How a PvP'er makes gold.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

I feel like a noob….I’m sure plenty others know about this….but just incase others don’t using 10 arcane power ( very common ) 10 Arcane Orbs ( also common ) 1 Arcane Sliver ( rare ) 1 Consumable Token = Unidentified Dye….After just finding out about this I just made 10 and made 7gold. I aint complaining. =)

Hope someone somewhere learns something =P. On a similar note, how do you make your gold as a predominant pvp’er?

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

At the mystic forge btw. =)

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I’ve tried teaching people how to PvP for gold, but I only get very few customers. Not enough to sustain my greedy wishes. So I’m forced out of my lovely PvP niche to play PvE with people whom I quote “all dps the big red guy” in CoF.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Invision.1307

Invision.1307

I would say 10 Arcane Powder is rarer than 1 Arcane Sliver.
Anyone disagree?

“Heart Of The [MIST” – Guild Leader

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Didn’t know that recipe, that being said I wish there was a small cash reward for winning in tournies… Or that glory could go into gems, and then gems to gold…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Invision.1307

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/55030-pvp-mystic-forge-recipes/
It’s not updated, and doesn’t have Shark/Phoenix, but it got most recipes. Also, you may find it a bit inaccurate some places, but you’ll understand how it works.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Didn’t know that recipe, that being said I wish there was a small cash reward for winning in tournies… Or that glory could go into gems, and then gems to gold…

They used to give out gems to tournament winners in the 3 round tournaments. That has since been removed.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: derLoko.2185

derLoko.2185

thx for that info! i had no idea there is a recipe for dyes..
too bad we have to resort to something like this because there are no actual rewards for a PvX Player…

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Too bad forging all this stuff takes forever. I have enough mats and glory (for the tokens) to make like a bazillion of these, but sitting at the forge throwing stuff in is not fun. Playing tournaments is fun.

Just let us pick the stupid dyes as a reward directly from tournament wins with the interface that is used for personal story rewards that you get a choice on. That way I can stop loading up the tons of dust that I don’t want to spend the effort converting to slivers so I can then convert them to dyes. This is a stupid time sink, grinding a crafting interface for RNG rewards that might be worth upwards of 30s. WHoopdee friggin doo.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I feel like a noob….I’m sure plenty others know about this….but just incase others don’t using 10 arcane power ( very common ) 10 Arcane Orbs ( also common ) 1 Arcane Sliver ( rare ) 1 Consumable Token = Unidentified Dye….After just finding out about this I just made 10 and made 7gold. I aint complaining. =)

Hope someone somewhere learns something =P. On a similar note, how do you make your gold as a predominant pvp’er?

Made 60 last month, Total Profit: 4g…… good on you though to support terrible RNG.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I feel like I should create a guild, invite some of the top players of each class, then charge for lessons.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Invision.1307

Bought 90 Unidentified Dyes on TP. Costed me 16.5g, sold all for 4g. Loss: 12.5g
Of course you’ll get +profit by crafting them, but it’s not guaranteed a good profit, at all. It’s really bad to be honest.

@Myrmidian Eudoros, I was thinking about a suggestion for Arena Net, when I read your post. What if they made like a quantity option in the Mystic Forge, kinda like they have in the crafting stations in PvE. So if you chose to craft let’s say 50 unidentified dyes, it does it automatically after you click “craft”.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Yeah you can make a little money if lady luck is on your side, and you have eaten no less than 4 magical trolls and sacrificed at least 9 souls to the blood gods, then yeah, you may get lucky enough to get a few decent dyes. Mostly its crap though haha.

Somewhat on topic, but MMO’s (as a whole) seem to forever make the same mistake with PVP. The biggest problem with PVE content is it has a lifetime, and its often short. Its why any decent mmo (guild wars 1 and 2 of course, wow etc) will update it often with raids new content and so on. They have to play that game of keeping people interested, when old PVE content becomes old and stale.

Yet PVP pretty much avoids thats problem. Sure a little updating here and there, some new maps now and again would be nice, but for the most part the fun is duking it out with each other, so we provide all the difficult parts. PVP solves player retention to quite a large degree, yet everyone wants the PVE pie. Well we demand more PVP pie be made, and it served with a nice creamy sauce of trait line fixes :P

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

@Myrmidian Eudoros, I was thinking about a suggestion for Arena Net, when I read your post. What if they made like a quantity option in the Mystic Forge, kinda like they have in the crafting stations in PvE. So if you chose to craft let’s say 50 unidentified dyes, it does it automatically after you click “craft”.

I thought about that myself. I suspect the code for doing it that way would be much more complicated than copy-pasting the reward routine from elsewhere in game. There is the issue that dye prices would probably plummet immediately from this anyway, thus rendering the function useless. I dunno. Just wanna play.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Invision.1307

I thought about that myself. I suspect the code for doing it that way would be much more complicated than copy-pasting the reward routine from elsewhere in game. There is the issue that dye prices would probably plummet immediately from this anyway, thus rendering the function useless. I dunno. Just wanna play.

Haha

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Made about four or five hundred dyes in my TPvP lifetime.
Totaled about 16 to 20 gold.

The odds are not with you in this one….

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

GW1 had awesome reward directly linked to PvP play. I could wait for bonus weekends then get zaishen keys that I would sell for around 5-6k each.

Also if you won 5 consecutive rounds you would get reward chests that went for quite a bit as well and could drop rare skins.

Come on Anet! You know how to do it. So why aren’t you?

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Sadistis.4257

Sadistis.4257

I’m sorry… I’m a PvPer gold is an unfamiliar concept to me lol

[NMG] Noir Mercenary Guild
-Sorrow’s Furnace WvW/tPvP

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

You can make gold by selling dyes you get from chest or craft, but as a PVPer you have little need or much gold. Nothing there cost any gold anyway.

If you want more character slots the income form dyes should be sufficient.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

You can make gold by selling dyes you get from chest or craft, but as a PVPer you have little need or much gold. Nothing there cost any gold anyway.

If you want more character slots the income form dyes should be sufficient.

Not true. There are several skins that you can convert for pvp that cost bazillions of gold. And that’s talking about the ones avaible in the TP (200g for one skin, anyone?). Now add that to the ones they are releasing on their gem store (600 gem per skin)…

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I’ve gotten 2 abyss dyes from pvp, and several other rares worth a gold or two each. I feel like I win this thread. Incidentally, that seems to be the start and end to all my gw2 luck.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

This is pretty useful as what else are you going to use the mats for? Already got a white dye from the first 10. But wow does it take forever to click the same 4 mats over, and over, and over, and over, and ooooooooooooverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why can’t I just repeat the same recipe x50? Terrible mystic toilet mechanics are terrible.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Invision.1307

Filling up the pvp lockers and waiting for something more useful to use glory on (new update)

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

22 chests. 4 unidentified dyes. Everything salvaged and with stuff I still had collected I made 19 other dyes.

Now I finally got lucky and one of these was an Abbys dye.

Since I mainly play for fun and don’t care that much about skins(I don’t like most of them) I just salvage everything… and try to make dyes. If it’s not Abyss I still can use some more dyes at chars of my char slots 2-5.

Once I got every day on every char I’ll sell even the cheaper stuff. Might still earn me some silver. Usually of 20 dyes 2-3 yellow that sell at around 20 silver.

Soon I might be able to buy my 6th char slot(I already could if I used the few gold of other chars as well but I want every char at least to keep 2-3 gold) without ever having farmed.

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

I feel like I should create a guild, invite some of the top players of each class, then charge for lessons.

Auto attack 101
Dealing with Downed
How to find the real mesmer
Learning2Dodge
Waiting in circle for Dummies
Waiting in circle for Pros

So much to learn!

How a PvP'er makes gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i play 2-3 hotjoin matches and start to rage bout everything, than i go play auktionshouse for 10-15 min to calm down and start the 2-3 hotjoin matches again and start to rage bout eversything, than i go …………………..

works fine for me – have a lot money and nothing to spend^^