HoT is the last chance left...

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

….to rebuild this game from scratches.

nerf celestial, nerf proc/swap sigils, nerf instant CRAP so this game can be balanced as it was at the beginning.

Is this what you want for your game?

The game has been like this for ages: Air/fire thief-mes, passive fears, geo-doom, hammer guard, incendiary powder and many, MANY more.

The game feels utterly random, professions building as tanky as possible and blasting their own fields multiple times to go up to 25 might stacks and other crap.

Start all over again.

it’s the expansion, it’s a nice excuse to throw all last 8-12 months balance changes beyond the window and start all over again.

Pls.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

nerf celestial, nerf proc/swap sigils, nerf instant CRAP so this game can be balanced as it was at the beginning.

Ok dude, enjoy your Quickness HB warriors, your Quickness 22222222 thieves, your SB thieves doing more damage at range than most classes in melee, all that good stuff. I will stuck with my ok 2015 balance, thank you very much.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

The game feels utterly random, professions building as tanky as possible and blasting their own fields multiple times to go up to 25 might stacks and other crap.

Also you’re a bit late to complain about that. Baddies these days complain about celestial engineer. I suggest you jump on that train before it leaves.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Ok dude, enjoy your Quickness HB warriors, your Quickness 22222222 thieves, your SB thieves doing more damage at range than most classes in melee, all that good stuff.

best post guinea bissau

Edit:

bolded cuz serious

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

While I think the balance portion is bit blown out of proportion, I do think traits could be a lot less RNG and maybe even less ICD and more “transformation”-like. They almost had it right with Dhuumfire but why make it have an ICD? Condition Necros need a reason to utilize death shroud. Why not make it a 1 second burn per hit? Transformation! Passive is fine as long as it’s intuitive. Passives with a bunch of internal timers and RNG just isn’t very fun. A little is okay, but really we need more transformation traits. Less ridiculous sigils (really across the board they could use toned down a tiny bit). Some class abilities need to be redesigned to be less instsnt and just more individually impactful (looking at scepter Elementalist. Not saying it’s OP, but it’s terribly designed).

Just my 2¢, peace.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

You clearly do not remember the beginning of the game. Balance was horrendous. There are still a ton of broken items now, but it is certainly better than it was.

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

The game is more balanced then you think, Celestial was too weak before, now its too strong. And its the one big kitten stain (hehehe that censorship works well with this sentience.) the game has.

The issue isn’t truly balance, but the players. Someone will always find something OP. Once cele is nerfed, something new will take its place. (However please kill off OP Cele Anet)

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think Anet will have an hard work to balance classes with specializations with HoT.

I only hope in frequent balance patches (at least 1-2 months).

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I think Anet will have an hard work to balance classes with specializations with HoT.

An expansion (based on earnings projection) might actually give them the required resources to do just that.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Stop pretend you’ve been in GW2 long enough,

Everyone who play since beta knows how imbalance the game was at launch. Thief and Warrior is doing like 5 times more damage than now. (100B quickness, thief quickness + 50% dm buff on a signet one shot people). Ranger quickness swap on beastmaster 5 (instant 25 stack of bleed). Ranger’s pet f2 hitting 10k. It is way more imba than you can ever imagined.

Ah… Good memories. YES , I want old time back! More imba! More power!

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

In a game like GW2 aimed to casual players, to open this forum and find these kind of of thread…it’s demoralizing, insulting and rather frustrating.

The OP..he’s a thief, he only mentions fire/air sigil..but there is more :

-a profession that can maintain stealth for as long as wished in order to avoid any combat unless so desired : Broken

-a profession that can teleport without requiring any Line of sight : Broken

-a profession that use the dodge mechanic up to 13-14 times in a row: Broken

-a profession that can abuse a mechanic that lack visible and easy to access counterplay: Broken

-a profession not affected by the strongest control condition (CHILL): Broken

I can potentially list some other stuff…but yeah we all get the point, before talking about balance on other profession, you OP..must give suggestions on how to “fix” your own profession.

Don’t come here saying that only fire/air sigil combo is what broken on thief, don’t you dare! In the end of the days, Profession X will use its “OP” kitten nal to counter the “OP” kitten nal of the thief

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Everyone who play since beta knows how imbalance the game was at launch. Thief and Warrior is doing like 5 times more damage than now. (100B quickness, thief quickness + 50% dm buff on a signet one shot people). Ranger quickness swap on beastmaster 5 (instant 25 stack of bleed). Ranger’s pet f2 hitting 10k. It is way more imba than you can ever imagined.

The only broken thing was thief instagib from stealth due to rendering.

If you ever got killed by a 100b war then i would suggest you to get better.

Are u really comparing beastmaster ranger, a build that would currently lose even to a mesmer, to things like cele ele, cele engi or shoutbow ?

Dear god is this really the level of gw2 average player/forum user ?

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

In a game like GW2 aimed to casual players, to open this forum and find these kind of of thread…it’s demoralizing, insulting and rather frustrating.

The OP..he’s a thief, he only mentions fire/air sigil..but there is more :

-a profession that can maintain stealth for as long as wished in order to avoid any combat unless so desired : Broken

-a profession that can teleport without requiring any Line of sight : Broken

-a profession that use the dodge mechanic up to 13-14 times in a row: Broken

-a profession that can abuse a mechanic that lack visible and easy to access counterplay: Broken

-a profession not affected by the strongest control condition (CHILL): Broken

I can potentially list some other stuff…but yeah we all get the point, before talking about balance on other profession, you OP..must give suggestions on how to “fix” your own profession.

Don’t come here saying that only fire/air sigil combo is what broken on thief, don’t you dare! In the end of the days, Profession X will use its “OP” kitten nal to counter the “OP” kitten nal of the thief

Until Arena net make pvp and wvw challenge, fun and risk than reward, i will use 90% of my time for pve and 10% in pvp and wvw. Guild Wars 2 is not new game in market: it should Never be like this at all: only in beta this happen.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Are u really comparing beastmaster ranger, a build that would currently lose even to a mesmer, to things like cele ele, cele engi or shoutbow ?

Ignorance is bliss, you clearly have no idea what GW2 was like.
Your just a subpar QQers who whines about the current “Meta”. (Or maybe even whine about current LB ranger lol?)

There’re reasons Anet “destroyed” all those builds I mentioned happened “IN THE PAST”. They’re just way more OP than any builds currently exist in the game BY FAR.

Also, do you have problem with your reading comprehension?
What I was referring to was the overpower builds “IN THE PAST” because “you” said the current meta is so imbalanced, while clearly my examples proved that in the past GW2 is much more imbalanced than now.
You can’t read or something?

Dear God, no wonder GW2 has so many QQers and whiners, they can’t even read.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

….to rebuild this game from scratches.

Is this what you want for your game?

The game has been like this for ages: Air/fire thief-mes, passive fears, geo-doom, hammer guard, incendiary powder and many, MANY more.

Start all over again.

it’s the expansion, it’s a nice excuse to throw all last 8-12 months balance changes beyond the window and start all over again.

Pls.

Agreed

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Ignorance is bliss, you clearly have no idea what GW2 was like.
Your just a subpar QQers who whines about the current “Meta”. (Or maybe even whine about current LB ranger lol?)

There’re reasons Anet “destroyed” all those builds I mentioned happened “IN THE PAST”. They’re just way more OP than any builds currently exist in the game BY FAR.

Also, do you have problem with your reading comprehension?
What I was referring to was the overpower builds “IN THE PAST” because “you” said the current meta is so imbalanced, while clearly my examples proved that in the past GW2 is much more imbalanced than now.
You can’t read or something?

Dear God, no wonder GW2 has so many QQers and whiners, they can’t even read.

If u read what he says then he says reverse lots of the last 12 months of balance….NOT go back to launch

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

You can always leave the game if you don’t like it….nobody forces you to play

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

The game is more balanced then you think, Celestial was too weak before, now its too strong. And its the one big kitten stain (hehehe that censorship works well with this sentience.) the game has.

The issue isn’t truly balance, but the players. Someone will always find something OP. Once cele is nerfed, something new will take its place. (However please kill off OP Cele Anet)

Players? Explain how you make “triple physical utilities” on Warrior work then.

It’s not the players enforcing the meta, it is MOSTLY ANET.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Btw the OP is asking to revert all nerfs on : Lyssa Runes, pistol whip spammer, double boon strip sword, FS sword not requiring hit to access LS, poison short bow spam from stealth, warriors spamming adrenaline skills, dhuumfire necros, condi immune engi +decap build…..

This was the balance 12 months ago…ok

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Also to the guy who thinks Frenzy HB was anywhere near OP and deserved that nerf, you’re probably still bad even today.

Probably thinks z-axis tele is balanced but thinks quickness is broken cause your reaction time is bad.

The Quickness Era actually took a lot of skill because landing your burst required extreme precision and dodging burst required reaction time. Of course this game is way better than the Hambow/Spirit Ranger meta right now, but to say the Quickness Era wasn’t skill based has got to be the dumbest thing to say ever.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

@OP:

You clearly do not remember the beginning of the game. Balance was horrendous. There are still a ton of broken items now, but it is certainly better than it was.

That is arguable. It is also meaningless. Whatever is considered broken/unbalanced at any moment they should work to fix it as soon as possible. So whether it was more or less balanced at release has no baring on today. Fix what’s wrong as soon as possible that should always be the thought process.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Try a condi interrupt warrior with perplexity runes in WvW. It works.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Fix what’s wrong as soon as possible that should always be the thought process.

Agreed, but it’s hard to have an agreement on “what’s wrong”. Think about Supreme who still thinks thieves are the most OP profession in the game because of stealth, or Lordrosicky who only ever played necro and have no idea on how other professions work. Some players will always want the game to be balanced around their own preferences and aspirations (some prefer one-shot fights, some prefer longer skirmishes, some like insta-cast skills, some others prefer long cast, big numbers skills), and your overall reasonable argument doesn’t work in practice: every balance change you see an equal amount of QQ and screams of joy.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Really OP? People have seen saying this for years, so I really doubt this is the last chance. I mean the first WTS was the last chance, right? Balance relatively speaking has been better than ever and with a new game mode that removes the need for a capture point, new balance will exist as well. So last chance, I highly doubt it. Guild wars 2 problem has always been conquest with the balance being secondary.

The reality is that no mmorpg is balanced go read other forum nobody is ever happy about anything. After whatever balance changes, the meta simply swifts into something new, the new OP and blah blah blah.

Also if you are going to request balance try to provide suggestions benefit all 8 professions and not only your own class. It is always better to have more suggestions than to have none.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Perplexity runes? In PvP? Try again. And yes, this is pvp subforum, not wvw, where you can accumulate tons of stats and some balance breaking runes. At least in spvp it is not that bad.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

(edited by CutePicsHunter.7430)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Fix what’s wrong as soon as possible that should always be the thought process.

Agreed, but it’s hard to have an agreement on “what’s wrong”. Think about Supreme who still thinks thieves are the most OP profession in the game because of stealth, or Lordrosicky who only ever played necro and have no idea on how other professions work. Some players will always want the game to be balanced around their own preferences and aspirations (some prefer one-shot fights, some prefer longer skirmishes, some like insta-cast skills, some others prefer long cast, big numbers skills), and your overall reasonable argument doesn’t work in practice: every balance change you see an equal amount of QQ and screams of joy.

Tbh i don’t really care, i just want the game to be built around active play and not passives.

may it be steal ( most broken instant skill ever), may it be air-fire / geo-doom/ whateverpassiveproc or even scepter ele burst.

People crying about perma stealth in an objective based game ( may it be conquest or lord kill) should just take a long, deep breath and get gud.

Cuz your objective is to capture/kill lord, not to kill a guy who’s HIDING FROM YOU.

If u want to kill someone go to the 1vs1 server.

or get gud.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

If u read what he says then he says reverse lots of the last 12 months of balance….NOT go back to launch

Then why did he write: “be balanced as it was at the beginning.”?

To be fair, i would not give up the balance we have now for the balance we had before (ever before, even though in some environments some of my classes were OP).

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

what was the point of op’s video?

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Balance is ok, sigils are NOT.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Its funny because people have been saying this phrase “the last chance left” for about 2 years now

Even though I don’t agree with many of the changes ANet is making, I do see reason behind most of them and why they are doing it. Also its their game, not yours. They get the say in how their competitive scene looks like, not you.

When the game launched some 2.5 years ago everybody was spamming greatsword frenzy warriors.

Do not turn blind eye on what they’ve achieved so far. Don’t be that naive.

My advice … learn to be flexible. Gw2, as all other MMOs is “work in progress”. Strong classes today will be afterthought tomorrow because of some balance patch. Learn to adapt or you’ll always be miserable.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Perplexity runes? In PvP? Try again. And yes, this is pvp subforum, not wvw, where you can accumulate tons of stats and some balance breaking runes. At least in spvp it is not that bad.

Well, he asked for triple physical utilities, which is a bit restrictive. Maybe with only two I could do better. I gave a WvW suggestion because I think that’s where this kind of build would work at best. You want me to try again and I gladly will. I don’t have time to try any build till this week-end, but I’ll mess around and post something here if you are still interested.

If you want a little spoiler, I will probably try a mace-sword/bow build with three physical utilities and the confusion on interrupt trait.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

what was the point of op’s video?

Showing everything that is wrong with the game.

Someone getting downed by passive procs (air-fire-chill of death).

Total joke.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Its funny because people have been saying this phrase “the last chance left” for about 2 years now

Even though I don’t agree with many of the changes ANet is making, I do see reason behind most of them and why they are doing it. Also its their game, not yours. They get the say in how their competitive scene looks like, not you.

When the game launched some 2.5 years ago everybody was spamming greatsword frenzy warriors.

My advice … learn to be flexible. Gw2, as all other MMOs is “work in progress”. Strong classes today will be afterthought tomorrow because of some balance patch. Learn to adapt or you’ll always be miserable.

Frenzy warriors had counterplay: dodge, stunbreak, block, whatever.

Air-fire, geo-doom and all the passive kitten have ZERO counter play.

Maybe the game somehow feels more balanced right now, but passive procs are TERRIBLE for game health.

That’s why nobody plays pvp right now, and why people quit

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

In a game like GW2 aimed to casual players

and here folks…here we have the main pvp problem

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I agree with OP.
10/10 want ~30k Backstab Thieves back.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

I agree with OP.
10/10 want ~30k Backstab Thieves back.

I just want 1-hit pistol whip back

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Definitely missing 9k Mug crits and triple stacked shattered strength myself.

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

In beta the game was simply absurdly fast paced, which was why I loved it so much. EVERY clkitten (edit: seriously, a-net?) hat something to just instagib people who were not on their toes. However you could counterplay all of that (ok, backstab thief WAS broken outside of 1v1 due to the hit coming from stealth… still..).
Best state of balance was before the dhuumfire patch. Revert to that and I might even consider going competitive (if I can get my mechanics back to par).
After dhuumfire everything went down hill.

TLDR: Pre dhuumfire/spirit patch balance plz.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Cele might be a bit too strong but likely at this point its BARELY too strong. Like actually probably not really humanely noticeable. Its the perception of strength that is high currently which is responsible for the meta. Small tweaks are needed not large ones at this point. Game is far more balanced than it ever was.

Also there is the question of what is strong at low unorganized levels vs higher organized levels. I see and do better with zerk builds when I solo queue unranked for instance. Anet can’t balance solely around the top 5%.

I’ve played since early access… balance is a lot better overall.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

This guy is right let’s not give any more feedback or critisism instead let us just watch as Anet does their job and buffs underpowered air/fire and celestial amulet. It’s their game, so why bother right?
/obvious sarcasm is obvious.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

An expansion (based on earnings projection) might actually give them the required resources to do just that.

I’m pretty sure they have enough resources by milking the gem store with all those skins/dyes…

just saiyan’

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

In beta the game was simply absurdly fast paced, which was why I loved it so much. EVERY clkitten (edit: seriously, a-net?) hat something to just instagib people who were not on their toes. However you could counterplay all of that (ok, backstab thief WAS broken outside of 1v1 due to the hit coming from stealth… still..).
Best state of balance was before the dhuumfire patch. Revert to that and I might even consider going competitive (if I can get my mechanics back to par).

This.

Aside thief burst, nothing was really OP.

People were actually complaining about clutch play abilities like time warp, portal and IoL instead of sigils and celestial ( at least at high level, not scrub level where people were complaining , and actually still complain, about frenzy warriors).

How could this game go so much downhill is beyond me.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

This.

Aside thief burst, nothing was really OP.

People were actually complaining about clutch play abilities like time warp, portal and IoL instead of sigils and celestial ( at least at high level, not scrub level where people were complaining , and actually still complain, about frenzy warriors).

How could this game go so much downhill is beyond me.

Casual friendly ofc…what else

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Hey, WildStar is not casul friendly, you might wanna check that out then?

P.S: Non-casual is just another wording for nolife for everyone else but you.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

So i am very excited after reading and watching video presentation of 3 of 5 new mmo expansion of other mmo i am playing. All i can say is: Fun, Fun, Fun. That is all player want and it sad Guild Wars 2 hate it. The excuse for player want fun and challenge is: "LPT and “Stop Complaining”. Oh well!, Guild Wars 2 is not the only mmo game in the market. Again, the only game mode in Guild Wars 2 i find fun and challenge is Pve: I credit Arena net for put a lot of effort to make that happen. If Guild Wars 2 was a Pve only game mode, it would be very good.

I am tired and frustrate when i hear player like me be told if want challenge and fun in pvp and wvw, that it is Lpt and to complaining. For past 3 years what did "it is not Lpt and Do not Complain do for Guild Wars 2? Cele engineer, Cele ele, thief, ranger, instant death, excessive mobility, excessive damage, excessive everything= Absolute Nothing.

I notice Arena net making small change=fun in last patch which is ok. What will make it Good-Great is for Arena net to fix big problems like Cele Engineer> and Cele Elementalist> is Not Guardian, Thief design need change, Ranger Range need adjustment, Warrior Mobility and defense need adjustment, Necromancer mobility need adjust, need access to all condition, Guradian damage need adjustment> Gurdian is Not Warrior!..

Guild Wars 2 all game mode should be fun; not only 1. I hope before Hotw release or in release: Arena net make it happen

Last Encouragement…

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them”

“Making a big change is scary. But do you know what’s even scarier? Regret”

“All of us make mistakes. The key is to acknowledge them, learn, and move on. The real sin is ignoring mistakes, or worse, seeking to hide them.

“Remember these two things: play hard and have fun”

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)