Hide Enemy Team Class Composition

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

It leads to unfair matches with people picking counter classes, instead of working to improve their own team composition.

This would increase quality of play as people would be forced to think more about the roles they are trying to fulfill on their own team.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

A lot of things in this game leads to unfair matches tbh but i kinda like this idea even though people rather let this thread die and keep the unnecessary ones alive.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

I would prefer, if they lock the class u join with, like this they could fix the staking problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

As a necro I’d like to know if I’m going to be comp screwed ahead of time.

Solo queuing would be unplayable if your change went though.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

If i see 3 rangers, i am defendly picking something that can reflect

But if class stacking is solved, it will become more difficult picking a counter class

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

As a necro I’d like to know if I’m going to be comp screwed ahead of time.

Solo queuing would be unplayable if your change went though.

Think about it this way

As a necro U ALWAYS SCREWED

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this is a really interesting idea. would fix switching probables.
what if this leads to class/build stacking, due to players not being able accurately counter the enemy comp? doesn’t quite make sense but I’m trying to think of all the ways this could fail.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

what if this leads to class/build stacking, due to players not being able accurately counter the enemy comp? doesn’t quite make sense but I’m trying to think of all the ways this could fail.

Inability to tell what the enemy is using will likely force players towards “safe bet” builds, i.e bruisers that don’t have any hard counters. You’ll see a lot less novelty builds.

Classes like Necro, Thief, and revenant that have clear counters will become less common, while classes like Warrior, Druid, and Chrono will become more common.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

3 necros on their team… slotting an extra condi cleanse…

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

Inability to tell what the enemy is using will likely force players towards “safe bet” builds, i.e bruisers that don’t have any hard counters. You’ll see a lot less novelty builds.

Classes like Necro, Thief, and revenant that have clear counters will become less common, while classes like Warrior, Druid, and Chrono will become more common.

ye this is my guess also. peeps picking more tankier builds. maybe this is preferable? maybe not though lol, I’m sure most peeps are aware what happened to everyones favorite amulets (celestial, soldier, settler, sentinel). although nothing like that exists right now, we could witness a return to such a style of gameplay. hmmm, hide enemy comp = hidden condi bunker nerf scheme?!?! sshhhhhh.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

It leads to unfair matches with people picking counter classes, instead of working to improve their own team composition.

This would increase quality of play as people would be forced to think more about the roles they are trying to fulfill on their own team.

no, bad idea.
1 block switch classes
2 improve mm to soft cap class staking 2 max of a class
3 create a build manager
4 its all
swithcing to counter classes are bad idea, you counter one player(if not evil staked 5 of a class comp) but not gud againts the others, the idea of viewing team comp is you can predict their main mechanics and tune your build to be more efective/survive more

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Or at least hide their names

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

ye this is my guess also. peeps picking more tankier builds. maybe this is preferable? maybe not though lol, I’m sure most peeps are aware what happened to everyones favorite amulets (celestial, soldier, settler, sentinel). although nothing like that exists right now, we could witness a return to such a style of gameplay. hmmm, hide enemy comp = hidden condi bunker nerf scheme?!?! sshhhhhh.

people going to bruisers, is what had to hapen in a solo q escheme, people going to more self dependant builds cuz you cant hope geting some suport build on team, but they untouched the part of heavy suport builds (ele druid) and people continues whith suport dependant builds

in PvP

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

True.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’d be on board with this along with locking players into their class. However we should also unlock weapons, utilities, traits, ect, mid match. Preferably with templates.

But the balance as a whole has to get better to the point where every class has access to tools to deal with any build.

Otherwise we’ll end up with stacked matches where one side unfairly counters the other with no reprieve.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Archon.6480

If i see 3 rangers, i am defendly picking something that can reflect

But if class stacking is solved, it will become more difficult picking a counter class

Or a warrior. Ouch. I know I am going to have a bad day when there is another Druid on my team and someone swaps to warrior on the other side. My skull aches just thinking about it!

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Archon.6480

Or at least hide their names

Yes! That would help as well. Good idea!

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

dunno about you but i switch class base on what my team needs… dont care bout your comp

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Archon.6480

Yeah, good idea. I was thinking that a two man team could go heavy into conditions, mobility or direct damage to catch opponents off guard. However, that would be extremely risky if other team focused on being well balanced.

Picture trying to gain advantage with 2 necros, or necro warrior, and the other team has Druid and Aruamancer Set up for condi removal. All in all, I really think it would require people to focus on a given role, and think more about what allies are running.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I change my utilities and some traits around depending on what the enemy team has, which in turns modifies how I play the class. Even here, this opens up opportunities for you to take off-meta builds. For instance, if I see a lot of DH, I might take aurashare, stability on overload, and the reflect shout. If you then show up with a burn guard, my ele is a LOT weaker against you than it would have been had I just stuck with full “cleansebot” instead of “aura-spam bot”

This would make every build even more “cookie cutter,” as everyone would just run the version of the build that is most general.

in PvP

Archon.6480

dunno about you but i switch class base on what my team needs… dont care bout your comp

I really think that is a great idea, but there are some situations a counter comp is just too juicy to ignore. For example, if I see two necros and an Ele on opposing team I’ll always swap to Nila’s remorseless Druid. I can’t remember ever loosing a match this way. It’s just way too strong against Necro/Ele composition.

Along the same lines I see enemy teams countering my team with Warriors when the matchmaker sticks another Druid on my team. It’s a great idea, I don’t blame them.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

I’d be on board with this along with locking players into their class. However we should also unlock weapons, utilities, traits, ect, mid match. Preferably with templates.

But the balance as a whole has to get better to the point where every class has access to tools to deal with any build.

Otherwise we’ll end up with stacked matches where one side unfairly counters the other with no repreave.

allowing people to change their build mid match, I dunno. its hard to tell how that would effect things. agree with the second bit, to a degree. thieves natural counter are condi builds. this game is built around classes countering each other, if you take that away then gameplay would be stale cuz no one would die. disagree with the third and last bit, I think if enemy comp was hidden then people would build and play more conservatively cuz they don’t know what theyre up against.

Yeah, good idea. I was thinking that a two man team could go heavy into conditions, mobility or direct damage to catch opponents off guard. However, that would be extremely risky if other team focused on being well balanced.

Picture trying to gain advantage with 2 necros, or necro warrior, and the other team has Druid and Aruamancer Set up for condi removal. All in all, I really think it would require people to focus on a given role, and think more about what allies are running.

ye it would probably force people to work out amongst themselves a good team comp. ofc there would always be those “special builds” (which btw I am definitely NOT guilty of), or people who refuse to cooperate, or simply people who have chat turned off lol. idk, could work, could be a disaster now that I think about it. its all up in the air.