Helseth - no more GW2 streams

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

https://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/62626340

In short he can’t grow his channel in GW2 because:

• People have no incentive to watch streams. Everyone can get to legendary(but why would they even want to? it holds no prestige) without being good at the game so they don’t have to learn from streams.
  • There is no soloque. No motivation to get good unless you have a team.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

Posted by: MaxRage.5072

MaxRage.5072

mmm… many games are adopting this stupid pvp system lately, its a way to make all players feel like they are Pro. Sick of this modern system.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Wait, Helseth blaming others for his own shortcomings?

Nowai!

in PvP

Kicker.8203

I agree with this personally. Matching up 1x legends against 20x legends is plain wrong. Getting 1x Legend is pretty easy and I don’t mind that because all the pve ppl can get their rewards but what’s there for people who actually want to show off their PvP skills?

If there was more incentive to advance on the ladder after u get to legendary surely you would start to face only premades and that’s why soloque should be also added.

in PvP

Kicker.8203

mmm… many games are adopting this stupid pvp system lately, its a way to make all players feel like they are Pro. Sick of this modern system.

Yeah it took like 3 losses to get to legend(from amber) over 2.5 days on thief. (there was also this 1 loss where we lost to a DC: the teammate came bk in during the grace period so it was considered a loss. It was a close game so we would have won.)(Thief is not meta but against bad people it is the best. Can really carry your team especially on staff.)

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

• People have no incentive to watch streams. Everyone can get to legendary(but why would they even want to? it holds no prestige) without being good at the game so they don’t have to learn from streams.
  • There is no soloque.

That’s not exactly what he said. I don’t even know where you get the “no soloq” part. To be a little more precise, he gives the following explanations for his lack of viewership:

The league system does not provide balanced matches. As a result, most games are complete blow-outs, and they are not fun to watch on stream. He said that for him scrims are fun, pro league matches are fun, duels against competent players are fun, but he can’t stream those for obvious reason, forcing him to play soloq, which is lame because unbalanced and full of terrible players.

Now, more realistically, what frustrates Helseth is that even as the most popular GW2 streamer, he rarely goes above 800 viewers at a time. He also said that the number of his followers increases too slowly. Naturally, that’s because GW2 is a low-population game. It’s not rocket science that if you want to be a successful streamer, you need to play a game that people are willing to watch.

GW2 pvp community likes to watch pvp streams. The pro-league viewership numbers are important when compared to the number of active pvp players (around 25k in EU in January 2015, probably more now). The problem is not that not enough people want to watch Helseth stream, it’s that not enough people play pvp in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Also the whole thing about the queue was that the long downtime in legendary queues leads to people leaving his stream.

Also the numbers watching GW2 are decreasing anyway, last weeks pro league matches didn’t get far above 1500 viewers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

Well, I can only wish him the best.

No offense, but the only reason I ever even considered watching Helseth is because he’s a professional GW2 player. Outside of that I don’t really have any interest in his stream.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Also the whole thing about the queue was that the long downtime in legendary queues leads to people leaving his stream.

Also the numbers watching GW2 are decreasing anyway, last weeks pro league matches didn’t get far above 1500 viewers.

To be fair I generally only skim the video the day after. It’s not really that interesting anymore as some match ups are almost decided before they log in.

Couple that with there being the same 4 classes on all teams almost (props to oRNG last week for being different) and the only difference generally being mesmer or druid…yeah, boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

To be fair I generally only skim the video the day after. It’s not really that interesting anymore as some match ups are almost decided before they log in.

Couple that with there being the same 4 classes on all teams almost (props to oRNG last week for being different) and the only difference generally being mesmer or druid…yeah, boring.

This. The way Anet has been handling the balance of this game is hideous. In a game where you have 9 different classes and still see only 5 played (the same in all teams) week after week is just disgusting. Their whole philosophy of no trinity everyone is viable is just not cutting it. I just don’t understand how come ppl who made a great pvp in GW1 can make such a horribly job in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

Oh, wow, Helseth whines again.

Poor lad never satisfied.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

This. The way Anet has been handling the balance of this game is hideous. In a game where you have 9 different classes and still see only 5 played (the same in all teams) week after week is just disgusting. Their whole philosophy of no trinity everyone is viable is just not cutting it. I just don’t understand how come ppl who made a great pvp in GW1 can make such a horribly job in GW2.

Great PvP in GW1? Dude this is what you call Rose-tinted glasses. Go back and read the old posts on GW1guru and see the constant threads about OP things and over-nerfing. And the same builds being played week in and week out with the occassional “WTH was that?!” moment. It was rare that you’d see crazy builds and if you did, it’s because different game modes facilitated the crazy build ideas.

And in reply to Helseth….. what the heck are you going to stream instead that gets you the same amount of views and growth? Unless you’re thinking of getting good at Overwatch, I’m not sure you can go anywhere else. But maybe I’m just underestimating you.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

And in reply to Helseth….. what the heck are you going to stream instead that gets you the same amount of views and growth? Unless you’re thinking of getting good at Overwatch, I’m not sure you can go anywhere else. But maybe I’m just underestimating you.

He’s trying to get good at Overwatch. But that probably won’t happen because he has a life.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

• There is no soloque.

That’s not exactly what he said. I don’t even know where you get the “no soloq” part. To be a little more precise, he gives the following explanations for his lack of viewership:

The league system does not provide balanced matches. As a result, most games are complete blow-outs, and they are not fun to watch on stream. He said that for him scrims are fun, pro league matches are fun, duels against competent players are fun, but he can’t stream those for obvious reason, forcing him to play soloq, which is lame because unbalanced and full of terrible players.

Now, more realistically, what frustrates Helseth is that even as the most popular GW2 streamer, he rarely goes above 800 viewers at a time. He also said that the number of his followers increases too slowly. Naturally, that’s because GW2 is a low-population game. It’s not rocket science that if you want to be a successful streamer, you need to play a game that people are willing to watch.

GW2 pvp community likes to watch pvp streams. The pro-league viewership numbers are important when compared to the number of active pvp players (around 25k in EU in January 2015, probably more now). The problem is not that not enough people want to watch Helseth stream, it’s that not enough people play pvp in GW2.

Sorry but I lmao at the bolded statement. So, is this the same Helseth who said people could carry their game, or the dude who tediously denied MMR hell, or the guy who believed that your teammates could, in no way. Impact the outcome of a game.

Wow funny how opinions are changing.

Anyways, my biggest issue with gw2 is the boon spam… way way too much spam. I have seen druids/ranger maintain 17 stack of might, that should nt be a thing.

in PvP

Cannabrah.7842

Great PvP in GW1? Dude this is what you call Rose-tinted glasses. Go back and read the old posts on GW1guru and see the constant threads about OP things and over-nerfing. And the same builds being played week in and week out with the occassional “WTH was that?!” moment. It was rare that you’d see crazy builds and if you did, it’s because different game modes facilitated the crazy build ideas.

Actually yes, the pvp in GW1 was far far better than what it is GW2. It is not the part of overnerfing I’m sad about. It’s the time frame they do it (or don’t do). Overnerfing is actually needed to shift the meta but you need to do it conjunction of (over)buffing other areas that weren’t in the meta. I just think their philosophy of 3-4 patches a year is too slow. With more rapid changes (every 2 months maybe) you keep the interest up by constantly changing things forcing ppl to adapt.

And for the love of god, split pve and pvp (and wvw) skills already!

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I never could stand Helseth. “Persona” or not, being a giant kitten isn’t even remotely entertaining, at least not for me. So, can’t say that I’m sad to see him stop…cause, well, I’m not.

As for his reasons why, just sounds like excuses and scapegoating to me. People do watch streams to learn and ask questions, to get opinions and suggestions. I see it all the time in the streams I hang out in. Maybe he doesn’t see it / get this type of interaction in the crowd he draws for….reasons…

As for no solo q….. sigh

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Who cares he’s anoyying brat

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Actually yes, the pvp in GW1 was far far better than what it is GW2. It is not the part of overnerfing I’m sad about. It’s the time frame they do it (or don’t do). Overnerfing is actually needed to shift the meta but you need to do it conjunction of (over)buffing other areas that weren’t in the meta. I just think their philosophy of 3-4 patches a year is too slow. With more rapid changes (every 2 months maybe) you keep the interest up by constantly changing things forcing ppl to adapt.

If it isn’t you, it’s going to be someone else complaining. GW1 was FAR from perfect. The only reason why it can be considered better than GW2 is due to sheer variety of modes. Balance-wise, it was worse than GW2 because of the sheer amount of possibility but then again, that’s what made it fun. If your argument is, GW1 was more fun than GW2, then that’s something we can definitely agree on. If you’re gonna say balance was better in GW1, then you must have forgotten what GW1 went through.

The balance cadence right now is perfect. The only problem is, the new specializations in HoT didn’t offer much in the way of “variety of builds” which GW1 had in spades and no amount of updates will fix. So your need for more updates, I think, stems from the need to see more build variation akin to that of GW1. Build variation that shifts the meta back and forth. The other reason why there was so much build variation in GW1 is because of the different game modes, if Anet pushed Stronghold as a tournament, it may generate new builds that make the game less boring.

But that’s just my two cents anyway. At this point I’ve just gotten tired of hearing the same arguments for 4 years from the community.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Cannabrah.7842

If it isn’t you, it’s going to be someone else complaining. GW1 was FAR from perfect. The only reason why it can be considered better than GW2 is due to sheer variety of modes. Balance-wise, it was worse than GW2 because of the sheer amount of possibility but then again, that’s what made it fun. If your argument is, GW1 was more fun than GW2, then that’s something we can definitely agree on. If you’re gonna say balance was better in GW1, then you must have forgotten what GW1 went through.

The balance cadence right now is perfect. The only problem is, the new specializations in HoT didn’t offer much in the way of “variety of builds” which GW1 had in spades and no amount of updates will fix. So your need for more updates, I think, stems from the need to see more build variation akin to that of GW1. Build variation that shifts the meta back and forth. The other reason why there was so much build variation in GW1 is because of the different game modes, if Anet pushed Stronghold as a tournament, it may generate new builds that make the game less boring.

But that’s just my two cents anyway. At this point I’ve just gotten tired of hearing the same arguments for 4 years from the community.

I haven’t forgotten. I do remember the IWAY W/R and Spirit spam metas and yes, in the end I’m asking for more variety in GW2. There’s 9 proffs and only 4 are worth playing in pro level. That is not healthy. That is actually kinda kitten. The way they brought Revenant in as the jack of all traits and have never had any issue with it is beyond me. How is it ok in any way that 1 profession outshines almost every other profession? (power rev being better than Guardian, Thief or warrior or any other power build and in the last iteration condi rev outshined every other condi build there was) Even today’s meta is far from fun or perfect. Eles, Revs and Druids pump out more CC and Boons that noone can handle and they even nerfed the one profession that was doing something to it.

From there we come back to other problems. The boon and cc output in points is ridiculous and has been for a while. There was a time, when boons where tactical same as cc. Now you everyone just rolls their fingers over keyboards burning all of their CD’s ’cause you can. There is no tactical point of popping prot or weakness. You can keep them on all the time.

And like you said, the new elite specs where not different playstyles as they were told to be. They are nothing more than a boosts to a core specs. They need to nerfed hard and bring the classes back to pre-HoT levels.

For me variety in all forms is balance. There will be “better” builds. You just need to reset the meta in timely manner not in 4 months.

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Who cares he’s an annoying brat

^

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in PvP

Kicker.8203

• There is no soloque.

IDK what you were listening to but about half the things you said, he told the complete opposite.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Yeah, most important and entertaining GW2 streamer decides to not stream anymore, totally not a big deal. Once Leeto decides to quit aswell you can go and enjoy your boring and monotonous family friendly streamers.

This is exactly whats wrong with this community:, casualness and a non competitive mindset.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Revs pump out more CC

I always wonder where all the cc comes from? Staff 5 on 20cd, easy as kitten to dodge jade winds which is a risky move on also pretty much 20cd and…?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Yeah, most important and entertaining GW2 streamer decides to not stream anymore, totally not a big deal. Once Leeto decides to quit aswell you can go and enjoy your boring and monotonous family friendly streamers.

This is exactly whats wrong with the game, casualness and a non competitive mindset.

This but remember Helseth is or, was in this case, a proponent of the X vs X algorithm. So I am surprised to see him quit cause of the uncompetitive nature of the S2 ladder. Needless to say, everytime a streamer leave, the community suffer. “Easy come, Easy Go”.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

This is exactly whats wrong with this community:, casualness and a non competitive mindset.

I don’t mind the game being casual, it’s a possible and noble orientation, just give people a way to have fun at a game without trying too hard.

I don’t mind the game being competitive, competition brings the best out of us, great efforts and achievements, plus a good entertainment / educational value for those watching.

Being semi-casual (or semi-pro) however feels like having a semi-ambition. When designing a product, I think it’s important to first have a vision and to commit to it. You may experiment as you wish in the implementation, but the vision must be strong. In GW2, I’m still not sure what the vision is. If they really want to make e-sport, then I think they should commit more to fixing the technical hurdles to this objective.

I found myself enjoying watching Helseth play the game. When he was trying hard, his gameplay was sharp and inspired. When he was fooling around, he still was fun, although sometimes a bit annoying (no offense meant). I think he was really trying to make a quality stream, and found he somehow succeeded in that endeavor. Him saying that the game failed in providing him content to build upon, is not unreasonable.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

If you look at games like league of legends the entire game is based around pvp. Ofc people are not going to be interested in gw2 pvp. Anet as a whole does not dedicate alot of their time to improving the pvp system (except for the few assigned to it). Conquest is not fun to watch and it makes people build for bunker play styles and it forces matches on points making aoe and heal spam even stronger. No one is going to get excited a thief manages to decap far. Stronghold was a failed attempt to bring a league or dota style of game into pvp. Honestly the game would be more fun if it was just a 5v5 elimination deathmatch. The games would be quicker, the queues would be quicker and it will bring the true nature of pvp to the game; killing each other to prove the skill of our team is better than yours and not just our rotations.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I enjoyed watching him for his gw2 pvp knowledge but otherwise meh.

Though I always figured he would move to a new game cause money.

Anyhow best of luck to him.

in PvP

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

He makes some interesting points, but it’s more than a lack of competitiveness in a casual game.

GW2 is just not an interesting eSport to watch

Not saying that to bash the game. I love the game, but you got to know your strengths and weaknesses. Investing so much money to promote it as an eSport was mind boggling to me. This fact is clear as day to anyone who is into eSports.

What makes an interesting game is a mixture of reasons, but the prime one is the ability for viewers to actually follow the game.

Hearthstone is entertaining, because the RNG elements creates some really entertaining moments, but you can track each play the player makes, follow the game and understand the stragety.

Same thing with LoL and DoTA. You can track each ability the players use and understand it’s impact in the game.

Not the case with GW2. It’s too mechanically complex. It’s a flurry of different abilities all being used at the same time to create a cloud of particle effects that make it near impossible to seperate or trace what player did what and when. You have to pay close attention and you can’t reach for a beer, get up to use the bathroom or turn to talk to a buddy without missing a lot.

I’ve been playing the game since launch and I have no idea what the hell is going on in most of the pro tournaments I’ve watched beyond the final score.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Uhhh … okay ?

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Most players probably don’t care, but this is very bad. If GW2 has no good Twitch support, the game can not grow as a “esports” game and neither as a MMO in general.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Most players probably don’t care, but this is very bad. If GW2 has no good Twitch support, the game can not grow as a “esports” game and neither as a MMO in general.

I actually believe cutting support for proleague would benefit the game in general;
The money being used for it is marketing money and audience/return from it is very low.

Use marketing money to actually market the game to people that would be interested ( there’s a lot of untapped players that would love GW2 but have no clue about it ), and without proleague, complains about meta and balance would probably lower.

I don’t know, feels like win-win in my books, and I’m an avid pvp player. ¯\(?)
Arenanet would just need to get a proper marketing campaign going, and not stupid stuff like Guild cabs.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I actually believe cutting support for proleague would benefit the game in general;
The money being used for it is marketing money and audience/return from it is very low.

Use marketing money to actually market the game to people that would be interested ( there’s a lot of untapped players that would love GW2 but have no clue about it ), and without proleague, complains about meta and balance would probably lower.

Arenanet would just need to get a proper marketing campaign going, and not stupid stuff like Guild cabs.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Never said anything about allocating more resources to Esports, but since they already made the decision and put the money aside, all they can now do is try to carry it out. I agree that more money for advertising is better, but then again, a popular stream wither 2k views (if Helseth were ever to reach that point) would advertise the game better than any marketing. Making more people aware of the game: twitch game streaming < == > word of mouth about the game. Besides, streaming on twitch isn’t only connected to PvP and Esports, but the game in general.
As for you mention of people complaining about balance problems? The balance right now is horrible. It needs to be fixed and the more people cry, the more Anet gets aware. (at least that is how it is suppose to be, if Anet doesn’t care then they are bad developers)

in PvP

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

He does have a few valid points. While I love the game in PvP it has a lot of issues.

Each game is about the 5 classes that always get picked out of a pool of 8. It could be more if the elite specs werent so strong everyone always pick them over the core classes.

The seasons last a little more than a month where too many get to legendary and with a whole month where nothing but trolling unskilled players in unranked is going on.

Other similar competitive games that are taking the streams are very very popular in Asia while GW2 has 200 ping in Korea, 300 in Singapore, god knows how many in Australia and is a completely separate game in China.

Guild Wars 2 is not a competitive game and it doesnt have a majorly competitive audience as most people join for the cushy PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Xynful.8140

Xynful.8140

One of the only few quality streamers leaving. This is bad. I’ve seen other ESL players stream and they’re just boring. They provide quality gameplay, sure, but the commentary, mane, the commentary. It’s terrible. Some barely even speak. But of course, if his goal is to make his channel bigger, then streaming GW2 is obviously not the way to go. Can’t really blame him.

“Monica” – Denzel Washington

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Never said anything about allocating more resources to Esports, but since they already made the decision and put the money aside, all they can now do is try to carry it out. I agree that more money for advertising is better, but then again, a popular stream wither 2k views (if Helseth were ever to reach that point) would advertise the game better than any marketing. Making more people aware of the game: twitch game streaming < == > word of mouth about the game. Besides, streaming on twitch isn’t only connected to PvP and Esports, but the game in general.
As for you mention of people complaining about balance problems? The balance right now is horrible. It needs to be fixed and the more people cry, the more Anet gets aware. (at least that is how it is suppose to be, if Anet doesn’t care then they are bad developers)

Yeah i know i went a bit off topic, just had to get it out of my chest.

And honestly, there’s a lot of negativity toward the games on helseth’s stream anyway, so i’m not sure he was the best streamers to show it off, even if he was the most consistent PvP streamer;

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It’s lingering damage from the “everyone gets a trophy” generation.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

You can defend Gw2 as much as you want, But Helseth is right. The game is not growing in population. & i always said that streamers is a reflection of that. Most of all the popular streamers left or have left streaming Gw2. & you think population has not dwindle as well?

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Sorry but I lmao at the bolded statement. So, is this the same Helseth who said people could carry their game, or the dude who tediously denied MMR hell, or the guy who believed that your teammates could, in no way. Impact the outcome of a game.

Did you even watched his video?
All this has nothing to do with his decision. His main reason is because everyone can get legendary no one want to watch.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Did you even watched his video?
All this has nothing to do with his decision. His main reason is because everyone can get legendary no one want to watch.

it’s the only fivedawgs strike again

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

@Anet
Can we please get rid of this League and get MMR based Leaderboard back?

in PvP

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

Good Luck Helseth ..

Captain Kuro

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

GW2 is just not an interesting eSport to watch

I agree. This is currently correct. However, I think part of Helseth’s issue and the reason why GW2 is so uninteresting is he, as well as all the other top streaming players, want to both gain viewership while generally keeping some of the most interesting parts of their playing, the duels, 2v2 tournaments, practicing of 2v1/1v2 situations, and 5v5 scrims, off of twitch and YouTube.

Of course, they don’t share this because it would sometimes put them at a competitive disadvantage to have their strategies and tendencies so openly documented. While this is understandable, it’s also sad. They all want to win so badly that they inadvertently hurt how entertaining GW2 can be for everyone as a regular form of entertainment. To address this issue, everyone involved would have had to put the growth of the PvP aspects of the game and its community ahead of their potential to win tournaments and pro-league. I have no idea how that could have been or can be accomplished.

(edited by rennlc.7346)

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Wait, Helseth blaming others for his own shortcomings?

Nowai!

Why would he spend time streaming gw2 spvp when it has a minuscule following?

Personally speaking, I would never stream gw2. Hell, I was a hardcore pvper for years, yet I only just hit dolyak rank here because the pvp side of the game is not good when you break it down.

Maybe Anet should bring us professions 2.0, improve many combat mechanics, have more game modes, balance skills separately from pve… instead of squeezing water from stones and expecting players to stick around…

I appreciate it when Anet makes positive additions and changes, but this game is about professions and combat, and both of those are not that great.

I’ll use ranger for 1 minor example… Almost 4 years of begging and begging and begging for sword changes… Finally we get a skill changed and it’s not even that good outside of the lack of root…

We were told the condition meta was too much… Nothing happens.

We were told skills would be added regularly to the game… Nothing happens…

Professions are tested on stationary golems in a movement heavy game…

Moa… Yes, let’s have an unbreakable skill that locks you out of your profession for 10 seconds…

I could go through a list of things, but I think you get the point. Honestly, any quality pvper worth their salt can see the major flaws with the game.

Also, you can’t toss money at a tournament or combine servers in wvw and expect the rest to be ok for the long run.

Anet has the opportunity to make this game the best fantasy combat mmo game out there, but they are wasting that potential because they will not go back and revitilize professions, combat mechanics or separate skills.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

leaving for Overwatch. good on him, me too. May 2nd cant come any sooner. time to put all the gw2 trauma behind.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

To be a “VIABLE” Pro player… you need “viable income”.

Here is a correct article that explain why people like Helseth stop streaming with only 800 viewers.
http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-stream-video-games-for-fun-and-profit-1650749/

For the kitten:

Make some money
The vast majority of streamers do it as a hobby, nothing more. It’s a way to share the games they love with an audience. If you can build up a fan following, though, it’s very possible to turn it into something that pays.

Monetize your Twitch account:
You need an average concurrent viewer count over 500 people (that means 500 people need to be generally watching your streams at any time), as well as a commitment to stream at least three times a week. However, these aren’t hard and fast rules, and if you can demonstrate other factors that might make you a good investment, they might let you in.

Monetize YouTube videos: It’s important to note that some publishers don’t allow you to get revenue from footage of their games — Nintendo is probably the biggest example. Thankfully, most PC publishers are well aware that streamers represent a huge free marketing opportunity and let you claim your share.

Sponsorships: Many companies partner with high-profile streamers and pay them to use or promote their products on stream. These sponsorships typically aren’t super lucrative, but they can be a nice way to pull in a little extra scratch.
Most importantly, have fun. If you’re not enjoying your stream, it’s highly doubtful that anybody else is going to. Don’t let the pressure of subscribers and viewers suck the fun out of playing games.

Actually, for me to get PRO, i would need better revenue stream than my programming work into the insurance CIE + something more because I have a stable and secure revenue…

So… well, I would need to get at least 50 000 viewers and way more to get “even”.

So basically, Gw2 is not suitable to sustain PRO players at all.

Our PRO players of today don’t make a living with Gw2. They are the OLD TOP PLAYERS that still work for a living because Gw2 is not LOL, DOTA or CS:GO.

I find it really funny to called our TOP, pro. To get PRO, you need to LIVE from it.

Btw, Paragon will be better PVP oriented than Overwatch who will be for casual players. Probably better stream audience from Blizzard crowds, but less rewarding than any Epic Megagames.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

He’s trying to get good at Overwatch. But that probably won’t happen because he has a life.

Exactly.

That is/was the nice thing about GW2: you can perform at top level while barely playing.

In real esports games like RTSs and such you literally have to practice hours every day to keep up.

in PvP

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

Watched the whole thing, and I gotta say, like his personality or not – he’s right, if you’re pure PVP’er and solo Q is the only content u can stream it’s just horrible, you have maybe interesting content for 2 weeks at the start of the season to rank up to legend and then nothing, add to that a whole month of unranked and GG, so yeah, I totally understand his point of view.
The recent patch has made great changes to pretty much every game mode out there other except PVP, if you’re hardcore PVP’er tough luck, guild wars is a MMO, you better enjoy some other aspects of the game or find another game, personally I really enjoy WvW solo roaming since last Tuesday.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

in PvP

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I think his persona is kind of funny. Reminds me of a more kitteny Reynad. Best of luck to him in whatever he does.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

lol even helseth has realised this system sucks and has sucked since they added the patch that removed solo queue and mmr leaderboards.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.