Hotjoin Zerg

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Since I want to try out new builds, I have done several hotjoin games again. Almost every match turns into zerg-runs-from-point-to-point (and I only join 5-player-maps).

Is this really fun for some of you? I don’t get it.

(edited by AlbertoUlkesh.4517)

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it was fun when it wasn’t so badly out of balance,
before hambow, when you could have decent group fights it was pretty fun.

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Hmm, I’m not really seeing many group fights though.
It’s mostly 2 zergs running from point to point, trying to avoid each other. The only “fighting” is when 1 or 2 people split off and get destroyed when they run into the zerg.

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

its simply because your team win or lose doesnt matter at all in hotjoin and almost same reward for those zerg run , if players think in team q or solo q war isnt mindless enough they would like to try thise mode for reward without any effort.

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Anyone playing hotjoin is there either

• just to test builds
  • doing daily achievements
  • because they’re new to pvp

Aka, nobody cares about actually winning and people just want to fight, leading to mini zergs.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Anyone playing hotjoin is there either

• just to test builds
  • doing daily achievements
  • because they’re new to pvp

Aka, nobody cares about actually winning and people just want to fight, leading to mini zergs.

Just to have some random fun without having to worry about the boring mechanic known as capping or holding points

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Part of the problem is that the difference between rewards for winning vs losing is not visible enough… People STILL think you get rank points based off score so they try to maximize their own instead of trying to win.

Also hotjoin players are bad (or hopelessly proud) and more often let themselves get ganked when they should just run away which only makes zerging more effective

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Since I want to try out new builds, I have done several hotjoin games again. Almost every match turns into zerg-runs-from-point-to-point (and I only join 5-player-maps).

Is this really fun for some of you? I don’t get it.

I use it as training wheels for WvW!

follow zerg, smash buttons.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Solution: Take ever possible blink and evasive skill/trait you own and mobdive, draw people away from their mini zerg and blink/ rinse and repeat..
It won’t win you the game, but it’s kitten funny.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Hotjoin Zerg

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Solution: Take out hotjoin. It’s a curse.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!