Hotm reworks

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Ash ketchum.2051

Ash ketchum.2051

Are you tired of waiting on the team/soloQ’s and just jumping around on the same little hill? How many asura’s do you see jumping in front of your screen, over and over again. Hotm is a really beautiful area. But the real purpose of that area is to wait for the Q.
While waiting, people just jump around/try to find bugs in maps/try to get as high as possible/… and jumping over the same little part of the map, over and over again.

My suggestion is as follow: Expand the Hotm map with some difficult jumping puzzles ( scale of mad kings clock tower jumping puzzle). Try implementing random changes to the jumping puzzle so every time we jump it, it feels different. As i do not want this jumping puzzle to be one to just get 10AP and never go again, i suggest not rewarding it, or rewarding it for a very low price every time you jump it. (not daily since people will just make a daily of it, and if the puzzle is really hard and low rewarding, people will do it for fun and honor). Herefor the jumping puzzle should be challenging and unforgiving.

A second suggestion to keep the pvp’ers busy while we wait, is to make a small arena, with enough obstacles, and a overpowered AI. Herefor the challenge is to survive as long as possible. ( using blocks/blinds/knockbacks/and most important, environment).
The “boss” should not be defeatable, but should be able to pop stability on occasions ( like in real pvp). Also this should be very unforgiving. This way, the newer players, will learn ( without getting flamed etc.. ) to not random-dodge. To use blinds as defense. And use the environment.
Herefor there could be a ranklist with the maximum survivetime of the players who were in the arena to make it competing.

If you feel like this is too much work for “nothing” (people should be patient etc.. ). I would really not mind paying gems for a jumping-puzzle or kiting-simulator-deluxe expansion of Hotm. Make the price affordable ( +-400gems). And make sure that the people who dont have the expansion, can see the other people jumping and having fun on the jumping puzzle to encourage them buying it.

tl;dr?
Anet, please make a randomized jumping puzzle or a “kiting-simulator-deluxe” in Hotm so we can stop jumping for no reason.

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

This post deserves more attention.

P.S.
They could add some sort of SAB for PvPers

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: uboot.8715

uboot.8715

How about duelzone in HotM? or Duel areas – just like that one when you can practice with NPC like Engineer NPC or so.

Champion Titles: 6/8
The Various Artists [feat]

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

how about converting hotm to SAB entirely

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I would love to see a jumping puzzle added to the mists….

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

I would rather see duel pits than a jumping puzzle.

B O I N K

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I would rather see duel pits than a jumping puzzle.

I’d rather see both.

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Ash ketchum.2051

How about duelzone in HotM? or Duel areas – just like that one when you can practice with NPC like Engineer NPC or so.

Duel arena’s would be extremely difficult to implement for actual training on real pvp. Or at least at some level. To make the AI interactive/using rotations according to enemy/doing stuff like in real pvp. It would almost be impossible to implement.
+ it still all has to be random. You cant just let it do always the same rotation over and over again. it’ll just be too easy when you know how it works. Or how working with AI dodging?
If you want a duel area, it should be to make the players who use it improve. Not to test damage and stuff. Therefor a surviving challenge seems way better. This way you could actually learn your defensive skills, to only pop them when needed so you dont have 9000+ cooldowns like every beginner. This could actually improve you on kiting. Which would make the pvp-level ( which is now averagely pathetic) improve.

Tough i’d prefer a jumping puzzle or SAB hotm. Easyer implementing, and so much fun jumping.

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

You know you don’t have to wait there, right? You can do PVE, WvW, or hotjoin all while you wait.

Hotm reworks

in PvP

DanzelOPP.5068

I would rather jump around this mists than do any of the things you just said.

B O I N K

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

You know you don’t have to wait there, right? You can do PVE, WvW, or hotjoin all while you wait.

Yes, but then when you leave a match you are automatically redirected to HotM, regardless of where you were before.

I personally think that an extremely difficult JP and/or an extremely difficult 1v1 arena against NPCs could really improve our QoL in SPVP.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I would rather jump around this mists than do any of the things you just said.

So you would rather demand map expansions which we know takes massive resources and time instead of playing any of the multiple options available to you that I mentioned, but did not include PvTP, karma converting, duel servers, map completion, etc. etc. etc.

Hotm reworks

in PvP

DanzelOPP.5068

Yes. Hotjoin is an abomination. Pve is a joke and wvw…well it’s wvw. You would rather someone have to take their money and open a custom server just for dueling when they could use it for something else? For shame!!!

B O I N K

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

+1 for dis post

especially the overpowered al

i like jps too~

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Ash ketchum.2051

Actually, with all respect to pve and wvw, as a pvp player, we want to stay in hotm. And hotjoin is balls. Sorry but the system doesn’t work.
If started with even just a small patch where we could jump, with improvements over time ( by some developer who does this when he’s bored or something and wants to give some love the the pvp-community). This is really not a feature we want to be very soon or very perfected. We just want something… And that could be reworked/debugged every time that developer feels like..

Hotm reworks

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

+1 to JP in HotM. Seems like every time I end a match I’m jumping up to the roof or climbing around the edges of the map.

Hotm reworks

in PvP

DanzelOPP.5068

I would also like to add…why would I join a duel server if I am waiting for my queue to pop?? It doesn’t take an extreme amount of time for me (granted I usually play around prime time). Also if I went into pve, what should I do? I am lvl 80 with full gear. I have no interest at all in pve actually. For wvw…once again I play on blackgate…so to get into maps I probably will have to queue up there too…sooo now what?
Excuse me while I jump around the mists.

B O I N K