Hotm additional add-ons ideas.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Since Heart of the Mists have all kinds of training items like golems, the Blue Lord, Beasts, etc..
Can you also add:

-A small colosseum out back that when entered, you and any other player will become hostile and able to fight.

-Have an NPC cast player specific rotations on you like a Thieve’s heartseeker, Mesmer’s shatter, Necro’s deathroud, an engi’s turrets, etc. that reflect real world scenarios. (preferably meta builds)

-A resetable, dps meter so you can compare one build’s damage to another (comparing condis to raw damage and able to see peek burst damage)

For starters if just these were in place, waiting for a long queue wouldn’t be so bad. The Hotm can become more of a “gym” for players looking to test themselves.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

All fine ideas. Why not? It would make for a better game, period.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I’d like to see those npcs in the back (add ranger lol) run meta builds so we can test our builds against things we’d be likely to see in matches. While the AI won’t be better than fighting a real person, it would still be better than the complete pushovers they are now.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

A damage meter that is self only and only displays in HotM would be fine by me. Outside those limitations and environment, I am strongly against.

The coliseum idea would have to be instanced or you would just get a murderball going on. Make it a 20’ high ring fence. You could add a Custom Arena Token wager option, so the competitors could wager tokens on their duel (this wouldn’t be required, but an option for those who like that sort of thing). Or Skill Point wagers.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

(edited by GOSU.9574)