their team, not my issue though if they’re not on my team.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

His stream proved what many have said and that’s a lot of players are clueless to PvP and are keeping average players dragged down.

Credit to him for seeing things from the low side, you can see his allies are very inexperienced and that the majority of them very well could be keeping a few average players down in the cracks of the system, so Thanks Helseth.

None of this would be a problem if personal score/contribution credited bonus points to increase gains, and soften defeats.

X points for a win, lets say 10.

a D, C, B, A rank awarded based on your performance (score = offense + defence + support – deaths etc) awarding 0, 10, 20, 30 respectively. Rank = pre-determined score ranges. Rank is averages over the performance of duo-Q’rs (so both have to perform or they pull eachother down).

X points for a loss, say 40

a D, C, B, A rank awarded based on performance as above, but, 0, 9, 18, 36 respectively. So kitten performers drop the full 40, and great performers that still lose only lose 4 points.

Desertion = instant 40 point loss, desensitizing leaving/giving up at any point.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Credit to him for seeing things from the low side, you can see his allies are very inexperienced and that the majority of them very well could be keeping a few average players down in the cracks of the system, so Thanks Helseth.

None of this would be a problem if personal score/contribution credited bonus points to increase gains, and soften defeats.

X points for a win, lets say 10.

a D, C, B, A rank awarded based on your performance (score = offense + defence + support – deaths etc) awarding 0, 10, 20, 30 respectively. Rank = pre-determined score ranges. Rank is averages over the performance of duo-Q’rs (so both have to perform or they pull eachother down).

X points for a loss, say 40

a D, C, B, A rank awarded based on performance as above, but, 0, 9, 18, 36 respectively. So kitten performers drop the full 40, and great performers that still lose only lose 4 points.

Desertion = instant 40 point loss, desensitizing leaving/giving up at any point.

It would be amazing if desertion meant -40 or even -80. I have personally had too many quitters in my games to have any sort of empathy for it.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Soothsayer.9206

Now that I’m detailedly looking it, Mental Defense doesn’t proc and 2 clones are weirdly generated.

It seems Phase Retreat bugged creating 2 clones that weren’t shattered with Cry of Frustration. It can be seen as only 2 attacks are blocked (player and iWarlock) and the clones don’t attack or do any animation.
After that, Chronophantasma generates an iWarlock again and he shatters with Mind Wrack, this time everything being shattered as the warrior evades 5 attacks (probably the 5th is an AA).

Hard to tell if it’s a extremely rare bug of Phase Retreat or if it is caused by the near instantaneous combo that messed up the clone generation and shattering, probably involving Illusionary Reversion when it shouldn’t.

Bummer, was hoping to pick up something I hadn’t considered.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This really just doesn’t make any sense. The other team is more than likely to be composed of players that are on the same level as your ‘clueless’ team. If you have a clue- whether that’s a silver-level clue, a gold-level clue, a platinum-level clue or a legendary-level clue, you will make a decisive difference.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

I’m a bronze player who crawled myself to gold. I admit i am just average but i try to emulate how Helseth carries a game and it improved my gameplay. But sometimes I can’t carry like him when there many clueless players in our team so I had to resort to blocking them and dodge queuing them. This video is actually very helpful if you look at it in the right way and helseth may appear like a kitten to you but I find his kitteniness very funny and to be honest he actually really cares about the pvp comminity.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

This is a 4v5. Sure most of us wouldn’t be able to carry a 4v5 but 5v5? Easy since you should be winning all 1vf1s and forcing their team to commit more than 1 person to fight you meaning your team wins the other nodes.

But you guys keep deluding yourself and saying that it’s the system working against you :^)

I also lol @ people who cite that they’re vets with XXXX hours and lots of wvw roaming experience as if that matters when wvw roaming on NA is just hitting doors and sniping solo pve players doing their dailies & hours played means nothing if you’ve been bad all these years.

Savage I love it!

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Credit to him for seeing things from the low side, you can see his allies are very inexperienced and that the majority of them very well could be keeping a few average players down in the cracks of the system, so Thanks Helseth. I wish I had the skills to be pro and carry myself and my teams into the next divisions, but I don’t. I am just an average player, not new, just average.

And I think like others have said, it just raises another issue and that is after I carry 3 players into the next div, they don’t belong there and will drop with anyone who was unlucky enough to be put on their team, not my issue though if they’re not on my team.

Im confused, if ur just an average player dont u belong in the lower divisions?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Say what u will about helseth’s personality or the point he is making but that was quality work.

Respect.

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Im confused, if ur just an average player dont u belong in the lower divisions?

Either im supposed to be higher or my allies are supposed to be lower depending on how you look at it. Ive accepted the fact I am the reason my team either wins or loses, its no longer about being a part of a team for me its now about being the team and accepting i cant carry most games on my own.

Like i said though, thanks to helseth for showing everyone the quality of players us average players are being mixed up with.

….. And Elementalist.