How This Work!?

How This Work!?

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

I had 11 wins and 8 loses,with 11 points i was in 86%
But i saw i guy on 799 spot with 7 wins and 11 loses with 18 points SO HOW THIS kitten THING WORK!?

How This Work!?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

How This Work!?

in PvP

Duka.5864

Ok! I just don’t see any difference of being first on list or last!And now it recorded 2 loses,but it didn’t record win,and how i got only 1 point from 2 wins!?

How This Work!?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

a tl; dr explanation would be:
if you win, you usually + 1 ladder point,
because you will not defeat teams better than you.

if you lose, you usually -1 ladder point,
because the other team is better than you.

however, if the other team had a slightly higher chance to defeat you, but you lost the match anyway but somehow managed to score at least 400 team points, you will get + 1 ladder point for that lost.

How This Work!?

in PvP

Duka.5864

It looks like your system is lottery and big weal determine whose gonna get a cookie!

How This Work!?

in PvP

Duka.5864

however, if the other team had a slightly higher chance to defeat you, but you lost the match anyway but somehow managed to score at least 400 team points, you will get + 1 ladder point for that lost.

So i can play all day and don’t move on leader at all! Nice!

How This Work!?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

It looks like your system is lottery and big weal determine whose gonna get a cookie!

in a way, yes, it is a lottery because you do not know how the match making system matches you with or against other players.

but, i noticed that, if you queue solo or duo, you might probably have a better chance of winning, odds are close to 50-50 maybe lower, maybe higher. some fun matches, if you can get a good game, say win or lose 500 – 400 or 500 – 300 etc

however, if you queue 3 or 4 or 5, depending on weekdays or weekends, and what hour of the day, you might be matched up against some very strong teams that you completely obliterate your team. 80 – 500, 150 – 500 etc. not very fun.

How This Work!?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, if you play all day, but do not win many matches, then yes, you will not move up the ladder at all.

to move up the ladder, you need to play a lot of matches, and win more matches than you lose, and in the event that you do lose, lose with at least 200 team points, to avoid a ladder point deduction, or even better, if you lose with at least 400 team points, your ladder point is a guaranteed + 1 if the other team is supposed to win, or – 1 if your team is supposed to win.

How This Work!?

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

well, if you play all day, but do not win many matches, then yes, you will not move up the ladder at all.
\

actually youll probably go up because you lose every game then if you get like 200 points you still gain rank points since you are expected to lose every game

gerdian

How This Work!?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

\

actually youll probably go up because you lose every game then if you get like 200 points you still gain rank points since you are expected to lose every game

not exactly, if the other team is very good, you will not be able to get 200 points at all.

only in close games, where the other team has a slightly higher chance to defeat your team, and then your team somehow managed to score at least 400 team points, it is only then, you might earn 1 ladder point for that lost.

other wise, earning at least 200 points only means you may have a chance to not lose 1 ladder point for that lost.

because, really good teams will make sure you do not get more than 200 points.

How This Work!?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I had 11 wins and 8 loses,with 11 points i was in 86%
But i saw i guy on 799 spot with 7 wins and 11 loses with 18 points SO HOW THIS kitten THING WORK!?

The player at 799 was on teams that did MUCH better than the matchmaker predicted.

This system does put you in matches that it expects you to lose. (Usually because there is no other team in the queue at your skill level).

If you WIN one of those matches, you can get more than one point.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

How This Work!?

in PvP

Duka.5864

I got it now TY all