How GW2 SPvP could be the next LoL~

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

One major flaw: Can’t conveniently queue for SPvP with your friends.

League of Legends is the most popular online PvP-esque game in the world, and is simply put the most played game in the world.

However, a lot of LoL-players (who are also former WoW players) would like to be able to design their own characters, customize their class, and play in a non-isometric UI. Gw2 has the perfect chance to sweep in and do this, but it’s missing the major feature that keeps people playing LoL: The ability to play with your friends.

What’s the point in a multiplayer game you cannot play with the people whose company you enjoy? Honestly, Arena.net, not sure how you missed the ball on this one so hard. Everyone I know has abandoned GW2 largely because of the absence of this feature. Your community is hemorrhaging players, and this is your one obvious solution.

You don’t even need to abandon the wishes of the few lone pubbies, who for some reason like to queue solo for PvP. Simply leave a few games in your PvP lobby that still forcibly scramble the teams. However, switch over to 1-5 man group queue for the rest. No game successful in the MMO or MOBA PvP world lacks this feature. Not one.

If you don’t add it, the SPvP’s chance for long-lasting popularity is done for. I say this as a player who would love to come back, but have no incentive with the current inability to engage in fun, conveniently-joined PvP with my friends.

Anyhoo, good luck. Hope you guys make the right choice. (Though if you haven’t yet, with all the QQ already out there, I’m not exactly crossing my fingers.)

(edited by Jackalrat.5493)

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

However, a lot of LoL-players (who are also former WoW players) would like to be able to design their own characters, customize their class, and play in a non-isometric UI. Gw2 has the perfect chance to sweep in and do this, but it’s missing the major feature that keeps people playing LoL: The ability to play with your friends.

1. You can play with your friends just fine in everything except WvW (for which you have the option to change worlds anyway, could be worse). Guesting is free, even if it’s way late.

2. Allowing players to design their own avatars leads to balance concerns regarding (the already convoluted) interpretation of combat. This means that Anet would have to put in a bunch of limitations on how much customization is possible and it would probably result in a level of customization which isn’t all that different from what is available now.

3. Are you saying that if the interface was inspired by an Apollonian gasket the game would be more popular? I somehow don’t think so.

4. People have been quitting the game in droves for reasons unrelated to character customization and an “isometric UI”

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

No, I meant GW2 already has all of those things you listed going for it.

It’s the lack of group queue in SPvP holding it back.

The class customization is awesome, the UI is already non-isometric (compared to LoL, Diablo, etc). It’s just the lack of group queues in Spvp.

Sorry I wasn’t clear on that.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Just do the free tournaments? I do queues with 1 other person often, and it works great.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

No, I meant GW2 already has all of those things you listed going for it.

It’s the lack of group queue in SPvP holding it back.

The class customization is awesome, the UI is already non-isometric (compared to LoL, Diablo, etc). It’s just the lack of group queues in Spvp.

Sorry I wasn’t clear on that.

Lack of group queue?

I might be dim here, but the “create my own roster” thing seems pretty much like a group queue to me.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

I think u might not know but theres more than just hotjoins in this game.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

1. You can play with your friends just fine in everything except WvW (for which you have the option to change worlds anyway, could be worse). Guesting is free, even if it’s way late.

This is a legitimate issue. I completely agree with the original poster’s post. As a member of a guild that focuses on PvP they have all quit with the majority feeling they can’t play with their friends in sPvP. This is just one issue among many that has turned players away from PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

and there’s dota 2

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

This is a legitimate issue. I completely agree with the original poster’s post. As a member of a guild that focuses on PvP they have all quit with the majority feeling they can’t play with their friends in sPvP. This is just one issue among many that has turned players away from PvP.

Well…

Attachments:

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Tournament Browser Create roster “Invite Party”

On top of that Custom Arena’s are coming to replace the current HJ.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

I have been written quite a lot regarding applying some aspects of LoL to GW2. These parts come from my blog and I look at it regarding the whole rank progression and group experience.

“Elo does not exist for role playing purposes – It is not just another number where anyone can get whenever he wishes just by playing casually or on the regular basis.It defies your commitment, loyalty, dedication, team play and individual hardship.

Pugs want to win – That is right. In ranked matches individuals do not stop typing. Everyone wants to win because it means progression, getting away from the low rank table and reaching higher. If individuals start kittening around report is guaranteed not only from your team mates but also from the enemies (blew you away that one right?) because both parties do not want to have to randomly be sided by a major kitten up such as your self. Plus reaching higher tables means being matched with less awayers, trolls and mainly bad or new players and being put with players that actually know the basics and can perform easily on the average standard of skill output. Everyone though has the chance to reach that.

Therefore until we see ranked matches to separate who belongs where, which division and league, pugs in MMOrpgs will be just that. An inconvenient way of grouping up".

in PvP

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

Well…

Tournament Browser Create roster “Invite Party”

On top of that Custom Arena’s are coming to replace the current HJ.

I am talking about people that quit long before the current non-paid 1 round tournaments came to be. Before queues were simply too long. If they were still playing the current tournaments might be enough for them to have fun. It is not enough to draw them back. There needs to be more updates.

Also, the current hotjoins turn new players away. Do you really think everyone that goes into sPvP for the first time wants to jump into the most competitive format? They want to get their feet wet, have fun with friends, and gain some experience. Hotjoins do not fulfill this role. Once they feel comfortable then they should hop over to tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Well, I’ve seen couple dozen people quit, but being unable to play with friends was never the reason.

Completely agree about zergjoins though.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Well, we’re getting rent-servers soon, so you can play your fingers off in a non-serious environment with your friends if you so desire.

(edited by Rika.7249)