Hotjoin: Quality PvP'ers stacking one side

in PvP

Posted by: Loki.8034

Loki.8034

I join hotjoin yesterday and I could see the match going on that had one team an overall advantage over the other, seeing it was 3vs4 (2 medi guards and 2 thiefs) I did not take much noticed of it and join. I noticed the skill difference of this group (4) is quite high and stayed for the next 5 games for the challenge. But this turned out to be very frustrating as they keep stacking to one side and the lost was huge, think of the average loss was around 300points+

I consider myself an average pvper and always seek to set against quality players but wonder what these people were thinking?

Practice arena is meant to introduce people to pvp not to kill their motivation for it.

What say you? Do you condone this type of behaviour or not?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I think they should block players above XX rank from joining hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Unranked/ranked queue is for “balanced” games. For your own sake, never expect good matches out of hotjoin. It’s for practicing your own mechanics only.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Just go to a different server. If no one joins them, then they will have to fight each other.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Called newb farming.
Been around for good while.
Only those new to PvP are dumb enough to join those games.

This is basically how I see the servers right now.
(Under Practice) You have Dailies, 1v1, newb farming
(Under Play) Unranked
(Under Compete) Ranked

Pretty sure they intended practice for the good players to practice using there builds to take down newbs real fast. Hence they made it 5v5, so even if a good player joins the team with newbs, they still don’t stand a chance. Stacked team and more players on opposing team and newbs on your team, good luck.

If it was 8v8, bit more difficult because a lot more players, I don’t think theres enough newbs out there so better chances of good players as well.
However, I wouldn’t be surprised if this didn’t do anything.

Because like the solo que mindset they put on everyone.
They also put on everyone the “wait and see whose gonna win before joining the game” mindset.
Hence game is something like 3v2, like 6 players in spectate waiting for a newb to join the losing team. than one of those 6 guys get lucky from spamming the join winning team button and 4v3 now. 5v4 6v5 7v6 8v7, by this time game pretty much over, the score something like 400 to 200. Only a newb would join a team the losing team with that kind of score.
Same process the next game.

Should consider yourself lucky, you go to the forums. You now know about newb farming. Should be more inclined not to be apart of the people getting farmed now.
Thing is, most newbs don’t goto the forums, they know little about PvP anyways, they don’t know any better, they join losing team. They have no idea they are in the newb farming process. They don’t realize they are being farmed. They think its just that they are terrible players and new to game so they keep doing it. Eventually they get smart enough and not be a newb anymore and not be a person that is farmed.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

This topic startled me. I didn’t remember making this post…

On a more serious note, I find consistent stacking in practice/hotjoin perfectly reasonable. Hotjoin is and never was meant to be balanced. It’s a casual mode that lets people instantly jump into a game and try out builds, do dailies, and all-in-all goof around with casual pvp.

If you want serious pvp matches, then you go to unranked or ranked. But in hotjoin, people can enter, leave, and switch teams as they please, so of course it will never be balanced. And I see no reason to penalize people for playing on the same team with their friends in hotjoin.

As others have suggested before me, if you find yourself getting “farmed” by some people and you don’t like it, join another room or play in unranked. It literally takes 3 seconds to do.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

You didn’t make this post. OP has different numbers after his name than you.

OP can still enter spectate mode and cycle through games until he finds one he wants to play in, right?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Eventually they get smart enough and not be a newb anymore and not be a person that is farmed.

Unfortunately, more likely they quit and never come back to PvP. Thus PvP never becoming a thriving, well populated game mode and never reaching its full potential.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Just play unranked instead of hotjoin, hopefully the matchmaking algorithm gives you a more balanced match.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Eventually they get smart enough and not be a newb anymore and not be a person that is farmed.

Unfortunately, more likely they quit and never come back to PvP. Thus PvP never becoming a thriving, well populated game mode and never reaching its full potential.

You know, there are some good players out there, but they become part of the farming process, hence they don’t even think about trying for WTS because those medicore newb farmers scared them to death, so they think the good players are like WAY WAY WAY too good…. They aint.

Its like fighting, those good players that don’t do tournaments, could easily beat those medicore farmers 1v1 do something 2v1, but when its 3v1 style they slammed hard. Even when its 3v3, they still get slammed.

Its like a buff dude, with 2 girls vs 3 scrawny dudes. 3 scrawny dudes going to overwhelm that buff dude, and those 2 girls (newbs) aint really gonna do anything but rally/motivate the scrawny dudes while the buff dude gets demoralized because his teammates getting owned and now hes left. Most of time in GW2 though. Its buff dude and 2 girls vs 4 scrawny dudes, good luck with that. 2 guys hold ya down and 3rd guy just finish and 4th guy humiliates, game over pal. Those 2 girls just be running around not knowing what to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Mouseheart.8672

Mouseheart.8672

Its like a buff dude, with 2 girls vs 3 scrawny dudes. 3 scrawny dudes going to overwhelm that buff dude, and those 2 girls (newbs) aint really gonna do anything but rally/motivate the scrawny dudes while the buff dude gets demoralized because his teammates getting owned and now hes left. Most of time in GW2 though. Its buff dude and 2 girls vs 4 scrawny dudes, good luck with that. 2 guys hold ya down and 3rd guy just finish and 4th guy humiliates, game over pal. Those 2 girls just be running around not knowing what to do.

Classy analogy. Classy as kitten. Hopefully these kitten women leveled their cooking craft to be somewhat useful, eh? Amirite, bra? Eh? /s

Seriously, though, hotjoin can be vile. Some of the worst offenders seem to flock to hotjoin because unranked/ranked would actually require to play the game and not win through team stacking. Sometimes even just trying out a class is impossible because you get zerged all the time. Really not a fun place, at all.

Cool engineers don’t look at explosions.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

You didn’t make this post. OP has different numbers after his name than you.

Lol. Inception is real

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I don’t know why 4-5 ‘good’ players would play practice instead of unranked…

They receive less rewards.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I struggle in pvp, but I avoid hotjoin like the plague. It’s so unbalanced that, and puts me off practising pvp(which I sorely need to do.)
I know it was designed for practice…but it doesn’t work that way and isn’t any fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Devs should make it so that u can only join a game two at a time (one on each side) so that teams are always even. Would help the situation and be relatively easy to implement.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I think they should block players above XX rank from joining hotjoin.

How would I practice/test my new build?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: peacefulpioneer.9280

peacefulpioneer.9280

Devs should make it so that u can only join a game two at a time (one on each side) so that teams are always even. Would help the situation and be relatively easy to implement.

Even easier would be to just make autobalance force the odd player over to the losing side, after there’s around a 100 point difference maybe. It would prevent people from teamswapping to the winning side, and it would give the losing side a chance to make a comeback with an extra player. I don’t see why it doesn’t work this way already.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ That’s an interesting suggestion. I think it could work to pop up Autobalance if the teams are unbalanced and the overstrength team has a significant point lead. However, if nobody else joins the match, you could get into a silly situation where the teams have 3/2 with Red leading. Autobalance puts one Red team member onto Blue. 2/3 until Blue leads, then Autobalance kicks in again. Possibly repeat ad nauseam as the score continues to flip flop between whoever has the higher number of players.

I wouldn’t mind that sort of game, but then again, I’m also the type who doesn’t care which team I’m on, and I always instantly volunteer for Autobalance the moment it pops. I think this system, while it has its merits, could seriously annoy other players who don’t like being forcibly team swapped.

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Hotjoins are for quick dailies. For practice go to Unranked.

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Here’s what people have been doing in hot-join for 9 months now:

• Players join either team at the beginning of a match. 5 vs 5.
  • As soon as one team has more points than the other, one player leaves that team and becomes a spectator. 4 vs 5.
  • The losing team begins to lose more because it is outnumbered. Another player leaves that team becomes a spectator. 3 vs 5.
  • Auto-balance is triggered. A player is switched from the winning team to the losing team, but has a guaranteed victory anyway because of the volunteer bonus. 4 vs 4.
  • Immediately, spectators race to join the winning team only. 4 vs 5.
  • The situation is hopeless. Another player leaves the losing team and becomes a spectator. 3 vs 5.
  • Auto-balance is triggered. A player is switched, but has a guaranteed victory because of the volunteer bonus. 4 vs 4.
  • Immediately, spectators race to join the winning team only. 4 vs 5.
  • Repeat until everyone in the match is either on the winning team or has a guaranteed victory bonus from volunteering.

It’s an absolute mess, and ArenaNet has been ignoring the situation so far. I suppose it’s working as intended. If you want to actually play, you’ll have to join unranked. I highly recommend you bring a full party of friends along, however. There is an very high chance of getting AFKers and other saboteurs on your team if you queue on your own.

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Even if they do get through that part there is still the lobby chat that could very well drive them away. They are kind in a bind there.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Even if they do get through that part there is still the lobby chat that could very well drive them away. They are kind in a bind there.

I disagree. NA pvp lobby has the most interesting convos.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Its not even worth using hotjoin to practice new builds, just play around against the npc/bosses in the mists for a bit then go straight to unranked. You can test your build better in the unranked environment because you usually get 5vs5’s and much more balanced games than hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: peacefulpioneer.9280

peacefulpioneer.9280

^ That’s an interesting suggestion. I think it could work to pop up Autobalance if the teams are unbalanced and the overstrength team has a significant point lead. However, if nobody else joins the match, you could get into a silly situation where the teams have 3/2 with Red leading. Autobalance puts one Red team member onto Blue. 2/3 until Blue leads, then Autobalance kicks in again. Possibly repeat ad nauseam as the score continues to flip flop between whoever has the higher number of players.

I wouldn’t mind that sort of game, but then again, I’m also the type who doesn’t care which team I’m on, and I always instantly volunteer for Autobalance the moment it pops. I think this system, while it has its merits, could seriously annoy other players who don’t like being forcibly team swapped.

Players already get forcibly team swapped because of players on the losing team going to spectate so that they can rejoin the winning team, which is seriously far more annoying. And if you require a 100 point lead, the swap would not repeat more than maybe 3 times at maximum. I believe it would make a much fairer and more enjoyable game, overall.