How Come

How Come

in PvP

Posted by: SarahGobbi.2319

SarahGobbi.2319

Guardians can teleport through walls? I go behind walls to get out of LoS and they just teleport through the wall to me. Doesnt make sense imo

How Come

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

“Teleportation or teletransportation is the theoretical transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them. It is a common subject in science fiction literature, film, video games, and television.”

Guardian only has two teleports a 600 range on his sword 2 short cooldown and judges intervention which is 1200 range long cooldown. Pretty easy to counter just be aware and ready and memorise which player is using which build/skills in a match.

How Come

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Just remember spots that Guardian/Thief can teleport to you even out of LoS. Actually, if you want to have a better chance against Guardian, go play the class and use the ports and see how and when it’s best to do so.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Current-Optimal-DH-in-PvP/6602762

This means that you can’t expect to be completely safe after using a port out of a failing fight, and if you are prepared you can precast skills to hit the chaser right as they port to you.

A good example is Skyhammer, where the walls of the side points/lower floors outside spawn lets classes with targeted teleports chase whenever they wish.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

How Come

in PvP

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

All skills that can target player and teleport to it can move you through obstacles.

How Come

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

Actually, if you want to have a better chance against Guardian, go play the class and use the ports and see how and when it’s best to do so.

+1 this. I main theif, started pvp in season 5, I couldn’t get out of silver and eventually stopped playing and tanked it down to bronze. In season 6, well before season 6 I made all new classes and took their meta builds out into unranked learning and memorising their skills and traits in just a few hours.

To my surprise I finished at gold 3 after messing about with several classes in ranked. This is absolutely the best way to get better at spvp, learning every class will give you a massive advantage. As above at the very least go onto metabattle.com and read through the top builds for conquest.

How Come

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

LoS is for projectiles. If you want to avoid a player to teleport use the different jumping puzzles available. You are looking for the infamous “no valid path to target” thing.

btw DH and rev will teleport closer anyway as long as you have a target, even if the target is out of the skill range

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]