High mobility needs to be nerfed

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think high mobility needs to be nerfed.

Suggestions:
- Half range of blinks, teleports and mesmer portals (pvp only)
- Decapping points should take the same amount of time as capping it (or at least significantly longer than now)
- Blinks and teleports should only work as a gap closer and not to take shortcuts via vertical position changes. Eg. A dragon hunter should not be able to stand at below or next to the clocktower on Khylo and teleport right on point. No shortcut should be able to save more than 3 seconds of time.
- Blinking/teleporting should cancel all skills including stomps. No more save stomping by using double blinks!

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I wish they’d change half the shadowsteps in this game into leaps.

Kiting is basically impossible with all the instant teleports, and most maps don’t have jumping puzzles in convenient locations.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Jaberse.8726

Jaberse.8726

@crinn.7864
sounds like a l2p issue

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

rofl this game is already bunker wars 2. Nerf mobility and people will just stack support eles and guards/wars. Dumbest post of the day not sure if serious or troll. U basically want to make the game worse and slow paced while making tankier classes even stronger than they already are

(edited by Emdrix.6124)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

rofl this game is already bunker wars 2. Nerf mobility and people will just stack support eles and guards/wars. Dumbest post of the day not sure if serious or troll. U basically want to make the game worse and slow paced while making tankier classes even stronger than they already are

The game is not nearly as bunker heavy as in season 1 anymore, it is quite the opposite now. Everything is too fast, too spammy and does too much damage for little effort.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

The game is not nearly as bunker heavy as in season 1 anymore, it is quite the opposite now. Everything is too fast, too spammy and does too much damage for little effort.

That describes DH perfectly and DH is pretty tanky despite the ridiculous damage.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Just another QQ post from Malediktus on mobility because he mains Necro…. nothing to see

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

That describes DH perfectly and DH is pretty tanky despite the ridiculous damage.

DH isn’t tanky, it just has lots of blocks and a elite invuln to give it the illusion it is, and thus makes it feel tanky, take out Maruaders Amulet and you will understand this. Give Necros and Mesmers their Merc amulet back and it’s practically the same thing.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I wish they’d change half the shadowsteps in this game into leaps.

Kiting is basically impossible with all the instant teleports, and most maps don’t have jumping puzzles in convenient locations.

This is not true, there are plenty of jumping puzzles to kite away in every map (to a lesser extent on temple but there are still more than enough). What you need to do is find which spots cannot be reached by teleports (there’s quite a lot) and try to use those ones if you need to get away from a class that has a teleport available. Probably the best point for this is mine on forest because you have the big rock to jump to a variety of places on, you have the rock that is next to the base and can be used as a shortcut to the point, you have the wood logs that are hanging from the crane and maybe another I forgot. Other points have more than one of these spots too. It REALLY helps your surviving if you learn them all.

As for the OP, I have to disagree with it all. There is absolutely nothing wrong with certain classes being able to take shortcuts with teleports. That is just one of the advantages of the class, just like there will be many disadvantages too. Halving the range on teleports would absolutely destroy a lot of classes ability to get away from bad situations and would probably just put classes like druid that have the tools to get away without teleports at a huge advantage. There is no issue with the amount of teleports in the game right now in my opinion.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I would only agree with the number 4 suggestion: it kinds of provide the same unfair advantage of rezzing quicker under the effect of celerity

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Suggestions:
- Decapping points should take the same amount of time as capping it (or at least significantly longer than now)
- Blinks and teleports should only work as a gap closer and not to take shortcuts via vertical position changes. Eg. A dragon hunter should not be able to stand at below or next to the clocktower on Khylo and teleport right on point. No shortcut should be able to save more than 3 seconds of time.
- Blinking/teleporting should cancel all skills including stomps. No more save stomping by using double blinks!

Lol he basically wants to nerf teleport stomps but keep stability and invul stomps. Then stomping while invul or while blocking should also be nerfed because its unfair

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Just another QQ post from Malediktus on mobility because he mains Necro…. nothing to see

Not really, I got 10k hours on guardian and played mainly palyed druid in 3 of 4 seasons. I barely play Necro because it is unplayable in soloQ

Look at my screenshot, the pie diagram proves that I have not really a main class in pvp.

Attachments:

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Not really, I got 10k hours on guardian and played mainly palyed druid in 3 of 4 seasons. I barely play Necro because it is unplayable in soloQ

Rofl DH complaining about balance that’s some next level stuff right there. You can already faceroll your keyboard and counter more than half of the classes in the game and on top of that u want to nerf their mobility to make Dh even more powerful because right now the only way to beat it is by outrotating.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Look at my screenshot, the pie diagram proves that I have not really a main class in pvp.

Also nice 49% win ratio lmao

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

well im no necro and I do agree with the notion that mobility needs toning down , at least the teleports and shadowsteps.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

I would only agree with the number 4 suggestion: it kinds of provide the same unfair advantage of rezzing quicker under the effect of celerity

Not even close, it’s more akin to Stomps under stability/invuln, since it downs t allow you to stomo faster and it does absolutely nothing for rezzing.

in PvP

flog.3485

Not even close, it’s more akin to Stomps under stability/invuln, since it downs t allow you to stomo faster and it does absolutely nothing for rezzing.

Oops sorry, was a bit too vague with what I really wanted to say. At some point the devs recognized that rezzing faster with celerity wasn’t healthy for the game and I believe that being able to do this “I am able to a secure a stomp while proccing the animations away from the target” is also a bit too good for the health of the game. Am I wrong for thinking that if you proc it away then other players have no way to interrupt the rez?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Suggestions:

The question is why? Some classes are only competitive because of mobility. I really would like to hear one good reason to murder at least 2 classes in pvp.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oops sorry, was a bit too vague with what I really wanted to say. At some point the devs recognized that rezzing faster with celerity wasn’t healthy for the game and I believe that being able to do this “I am able to a secure a stomp while proccing the animations away from the target” is also a bit too good for the health of the game. Am I wrong for thinking that if you proc it away then other players have no way to interrupt the rez?

The Rez can still be interrupted it comes to player timing (i.e. Guardian Downed two skill, Rev, war engie and Necro all just have to wait and time their cc affect and it will hit them on the return) so no it’s not the same. While Invuln and stab make it a lot harder to where you can’t in most cases interrupt it. See the difference? Teleport stomps can be countered by the downed player, stab and invuln stomps can’t yet stab and invuln stomps are more prevalent.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Phase retreat and blink stomps are skill based and require wasting a valuable utility stunbreak to do. F5 split stomps require wasting a valuable shatter. Portal stomps require wasting a valuable portal.

I see nothing wrong with those.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

“Dear Anet, please delete thieves” – Malediktus 2016

Dude, you realize mes and thieves are designed around this very mobility you complain about? The whole reason why Anet butchered thief on first place is because they can lol +1 and decap. What do you think Anet would do to thieves if your suggestions would be implemented lol? We would have wars with stealth xD

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

This is a DH (said himself that he has 10k+ hours on Guard) complaining about other classes having something his doesn’t: high mobility. Guess what, that’s called balance, DH has significant compensations for that in the form of multiple aegis and F3, CCs on traps, 8k healing skill and extra heal skill (F2), built-in CC on F1, blah blah you know DH’s advantages. And with longbow you have 1200 range, using it you can chase thieves/mesmers when combining it with Judge’s Intervention or Sword 2, the latter assuming that you’re on sword and weapon swap is ready.

Those are your class’s solutions to low mobility: 2 targeted teleports and a 1200 range weapon with 2 CCs. If you’re not taking advantage of those solutions then it’s not an issue of game design, it’s an issue of your skill. If your enemy is running then that usually means they’re low health, just use true shot or poke them with longbow AA.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Dude, you realize mes and thieves are designed around this very mobility you complain about? The whole reason why Anet butchered thief on first place is because they can lol +1 and decap. What do you think Anet would do to thieves if your suggestions would be implemented lol? We would have wars with stealth xD

Nah wars would have better mobility…

in PvP

flog.3485

The Rez can still be interrupted it comes to player timing (i.e. Guardian Downed two skill, Rev, war engie and Necro all just have to wait and time their cc affect and it will hit them on the return) so no it’s not the same. While Invuln and stab make it a lot harder to where you can’t in most cases interrupt it. See the difference? Teleport stomps can be countered by the downed player, stab and invuln stomps can’t yet stab and invuln stomps are more prevalent.

Oh ok, so it can still be interrupted on the return, I thought it wouldn’t. Thank you for correcting me. I am all against the OP suggestion then

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Thief would still be viable with less mobility, it has insane single target damage. And a skill which makes people skip downed state and also ignores map mechanics like the guaranteed rezz on the coliseum map.
Same with mesmer, insane burst damage potential or tanky with condi spec.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Thief would still be viable with less mobility, it has insane single target damage. And a skill which makes people skip downed state and also ignores map mechanics like the guaranteed rezz on the coliseum map.
Same with mesmer, insane burst damage potential or tanky with condi spec.

You just really need to play those two professions for a couple thousand hours to understand what’s wrong with how you’re thinking. Thief is only effective when really glassy, so can only survive teamfights by bursting then escaping (using Shadowstep). With lower mobility, Thief wouldn’t be very useful for decapping and so would have to participate in node fights more often, which is Thief’s weakest role. Power mes is even glassier than Thief due to lower armor rating, and very much needs Blink to stay alive. Not really much more to say about that, the build is pretty transparent and easy to beat so long as you’re not an engi or ele. As to whether condi mes really needs Blink, I won’t offer my opinion since I don’t have much experience playing it. Probably doesn’t absolutely need it but it’s not “tanky” like you say, Carrion Amulet gives no toughness and mes is in the lower armor class. I’ts tanky versus condi builds to some degree, but falls easily to power thief, power warrior, power most anything that has ok condi clear.

I understand it can be frustrating to fight against people that can run away instantly, but ask yourself this: in a game where you most efficiently generate points by holding capture areas, if you can force your enemy to run away while you sit on an area and maintain control of it, do you not clearly have the advantage?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Verticality is fine especially since you have to be on point. The only thing that might be problematic about mobility skills is bursting through walls with no tell.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Still i am still waiting to op to explain why there is need to nerf mobility.

Still waiting to explain why (presumably ) destroying core design of two classes (which i think it’s consensus here that these proposed nerfs are attempt to murder them) is good way to balance things. Plz answer why these nerfs will make much more healthier game balance wise?

Is this another tread ,,plz nerf classes that i don’t play, "?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Suggestions:

I think none of this is an issue. Quite the opposite, it would take much skill out of pvp, and make it more boring.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Gone were days when meta S/D thief can teleport 2000+ distance through shadowstep+steal+sword2 on top of you.

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

The meta is already very heavily dependent on teamfights and clusterkittens, nerfing mobility would just overdo it further. It would be the completely wrong thing to do. It can be annoying if you’re a low mobility class like engi or condi warr, but those have other strengths.

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Suggestions:

Yeah! Get rid of mesmers and thieves! Make necro great again!
You sir, are nuts.

Take away mobility and you take away the role of two classes (especially thief) and make them utterly useless. Mesmer could perhaps deal with it. Thieves won’t, as they have no way to survive bigger fights, apart from their capability to get out of them real quick when needed. The mobility is what makes the ‘diversity’ here. I guess, you could just, learn to play as well.

p.s. I do not main any of the above mentioned classes. I do main druid, who’s rather high on mobility, but has no shadow steps or such, but instead of that, they got one hell of a sustainability. And that’s how it’s supposed to be. You give up survivability for mobility, damage for survivability, … It’s called build diversity. Bai.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Is this another tread ,,plz nerf classes that i don’t play, "?

It is. Sadly enough.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Also nice 49% win ratio lmao

lets see yours. i guarantee you wont post it.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Why?

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.