Hide build from spectators

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Q:

Is there anyway to hide my trait build from spectators?

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

A:

The option to show your trait build and gear set up should be up to each individual. Not everyone wants to give out the secrets to their pvp success. There needs to be an option to toggle this off and on. On for those who don’t mind sharing their builds and off for people like me.

“Two rules to success in life. 1. Don’t tell people everything you know.”

I’m done with the Mists for now until this is addressed

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I just don’t use any trait points so they don’t know my build. You just have to think about what traits would be activating if you did actually use your real build so that your practices are fulfilling.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

In general, I’ve found the builds that are most effective in hotjoins are not the most effective in tournament play. This allows us to just roll our zerg builds for hotjoins and keep our real tournament builds safe since there is no spectating there.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

I only join dueling games. I’m tired of only one gametype so I don’t even bother with regular games. But I like to keep by build set up a secret. I’ll take Adaneshade’s advice and just refund my traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Why did you answer your own question?

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Why do you need to keep your build secret? If someone else is “stealing” it you still can use it. You lose nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Listen.
Do you wanna know a secret.

Closer
Let me whisper in your ear.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

He answered his own question in an attempt to make the question look legitamite.

Regardless, this is silly. If you’re worried that other people will use your build, then you just must not be very good with it. The effectiveness of a build is determined by the player, and good players have nothing to hide, as true skill can’t be merely copied.

in PvP

Adaneshade.2409

Why do you need to keep your build secret? If someone else is “stealing” it you still can use it. You lose nothing.

Sure, you can still use it, but once a build become public knowledge, countering that build also does. So long as you are able to do things that your enemy didn’t think you could, you hold an advantage.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Pyroatheist.9031

Sure, you can still use it, but once a build become public knowledge, countering that build also does. So long as you are able to do things that your enemy didn’t think you could, you hold an advantage.

Any good pvper will recognize what your build is and how it does it after one, maybe two encounters with it. Countering a build is a non-issue.

in PvP

Adaneshade.2409

Any good pvper will recognize what your build is and how it does it after one, maybe two encounters with it. Countering a build is a non-issue.

One or two encounters can be the difference in a win or a loss in tournaments.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Pyroatheist.9031

One or two encounters can be the difference in a win or a loss in tournaments.

In a tournament it doesn’t matter. If your build is not able to counter the other build, you’re out of luck, and if it does counter it, then you counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Do people seriously think they can keep builds, weapons and such secret in this game?

I mean like, there’s not that many options, people would figure you out instantly if they cared with what build they got killed by.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

lol in 15 characters
Honestly, there are only so many effective combinations at the moment for tournaments. I guess for dueling you can be super tanky and cheesy but it does not really matter.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

He answered his own question in an attempt to make the question look legitamite.

Regardless, this is silly. If you’re worried that other people will use your build, then you just must not be very good with it. The effectiveness of a build is determined by the player, and good players have nothing to hide, as true skill can’t be merely copied.

I’m trying to make my question look legitimate? What exactly is an illegitimate question? And whether I’m a good or bad has nothing to do with it. It’s all a matter of personal preference. Some prefer not to share their trait set up; that’s all. And I don’t see what the issue is. Having the option to toggle viewing of traits off and on works for everyone.

It’s either you agree or disagree. But I don’t see why anyone would disagree with an option that appeases everyone. But I guess some people like to play devil’s advocate. And I guess some people got nothing better to do than to read too much into things to imply the person making the post must not be a very good player.

in PvP

Pyroatheist.9031

I’m trying to make my question look legitimate? What exactly is an illegitimate question? And whether I’m a good or bad has nothing to do with it. It’s all a matter of personal preference. Some prefer not to share their trait set up; that’s all. And I don’t see what the issue is. Having the option to toggle viewing of traits off and on works for everyone.

It’s either you agree or disagree. But I don’t see why anyone would disagree with an option that appeases everyone. But I guess some people like to play devil’s advocate. And I guess some people got nothing better to do than to read too much into things to imply the person making the post must not be a very good player.

You answered your own question. That’s….so silly it’s hard to describe. The obvious reason is that you noticed that no one was going to give you the answer you wanted to see, so you just made it up yourself. It’s ridiculous.

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

Okay, so? if I answered my own question, what’s the problem? what does it matter who answers the question? I asked a question. I didn’t get a direct answer from anyone. After a few hours it was implied to me that there’s no way to go around it. So i responded and made that the answer. Anyone also wondering the same thing now doesn’t have to scroll through a post looking through indirect answers. So what exactly is your problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Another thread about bad builds wanting to be secret.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

dude just show us ur build its not like some secret super rocket science theory its just a little gw2 build traits not even that complex ppl act like their build is so top secret good but i think you need to ease up on a brother and just let your build loose like its meant to be

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

This isn’t Guild Wars 1, there are only 1-2 builds that each proff uses… and if you’re not using the meta you’re most likely bad anyway. Being unique is not efficient in GW2, for example go play some tourney with a unicorn sin and get laughed at.

If you did somehow manage to find a build that was both efficient and new in our extremely limited pool of traits/skills it was because an update just changed something with a buff or nerf and it will be mainstream soon enough.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.