Hotjoin Issues

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Hotjoins for quick games does not work as intended, fix it please, enough is enough.

1.) If you click play (hotjoin), you are placed on funky custom maps with specific rules set by players who made it, if we wanted to play on a custom server by other peoples rules we would select one from the list.

2.) When we manually select an official server from the list which claims to have players on it with available slots, (ticking HIDE EMPTY and HIDE FULL) in the filter, almost any server joined is already full or empty, (ie, it does not work)

I don’t know how much work is involved in fixing these 2 bugs but you really should as it’s stopping people playing like they used to before the recent patch.

As for the second bug, that has always been broken and you should fix it.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Somthing is definately broken, pressing play now sends me to custom servers but there are tons of empty Anet servers, what the hell? I can manually go into one but whats the point if noone else is able to join.

Attachments:

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

give us back 8 vs 8 and all of these problems will go away.

it was a terrible mistake to remove 8 vs 8 servers in the first place.

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

This was related to the bug that was disabling progression on our arenas. Now that it is fixed, people should be directed to our custom arenas.

This was my fault, I made a typo on one of the map identifiers in our configuration files and the server didn’t recognize it as a standard configuration.

It should be working now.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Justin, you are awesome with how quickly you respond to these issues! Three thumbs up!

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

This was related to the bug that was disabling progression on our arenas. Now that it is fixed, people should be directed to our custom arenas.

This was my fault, I made a typo on one of the map identifiers in our configuration files and the server didn’t recognize it as a standard configuration.

aaaah thanks justin for the quick reply and fix !!! XD

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

You don’t need to explain yourself, we all make mistakes. Thanks for the un-kitten though!

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

But isn’t it cool that he is so straightforward about it, in addition to fixing it promptly?

Here’s to you good sir! passes the cookies

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

Hotjoin Issues

in PvP

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

That’s fantastic! thanks Justin

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)