HotM is boring

HotM is boring

in PvP

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Imo, having to wait in the Heart of the Mists while in queue is the worst change to the old PvP system. It is so boring that I usually just tab out and do something else.

First of all, a bank/tp/laurel npc is no compensation for not being able to play any different content at all.

Secondly, anyone correct me if I’m wrong, but the only reason I’ve heard so far why players should idle in HotM is because the q-pop might come during loading screens, so they might not get a chance to accept in time.
If that is the case, then please consider this:
Even someone who actually needs more than 20 sec to load a new map is actively playing the game. They are not afk and therefore wouldn’t cause a 4v5.
You can even assume they are done with whatever content they were playing in the previous map, so they most certainly are ready for PvP at that moment.

Solution: Make it possible again to leave HotM and make being in a loading screen an auto-accept if you are in PvP queue.

Thoughts?

HotM is boring

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Agreed, this update has been full of worst possible ‘solutions’ that ended up making the game more miserable.

I could put up with a lot of the bad changes if I could just play the rest of the game while ‘waiting’. There should be no feeling of waiting in this game.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

HotM is boring

in PvP

Posted by: Wiol.6415

Wiol.6415

A crafting station is required

Wyrdfell Guild Leader | Forum Wyrdfell

An italian guild on Seafarer’s Rest

HotM is boring

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Under the old system I would load in to Pvp with 20s before match start. Why? Two
minutes of dead time pre match is waaaay too long.

The only times that I was actively playing and didn’t see the Q pop up?

…. I was playing the Trading Post, which now is the only thing to do in the Pvp lobby.

Fail.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

HotM is boring

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

This is HUGE fail which creates only problems.
I see them now brainstorming in room:
- we need to extend queue for more balanced matches
- no, we can’t do that, players will bad-mouth on us, they already bored on hotm

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy