Hopping into the PvP scene

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Hey Guys,

I just started pvping ‘seriously’ (trying to get better, learn the professions and the meta) and I have a simple (or maybe complex) question for more experienced. What do you do against bunker builds?

Some background info, I have all professions in PvE at lvl80 so I have access to all classes so I have good experience in each class (viable options, various builds, etc) pve wise—but pvp wise I am at a loss kind of. I usually try to pvp with each class 10 games and then switch to freshen up my play, but I have problems against really hard bunker builds (I go for balanced usually).

Before I would normally try to learn the ropes and not ask for help, but yesterday I fought an ele s/d and it was me and a mesmer—and we could barely get the ele’s health past 70%. And trust me when I say I was literally on him 24/7 but it seemed as if his heals and endurance upkeep made him somewhat undefeatable.

So I guess meta-wise, should I just focus on capping at that point? What if he’s at a point and defending it? Should I just leave and wait for backups for more dps? Did I have a bad build for my necro (0/20/0/20/30)? Did I choose the wrong class to fight against bunker eles let alone bunkers in general?

Any tips would be appreciated!

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Pharexys.4280

Pharexys.4280

yes unfortunatly there is nothing balanced, and the spec you have is a bunker-condition necro spec i assume ?

Pretty much you have to understand the spvp in this game is around “gaining points”.
So fighting over kills will not help you win the game in most cases.
To kill bunkers you need to time your burst or your damage/abilities.

I play most of the clases but only Warrior and Mesmer on top pvp so i cant help with specs or whatever you did wrong with a Necro.

Devils Inside for life.
www.devils-inside.org