Holosmith.. for real? that dmg ?!?

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Holosmith is like a warrior with 5 insanely hard hitting burst skills..

Go into holosmith mode (photon forge) spam those skills wich deal insane dmg..
You have enough time before you get to hot to burst down 5man..

You go out of holosmith mode.. wait like 10sec and repeat.

Sorry but those skills in Photon Forge deal insanely dmg!

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It won’t last. Pretty much everything is broken right now. Scourge is ridiculous for example.

in PvP

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

agree that most are broken.
I ve played for a while yolosmith with paladin amu and scrapper rune and i was literally unkillable while the death star strike was able to tear apart the (poor) enemy..

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The holo leap is the biggest offender, seen it hit for 7k on people easily with no other damage investment traits. The photon blitz damage isn’t too bad, best I’ve seen is 5k with demolisher amulet and about 3k off the shockwave same amulet, thing is it leaves them vulnerable to everything else that follows up.

Holo leap in my opinion could do with a 40% reduction and 20-30% reduction on corona burst too. The autos aren’t anything stupid from what I saw but could do with a 10-15% reduction just off the tooltip.

While you’re all talking about holosmith being so strong, worldly impact on soul east I’ve seen hit for 15k+ on glass pretty easily so there’s plenty of one shot kills about.

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Burn stacking is out of control I’ve noticed today as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Cries in Soulbeast

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Sadly, Holo and Scourge have turned out to be my favorite so far. But that’s probably because they both have insane damage. Holosmith is squishy though, so I hope they don’t nerf damage too much.

Scourge really only does insane damage if you’re standing near the shades. Then it’s kind of like playing against a condi shatter mes on steroids.

in PvP

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

It won’t last. Pretty much everything is broken right now. Scourge is ridiculous for example.

I sure hope you are right… currently it is crazy stupid. Yes, make the new stuff nice enough to make folks buy the expansion, Anet is a business after all. No, don’t make it so that a few builds crush everyone else.

My take so far— this really is not fun in sPVP.

in PvP

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Meanwhile, deadeye needs to sit around waiting 10-21s for an attempt at a couple of single target shots with large tell so you can reflect it back into their face.

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Hopefully if any damage nerfs go out for anything before lunch it sticks to pvp and leaves pve alone especially now that they have skill splitting

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Cries in Soulbeast

Firebrand trying to cheer you up but his mantra fails cause you are not in his cone.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Meanwhile, deadeye needs to sit around waiting 10-21s for an attempt at a couple of single target shots with large tell so you can reflect it back into their face.

It’s not like you can spam reflection every few seconds except for firebrand’s tome of courage, but even then the guard is locked on a tome and waits for a shot that a deadeye can throw at any second from a distance. Reflection of the said shot would purely base on the target’s luck to somehow throw a reflect/projectile hate and deadeye’s inconvenience to pull the trigger at the same moment.

**Cries in Soulbeast**

Firebrand trying to cheer you up but his mantra fails cause you are not in his cone.

+1 on that my friend
But for real... with all the melee burst that flies around on top of area denial skills (spellbreaker, scourge) devs, while making firebrand, didn’t really thought about that fact that FB will be shutdown for most of the time in a fight or just focused down due to lack of any form of mobility or strong damage mitigation. For example barriers, geee why don’t we have any barriers?! This sounds like a core ability, the essence of a GUARDIAN - BARRIER come on! It is us who should get barriers if they expect us to go into all that melee burst that flies around without any way to disengage efficiently.
Either that or 360 degree, 600 range radius on mantras. Another way is to keep it as clunky as it is but 900 range (ground target?) OR remake one mantra to grant us a blink of some sort to get out of a fight safely when we are about to get rekt into the ground.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

My weaver would gladly trade barrier for some blocks.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

It’s not like you can spam reflection every few seconds except for firebrand’s tome of courage, but even then the guard is locked on a tome and waits for a shot that a deadeye can throw at any second from a distance. Reflection of the said shot would purely base on the target’s luck to somehow throw a reflect/projectile hate and deadeye’s inconvenience to pull the trigger at the same moment.

Cries in Soulbeast

+1 on that my friend
But for real… with all the melee burst that flies around on top of area denial skills (spellbreaker, scourge) devs, while making firebrand, didn’t really thought about that fact that FB will be shutdown for most of the time in a fight or just focused down due to lack of any form of mobility or strong damage mitigation. For example barriers, geee why don’t we have any barriers?! This sounds like a core ability, the essence of a GUARDIAN – BARRIER come on! It is us who should get barriers if they expect us to go into all that melee burst that flies around without any way to disengage efficiently.
Either that or 360 degree, 600 range radius on mantras. Another way is to keep it as clunky as it is but 900 range (ground target?) OR remake one mantra to grant us a blink of some sort to get out of a fight safely when we are about to get rekt into the ground.

Guardian don’t need barriers.
It’s blue and magical and that’s enough :P

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

in PvP

Posted by: Zuiy.8721

Zuiy.8721

Holosmith is like a warrior with 5 insanely hard hitting burst skills..

Go into holosmith mode (photon forge) spam those skills wich deal insane dmg..
You have enough time before you get to hot to burst down 5man..

You go out of holosmith mode.. wait like 10sec and repeat.

Sorry but those skills in Photon Forge deal insanely dmg!

Also 2nd grandmaster(you know the one that gives strength above 100 heat) with rune of strength gives 25 stacks of might 100% of the time if your careful. Just remember to stick with the team.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

WoW a necro spec that is all arround viable ?

better nerf it am i right ? its not like its squishy as hell…..

necros cant have nice things….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I don’t know having effectively double the health of other classes and “I win” reaper form is pretty good going. Good necros can burst down several people at once, see it happen in ranked all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Haoasakura.5784

Haoasakura.5784

Sadly, Holo and Scourge have turned out to be my favorite so far. But that’s probably because they both have insane damage. Holosmith is squishy though, so I hope they don’t nerf damage too much.

Scourge really only does insane damage if you’re standing near the shades. Then it’s kind of like playing against a condi shatter mes on steroids.

In a match i got 3 enemies in a corner, they couldn’t do nothing, i just spammed the shade skill and the all died XD

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I don’t know having effectively double the health of other classes and “I win” reaper form is pretty good going. Good necros can burst down several people at once, see it happen in ranked all the time.

any class can do that when you jump on a bunch of people in a team fight while they allready exhausted their kit in the fighting…

you wont gonna burst down anything with a reaper alone againts ANY competent player…. also what rank ? bronze ? lol tell me when that gonna happen in Diamond+…
where people abuse their classes bloated utilities and mobility that sadly necro doe snot have…

“I win reaper form” BAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAA omg seriously.. im not even gonna try explaining stuff to you after this….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Guardian don’t need barriers.
It’s blue and magical and that’s enough :P

But you have to agree that barrier sounds so close to something a guardian could do.
With barriers in the game I think that aegis’ spot might be in danger because even if it might block a one high burst skill (which can still be unblockable), barrier just sounds more appealing, as in teamfights our blocks will be blown away by a random AA or just something that happened to fart nearby and waste our block meant for something harder, while barriers will keep on soakin’ the overall damage.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: jonemirant.1653

jonemirant.1653

dat means anet will probably overdo it and nerf it to the bones 3 months later like the old reverant, and then everybody will QQ and crai like “anet why u nerf dis, dats uncalled for!”