Helseth - no more GW2 streams

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Sorry but I lmao at the bolded statement. So, is this the same Helseth who said people could carry their game, or the dude who tediously denied MMR hell, or the guy who believed that your teammates could, in no way. Impact the outcome of a game.

Wow funny how opinions are changing.

Did you even watched his video?
All this has nothing to do with his decision. His main reason is because everyone can get legendary no one want to watch.

So how is that any different from what I have said? How were those folks able to get to legendary? I.e. X vs X?? The same algorithm Helseth supported… And why didn’t he quit after S1? This was an unintended consequence of the the S2 algorithm.

@everyone. What the game need is a competitve ladder (I. E. Only 50 spot in legendary; cap the number of legendary); just take a look at the lol.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So how is that any different from what I have said? How were those folks able to get to legendary? I.e. X vs X?? The same algorithm Helseth supported… And why didn’t he quit after S1? This was an unintended consequence of the the S2 algorithm.

Just to note Helseth isn’t quitting playing the game, he will still play competitively he just won’t stream it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Big part of small view counts is that Helselth is a great player but a bad host. Every now and then he just goes afk or starts typing stuff for 10 minutes completely ignoring the stream (the irony), having the same generic music play every stream, raging like a little kid when someone does bad plays, …. every high profile streamer out there is pushing himself to attract people, whether its gameplay, personality, vibe and most of them stream for like 3-4 hours a day, building their viewership one person at a time.

U need some serious dedication to push your numbers and helthseth is one of the least i’ve seen. Best reasonn is probably cause “he has a life”, as he would say, unfortunately almost all these popular streamers sacrifice part of their social life for their viewers. Changing to some more popular game wont make any difference.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Have to agree with the guy, the lack of solo queue trumps any mediocre attempt at balance arena net might pull.
I know that is why i dont really care about ranking up.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

^This is mostly false. the most popular Overwatch streamer used to stream TF2, and would top out at 150 viewers. he switched to OW when he got into beta, there was a high interest in the game, and boom 3-4k viewers. he was able to maintain the numbers since. he does have a great personality, but Helseth does ok as well. it mostly comes down to the game.

anyway, i cant wait to leave this kittenshow and play a pvp game with a dedicated and experienced team. May 2nd cant come any sooner. OW is a great alternative if you like ARPG combat, the big difference being it’s not plagued by MMO problems and amateur devs.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I don’t see the point of objecting Helseth’s way of managing his twitch. I dislike his videos for the same reasons as many of you suggested, even to the point of stop watching altogether since 1.5 years ago.

But despite my negative feelings, he is (and it is a fact) one of the most popular GW2 pvp streamers around. Having him leave streaming is bad for business, and it definitely says something when ANet wants to push Esport.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

the big difference being it’s not plagued by MMO problems and amateur devs.

Oh poor, innocent soul. If you knew Blizzard you’d know how absolutely garbage they are at balancing. Not a single one of their games is saved.

Overwatch is a solid game, but they’ve already shown during alpha and beta that they barely have any clue on how to properly balance out the relative small pool they have at the moment. I honestly lost count of the 180s they did. I expect kitten to really hit the fan as they introduce more characters.
If you’re really looking for a pvp game not plagued by problems and with great devs, you’re looking at Counterstrike or Dota.

Still, apples and oranges.
You couldn’t pick two more different games to compare if you tried.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

in PvP

mistsim.2748

^oh you dont have to tell me about the beta, ive been in it =) it’s been a super positive experience for me. i dont think you at all comprehend what a beta test is for. they actually managed to make almost every hero viable in competitive play, PRIOR to the release (see use of Bastion in LG vs. C9). theyre even revamping competitive play as we speak, based on mass player feedback. they actually play their own game at a high level, and understand it better than any pleb player. most importantly they have a vision for the game.

you’re right though, OW and GW2 are apples and oranges. but only in a sense that one is a dedicated pvp game with a team that has a vision, and the other one is a faceroll spamfest with no build variety, no vision, terrible competitive play, and basically no audience. Helseth and myself are just a small sample, but gw2 will lose a lot of pvp’ers to OW because both games appeal to those who like action combat with a touch of RPG. dota2 and CS are old, and dont appeal to everyone. i play both casually.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Sorry but I lmao at the bolded statement. So, is this the same Helseth who said people could carry their game, or the dude who tediously denied MMR hell, or the guy who believed that your teammates could, in no way. Impact the outcome of a game.

Anyways, my biggest issue with gw2 is the boon spam… way way too much spam. I have seen druids/ranger maintain 17 stack of might, that should nt be a thing.

Hey now, that’s only me and a few other Druids… It’s not Meta. I’d get kicked out of GASM by Mckitteny for running something like THAT!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Zeghart.9841

they actually managed to make almost every hero viable in competitive play, PRIOR to the release

We must have been playing two different games. My overwatch is the game where every competitive team ever only played Lucio for support, then they nerfed him, and every competitive team ever started playing only Mercy in that role. Then they nerfed her, and everyone started stacking Zenyatta (why stacking characters is even I thing I don’t know) then they nerfed him, and everyone started picking only Lucio again. Devs literally spinned in place for a few months and they’re back at the start.

The Blizzard “balance” mentality is to pass the OP stick around while nerfing to uselessness the previous OP thing. I’ve experienced it for ten years and it doesn’t show any signs of stopping. But by all means, have fun with Overwatch, it’s still a good game at its core. It’s just a poor competitive game because Blizzard is behind it.

By the way, what do you mean with “RPG”? Overwatch has literally nothing in common with that term. It’s just a first person shooter with hero abilities.

(edited by Zeghart.9841)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Oh poor, innocent soul. If you knew Blizzard you’d know how absolutely garbage they are at balancing. Not a single one of their games is saved.

Overwatch is a solid game, but they’ve already shown during alpha and beta that they barely have any clue on how to properly balance out the relative small pool they have at the moment. I honestly lost count of the 180s they did. I expect kitten to really hit the fan as they introduce more characters.
If you’re really looking for a pvp game not plagued by problems and with great devs, you’re looking at Counterstrike or Dota.

Atleast blizzard has content tho.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

mistsim.2748

they actually managed to make almost every hero viable in competitive play, PRIOR to the release

We must have been playing two different games. My overwatch is the game where every competitive team ever only played Lucio as support, then they nerfed him, and every competitive team ever started playing only Mercy. Then they nerfed her, and everyone started stacking Zenyatta (why stacking characters is even I thing I don’t know) then they nerfed him, and everyone started picking only Lucio again. Devs literally spinned in place for a few months and they’re back at the start.

The Blizzard “balance” mentality is to pass the OP stick around while nerfing to uselessness the previous OP thing. I’ve experienced it for ten years and it doesn’t show any signs of stopping. But by all means, have fun with Overwatch, it’s still a good game at its core. It’s just a poor competitive game because Blizzard is behind it.

By the way, what do you mean with “RPG”? Overwatch has literally nothing in common with that term. It’s just a first person shooter with hero abilities.

competitive OW players are pretty happy with the balance in general. i watch lots of tournaments and different streamers. there isn’t a single superior team comp due to how the map changes constantly. due to the skill-based nature of the game, it takes a long time to actually work out a consistent “meta.” and if one stuck around for slightly too long, they quickly nipped it in the bud (i.e. Winston stacking).

Zen is a bit weak at the moment, but the other supports are all strong. the game was in beta, so they experimented with different extremes purposefully. that’s what beta testing is for. other than that, i think youre mixing up Blizz with ANet. the only game that Blizz balanced horrendously was WoW, but no one took its pvp seriously for long. they did a great job with D3 (eventually) and SC2. HoTS balance is pretty good actually, but i just hate the game itself.

overall the devs demonstrated 1) a solid understanding of their own game, and 2) an unwavering willingness to listen to and act on feedback when there is a consensus among players. ANet fails with the former, and delays the latter way too much.

RPG elements in OW are the cooldown based abilities and ults. abilities on cooldowns come from RPG’s. the shooter element is the first person perspective. it’s a FPS first though, and that is apparent.

im no blizz fanboy. i thought they were the devil when i pvp’d in WoW. but you cant deny that they make good quality games, support them consistently, and come up with the most popular IP’s on the market.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

He is really right about one thing. S2 was constant blow out matches. It was horrible. I really hope ANET announces a new system soon before S3.

Also, I agree about the solo queue vs team queue. It is really easy to run to legendary while queuing with someone. I’d really like to see a solo queue only season.

in PvP

Archon.6480

Um, I find this ironic, several of us where saying the matchmaking was broken in S2 and he comes out with some stupid self indulgent rant about you suck if you are on a 30 game losing streak and you need to carry. Then makes some nonsensical statement about “if the game score is 400-500 you are the problem because you didn’t carry.” All the while he was being placed on stacked teams where he could have done almost nothing and won.

Now he says boohoo, the matches were boring and no one is watching anymore. Maybe he could have put aside the BS early on and acknowledged the problem with the rest of us?

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Zeghart.9841

the only game that Blizz balanced horrendously was WoW, but no one took its pvp seriously for long. they did a great job with D3 (eventually) and SC2. HoTS balance is pretty good actually, but i just hate the game itself.

WoW is the pinnacle of it, but it also shows in their other games. Diablo is very similar, with classes having huge highs and lows depending on the season and without much diversity in endgame builds. Hearthstone is another game where they showed their balance mentality, basically deleting whole decks from the game instead of simply tuning them down. Even Starcraft which is arguably their most balanced game has always had problems and favored races. They’re much less obvious luckily, but they’re still there.

RPG elements in OW are the cooldown based abilities and ults. abilities on cooldowns come from RPG’s. the shooter element is the first person perspective. it’s a FPS first though, and that is apparent.

I don’t really agree with that, as abilities and cds are used widely across tons of genres, but I guess it’s up to interpretation. Kind of a side point anyway.

In any case, we’re going widely offtopic :P To each its own, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

WoW is the pinnacle of it, but it also shows in their other games. Diablo is very similar, with classes having huge highs and lows depending on the season and without much diversity in endgame builds. Hearthstone is another game where they showed their balance mentality, basically deleting whole decks from the game instead of simply tuning them down. Even Starcraft which is arguably their most balanced game has always had problems and favored races. They’re much less obvious luckily, but they’re still there.

Just curious, can you qualify any of those statements with actual examples?

I would agree about WoW, but that game had a huge number of skills and classes; it was always going to be unbalanced.

The highs and lows of build swings have ironed out a lot in Diablo 3 since the new team took over. There was multiple builds for each class that could achieve reasonably high greater rift numbers. The lack of diversity is intentional; it’s not trying to be Path of Exile.

Most “problems” in Starcraft 2 were imbalance issues after initial expansion releases, but were later ironed out. The statistic for winnings per race in professional tournaments have always been, surprisingly, even across the board.

The only decks deleted out of existence in Hearthstone were one turn kill decks with win conditions reasonably achievable enough to get out of hand and make it to the pro tournaments. They have always had a firm stance on those decks, because they have no viable counters except your opponent screwing up or getting a bad draw.

They nerfed those decks by targeting single cards that were central to the one turn kill combo and it didn’t delete them out of existance. The famous Patron deck that dominated the 2015 tournament scene is still played in the pro scene as a “toned down” tempo deck; all other examples besides miracle rogue fell out of the meta, because of new cards being introduced.

They actually rarely ever nerf cards; they prefer to deal with overly strong meta decks by introducing new cards to counter them.

So…yeah…I don’t really see how any of this is more than a baseless “It’s cool now to hate on Blizzard” or one of those “Even though different teams worked on all these games, they are all incompetent (for reasons?), because they work at a company I want to hate” rants.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

you’re right though, OW and GW2 are apples and oranges. but only in a sense that one is a dedicated pvp game with a team that has a vision, and the other one is a faceroll spamfest with no build variety, no vision, terrible competitive play, and basically no audience.

And how many builds does the tracer have in Overwatch? Or any other hero

Have some call of duty while waiting for OW.

P.S:

im no blizz fanboy. i thought they were the devil when i pvp’d in WoW. but you cant deny that they make good quality games, support them consistently, and come up with the most popular IP’s on the market.

“I thought they were the devil but I still paid a subscription fee to the devil” – see how dumb this sounds.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Um, I find this ironic, several of us where saying the matchmaking was broken in S2 and he comes out with some stupid self indulgent rant about you suck if you are on a 30 game losing streak and you need to carry. Then makes some nonsensical statement about “if the game score is 400-500 you are the problem because you didn’t carry.” All the while he was being placed on stacked teams where he could have done almost nothing and won.

Now he says boohoo, the matches were boring and no one is watching anymore. Maybe he could have put aside the BS early on and acknowledged the problem with the rest of us?

I sort of see the irony but I think he also touches on the fact that the difference between a pro player and a “good” player in legend is like day and night, especially this late in the season which results in blow-out matches.

I’m not sure if this is comparable but I think it might be the same feeling some of us are experiencing when we are playing unranked. E.g. you’ll come across some guy in a 1 v 1 and you’ll 100-0 them without even trying.

Would this be the same feeling the pro players are getting when they play? I’m in legend atm and I wouldn’t call myself a “bad” player but when I’m matched against a pro in 1 v 1 in ranked, it’s quite clear that I have no chance of beating them.

P.s. where’s my super staff skin! I’ll take hammer instead now though cos I managed to grind 350 bauble baubles <3

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

poor matchmaking, poor balance, stale power creep, skill effects make for poor spectator experience, dying game.

can’t say I’m surprised haha

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

Helseth is by far the most entertaining streamer i watch. He deserves much more support and viewers then he currently has and to achieve that he must change the game. Best of luck with everything and i will still watch you no matter which game you play.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Just curious, can you qualify any of those statements with actual examples?

He is entirely right about Blizzard being bad at balancing their games, Diablo III at least.

Season 4 Crusader was useless and fell like 8 GR behind the top class (which means doing like a 35-40% of the needed dps), then rised to top class along Wizard in Season 5 (like 2 GR behind, 94 vs 96) and now in Season 6 is again useless due they top build is the same as in S5, so nobody is playing sader to use the same LoN Bombardment build or underperforming builds (again: the lack of viable variants in Diablo III makes GW2 a heaven in comparison).

GW2 main fault is that developers are unable to geat at least one relevant build per class each competition (which means that 4-5 classes are always dominant) and much less to being able to offer some VIABLE build variety in each class, but at least the core gameplay of the game is fun and the combat system is brilliant.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Yeah, most important and entertaining GW2 streamer decides to not stream anymore, totally not a big deal. Once Leeto decides to quit aswell you can go and enjoy your boring and monotonous family friendly streamers.

This is exactly whats wrong with this community:, casualness and a non competitive mindset.

Family friendly lol? You realise that the only people who think being a kitten to everyone is entertaining are kids. Same with people who use “bad language”. O wow look he is calling people names. He must be awesome! That is what 13 year olds think. I would guess helseth’s viewers were almost entirely young children as his attitude would not appeal to anyone else

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

but you cant deny that they make good quality games, support them consistently…

True, on the other hand they very rarely come up with anything themselves, rather simply copying another game (or buying the company in the case of Diablo) and then with the exception of Starcraft (which is basically an online modern multiplayer version of an old game called Dune 2000) they dumb it down and make it casual friendly easy mode for the masses, like MOBAs -> HotS, Magic The Gathering -> Hearthstone, EQ,Ultima, etc -> WoW, and so on.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Understandable. I’m not sure how successfull his Overwatch streams will be, but he’s fun to watch most of the times. GW2 PvP and game in general has no growth on Twitch and I can’t see it changing anytime soon, probably till another expansion.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

He’s basically kitten about BogOtter’s subscription count while he has measly 60 subs. Thus he’s going to try to farm some.

Best of luck with his endeavours but it has nothing to do with the current game state, he’s just jelly

Probably feels bad to see a PvE pleb having better “strim” than his “uber” “strim”

in PvP

Zeghart.9841

The lack of diversity is intentional; it’s not trying to be Path of Exile.

Sorry but “The lack of diversity is intentional” might be the worst argument ever.
If it is, then it’s horrible design.

Most “problems” in Starcraft 2 were imbalance issues after initial expansion releases, but were later ironed out. The statistic for winnings per race in professional tournaments have always been, surprisingly, even across the board.

Except the game is still in a sorry state, with fans demanding more frequent patching that Blizzard seems to refuse to do. The game got better after the pretty bad launch of LotV, but it still has many units that are overperforming (hello Liberators) and underperforming. The fact that views on Twitch and 1v1 games played dropped massively lately is enough to tell you what state the game is in.

They actually rarely ever nerf cards; they prefer to deal with overly strong meta decks by introducing new cards to counter them.

Funny you should say that, since just two days ago they nerfed quite a number of cards. Some to the point that will probably not see play again, just like what happened to Warsong Commander or Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

So…yeah…I don’t really see how any of this is more than a baseless “It’s cool now to hate on Blizzard”

To say that the accusation that Blizzard games are badly balanced is “baseless” would mean never actually playing any of their games. It’s a pretty widely known fact in the gaming community.
Not to mention that I see the exact opposite of what you’re describing. It’s much more common to see fanboys completely dismissing terrible decisions from Blizzard than seeing people overreact to them.

Still, again I’m afraid this is massively off topic.
Probably best to end this Blizzard-themed discussion now. :P

(edited by Zeghart.9841)

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Helseth never said that the matchmaking is good or anything on the contrary he said right at the start that legendary has pretty much 0 Prestige because everyone is able to become it easily while in other games only about 2% are able to reach the ‘prestige satate’. And exactly that is the reason why he made fun of those guys who claimed being stucked in ruby not being able to reach legendary. Simply because it was super easy if you are at least
decent.

So he never made any contradiction. He thinks that the matchmaking is bad but because of another reason,which people dont seem to understand

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Helseth never said that the matchmaking is good or anything on the contrary he said right at the start that legendary has pretty much 0 Prestige because everyone is able to become it easily while in other games only about 2% are able to reach the ‘prestige satate’. And exactly that is the reason why he made fun of those guys who claimed being stucked in ruby not being able to reach legendary. Simply because it was super easy if you are at least
decent.

So he never made any contradiction. He thinks that the matchmaking is bad but because of another reason,which people dont seem to understand

Lol, funny you didn’t even watch his video and yet you are giving an opinion on the subject. To correct you he did say the MM was good, and I quote " that’s how a ladder I supposed to work"

I guess now he is crying cause the ladder is so advocated for, didn’t keep as many player as he wanted from attaining legendary. But I’ll add more to the quote once i’ll have time

http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/52274472?t=04h16m47s

Worth a watch, what do you guys think? is the system favoring higher MMR players or are we all just refusing to admit we aren’t as good as we think?

I ll advise you to check his video.

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I wish him the best because is IS funny and a good player,but when it comes to top mesmer players I’ve always favored listening to Supcutie.

He is very informative and I’ve always preferred the way he represents himself and tips. In the bunker meta when bunker chrono was top tier, Supcutie gave advice on how to be a good tier 1 bunker chrono which as cancer as it was, would be the ideal build for serious chrono players and helped me trememndously.

Helseth made a tutorial during this same time but for basically double ranged shatter mes (power dps) which was obsolete. It puzzled me why a tutorial was made for a build that won’t get used or is viable. You could argue for the “skill factor” but let’s be honest here, if you want to win in the most efficient way, you would take the best build for your team cancer or not. When I come I see top tier players, I come to see the current best, not living in the past.

This is in no way slamming on Helseth because he is entertaining to watch and a godly player for sure, but when it came to learning/educating myself on the mesmer class from professionals, Supcutie did a better job.

in PvP

mistsim.2748

you’re right though, OW and GW2 are apples and oranges. but only in a sense that one is a dedicated pvp game with a team that has a vision, and the other one is a faceroll spamfest with no build variety, no vision, terrible competitive play, and basically no audience.

And how many builds does the tracer have in Overwatch? Or any other hero

Have some call of duty while waiting for OW.

P.S:

“I thought they were the devil but I still paid a subscription fee to the devil” – see how dumb this sounds.

wow, what a toxic response. yes of course i paid for it because i loved the game from its golden age during vanilla and TBC. like with GW2, i hoped for a long time the devs would come around. and back then, it was the best MMO.

how many builds does Tracer have? youre obviously being coy. each hero is a different build. so you can basically say the game has 21 viable builds ON RELEASE. given that Build Wars 2 has only 9 professions, and each has one or two best builds at most, it only has 9+ viable possibilities. after almost 4 years!! not only that, but elites made all core builds non-viable.

True, on the other hand they very rarely come up with anything themselves, rather simply copying another game (or buying the company in the case of Diablo) and then with the exception of Starcraft (which is basically an online modern multiplayer version of an old game called Dune 2000) they dumb it down and make it casual friendly easy mode for the masses, like MOBAs -> HotS, Magic The Gathering -> Hearthstone, EQ,Ultima, etc -> WoW, and so on.

this is true, but they almost always improve on the original. HoTS is one exception to that, it’s probably the worst AAA moba out.

OW did copy TF2’s game modes, and the ideas of picking-counterpicking heroes from mobas, but the overall product has a fresh, unique feel to it.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

dominik.9721

Lol, funny you didn’t even watch his video and yet you are giving an opinion on the subject. To correct you he did say the MM was good, and I quote " that’s how a ladder I supposed to work"

I guess now he is crying cause the ladder is so advocated for, didn’t keep as many player as he wanted from attaining legendary. But I’ll add more to the quote once i’ll have time

Worth a watch, what do you guys think? is the system favoring higher MMR players or are we all just refusing to admit we aren’t as good as we think?

I saw it live and nothing of this is changing anything of what I did say.
Maybe you should watch it again because it seems you clearly didn’t understand what he was saying. Otherwise you wouldn’t have written something like this

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Dune 2000 1998, Starcraft 1996.

Starcraft was really a mod of Warcraft. So no it was not based on dune 2000.

Also I wouldn’t call ultima friendly to the masses. One of the few games where a good small group could take out larger groups. Won a 3 v 20 once lol.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Maybe you should watch it again because it seems you clearly didn’t understand what he was saying. Otherwise you wouldn’t have written something like this

Well, I am fearing for your wellbeing Dominika. Because 1 min into the video, the Lord Helseth saI’d and I quote " I play every gane with a carry mindset" and , paraphrasing what he said " you have to carry every game if you want to win". So idk what you are grasping at… but I’ll do you a favor and convert his whole video to text. And ill make sure, the key points/ sentences are highlighted. Meanwhile, I d seriously recommend you to watch the WHOLE video.

Well, it might not change any of what you said, since you;re entitled to your opinion, still doesnt change the fact that you are WRONG.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Also I wouldn’t call ultima friendly to the masses. One of the few games where a good small group could take out larger groups. Won a 3 v 20 once lol.

Dune 2 was 1992 though, and the first warcraft RTS was 1996. Warcraft was definitely a “mod” (building upon) of Dune 2. Oh yeah, and Command & Conquer was 1995 XD

Blizzard, pfft.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

Archon.6480

Would this be the same feeling the pro players are getting when they play? I’m in legend atm and I wouldn’t call myself a “bad” player but when I’m matched against a pro in 1 v 1 in ranked, it’s quite clear that I have no chance of beating them.

P.s. where’s my super staff skin! I’ll take hammer instead now though cos I managed to grind 350 bauble baubles <3

Flimpy! The world’s best carry Mesmer! :-) Aw man, you got the staff skin. Wait a minute, Mesmer can’t use hammer! That’s crazy talk.

Back on topic, I made exhausted legend this season and still get destroyed vs. the pros as well, so that might be true to an extent. I imagine it is the same feeling we get when smashing poor souls in unranked. We can say that our actions determine the outcome of the match. So maybe, from his perspective, it wasn’t totally untrue what he said.

Regardless, the team stacking makes for some really boring matches, win or loose. Not very fun to watch a pro on a stacked team pound a bunch of helpless players into dust. That would get old very fast.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Season 2 was full of imbalanced match ups e.g. 80-500 win or loss. Very few people want to watch such lopsided games. If there is no professional streamers, then we cannot talk about esports.

If Arenanet wants to make this game more Twitch streaming friendly, they need to:
1. Change match making to provide more even games
2. Tone down particle effects, AoE spam, CC spam, passive effects and give almost all powerful skills a unique easy to see animation, so that the audience can see what is happening
3. Have better game balance and more varied builds
4. Consider introducing 5vs5 team elimination mode as conquest is like observing football with 2-3 balls (camera can just follow 1, thus we miss the rest of the action)

I am not advocating Arenanet to carbon copy League of Legends or CS:GO, which are the most streamed games, but learn some useful things from them and keep GW2 unique and fun for as large population as possible. Currently GW2 caters too much to a small minority.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

well no matter if you like him or not , i think thats a bad thing for the community.
he is one of the best mesmer players and now new players wont be able to join the stream to watch, learn and ask questions about mesmer in pvp..
i dont know if there is any mesmer player from any pro leagues teams that streams now, and i dont think thats healthy for the game overall

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

well no matter if you like him or not , i think thats a bad thing for the community.
he is one of the best mesmer players and now new players wont be able to join the stream to watch, learn and ask questions about mesmer in pvp..
i dont know if there is any mesmer player from any pro leagues teams that streams now, and i dont think thats healthy for the game overall

There’s barely any mesmers from any level making vids now. I’d say that’s in part due to the kitten poor viable build diversity XD

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

dominik.9721

Well, I am fearing for your wellbeing Dominika. Because 1 min into the video, the Lord Helseth saI’d and I quote " I play every gane with a carry mindset" and , paraphrasing what he said " you have to carry every game if you want to win".

maybe check the context and not only 2 sentences that you are refering to your “qq I can’t get past Ruby cos mmr-hell and it’s impossible to carry” He never changed his opinion on that. He is refering to the 5v5 as a whole in general, comparing it with solo games where the outcome is determined by himself 100% – he is not addressing your qq-problem of season 2.
Those are two pairs of shoes.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

We must have been playing two different games. My overwatch is the game where every competitive team ever only played Lucio for support, then they nerfed him, and every competitive team ever started playing only Mercy in that role. Then they nerfed her, and everyone started stacking Zenyatta (why stacking characters is even I thing I don’t know) then they nerfed him, and everyone started picking only Lucio again. Devs literally spinned in place for a few months and they’re back at the start.

They nerfed heroes to make other heroes viable? That alone is better than Gw2.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

In my opinion, there is currently no way to separate a “good” player from a “bad” one. The only thing the current system (with prestige) shows is who has the most free time, which is not exactly something to admire in a person, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Anyways, my biggest issue with gw2 is the boon spam… way way too much spam. I have seen druids/ranger maintain 17 stack of might, that should nt be a thing.

Hey now, that’s only me and a few other Druids… It’s not Meta. I’d get kicked out of GASM by Mckitteny for running something like THAT!

You are doing right.

You can count on your hand the people that are good in GASM.

Paw Paw (patchy) would be the only real one and he never REPRESENT that pvx guild nor play with them.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Not sure about Content… way more sure about appealing to the largest casual player base of the World.

The place where Carebear rules.

I repeat, OW will get hundred thousands of streamers but the competitive play will be grind based like gw2 is.

Paragon system will be much more rewarding for competitive skill-based players.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

BS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_II

I played that game and the key to win was doing Defensive Tower path to the enemy based. This is… what people play DOTA 10 years later.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

gl helseth, im going to miss your painfully sarcastic remarks.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Not sure about Content… way more sure about appealing to the largest casual player base of the World.

The place where Carebear rules.

I repeat, OW will get hundred thousands of streamers but the competitive play will be grind based like gw2 is.

It’s a shame it’s almost dead by default below overwatch due to the developer.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Maybe but its a MOBA.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

I don’t blame her for doing this but GW2, Hearthstone & Overwatch? Boring.

I only enjoyed her stream when she played Blade & Soul but of course, she realised that it wasn’t casual as kitten and decided to give up while making excuses that you need to PvE too much etc. I can confirm, you do not.

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I don’t blame her for doing this but GW2, Hearthstone & Overwatch? Boring.

I only enjoyed her stream when she played Blade & Soul but of course, she realised that it wasn’t casual as kitten and decided to give up while making excuses that you need to PvE too much etc. I can confirm, you do not.

BnS pvp seems mediocre i was going to getthe game but after watching some pvp on youtibe i decided against it, also i dont think you know who we are talking about helseth is a guy

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: OmniumExtinction.3479

OmniumExtinction.3479

WC1 was released in 1994 and it was the first of it´s kind regarding the ARM and bandboxing option