Hilarious balance of gw2 - mesmer/thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Mesmer and thief have been vastly OP for almost the entire life of the game.

Ironically the only reason they aren’t nerfed is that it is now EXPECTED that these classes are vastly OP. So if they were ever balanced people would think they were underpowered even though they wouldn’t be, purely because the base case is that they are OP.

But yeh, lets not nerf mesmer and thief because there was 2 months during the 5 years of the game when these classes weren’t totally broken. Therefore they need to be OP for the other 5 years to compensate.

GJ. Keep it up lol. Clearly these classes are so much fun to fight against for all players. I am sure having them perma broken is helping your player base. Who doesnt like the two hardest to kill classes doing huge damage right and having mad mobility right?

Portal is clearly a balanced skill btw. So is shadowstep. Lets nerf rise, we heal as one and true shot instead. Because clearly those are much better than shadowstep and portal arent they. Much balance well played.

Facepalm

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Definitely. Guardian is getting out of hand too.

Wulp, guess I know what I’ll be playing this season…

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

Of course a necromancer is going to complain about thieves!

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

If they are vastly OP, then why don’t you play them yourself and reach the top with ease?
It feels a lot like you simply do not know how to handle them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Lol, cause necros aren’t OP with their epi and endless amount of condi pressure…

Get gud.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

thief is really kitten underpowered what u on about we need huge buffs??

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: nothelseth.4621

nothelseth.4621

mesmer is really kitten underpowered what u on about we need huge buffs??

in PvP

Posted by: SkipperCZ.6912

SkipperCZ.6912

Lol, again you and your blame thread about some class is OP. You should add some of “your team calculations” as you did before :-)

Mesmer get nerfed in last release. Thief too. And they are not OP, there are other classes which needs tweaks/balance because “OPness”. And there will always be some class “OP”, it’s in all games and that’s why there should me more frequent balance patches – but it’s for another discussion.

But again – mesmer nor thief are not OP, try to play them (and please, do not compare them, or any other class, with “your” necro).

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lol, again you and your blame thread about some class is OP. You should add some of “your team calculations” as you did before :-)

Mesmer get nerfed in last release. Thief too. And they are not OP, there are other classes which needs tweaks/balance because “OPness”. And there will always be some class “OP”, it’s in all games and that’s why there should me more frequent balance patches – but it’s for another discussion.

But again – mesmer nor thief are not OP, try to play them (and please, do not compare them, or any other class, with “your” necro).

So you think portal is worse than rise, true shot and we heal as one? Awesome :P

in PvP

bluri.2653

ye portal is noob skill but rise u summon so many minions worse than mesmer clones too much clutter so its OP

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

HAHA thief and mes OP. Thats cute

Even using the word “vastly”, nice touch.

If they were “OP” then there would be a ton more of them in every match. One of these “OP” classes will die if you sneeze on them bwahahahaha

If it is true that you main necro than your argument, as it stands, holds no merit. The points you made are fairly weak for your claim. It could help your case though if you put either some calculations into it or stronger facts. Both classes can at least soft counter you easy.

Also instead of making an “x is OP” topic, maybe you should have changed it to either “how do I beat these classes”. At least you would get some helpful feedback and maybe some people will give you tips or offer to spar with ya…otherwise you are openly making a “I need to l2p” thread.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

ye portal is noob skill but rise u summon so many minions worse than mesmer clones too much clutter so its OP

dude Mark of Horror is so much more OPFOTM.

kappa

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I think we can conclude that all professions are OP.

Except revs, but even then. They’re just the least OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

I missed your posts.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

If only Thief didn’t get nerfed the last two patches in regards to boh evades and damage.

Oh wait it’s another Henry thread never mind its business as usual..

in PvP

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

its true…. all of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Hi Welcome to the Gw2 forums, I regret to inform you that criticism of these classes isn’t allowed here on the forums. Instead, please opt to complain about the classes that counter these classes as they are truly the OP ones. Mes and Teef should have zero counters.

Sarcasm aside, both Thief and Mesmer had periods they were trash. On the flip side, You have seen nothing… OG PU Memser, Permastealth Thief were virtually unkillable or straight up unkillable , and Launch Thief and Launch Mesmer were capable of oneshots from stealth all under a second. And confusion was so broken back then you may as well /sit if you see a Mesmer gracious enough not to oneshot you from stealth. That said, I can live with what we have now…. literally.
But heyYour right at the moment, at least for Mantra Mesmer and SB 4... I can't be the only one irritated by the daze, poison and PI?

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

If you know there is mesmer + thief on the other team, instead of capping home right away, line of sight or stand somewhere where they can’t moa burst you. Same thing throughout the rest of the game, don’t stand out in the open. Mesmer+thief is far from OP, that’s like sayin ele+necro is OP. Sure they’re used a lot and are some of the best duo groups, they’re NOT OP.
Nerfing portal will completely shut mesmer out of the meta, so no.
Shadowstep is also really important. (Not that thief has been nerfed a lot recently)
Sounds like you’ve been ganked by mesmer and thief recently, and need to vent. Other then that, just l2p against them and gl

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

SB 4… I can’t be the only one irritated by the daze, poison and PI?[/spoiler]

You could do something crazy like “not standing in the poison field”.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Facepalm

Is this post serious? If it is, I think it demonstrates a lack of knowledge/experience with Mesmer.

The one and only reason Mesmers are successful is that other players are unwilling or unable to understand the style. Such players would rather claim the class is OP than to expend the effort to learn.

For once, I agree with nothelseth.

-edit- For the record; I am currently playing a vanilla PU Mesmer because I dislike Alacrity being given to Rev and the general sword/shield bruiser style.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Hi Welcome to the Gw2 forums, I regret to inform you that criticism of these classes isn’t allowed here on the forums. Instead, please opt to complain about the classes that counter these classes as they are truly the OP ones. Mes and Teef should have zero counters.

Sarcasm aside, both Thief and Mesmer had periods they were trash. On the flip side, You have seen nothing… OG PU Memser, Permastealth Thief were virtually unkillable or straight up unkillable , and Launch Thief and Launch Mesmer were capable of oneshots from stealth all under a second. And confusion was so broken back then you may as well /sit if you see a Mesmer gracious enough not to oneshot you from stealth. That said, I can live with what we have now…. literally.
But heyYour right at the moment, at least for Mantra Mesmer and SB 4... I can't be the only one irritated by the daze, poison and PI?

In what world does a Mesmer run mantra’s..? That has been a loooong while ago lad..

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Mesmer and thief are quite balanced in spvp . Mesmer is really strong but on the other hand it requires mechanical skills … it is not so easy to use effectly. Thief requires map awarness. If you play thief in teamfight as a warrior or a guardian … you will not have any result against a decent opponent . it is all different in wvw in which for roaming , mesmer and thief are really really strong, op if you want, for stats ( dire + trabalizer for mesmer ) , food and mobility , but in spvp i find them balanced becouse they are not immediate to learn and for mesmers there are no dire stats so you have to pay attention to direct damage much more. In wvw infact, imho, scepter mesmer is really strong, better than sword one with full dire/trab and no power … in spvp you have 2k power so sword shield is better. Mesmer for soloing in spvp , imho , is better than thief becouse it is more versatile … ( can do better in teamfight, have a good mobility ( not like thief ) with portal and can go 1 vs 1 … )

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

lol at Ithilwen not thinking mes is OP, given your ‘playstyle’ im not surprised.

lol at Bigpapasmurf not thinking these classes are both must picks for any 5v5.

like, homes mes & thief are both S tier classes, its undeniable. them being OP is debatable, but them both being top of the pack is not. only class that comes close to them is ele, & its the only good support.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

You could do something crazy like “not standing in the poison field”.

They really have to change the Chocking Gas tips:

Fire an arrow that fills the target area with a poisonous cloud. Foes at or above the poison threshold are dazed.
(The same foe cannot be dazed more than once per interval.
Be careful, the poison field it’s highly toxic and can cause inflammation of the lacrimal glands)

in PvP

bluri.2653

mesmer and thief can move…. but not kill anything.. wtf what does mobility help if u cannot kill?

in PvP

Posted by: Draven.4397

Draven.4397

It´s just sad to see former pro players trolling in the forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

mesmer and thief can move…. but not kill anything.. wtf what does mobility help if u cannot kill?

Oh god, we made sind transform into a forum troll. What have we done! Doom is upon us, the meta is a lie, there’s actually no difference between peasants and kings!

in PvP

bluri.2653

Because this forum post is not a serious one, if you do by any chance think it is then that is sad if anything, same goes with the necro threads. We are discussing absolute irrelevant stuff.

Just look at the comments in this thread as well jfc.

in PvP

Posted by: ibThuggin.1758

ibThuggin.1758

Lol, cause necros aren’t OP with their epi and endless amount of condi pressure…

Get gud.

I’d love to meet the idiot who first said this saying probably by accident and spelt it wrong. Of course all the Internet trendies latch onto it worse then a fat kid over a bag of M&Ms. Same goes for salty, and u mad bro and any other kitten nerd lingo that was created in this cesspool pool we call the Internet. Seriously, all you losers that swear by these terms, go up to someone at the liquor store, corner store, or hell library (who uses these now anyways) and call someone a noob or the other kitten crap. Make sure to take a selfie with their reaction because it probably has the funniest “Wtf is this kitten talking about” look written all over their face.

In before some loser quotes this with a u mad bro comment. At least it’s easy to point out who’s a kitten in this game when they say something like that. Just shows everyone you lack any sort of originality, are as “funny” as Amy Schumer’s barn yard snatch, and deserve to have a lynch mob hang your ass from a cherry tree. Imagine my shock…

(edited by ibThuggin.1758)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Poison field toxicity confirmed! When i accidentally sent back the poison I’ve noticed a top percentage of QQ and madness!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Get gud.

I’d love to meet the idiot who first said this saying probably by accident and spelt it wrong. Of course all the Internet trendies latch onto it worse then a fat kid over a bag of M&Ms. Same goes for salty, and u mad bro and any other kitten nerd lingo that was created in this cesspool pool we call the Internet. Seriously, all you losers that swear by these terms, go up to someone at the liquor store, corner store, or hell library (who uses these now anyways) and call someone a noob or the other kitten crap. Make sure to take a selfie with their reaction because it probably has the funniest “Wtf is this kitten talking about” look written all over their face.

In before some loser quotes this with a u mad bro comment. At least it’s easy to point out who’s a kitten in this game when they say something like that. Just shows everyone you lack any sort of originality, are as “funny” as Amy Schumer’s barn yard snatch, and deserve to have a lynch mob hang your ass from a cherry tree. Imagine my shock…

Honestly, I think you are doing yourself a disservice by taking the opposing stand, and that doesn’t really make you any better than the people you are opposing here.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: hiems.8769

hiems.8769

Get gud.

Kittened

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Because this forum post is not a serious one, if you do by any chance think it is then that is sad if anything, same goes with the necro threads. We are discussing absolute irrelevant stuff.

Just look at the comments in this thread as well jfc.

How can it be a troll thread when OP and many other players here were legend in half the seasons we had only to be shafted by the evil mesmer/thief OP duos in season 5 and 6 preventing people being legend?!?!?!?!1

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

In this thread = alot of mesmer/thief players who think it is balanced. A good idea would be to swap shadowstep and portal to other classes if they are not OP.

Necro can have shadowstep and thief can pick any necro utility they want to replace it. Same for portal.

The best skills are what other games nerf. As in, when portal has been one of the most defining and dominant skills in gw2 for 5 years…well that should be a target for a nerf. But nah lets nerf rise and true shot because that is better than portal right

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

Are u joking thf would trade shadow step in a heart beat for corruption cloud so can go toe to toe and own grds or fear wall and just troll around it killing everything why stealing their stab. U ain’t thought that through mate.

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

L2P.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

The biggest issue is when you can’t move character out of the point due to sustain. Another issue is ability to hide NPC’s or heal them in Dusk map…it’s ridiculous nonsense.

The great solution is like capricon, extra points, it makes bunkers to move out of points and increases rotation of characters

Every class has its + and -, if you think something is OP, play it…and it will appear that OP is players skill. However, like I pointed before, pvp should be about rotation and ability to kill, not about endless healing and survivability on point.

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Get gud.

What a boring life you must have that you found the time to think about all that…

Still, I’m right. The OP is just a pro wannabe that also shares the same boring life as you as he now creates multiple threads crying over and over.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz