Helseths Rant of the Week: THIS META

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Just because he’s a kitten doesn’t make him any less right, a lot of top pvp’ers tend to be “rough around the edges” and if Anet uses that as an excuse to ignore his advice they’re stupider than I thought.

Guy 1 starts walking towards a cliff with a steep drop off unknowingly.

Guy 2 says “Hey f***t**d stop walking that way you’re gonna fall of a cliff moron.”

Guy 1 “Wow that is just rude why would I listen to you?”

Guy 1 falls off the cliff…

Well if Guy 2 doesn’ t learn some proper manners he can expect to have many more Guy 1 on his coscience.

Ok? and what is your point? Guy 2 should be a nice when warning Guy 1? Oh, people fall because you were so rude when warning them, so they fall is because you, its all your fault. what?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Yeah, I asked him on his stream to justify some (not all, but some) of the things he said in his rant. He responded by throwing out all kinds of insults at me, and completely and utterly evading the question altogether.

He’s incredibly rude, and it’s not wonder ANet doesn’t want him coming on these forums; he’s a stain on our otherwise decent community.

Do you have any proof of this, or should we just accept your word as proof (and I might add, he seems to not be able to post here). Because in that case, it is just your PoV and honestly it seems a bit slanderous.
I have seen people posting here and seeming reasonable, but when you play with them, they are imho none of the sort. In other words: We don’t really know people in here. For all I know, you could have started out by saying something that seemed rude to him, isn’t it?

There are a lot of you asking me for proof, and since you’re the only one that seems at least slightly honest, I’ll respond to you.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv/b/453218582 go to 1:08:00

You can’t see the chat unfortunately, but that doesn’t change the fact that I brought up arguments about the thief, and he either responded by throwing out insults or (as in the argument that I made about LS being vulnerable) he’ll just rudely ignore what we say and answer the question himself. It really goes on like this until 1:12:00, although if you watch longer you can see him really start to rage about he’s faaaarrrrrr more successful than any of the people that were watching his stream, and just… Whatever. You get the point.

So, does that answer y’alls concerns?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

Yeah, I asked him on his stream to justify some (not all, but some) of the things he said in his rant. He responded by throwing out all kinds of insults at me, and completely and utterly evading the question altogether.

He’s incredibly rude, and it’s not wonder ANet doesn’t want him coming on these forums; he’s a stain on our otherwise decent community.

because defaming someone in a public forum without any prove is a decent community. cool story.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv/b/453218582 1:08:00

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

Justify what?
Pretty much everything in his rant is true, definitely not false (not taking any sides in any argument, just curious as to what needed to be justified).

Even if it is true (and I don’t think it is- not all of it, anyways), then Helseth needs to be able to at least counter the arguments that are made as counterpoints to his.

I’ve made a lot of arguments about the S/D spec in the past. I’ve watched cast times up to tenths of a second and analyzed every trait point, every stat that’s put into the spec. I’ve talked about a lot of ways that the spec can be played, the ways it can be countered, the ways you can counter those counters, and the ways opponents can counter your counters to their counters. And yet, of all of those people, Helseth is the first that didn’t even attempt to counter my points- he just completely blasted me in his stream when he honestly knows nothing about me whatsoever.

Anyways, to answer your question, his complaints about S/D thief need to be justified.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Just because he’s a kitten doesn’t make him any less right, a lot of top pvp’ers tend to be “rough around the edges” and if Anet uses that as an excuse to ignore his advice they’re stupider than I thought.

Guy 2 says “Hey f***t**d stop walking that way you’re gonna fall of a cliff moron.”

Well if Guy 2 doesn’ t learn some proper manners he can expect to have many more Guy 1 on his coscience.

Guy 2 ignores you for so long you can no longer say this somehow else, and then he will finally have a reason to ignore you forever.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Guy 2 ignores you for so long you can no longer say this somehow else, and then he will finally have a reason to ignore you forever.

Guy 2 respawn’s and still thinks Guy 1 is a rude jerk, because its a game and not life or death.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Do you have any proof of this, or should we just accept your word as proof (and I might add, he seems to not be able to post here). Because in that case, it is just your PoV and honestly it seems a bit slanderous.
I have seen people posting here and seeming reasonable, but when you play with them, they are imho none of the sort. In other words: We don’t really know people in here. For all I know, you could have started out by saying something that seemed rude to him, isn’t it?

There are a lot of you asking me for proof, and since you’re the only one that seems at least slightly honest, I’ll respond to you.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv/b/453218582 go to 1:08:00

You can’t see the chat unfortunately, but that doesn’t change the fact that I brought up arguments about the thief, and he either responded by throwing out insults or (as in the argument that I made about LS being vulnerable) he’ll just rudely ignore what we say and answer the question himself. It really goes on like this until 1:12:00, although if you watch longer you can see him really start to rage about he’s faaaarrrrrr more successful than any of the people that were watching his stream, and just… Whatever. You get the point.

So, does that answer y’alls concerns?

First: Thx for giving me the credibility of the doubt.
He chose his words incredibly unfortunate … as we say in my part of Denmark. That much I can say. I pride myself of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but even if I disagree with your PoV on S/D-thieves, that is not a constructive approach he just demonstrated.
Even more: I can’t seem the reason behind having a class, that only a very few exceptionally good players are able to play or just survive with.
I read your post about S/D some time ago, but I think I need to re-read it. I disagree with your view about them being balanced, but I do perhaps owe you a more in depth reply, but I don’t have the time to do so atm or in the near future :’( … rl is going nuts with work and family-issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Guy 2 respawn’s and still thinks Guy 1 is a rude jerk, because its a game and not life or death.

I miss the point where GW2’s PvP team presses the respawn button, goes back in time with it and makes a different Pvp from the start.

I don’t think you know what’s this discusson’s about.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

kitten you guys don’t understand what an analogy is do you?

It’s on Guy 1 to either take good advice instead of letting his feelings get in the way and being stubborn enough to cause his demise.

because defaming someone in a public forum without any prove is a decent community. cool story.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv/b/453218582 1:08:00

Lol feign innocence all you want, his response doesn’t match “asked him on his stream to justify some (not all, but some) of the things he said”.

It sounds like someone is stating something stupid as a fact and he’s annoyed by it.

(edited by Knote.2904)

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Lol feign innocence all you want, his response doesn’t match “asked him on his stream to justify some (not all, but some) of the things he said”.

It sounds like someone is stating something stupid as a fact and he’s annoyed by it.

Let us for a second assume you are right. How does that in any way justify saying the things he said?
As Arganthium readily admitted, we can’t see the chat, and that is a problem when trying to judge things objectively, it does however not change my PoV, that you shouldn’t say the things Helseth said. Simple as that. It isn’t contructive. But yeah .. we can all get heated up.

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

First: Thx for giving me the credibility of the doubt.
He chose his words incredibly unfortunate … as we say in my part of Denmark. That much I can say. I pride myself of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but even if I disagree with your PoV on S/D-thieves, that is not a constructive approach he just demonstrated.
Even more: I can’t seem the reason behind having a class, that only a very few exceptionally good players are able to play or just survive with.
I read your post about S/D some time ago, but I think I need to re-read it. I disagree with your view about them being balanced, but I do perhaps owe you a more in depth reply, but I don’t have the time to do so atm or in the near future :’( … rl is going nuts with work and family-issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

As you said, whether or not you stand on one side of the issue or the other, it’s simply unacceptable that a high-level player, streaming on the most consistently watched Guild Wars 2 stream, went into such a ridiculous rage for virtually no reason like that.

Also, it’s fine if you can’t go into depth with me about S/D- I’m not going to completely flame you for it. xD neither you nor anybody else owes me anything in this game, and, of course, IRL > GW2. Speaking of which- good luck with any of your RL issues, that’s unfortunate.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

Something that confuses me is how many things this guy says that are flatly incorrect.

He goes on about the buff to halting strike, but halting strike was barely buffed at all. The patch notes about it lied. It does double the damage it used to, which means at 2300 power it does about 700, and it doesn’t appear to count interrupting autoattacks as interrupts the way he says either. You get the impression he’s read about the game, but not actually played it…

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Something that confuses me is how many things this guy says that are flatly incorrect.

He goes on about the buff to halting strike, but halting strike was barely buffed at all. The patch notes about it lied. It does double the damage it used to, which means at 2300 power it does about 700, and it doesn’t appear to count interrupting autoattacks as interrupts the way he says either. You get the impression he’s read about the game, but not actually played it…

Well it does seem to hit fairly well when it crits given you use the berserker gear. I take it over 20% mw damage most of the time.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Wow…if anyone was watching the twitch stream it’s been confirmed they don’t focus on it being fun…their focus is spectating, on trying to push the esport…… all I can say is wow =(

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The criticism toward interrupt traits is a good, understated point. That’s one of the reasons Runes of Perplexity are absurd right now.

Interrupts might take skill in other games and Guild Wars 1, but that’s because in those games proper interrupting centers around interrupting a specific ability, like a big heal or nuke, and players actually know what they’re interrupting through cast bars. Just interrupting anything at random is equally skill-less in other games.

(edited by Lopez.7369)