Hero Point Reward Track in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

We can earn hero points in both PvE and WvW. Why can we not earn them in PvP? As a mainly PvP player who sometimes ventures out into WvW and… even… PvE….(gasp) on a slim occasion, after playing PvP I don’t want to climb to hard to reach places in convoluted maps or play endless hours in WvW for hero points to use the new classes.

My solution is this: Add a Hero Point Reward Track in PvP. 10 per completion. Boom, now it’s still a grind like in PvE/WvW but I don’t have to go do endless hours of PvE/WvW if I want to go roaming with friends or do a raid?

Thoughts?

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

To be honest you can get all the hero points you need to unlock the Elite Spec in a day.

I hate grind but even i gotta say its not really that hard or takes too long at all.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I totally agree with OP, this would be a good reward track

in PvP

Newbkakes.4971

To be honest you can get all the hero points you need to unlock the Elite Spec in a day.

I hate grind but even i gotta say its not really that hard or takes too long at all.

Yeah, but why shouldn’t I be able to get it in my prefered game type? The other two get it, why not us?

The quickest I got all HP was 1 day… running with a guild group who was doing HP trains and knew every single one.

Also most PvE HP cannot be obtained by just 1 person because they spawn champs. Getting my PvP buddies to do PvE… ha…ha…

It’d be super easy to implement.

Wipin zergs since 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

That’s not really the point. It’s actually a great quality of life improvement to be able to run WvW and get HP’s you need for your 4th or 5th alt. It’d be nice if the same were true in sPvP.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

That’s not really the point. It’s actually a great quality of life improvement to be able to run WvW and get HP’s you need for your 4th or 5th alt. It’d be nice if the same were true in sPvP.

I think its a good idea , ive done all HP on 5 Alts. It would be easier of course if i could get them as a reward track so i would be happy to have that track also. I think what i was trying to say was that if you do occasional WvW or PVE then getting the HP done is not super grindy. There are enough people doing them that you never have to try and solo. I have a commanders tag and i would just go to HP, call on Map Chat and within a couple minutes at least 2 or 3 people would show up which is all you need to do any of the champs.

(edited by Spartacus.3192)

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yeah, but why shouldn’t I be able to get it in my prefered game type? The other two get it, why not us?

The quickest I got all HP was 1 day… running with a guild group who was doing HP trains and knew every single one.

Also most PvE HP cannot be obtained by just 1 person because they spawn champs. Getting my PvP buddies to do PvE… ha…ha…

It’d be super easy to implement.

If you ever came out of PvP you would know this wasn’t true. All HP in central tyria are easy to solo blindfolded. And more than half of the HP in HoT are possible to solo for any competent player. Only a few “need” more than 1 person, and even a lot of those have videos on youtube of people soloing them.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Just because getting the hero points through PvE isn’t too difficult doesn’t mean adding a third option to get them is not a good idea.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Just because getting the hero points through PvE isn’t too difficult doesn’t mean adding a third option to get them is not a good idea.

It was a typo i edited my post. I meant “i think its a good idea”

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It is a great idea actually. Nice QoL improvement for sPvP players.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

No.

sPvP players do not need to unlock skills, WvW player got such a feature because they need to unlock skills similar to PvE players.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I would be okay with it if the track gave you “proofs of heroics” like WvW, but hero points right now are specifically linked to locations in PvE so Anet can keep track of how many hero points are acquirable, and I’d like to keep it that way

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Agree – they should add Proofs of Heroics to PvP. I’ve unlocked elites on all my toons via WvW. No reason this couldn’t apply to PvP either.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

No.

sPvP players do not need to unlock skills, WvW player got such a feature because they need to unlock skills similar to PvE players.

This^

Hero Points are not used in PvP and as such should not be attainable through PvP

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Arcadio.6875

We also don’t need gear and tomes of knowledge in PvP. But Anet decided we should get them to unify the game modes.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

A way to get hero points is the next logical step.

Many of us here may primarily be PvPers, but we also play other game modes. A PvEr or WvWer can come to sPvP and not be disadvantaged. They don’t have to worry about levels or gear or elite specs. At worst they might need to unlock an amulet/sigil/rune. But those are unlocked through gold which can be earned outside PvP.

PvPers wanting to get into the other game modes? We have to worry about levels, gear, and unlocking elite specs. But we’re not asking for those things to just be handed to us. We’re fine earning it. Just let us earn it in PvP.

Lord Arcadio

in PvP

Posted by: phalaris.5134

phalaris.5134

Hero Points are made to unlock all specifications in PVE and WvW mode, unlike sPvP, where you have straight away access to all those features. So you are not lacking on those.

Some features were added to make a mode attractive and challenging, so they had to be adequately modified/implemented.

Should you desire those specifications beyond your preferred play mode, you should enjoy the original way to acquire them.

Why would you want them in the first place? PVE content? Running some PVE metas to get Hero Points is done so easily and is actually more fun than waiting for a sPvP Q to pop.

“I don’t want to do PVE to get PVE items/features” but why do you want them, if sPvP does not require them?

Oh yeah, AP Achievements, and we are back at PVE.

Honestly, most current sPvP matches feel like a mix of PVE and “groundhog day”.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

We also don’t need gear and tomes of knowledge in PvP. But Anet decided we should get them to unify the game modes.

Many of us here may primarily be PvPers, but we also play other game modes. A PvEr or WvWer can come to sPvP and not be disadvantaged. They don’t have to worry about levels or gear or elite specs. At worst they might need to unlock an amulet/sigil/rune. But those are unlocked through gold which can be earned outside PvP.

PvPers wanting to get into the other game modes? We have to worry about levels, gear, and unlocking elite specs. But we’re not asking for those things to just be handed to us. We’re fine earning it. Just let us earn it in PvP.

qft

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Except playing PvP isn’t earning HP at all. PvE players still have to go out of their way to earn their HP, they aren’t just handed out. You should have to do so as well

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Except playing PvP isn’t earning HP at all. PvE players still have to go out of their way to earn their HP, they aren’t just handed out. You should have to do so as well

Proof of Heroics.

in PvP

Newbkakes.4971

We’d have to go out of our way too with reward tracks, the same way PvE/WvW does. It wouldn’t be instant give mes. They’d be earned. Why should I have to go do mindless PvE stuff inorder to raid or be effective in WvW? I already did all my PvE/WvW in the first 4 years of this game. I don’t really want to PvE on maps anymore after a couple map completions.

I’m not asking for the world, I’m just asking that HP be added as a reward track 10-20 per reward. That way all is equal across all game types.

Wipin zergs since 2012

in PvP

Newbkakes.4971

Hero Points are made to unlock all specifications in PVE and WvW mode, unlike sPvP, where you have straight away access to all those features. So you are not lacking on those.

Some features were added to make a mode attractive and challenging, so they had to be adequately modified/implemented.

Should you desire those specifications beyond your preferred play mode, you should enjoy the original way to acquire them.

Why would you want them in the first place? PVE content? Running some PVE metas to get Hero Points is done so easily and is actually more fun than waiting for a sPvP Q to pop.

“I don’t want to do PVE to get PVE items/features” but why do you want them, if sPvP does not require them?

Oh yeah, AP Achievements, and we are back at PVE.

Honestly, most current sPvP matches feel like a mix of PVE and “groundhog day”.

Because SOMETIMES I get bored of PvP and I want to go WvW(Roaming) PvE(Raid) and I can’t do it as effective as other players because my game mode type, unlike others, doesn’t allow me to earn HP. I’m not askign them to be given, I want the same chance earning it playing my game mode as other players.

You also don’t need levels in PvP, yet we get tomes.

Wipin zergs since 2012

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We can earn hero points in both PvE and WvW. Why can we not earn them in PvP?

Because they are automatically unlocked in pvp. For both WvW and PvE they can only be unlocked via hero points.

Proof of Heroics.

Proofs of heroics aren’t handing out hero points, they are earned just as in PvE.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in PvP

Newbkakes.4971

Okay? We could earn the same through a PvP reward track. Not seeing your point.
I’m not asking them to be given. I’m asking for the opportunity to earn them.

We also get Tomes in PvP, why not HP? or PoH? PoH are easily earned in WvW, you just gotta level up your rank. 10 PoH = 10 HP.

Why shouldn’t I be able to obtain them in PvP? It doesn’t matter if they’re automatically unlocked. If I decide to go do a raid or go roam in WvW after playing 4-5-9-12 hours of PvP why should I have to go and zerg in WvW or do mind numbing events in PvE?

The answer is still very simple, add a reward track in PvP.

#PvPLivesMatter

Wipin zergs since 2012

in PvP

OriOri.8724

@Newbkakes tomes can be used for other characters, but serve primarily as a way to earn spirit shards now for a lot of players. Its not exactly comparable to just being handed HP. And no, a reward track isn’t “out of your way” to earn the HP. You’re still just playing the same type of matches over and over. In PvE you have to actually go out of your way to get to a lot of HP, fight off stronger enemies, groups of enemies just to get there. Especially in HoT maps, which are required to max an elite spec, you really have to go out of your way to earn the HP. A lot of them can’t even be reached without certain masteries. A reward track is not out of your way. Getting HP through PvE is.

in PvP

Newbkakes.4971

Okay, now defend it in WvW. It’s still playing your prefered game type and earning kitten. Same should be available to PvP players.

Wipin zergs since 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree, hp unlocks in pvp is a great idea.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Okay? We could earn the same through a PvP reward track. Not seeing your point.
I’m not asking them to be given. I’m asking for the opportunity to earn them.

My point is in PvE and WvW we are required to earn them to unlock and use them. In spvp we aren’t hence why should they be able to be earned in spvp.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Arcadio.6875

Some people have this idea that a feature should only be earned in game modes where it is needed.

But why? What exactly is the problem if a feature can be earned in a mode where it is automatically unlocked?

There is no problem. Just like there is no problem that you can level characters in PvP even though characters are automatically 80 in PvP. Just like there is no problem that PvP rewards gear usable in PvE/WvW even though PvP doesn’t use that gear system.

Adding an option to earn hero points through PvP reward tracks will make people happy without harming anyone. The methods of earning them through PvE and WvW wouldn’t go away. If you want to earn your hero points through PvE or WvW, you still can! In fact, going through reward tracks over and over for hero points wouldn’t be the fastest way so no one who doesn’t like PvP will feel compelled to use this option.

Lord Arcadio

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

so many possible better reward track than this… this one is pointless

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

No.

They don’t need them any more or less than someone who happens to be enjoying sPvP at that time. Not all sPvP’ers sit in HotM their entire career. Even if you slap a level 80 requirement on the usable, it’s a perfectly valid and reasonable suggestion.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I agree with OP and +1 it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Proof of Heroics.

Proofs of heroics aren’t handing out hero points, they are earned just as in PvE.

Explain to me the difference between earning proof of heroics from ranking up in WvW track and proof of heroics from ranking up in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

For all of you saying that PvP players don’t need HP so they should never earn them, they also don’t need Legendary stats, but we have a backpack here so that PvE players will try PvP more.

The only thing adding a reward track that gives HP, or a currency for HP, will do is encourage more PvP players to play PvE, just as it may further encourage PvE players to try PvP for an alternate way to get HP.

All you PvE players are telling these PvP players how it is so easy to get HP in PvE, so then that must mean that you didn’t earn them any more than someone playing a reward track would earn them. I mean, on one hand-HP are really hard and time consuming to get in PvE, which makes it harder for players that spent their time in PvP to transition and thus they should get a reward track, and on the other hand-HP aren’t hard at all to get in PvE, which means you guys shouldn’t fuss at all if PvP players can work towards them on a new reward track.

Either way, I see no reason to say no to a reward track.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds