Heroes of the Storm Has Your Solution ANET

in PvP

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

No one likes being farmed by premades. So set it up so that you can group with a partner in solo queue, or find a team and go into team play. It’s really that simple. No one is going to take your “esports scene” or “pro-league” crap seriously when you can gain rewards based on farming solo players.

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

I also commented basically the same thing in another thread and agree. Teams should be exclusively put against teams in a team-league.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i made a thread about this back when the bliz made the announcement. my thread was quickly shut down

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There’s simply no other solution.

• Those queued in teams of 5 go mostly against teams of 5, unless there’s not enough pre-made teams.
  • Those queue solo go mostly against solo teams.
  • Those queued in parties of 2 go with solo teams.
  • Solo teams can never have more than one couple. That is, they are either 5 solos, or 3 solos and 1 couple.
  • Can’t queue in parties of 3 or 4. Those will have to either get more to fill the party, or split if they want to queue.
  • When a solo team is matched against a premade team, losing has reduced impact for the solo team, and more for the pre-made, and winning has more impact for the solo team and less for the pre-made.

No matter how hard anyone thinks, they won’t come up with a better solution to make matching more fair. Queues of 3 and 4 have to go, matching must go mostly against similarly composed teams. Anything else will not be reasonable.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I play HoTS on occasion, and the revamped system over there is much better after limiting ranked to just duo queue (it wasn’t like that at release and was miserable). The 20 game placement seems to work pretty well as somebody who doesn’t play mobas much and getting put at 16. My matches there are almost always competitive unless there is a bad draft. All attributed to not having to face above a duo queue…. ever.

This grind it out division system with mmr not reset, and everybody starting at the same point trying to go up is just not going to work or be a successful/healthy environment for keeping players playing (or growing the community). Just wait til folks start chasing achievements on classes they barely play – that is just going to further compound the negative experience. Not good.

It is time for Anet to stop trying to be cute by re-inventing the wheel. Just go with a known system that works. It’ll be okay that it won’t be your own system that you tried to think up. Most of us just want a decent solo/duo queue experience option again that we used to have, and it sounds like that would include some top players/streamers.

(edited by Kuju.2153)